Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,911 members, 7,835,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (387545 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Schwarzenegger: 11:08pm On May 28, 2015
Ikenna please the screen is the same.
Thanks...
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:11am On May 30, 2015
Ikenna351 please add me back to the whatsapp group, I finally got a new phone.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:15am On May 30, 2015
Schwarzenegger:
Ikenna please the screen is the same.
Thanks...

Switch on the ignition or start the car, press and hold the first button on the left (steering) side of the MFD. After about 2 seconds, the MFD will display the current language blinking. Release the left button, press the 2nd button on the right side of MFD and the language will change. Keep pressing as the language changes till you get to the language you want (English, probably). Stop pressing when you reach the language. Leave the two buttons , wait for few seconds and it will save it and turn the screen back to where it was before the setting or configuration started.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by jacksonizzi: 12:02pm On May 30, 2015
Pls help, my 406 shows a key sign and will not start, some time if I leave it for some time, it will start. It keeps embarassing me on the road. Secondly the engine keeps raising on its own.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Schwarzenegger: 6:51pm On Jun 14, 2015
Ikenna, please enlighten me more on peugeot 406 Wagon with EW12 Engine. Please more light on ew12 engine. The cons and pros. Thanks CHIDI....
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by irayanshak: 11:27am On Jun 17, 2015
Good day house, am using a 2005 peug307 and am having Problem with my automatic transmission(its an auto-manual transmission). At the start it ll move fine but after about a minute or two on the highway, I ll hear a sudden jerk, the D on the dashboard ll change to S and a *. The MFD ll display "boite devitesse moteur defaillante" which translate gearbox failling. When this happens I noticed that the speed of the car increases, but after decelarating and trying to accelarate again, it ll be sluggish and reluctant to pickup till after sometime then it ll finally pick. Its quiet frustrating because sometimes in traffic when U need to go fast after the green light is shown, it ll be moving slowly to my anoyance. Sometimes am even forced to off and restart the car again, very annoying and embarassing at the same time. When this happens going uphill ll be difficult for the car too. I need advice and possible solutions please, thanks.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by irayanshak: 6:49am On Jun 22, 2015
irayanshak:
Good day house, am using a 2005 peug307 and am having Problem with my automatic transmission(its an auto-manual transmission). At the start it ll move fine but after about a minute or two on the highway, I ll hear a sudden jerk, the D on the dashboard ll change to S and a *. The MFD ll display "boite devitesse moteur defaillante" which translate gearbox failling. When this happens I noticed that the speed of the car increases, but after decelarating and trying to accelarate again, it ll be sluggish and reluctant to pickup till after sometime then it ll finally pick. Its quiet frustrating because sometimes in traffic when U need to go fast after the green light is shown, it ll be moving slowly to my anoyance. Sometimes am even forced to off and restart the car again, very annoying and embarassing at the same time. When this happens going uphill ll be difficult for the car too. I need advice and possible solutions please, thanks.
Pls. The gurus in the house should come to my aid wooh! Am still waiting woooh.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by king406(m): 11:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
How many horsepowers does it take to run the AC on a very hot day? I noticed this ridiculous power loss when using my AC on a very hot day. But when the weather is not hot i dont notice any power loss, its even better when i dont use the AC because the car moves very freely but i cant stand the sound of the wind so im always using the AC. I would like to know if there is any possible solution to this please. 2007 peugeot 207 1.6ltrs sport
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 25, 2015
I'll like to join the group to ask a couple of questions about the 307. I don't know much about new generation of Peugeot cars and I don't want to be caught unawares.. There's a 307 parked across my street. It looks OK body wise and when I enquired about the price I was told 350k. That made me pull back cos I believe such a car even at naija used such cost a bit more.. . Kindly educate me.. . Is it a good buy or?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gabng(m): 10:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
salihumaibeni:
@ Ikenna351 pls advice me on 407 HDI 16 2006 model, Wht the basic problems of these diesel engine here in nija got one wanna pay for soon.

I am also interested in getting a 407 diesel soon from europe ( they are dirt cheap there). imagine doing lagos to lagos to kaduna on a full thank of diesel (the data I am seeing online suggest it can do even more)

how much where you offered the vehicle in abuja?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by anthonyacey: 10:05am On Jun 30, 2015
Please I intend to buy a peugeot 307cc,i would like advice to know if it's any good (I am a student at the university) or look for other brands? Thank you
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by anthonyacey: 10:25am On Jun 30, 2015
anthonyacey:
Please I intend to buy a peugeot 307cc,i would like advice to know if it's any good (I am a student at the university) or look for other brands? Thank you
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:20pm On Jun 30, 2015
anthonyacey:

307cc, a nice looking Peugeot. The petrol engines are mostly EWs. Go for it.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
gabng:

I am also interested in getting a 407 diesel soon from europe ( they are dirt cheap there). imagine doing lagos to lagos to kaduna on a full thank of diesel (the data I am seeing online suggest it can do even more)

how much where you offered the vehicle in abuja?

I have driven one, I mean the particular one you quoted. A turbocharged 2.0 HDI. It was fantastic! The AM6 box attached made it fun to drive.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gabng(m): 8:01pm On Jun 30, 2015
Ikenna351:

I have one, I mean the particular one you quoted. A turbocharged 2.0 HDI. It was fantastic! The AM6 box attached made it fun to drive.

Ikenna

Thanks. can you explain more on the AM6 box
And what to lookout for in the 407 HDI.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Tekus: 11:15pm On Jul 02, 2015
Hello house, I hv a Peugeot 406 1998 model.whenever Im in motion driving the car goes off by itself especially when I press the brake.please what can be done to rectify it

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 5:01am On Jul 03, 2015
Tekus:
Hello house, I hv a Peugeot 406 1998 model.whenever Im in motion driving the car goes off by itself especially when I press the brake.please what can be done to rectify it

Explain more please, what do you mean bye goes off, is that the power off or brake and quench?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Tekus: 8:18am On Jul 03, 2015
melya:

Explain more please, what do you mean bye goes off, is that the power off or brake and quench?

The power goes off, you can be on gear5 the engine can just go off...you wld have to turn on the ignition to start it again, very dangerous and risky

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:15am On Jul 03, 2015
gabng:

Thanks. can you explain more on the AM6 box
And what to lookout for in the 407 HDI.

AM6 is a 6-speed auto transmission with Porshe tiptronic. It was produced by Aisin, a Japanese company. One of the best auto transmission ever mounted in Peugeot auto cars.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:18am On Jul 03, 2015
Tekus:

If what you have in engine bay is XU engine, I would suggest you bring out the Stepper motor, clean with carb cleaner, lubricate the valve inside, remount it and reinitialise the ECU with it.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gabng(m): 11:32am On Jul 03, 2015
Ikenna351:

AM6 is a 6-speed auto transmission with Porshe tiptronic. It was produced by Aisin, a Japanese company. One of the best auto transmission ever mounted in Peugeot auto cars.

Ikenna

How does one solve the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) problems on the HDI's? It has been advised to go for tge X-Line trim since there do not have the DPF installed.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 3:44pm On Jul 06, 2015
gabng:

How does one solve the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) problems on the HDI's? It has been advised to go for tge X-Line trim since there do not have the DPF installed.

Whichever your heart feels comfortable with, go for it.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 3:46pm On Jul 06, 2015
Something to be happy and grateful for.

Ikenna

3 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Schwarzenegger: 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ikenna please which engine oil is recommended for EW12 engine. Thanks..
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:15pm On Jul 13, 2015
Schwarzenegger:
Ikenna please which engine oil is recommended for EW12 engine.
Thanks..

Total Quartz 9000, 5w40, fully synthetic oil. Or Total Quartz 7000, 15w50, semi synthetic / synthetic based oil.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
adeniyisavage:
I'll like to join the group to ask a couple of questions about the 307.

If you are interested in joining the Lion Community, contact off this forum or send me WhatsApp message and I will take it from there.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by laprem90: 4:22pm On Jul 18, 2015
Good day ikenna, I must really commend your efforts here. I have a Peugeot 407 in my possession. It gives A PRND caution warning along with ABS and EPS warnings. I got someone to do a diagnostic scan and he said I prolly need to change the ATF. Kindly advice on what to do. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:10am On Jul 19, 2015
laprem90:
Good day ikenna, I must really commend your efforts here. I have a Peugeot 407 in my possession. It gives A PRND caution warning along with ABS and EPS warnings. I got someone to do a diagnostic scan and he said I prolly need to change the ATF. Kindly advice on what to do. Thanks in anticipation.

I would prefer to see the scan result , rather than what they said.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by filcast(m): 3:03pm On Jul 19, 2015
Hello house,who has an idea of the cost of the front Shock absorber set for Peugeot 306.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by chyka2011: 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2015
Hello Ikenna, what may be the cause of vibration whenever I am driving off in gear 1. The car is 2008 peugeot 307.

How many engine mount does the car have (307)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.