Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,408 members, 7,826,579 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife (28180 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Would You Buy This For Your 14 Year Old Son/daughter? / Could My Wife Be Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by sd6: 11:29am On Jul 29, 2012
Please Nlanders has anybody used this topload washer before? Does it really work well?I really need to know cuz am getting it for my wife ASAP. Thanks a bunch

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 29, 2012
I've found toploaders pretty inferior to regular washing machines. You can't get much in them, and even when loaded sensibly, dirty clothes often come out not as clean as you could achieve with a hand wash. Twin-tubs are better, though still not as good as a regular washing machine.

It's your call though, but personally, I wouldn't bother.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by nat138: 1:44pm On Jul 29, 2012
I have seen a family friend with this, the clothes are washed on one side and then moved to be rinsed and spined on the other side, well I personally don't like it, if you can, get a regular washing machine for the Mrs, the stress of having to transfer clothes from one side to the other to me is work on it's own. But again if you stay in an area where constant water supply is an issue then stick to this one, since it does not need to be connected to water source like a regular machine.

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by semid4lyfe(m): 2:35pm On Jul 29, 2012
Parts for toploaders are readily more available & cheaper and toploading washing machines are easier to repair in Naija according to technicians.

An elderly relative saw the advert of a fancy LG 5-in-1 (washing, spinning, drying, pressing etc) fontloading digital washing machine on the internet, bought it for use and it's been from one problem to another.

She got in touch with me to help her get a technician to come look at it and when the technician saw the machine, the first thing he said was "Madam, you for no buy this machine nah" grin. According to him, it wasn't rugged, it's part were unavailable/very scarce and expensive and very few technicians could repair them. Even my drycleaner confirmed it and said the manually operated toploaders were better than the frontloading digital ones

The technician also mentioned that unlike the manual toploading washing machines which could use regular detergents like OMO & Zip, the recommended detergent for the LG machine was persil powder as it's rubber was very sensitive and would cut if any other soap was used. . . .and una know how damn expensive persil is in Naija.

Na the bigger type of that kain machine with washer/spinner on different sides my drycleaner dey use and I haven't had cause to complain about the handling of my clothes

If you're in Naija, please get a toploader

15 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by sd6: 5:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
Wow, you guys rock. Thanks a lot. My wife says she wouldnt mind tranferring from washer to spiner. Just that I havent seen this type before. The dealer says It works with the regular 2500* generator. I have adequate water supply and think its fine with me as long as it works well. More insights are welcome. Thanks
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by sd6: 10:34pm On Jul 29, 2012
Guys who know abt this should assist please before i displease my wife
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by blank(f): 11:16pm On Jul 29, 2012
I use it. I also use it with my gen when I am really desperate. (Gen is 3.5kva I think). It is ok. Its not like the normal front loader that u can just push buttons and the clothes will wash, rinse and dry.

My main problem with it is to get the plastic thingy inside to set properly before the clothes can rinse or dry. It takes patience to get it right.
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:40pm On Jul 29, 2012
[b][/b]
blank:

My main problem with it is to get the plastic thingy inside to set properly before the clothes can rinse or dry. It takes patience to get it right.

And it take patience to live life.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by sd6: 6:08am On Jul 30, 2012
blank: I use it. I also use it with my gen when I am really desperate. (Gen is 3.5kva I think). It is ok. Its not like the normal front loader that u can just push buttons and the clothes will wash, rinse and dry.

Please how long have you used it? Please can you help me with a succinct description of how to use it. Thanks.
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by Jummymine(f): 7:19am On Jul 30, 2012
I used lg manual top loader i didnt regret that i bought its very good i think you should buy it for your wife since she doesnt mind transferring it from the washer to the spinner and about the spinner i never had any problem with it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by onimine(f): 11:03am On Jul 30, 2012
I have bin using a top loader precisely d one from thermocool 4 4yrs now. Its superb as it works well with my 2.5kva gen

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by QMark: 3:45pm On Jul 30, 2012
www.sparkleanedge.com
....they do CLEAN business!
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by sd6: 5:54am On Jul 31, 2012
From what I've heard from the House, I think the toploader is ideal especially in Nigeria taking cognizance of our power and water supply. I assume the frontloaders may not work easily with the normal 2.5kva generators.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by blank(f): 12:43pm On Jul 31, 2012
It comes with a manual so u can find out how to use it.
But just a quick one;

To connect: It has a pipe that you can connect to a source of water supply or u can just pour in water whenever you want to use.
Washing is pretty straightforward. To use the rinser/dryer, u will need to set one plastic thingy that comes with it in the center of the clothes so that it can work well. Without it or not properly fixed, it will make a loud noise and shake so hard you will have to use it. The trick is in getting that plastic to be in the center. After a while, u get the hang of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by afrobaby(f): 4:15pm On Jul 31, 2012
I use this too, just in addition to what blank said, asides the fact that u have to set the sieve-like plastic well, the clothes must also be properly placed one at a time, if not, it may not work. At times, I feel it is spoilt until I rearrange the cloths, but it works well, prefer it to washing with ma hands, it is easier to operate and you can multitask while using it
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by sd6: 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2012
Thanks bro, should get it by thursday. I really have to ease the laundry stress at home. Hope it works well for me.
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by sd6: 6:36pm On Jul 31, 2012
afrobaby: I use this too, just in addition to what blank said, asides the fact that u have to set the sieve-like plastic well, the clothes must also be properly placed one at a time, if not, it may not work. At times, I feel it is spoilt until I rearrange the cloths, but it works well, prefer it to washing with ma hands, it is easier to operate and you can multitask while using it

Thanks for adding that. Cuz i was really skeptical about its effectiveness. I thought about the frontloader but this toploader seems ideal for the typical Nigerian. Do you use it with a generator if i may ask?
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by afrobaby(f): 11:05pm On Jul 31, 2012
Yes, I use it with geberatir. At first I was using it wit the small gen (I pass my neighbour), I use it with the big gen now(2.2KVA), power consumption is very low except when Ʊ are spinning the clothes
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by luvme2(f): 9:30am On Aug 01, 2012
Pls how much is it sold for?
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by afrobaby(f): 10:13am On Aug 01, 2012
I bought mine , almost 2 years ago at LG showroom, Bode Thomas, surulere, it' 5Kg and cost like #30,800.
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 01, 2012
I've been using the Thermocool equivalent of that machine for years now!

Initially I found it tiresome to transfer and spin so I no longer bother with the spinning. Draining will get most of the water out anyways.

I wash; drain; rinse and then drain again - A little squeezing and it's ready for drying!

Of course with time I may consider getting a more specialized washer but this one sereves me just fine!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by sd6: 6:48pm On Aug 01, 2012
Its about 33k here in Uyo
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by sd6: 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2012
Ujujoan: I've been using the Thermocool equivalent of that machine for years now!

Initially I found it tiresome to transfer and spin so I no longer bother with the spinning. Draining will get most of the water out anyways.

I wash; drain; rinse and then drain again - A little squeezing and it's ready for drying!

Of course with time I may consider getting a more specialized washer but this one sereves me just fine!

How do you dry then since you dont use the spinner?
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by wizb: 12:33pm On Aug 02, 2012
I use this same machine at home and it very effective. I wash whites for 20mins, drain, rinse and then wash for another 15minutes. As for coloreds I wash for 20-30minutes. You can connect it to your water supply or use a bucket. It can work with a small generator too. I use it on a 3.5KV inverter.

As for the difficulty in spinning, I put the clothes in the spinner then use the plastic cover to press it down. The machine spins very well. You can even iron after spinning and wear. I even use it to wash my bathroom footmat.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by mogbomoya: 3:17pm On Aug 02, 2012
I have learnt a lot. Please can you use any detergent with it?
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by wizb: 3:38pm On Aug 02, 2012
mogbomoya: I have learnt a lot. Please can you use any detergent with it?

Yes you can. I have used omo, sunlight, zip and ariel but I prefer ariel.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by deols(f): 8:56pm On Aug 02, 2012
it is good. I av no problem using it
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by demmykay: 10:20pm On Aug 02, 2012
I bought d 7kg in LG showroom in abuja at 40800, and it has been working effectively well. Like earlier mentioned u can use any detergent but i use ariel and atimes drop a tablet of canoe soap into it. It spins perfectly well.
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by lukkie(m): 10:50pm On Aug 02, 2012
I've used this type of machine for around 4 years and i can guarantee that it works very well. The clothes are even cleaner than i expect. It's very good for Nigerian environment cos of power and water supply challenges, unlike regular machines that require a constant water supply and have long wash & spin cycles. Just ensure to follow the instructions in the manual - very important for best results. It's also very strong - honestly i thought it won't last, being an LG. Samsung also has a similar model but with transparent top, which is equally good. My sister has a regular machine but had to buy this type recently cos of the long wash cycle problem.
Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by sd6: 8:46pm On Aug 03, 2012
You guys are great, am taking delivery of the washer tomorrow. My wife has already heaped the dirty clothes. I paid 33k for it. Hope I have the same experience(worked well) you all had.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by semid4lyfe(m): 9:09pm On Aug 03, 2012
sd-6:
You guys are great, am taking delivery of the washer tomorrow. My wife has already heaped the dirty clothes. I paid 33k for it. Hope I have the same experience(worked well) you all had.

How many Kg is the one you bought/ordered?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife by lukkie(m): 9:19pm On Aug 03, 2012
sd-6:

Nice one. Remember to buy washing powder too. Persil Colour is very good.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Married Woman Elopes To Her Ex, Jilted Husband Fights To Have Her / How To Become Emotionally Strong / "My Wife Is Very Dirty, Everywhere In The House Smells" – Man Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.