Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? (65542 Views)

Dad’s Incredible Reaction To News 14-year-old Son Is Not His / Mother Goes Unclad In Birthday Shoot For Her 4-Year-Old Son / If You Were To Advise Your Son/daughter On Marriage, What W'd Be Your Greatest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lampardizik(m): 9:34pm On Sep 28, 2015
You and your spouse are a wealthy couple and indeed very rich

While on a visit to a premium Apple store in Dubia,your 13 year old child asks for a 24 karat gold Iphone 6 ($8000) for his/her 14th year birthday

As a parent,would you get it for him/her?

Dose the fact that you are wealthy enough encourage you to buy such?

Yes?

Why?

No?

Why?

Give your reasons

*copied from BBCM

2 Shares

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Decapo: 9:35pm On Sep 28, 2015
I'll gladly buy it because I have the money

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by marshalcarter: 9:43pm On Sep 28, 2015
Wait lemme search for ma future wife and ask her

#headin to the future

156 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:51pm On Sep 28, 2015
I dey craze? For what? Gold Iphone 6 ko undecided undecided

23 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Mariecakes(f): 10:07pm On Sep 28, 2015
Since the money is there,.. why not?? what/who am I working for if not my kids

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Seuncoded(f): 10:18pm On Sep 28, 2015
Owo Nii Koko

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by pet4ril(f): 10:28pm On Sep 28, 2015
Wallahi, I no go buy, I rather invest it on the needy...

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by angieberry(f): 11:34pm On Sep 28, 2015
14 yr old? I don't think so!
If he/she was 18 yrs,I'd probably consider getting it for him/her,

As much as I would want to get them anything they want,it doesn't mean that I'll spoil them rotten.

119 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lampardizik(m): 12:26am On Sep 29, 2015
angieberry:
14 yr old? I don't think so!
If he/she was 18 yrs,I'd probably consider getting it for him/her,

As much as I would want to get them anything they want,it doesn't mean that I'll spoil them rotten.

Is buying them a phone spoiling them?

3 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lampardizik(m): 12:35am On Sep 29, 2015
pet4ril:
Wallahi, I no go buy, I rather invest it on the needy...

Why? undecided
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lampardizik(m): 12:38am On Sep 29, 2015
Seuncoded:
Owo Nii Koko

So you're saying yes or no?
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Pidggin(f): 12:47am On Sep 29, 2015
No I won't

5 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by LordReed(m): 6:08am On Sep 29, 2015
lampardizik:

Buying a 14year old a phone is not spoiling them but a gold plated iphone is spoiling them rotten. It is spoiling because you are totally skewering their sense of proportion, inundating their tastes with lifestyle choices they know nothing about sustaining. A 14year old can buy a phone for his/her self by doing a part time job or from saving up their allowances and cash gifts but can they reach $8000 that way? I strongly doubt that.

183 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by angieberry(f): 6:19am On Sep 29, 2015
Come on, $8000 for a phone??! That's unrealistic and expensive and why would I get it for my 14 yr old?? Can I even get it for my self??
lampardizik:

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Exponental(m): 7:24am On Sep 29, 2015
No I won't...... I can't spoil my children. I won't expose them to security threat either. Comfort...OK!

41 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by jashar(f): 8:34am On Sep 29, 2015
Maka gini kwanu? Mba nu oooo.... I refuse to raise another generation of spoilt and privileged children that don't have regard and value for money.

They should even be happy sef that I bought them normal phone cheesy grin grin.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lampardizik(m): 10:22am On Sep 29, 2015
angieberry:
Come on, $8000 for a phone??! That's unrealistic and expensive and why would I get it for my 14 yr old?? Can I even get it for my self??

Even if you and hubby are so wealthy?
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lampardizik(m): 10:25am On Sep 29, 2015
LordReed:

Buying a 14year old a phone is not spoiling them but a gold plated iphone is spoiling them rotten. It is spoiling because you are totally skewering their sense of proportion, inundating their tastes with lifestyle choices they know nothing about sustaining. A 14year old can buy a phone for his/her self by doing a part time job or from saving up their allowances and cash gifts but can they reach $8000 that way? I strongly doubt that.

So you are saying even if you are so rich and can more than afford it,you will not but it for him?

And since you are that rich,what would be the ideal allowance?
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lampardizik(m): 10:28am On Sep 29, 2015
Mariecakes:
Since the money is there,.. why not?? what/who am I working for if not my kids

So you will buy whatever your kid asks for at that age?

4 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lampardizik(m): 10:30am On Sep 29, 2015
Pidggin:
No I won't

Why will you not buy it for them,you have the money so why not
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by LordReed(m): 1:37pm On Sep 29, 2015
lampardizik:

So you are saying even if you are so rich and can more than afford it,you will not but it for him?

And since you are that rich,what would be the ideal allowance?

It is not a question of if I can afford it but it's appropriateness. It is just as bad as buying a 14year old a car. These kinds of things set up children who grow up and have no sense of proportion, everything has to become bigger than the last or else no joy.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lampardizik(m): 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2015
LordReed:

It is not a question of if I can afford it but it's appropriateness. It is just as bad as buying a 14year old a car. These kinds of things set up children who grow up and have no sense of proportion, everything has to become bigger than the last or else no joy.

You would be a great dad,if you're not already one

Cheers

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by LordReed(m): 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2015
lampardizik:

You would be a great dad,if you're not already one

Cheers

wink Thanks and cheers.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2015
Ordinary phone armu robber dey chop off person hand to collect am,so imagine if dem sight am with this one, no be kidnap tinz? Well to answer your question, hell to da Nooooooo

25 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lampardizik(m): 3:40pm On Sep 29, 2015
Idowuogbo:
Ordinary phone armu robber dey chop off person hand to collect am,so imagine if dem sight am with this one, no be kidnap tinz? Well to answer your question, hell to da Nooooooo

Funny
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by angieberry(f): 5:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
Even if we literally had all the money in the world.
lampardizik:

Even if you and hubby are so wealthy?

3 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Pidggin(f): 7:41pm On Sep 29, 2015
lampardizik:

Why will you not buy it for them,you have the money so why not

I wouldn't want them to be obsessed with material things. There's always a risk factor attached to immaturity and materialism.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lampardizik(m): 9:26pm On Sep 29, 2015
Pidggin:

It's risky, i wouldn't want them to be obsessed with material things

Nice
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 30, 2015
No I will not..
I will let the child know that I have the money and there is a difference between needs and wants
and also assets and liability..
Then he/she will understand why I wont buy it..

14 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by 9iceX(m): 9:05am On Sep 30, 2015
If i can afford it -why not?

It shouldn't be about your child "being too young to use the device"... You should be more concerned on the kind of information they would be exposed to; probably while using the device to surf the internet. And as a parent, it is my duty to ensure that they are using the said device for the right purpose (information wise - academically)
Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by freecocoa(f): 9:15am On Sep 30, 2015
My kid will know better than to ask for such, him dey mad?angry

When some people don't have food to eat, he should work and use his own money to buy it, since he doesn't have sense.

19 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? by lampardizik(m): 10:48am On Sep 30, 2015
9iceX:
If i can afford it -why not?

It shouldn't be about your child "being too young to use the device"... You should be more concerned on the kind of information they would be exposed to; probably while using the device to surf the internet. And as a parent, it is my duty to ensure that they are using the said device for the right purpose (information wise - academically)

What about the impression you would be giving him/her at that age?

What about the sort of things his/her young mind can comprehend at that age?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! / When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? / My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.