Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops (12757 Views)

Photos: Lagos Computer Village Razed By Fire / People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) / About Computer Village,ikeja,lagos State.(largest I.T Market In Nigeria)pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by billante(m): 1:46pm On Jul 28, 2012
All the road side traders at computer village ikeja were dis morning cleared by the kai and security forces!...the place is as free as air now!

Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by stpat1(m): 6:18pm On Jul 28, 2012
People that have stores will be so happy now cos more biz for them. but how abt my street guys now. Fashola you wicked o
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by ebamma(m): 8:09pm On Jul 28, 2012
so many people will lose their means of livelihood by this action,i hope a little compensation will be given to them.
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by Toheeb31(m): 8:09pm On Jul 28, 2012
Nice one Gov Fashola

1 Like

Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by Kenneth205(m): 8:11pm On Jul 28, 2012
Gud
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 28, 2012
That rowdiness too much, last week I was waylaid in broad daylight by them street boys.

Thank you o - Mr Fashola.

Good riddance to rubbish
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by abbey37(m): 8:12pm On Jul 28, 2012
Na lie it won't work give them one week they are back in the hustle.do you the thousands of people that lives off the street in computer village? Dem pass shop owners sef
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by uzomagic(m): 8:13pm On Jul 28, 2012
How come this story which is a routine exercise by FCTA officials in Abuja get to the front page?
I will not be surprised that these ACN goons on this forum will roll out the red carpet to celebrate Fashola for clearing make shift structures in computer village.
This is the hype that has surrounded fashola's second term in office.

3 Likes

Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by Youngzedd(m): 8:14pm On Jul 28, 2012
Good job, but those that earn a living through there will be in a great mess, hope they shall be compensated or made provision for another place.
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by Dawdy(m): 8:16pm On Jul 28, 2012
Welcomed!
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 28, 2012
ebamma: so many people will lose their means of livelihood by this action,i hope a little compensation will be given to them.

Compensation for causing public nuisance,blocking free flow of traffic or short-changing shop owners ? Abeg,which one of the above should fashola compensate them for ?

9 Likes

Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by chucky234(m): 8:19pm On Jul 28, 2012
Fash why naw,those street guys got no other means of livelyhood.
They will bounce back,hustling for life.
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by tampa1871: 8:21pm On Jul 28, 2012
ebamma: so many people will lose their means of livelihood by this action,i hope a little compensation will be given to them.
Foolish mentality. Compensation for what? When they took 3/4 of the road, leading to gridlock and robbery. Only in Nigeria do we tolerate and celebrate criminality.
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by ifyalways(f): 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2012
Where they really posing a nuisance to anyone ?
How much does it cost to rent a shop @ the computer village?
Where they duly notified before the demolition exercise?
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by EvilBrain1(m): 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2012
Those guys don't have any right to trade on the roadside so they don't deserve any compensation. I understand that times are hard, but people can't be allowed to make a living by inconveniencing everybody else.

The pavement is meant for walking, not for trading.

1 Like

Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:28pm On Jul 28, 2012
Is the new computer village ready?
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by economia: 8:29pm On Jul 28, 2012
Eko 'oni bajẹ... obẹti
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by Afam4eva(m): 8:32pm On Jul 28, 2012
JideTheBlogger: Is the new computer village ready?
I don't think those boys are ready to move to elsewhere.
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by Faun(m): 8:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
Damn! Looking at those pictures meeeehn, Lagos is definitely one UGLY city! Jesus!!!
The way you hear some goons brag about Lagos on this forum ehn, you go think say the place na Beverly Hills or Malibu!
What a hideous overrated f..u.cking eyesore! shocked

1 Like

Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by acidtalk: 8:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
this is the type of mindset that keeps dragging Nigeria backwards.

Go to Accra, Nairo, johanessburg and common Dakar, street trading is outrighly not tolerated.

USA, UK, Canada, Belgium, France and other countries all over the world have more population and at times tougher ecenomic policies yet their citizens survive without street trading. Or Greece, Spain and Italian citizens which are going through terrible financial crises don't have things to also sell on their streets?

1 Like

Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
ifyalways: Where they really posing a nuisance to anyone ?
How much does it cost to rent a shop @ the computer village?
Where they duly notified before the demolition exercise?

Notify them to remove their tables and stools ? shocked shocked Abi I no see the picture well ni.
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by YungG(m): 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2012
billante: All the road side traders at computer village ikeja were dis morning cleared by the kai and security forces!...the place is as free as air now!

A good step in the right direaction..
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by phemmy1987: 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2012
Fashola 1 turn lag 2 london within his 8yrs tenor. E no possible. just dey wick ppl
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by miqos02(m): 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2012
they will soon be back in biz because it happened 2yrs ago. the minimum they pay daily to ikeja touts is 200naira daily who in turn settle govt officials.the state and local govts collects taxes from shop owners but these street traders don't pay any.
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by mekaboy(m): 8:43pm On Jul 28, 2012
[b]NIGERIA THE RICH GET RICHER THE POOR GET POORER, SOME NIGERIANS ARE BUSY STEALING BILLIONS AND GOING FREE, SOME NIGERIANS HAVE REFUSED TO ENGAGE IN CRIME AND DECIDED TO WORK LEGITIMATELY FOR INCOME, AND THE SAME GOVT WILL DESTROY THEIR SOURCE.

TOMORROW THEY WILL LAMENT OVER THE LEVEL OF INSECURITY, WHAT STOPS FASHIOLA FROM BUILDING SMALL SHOPS THERE AND LET THESE PEOPLE PAY INSTALLMENT FOR 10YEARS UNTIL THEY FINISH ?

GOVT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE, YES THE AREA IS CLEAN NOW, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT FEED FROM THAT AREA ? WHEN WILL NIGERIAN GOVT VALUE THE LIFE OF A NIGERIAN CITIZEN MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE?

WHEN WILL GOVT START TO TAKE DEEP THOUGHTS ABOUT PEOPLES HARDSHIP BEFORE TAKING ACTION? WHEN WILL THE GOVERNOR HAVE SLEEPLESS NIGHT, THINKING OF WHAT HE CAN DO TO HELP ORDINARY HUSTLING YOUTHS ON THE STREETS?

ALL THEY THINK OF IS DEMOLISH THE STRUCTURES AND LET THE PEOPLE GO TO HELL. IF THE GOVT WAS NOT CORRUPT AND CREATED JOBS AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO ARTISANS, WONT THESE GUYS BE ABLE TO AFFORD A SHOP ? [/b]

13 Likes

Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 28, 2012
uzomagic: How come this story which is a routine exercise by FCTA officials in Abuja get to the front page?
I will not be surprised that these ACN goons on this forum will roll out the red carpet to celebrate Fashola for clearing make shift structures in computer village.
What exactly is your point?Are u angry that this made the front page or that he probably want to run for third term? I advice u tell his PDP(PEOPLES'S DESTRUCTIVE PARTY) to work and stop looting. Those guyz are nuisance to computer village.They sell fake things and when u return there to make complaints,they are gone. I tnk they should find a shop for themselves. We need to put up the habit of orderliness,accountability,cordination and we need start from somewhere. We're alien to these good attitudes but used to bad ones like lack of coordination and orderliness. Though we'l pay a price but we'l definitely thank God for them. I love this Fashola guy. He's truly a leader per excellence

2 Likes

Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 28, 2012
uzomagic: How come this story which is a routine exercise by FCTA officials in Abuja get to the front page?
What exactly is your point?Are u angry that this made the front page or that he probably want to run for third term? I advice u tell his PDP(PEOPLES'S DESTRUCTIVE PARTY) to work and stop looting. Those guyz are nuisance to computer village.They sell fake things and when u return there to make complaints,they are gone. I tnk they should find a shop for themselves. We need to put up the habit of orderliness,accountability,cordination and we need start from somewhere. We're alien to these good attitudes but used to bad ones like lack of coordination and orderliness. Though we'l pay a price but we'l definitely thank God for them. I love this Fashola guy. He's truly a leader per excellence

1 Like

Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by Slyr0x: 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2012
I LOVE THIS.

[size=14pt]These are the same people that wrap Amala in Blackberry Bold5 casing and sell off to unsuspecting buyers.[/size]

Way to go!

EKO O NI BAJE!

5 Likes

Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by alaoeri: 8:51pm On Jul 28, 2012
The process should be carried out regularly or else give these ppl like 3weeks they are back as usual, even if oshodi isn't check regularly am afraid it 'll be like before.
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
mekaboy: [b]NIGERIA THE RICH GET RICHER THE POOR GET POORER, SOME NIGERIANS ARE BUSY STEALING BILLIONS AND GOING FREE, SOME NIGERIANS HAVE REFUSED TO ENGAGE IN CRIME AND DECIDED TO WORK LEGITIMATELY FOR INCOME, AND THE SAME GOVT WILL DESTROY THEIR SOURCE.

TOMORROW THEY WILL LAMENT OVER THE LEVEL OF INSECURITY, WHAT STOPS FASHIOLA FROM BUILDING SMALL SHOPS THERE AND LET THESE PEOPLE PAY INSTALLMENT FOR 10YEARS UNTIL THEY FINISH ?

GOVT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE, YES THE AREA IS CLEAN NOW, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT FEED FROM THAT AREA ? WHEN WILL NIGERIAN GOVT VALUE THE LIFE OF A NIGERIAN CITIZEN MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE?

WHEN WILL GOVT START TO TAKE DEEP THOUGHTS ABOUT PEOPLES HARDSHIP BEFORE TAKING ACTION? WHEN WILL THE GOVERNOR HAVE SLEEPLESS NIGHT, THINKING OF WHAT HE CAN DO TO HELP ORDINARY HUSTLING YOUTHS ON THE STREETS?

ALL THEY THINK OF IS DEMOLISH THE STRUCTURES AND LET THE PEOPLE GO TO HELL. IF THE GOVT WAS NOT CORRUPT AND CREATED JOBS AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO ARTISANS, WONT THESE GUYS BE ABLE TO AFFORD A SHOP ? [/b]

You need to be bitchslapped. . . .Are there no shops already fully occupied by traders in Ikeja computer market ?

Government should build shops for people without or with very dim prospect of paying back their mortages ? Which kind economics be this abi fashola na father xmas ?
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by Henrychris(m): 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2012
Glad to know that.Nice one FASHOLA
Re: KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops by juman(m): 9:00pm On Jul 28, 2012
abbey37: Na lie it won't work give them one week they are back in the hustle.do you the thousands of people that lives off the street in computer village? Dem pass shop owners sef

Hmmm, they are many more than the shop owners. May be there should be one way or the other to accommodate them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TIG Treasure Resources: Any One Who Can Advise Me On Them? / General Electric To Invest $150 Million In Nigeria / Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.