Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (385075 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Donaldomo(m): 11:18pm On Jan 07
fabulousmann:
Hi please my 206 has entered eco mod and won’t start please help

Check your battery, if possible remove it for charging. Eco mode or economy mode appears to regulate power usage and preserve your battery. Your battery must have been overused recently.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by temizeee(m): 8:51am On Jan 08
Anyone with a good low budget Peugeot 206 car for sale in the house??
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Requestmechanic: 1:35pm On Jan 08
fabulousmann:
Hi please my 206 has entered eco mod and won’t start please help
If you're in Lagos contact roadside assistant by going to www.requestmechanic.com click the red circle "click on Request Now" button to get immediate assistance . Also enter your email to join the waitlist bar and click on join the the Wait list.

I understand how frustrating it can be when your car won't start, especially when it enters "eco mode". Here are some things that could be causing the issue with your 206 Peugeot and possible solutions:

Potential causes:

Low battery: Eco mode can activate as a warning for a weak battery. Check the battery voltage with a voltmeter. If it's below 12.4 volts, it might need a jump start or replacement.
Faulty alternator: The alternator charges the battery. If it's malfunctioning, the battery won't get enough power, triggering eco mode. Check the alternator output.
Electrical fault: A parasitic drain, where something is slowly draining power even when the car is off, can also trigger eco mode. Disconnect the battery and check for a drop in voltage over time.
BSI (Body Service Interface) issue: The BSI controls various electrical functions in the car, including eco mode. A malfunction can cause it to stay activated. Resetting the BSI (with proper instructions) might help.
Sensor problems: Faulty sensors related to battery voltage, coolant temperature, or other factors can confuse the system and activate eco mode unnecessarily. Diagnosing and replacing any faulty sensors may be needed.
Things you can try:

Jump start the car: If the battery is low, try jump starting it. However, if this becomes a frequent occurrence, consider replacing the battery.
Check fuses: Frayed or blown fuses related to eco mode or essential starting components can cause issues. Check the relevant fuses in the fuse box and replace any faulty ones.
Consult the owner's manual: The manual might have specific troubleshooting steps for eco mode issues related to your 206 model.
Seek professional help: If you're not comfortable troubleshooting yourself, or if the above suggestions don't work, it's best to take your car to a qualified mechanic. They have the diagnostic tools and expertise to pinpoint the exact problem and fix it.
Additional tips:

Avoid leaving electrical accessories like lights or radio on for extended periods when the engine is off, as this can drain the battery.
Regularly maintain your car, including battery checks and alternator testing, to prevent future eco mode issues.
I hope this information helps you get your 206 Peugeot out of eco mode and back on the road! Remember, safety first. If you're unsure about any repair procedures, consult a professional mechanic

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Pravedk: 11:03am On Jan 12
Please What is the best engine oil for Peugeot 406 EW10 ?

Preferably the synthetic one
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gambus007(m): 4:52pm On Jan 12
Pravedk:
Please What is the best engine oil for Peugeot 406 EW10 ?

Preferably the synthetic one
Mobil super 3000 5w-40
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Pravedk: 12:43pm On Jan 13
gambus007:

Mobil super 3000 5w-40
Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nengakerry: 11:02pm On Jan 15
Good day House!
My new 406, 2004 seem to consume a lot of fuel compared to the ones I've earlier used.
I was told to change nozzles n O2 censors which I did. No much improvement
Now am being advised to change the catalytic converter which can cause a fortune I was told

Please any further advice?? I'll appreciate
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gambus007(m): 6:04am On Jan 16
Nengakerry:
Good day House!
My new 406, 2004 seem to consume a lot of fuel compared to the ones I've earlier used.
I was told to change nozzles n O2 censors which I did. No much improvement
Now am being advised to change the catalytic converter which can cause a fortune I was told

Please any further advice?? I'll appreciate
Did you scan the car before changing parts? Catalytic converter has nothing to do with poor fuel efficiency of old peugeot cars which i know of. other factors can contribute to high fuel consumption like age of the engine, missing of thermostat , bad spark plugs, dirty air-filter etc

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by aumusa: 4:08pm On Jan 24
Hi lion 🦁 lovers,

please I will like to ask about the 508 2013model, how reliable is it and can it withstand long distance travel every now and then.

Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by ayoolar011(m): 10:04pm On Mar 28
My 206 revvs on its own and I have tried several mechanic none can diagnose the problem
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by temizeee(m): 9:15pm On Mar 29
I need a low budget Peugeot 206 abeg
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:03pm On Apr 03
404, 504 & 505 GROUP - NIGERIA

On 02/04/2024, I created a Peugeot 404, 504 & 505 WhatsApp group (a branch of The Lion Community) for users of Vintage/Classic Peugeot cars in Nigeria, to join and discuss on them, learn on how to enjoy theirs, where to source parts, etc. Only users of these vintage Lions or those interested are allowed to join the group.

To join, chat me on WhatsApp +2348095721703.

Ikenna Udeagwu.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.