Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,313 members, 7,842,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife (28209 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? / Could My Wife Be Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by sd6: 5:53am On Aug 04, 2012
semid4lyfe:

How many Kg is the one you bought/ordered?

Yea, I ordered for 5kg, LG WP750R
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by sd6: 5:59am On Aug 04, 2012
lukkie:

Nice one. Remember to buy washing powder too. Persil Colour is very good.

Thanks bro, we have always used Ariel for hand wash and many people here say its good for the washer. I have however heard some mention persil powder. Anything specific about using it with a washer?
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by zaliya(f): 9:21am On Aug 04, 2012
My friend wants it urgently. She stays around Ojo Barracks/ Trade fair area. Please Where is the closest LG shop around there. Tanks
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by semid4lyfe(m): 10:37am On Aug 04, 2012
sd-6:

Thanks bro, we have always used Ariel for hand wash and many people here say its good for the washer. I have however heard some mention persil powder. Anything specific about using it with a washer?

Persil is the best washing machine detergent but it is very expensive and mostly used by professional laundries. That's one of the reasons their cost of drycleaning is v.expensive as the cost of the persil powder is passed on to the customer.

Also, front loaders have this very sensitive rubber that frames the inlet. Regular detergents weaken & cut the rubber & thats why persil is recommended for their use but top loaders don't have this rubber so the regular detergent can be used. My aunt got a Kelvinator top loader recently and the technician advised her to use OM0 detergent for coloured clothes and Zip detergent for whites. . .but generally you can use any detergent for top loaders.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by sd6: 3:14pm On Aug 04, 2012
Thanks guys, its been delivered!

8 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by mogbomoya: 1:32pm On Aug 08, 2012
@sd-6,

Have you tested it? How is the performance.
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by sd6: 9:42pm On Aug 09, 2012
mogbomoya: @sd-6,

Have you tested it? How is the performance.

Yea it works really fine. At first i had to follow blank's advice about a plastic (safety cover) i have to fix when spinning. It works well and if u have a water source connected, it goes with more ease than having to pour in water using buckets. The clothes come out clean and spinning makes them almost dry. I tried it with my 2.5kva gen and it worked fine. I like it and my wife is really happy with that cuz she either multitasks with other chores or watches tv while d toploader does the job.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by Timi1990(m): 3:17pm On Sep 24, 2012
Pls am new on this forum, I want to start a dry-cleaning biz
in my area soon, and I want someone to recommend a good washing machine for me . Pls am just an undergraduate and can't afford very expensive one; my budget is around 50k. And pls how do one starch a cloth with washing machine ?
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by tpia6: 2:27pm On Nov 04, 2014
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by tpia6: 5:11am On Nov 05, 2014
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by jane4D: 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2015
Thanks everyone for the comments.my husband wants to get me one and i've been doing a lot of research on different types. my sis-in-law has the LG front loader and it work very well and as for using persil detergent, it uses just a small amount per load like the size of the small but the problem i had with it was the fact that it doesn't have a separate spin button. i think this is important because some cloths should not be dryed at all(it shrinks them). i heard the twin tub has a separate spin button but all the article i have read so far say it tears cloths. pls can anyone confirm this.
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by Iyabetajos(f): 9:08am On Oct 22, 2015
i want to get dis for my mum.pls can it wash blankets tooo
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by armyofone(m): 11:05am On Oct 22, 2015
Where in Ibadan can I buy this machine from?

What is the price range?
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by ndcide(m): 4:46am On Oct 28, 2017
Hello folks, @sd6 how has it been over the years with your washing machine. Have you changed it?

I'm curious. Someone wants to dash me a front loader. I'm thinking of I can use a jerrycan to put water in it, with the jerrycan on top of the machine. Please advise.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by ADUKKY(f): 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2017
This top loader washing machine is bae, I have been using mine since December 2012 till date. No problem at all, hubby now wash and spin at the same time. I hope this does not damage it sha.
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by LadySarah: 4:39pm On Oct 28, 2017
sd6:
You guys are great, am taking delivery of the washer tomorrow. My wife has already heaped the dirty clothes. I paid 33k for it. Hope I have the same experience(worked well) you all had.

To get satisfaction,let her try to soak the clothes like normal handwashing but this time in the machine.the button should be at wash not drain while at it.
Have used mine for 2yrs and really helps in tbe rainy season.
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by LadySarah: 4:40pm On Oct 28, 2017
ndcide:
Hello folks, @sd6 how has it been over the years with your washing machine. Have you changed it?

I'm curious. Someone wants to dash me a front loader. I'm thinking of I can use a jerrycan to put water in it, with the jerrycan on top of the machine. Please advise.

your idea will not work.
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 28, 2017
smiley
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 28, 2017
sd6:
Thanks guys, its been delivered!
how's the washing machine and wife in 2017?grin
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by ndcide(m): 8:12pm On Oct 29, 2017
LadySarah:

your idea will not work.

Okay maybe so ridiculous abi?

Actually I wanted to know if when the water pressure is not so high, will the machine not work?

Maybe an automatic top loader may bearah better.

Ladysarah, do you use one? Front or top loader? How's your experience.
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by LadySarah: 8:46pm On Oct 29, 2017
ndcide:

Okay maybe so ridiculous abi?

Actually I wanted to know if when the water pressure is not so high, will the machine not work?

Maybe an automatic top loader may bearah better.

Ladysarah, do you use one? Front or top loader? How's your experience.

I use toploader but used to own frontloader,the procedure is tiring.the machine wont work with low pressure nah unless you want it to drywash your clorhes.it will then breakdown and there are no tecgnicians and spareparts for it in Naija.
save money and get toploader,you can even use i pass my neighbour gen to run it.
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by ndcide(m): 7:50am On Oct 30, 2017
LadySarah:

I use toploader but used to own frontloader,the procedure is tiring.the machine wont work with low pressure nah unless you want it to drywash your clorhes.it will then breakdown and there are no tecgnicians and spareparts for it in Naija.
save money and get toploader,you can even use i pass my neighbour gen to run it.

Thanks.. I may not go for the automatic top loader then.. Maybe the semi automatic top loader like the one bought by Sd6
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by ndcide(m): 1:14pm On Nov 11, 2017
LadySarah:

Please what soap do you use. Anyone?
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by ImaIma1(f): 8:14am On Nov 12, 2017
Exactly the type of mine. Easy to use. You wash and rinse on same side and spin on the other side. It is a good buy
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by sd6: 7:48am On Jan 27, 2018
[quote author=ndcide post=61838533]Hello folks, @sd6 how has it been over the years with your washing machine. Have you changed it?

The machine still works very well. But I have observed that water tends to leak as you wash. However this is due to prolonged and not quality. The product is durable.
Front loaders are for areas where you have constant water supply as you cannot pure water into it with a keg. imagine opening a refrigerator to pour water in.
so if you don't have constant water supply, best bet is to get a top loader.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by ndcide(m): 9:10am On Jan 27, 2018
[quote author=sd6 post=64548168][/quote]
Thank you so much. I already got a top loader.
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 08, 2018
[quote author=sd6 post=64548168][/quote]Hello how far your washing matching ?is it still working normal
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by tabithababy(f): 4:30am On Dec 18, 2018
LadySarah:

Okay
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by Homeyfav: 6:20pm On Oct 11, 2019
;'
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by Aadeyemo1(m): 9:26pm On Oct 11, 2019
It's working very well. M also using the exact of it. Very easy to operate but u must place it where water is accessible Nd could easily be dispersed.
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by Homeyfav: 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2019
';;

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"My Wife Is Very Dirty, Everywhere In The House Smells" – Man Tells Court / Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired / Things Every Female In Her 20’s Should Know (MUST READ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.