Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (385675 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
oladele007: oga ikenna, pls my 406 1996 model (petrol) is killing my battery, the 12 volts is dropping when i raise the car engine and when drive it for longtime the battery became hot and water comes out of it. i can not drive it in the night cos of the full light, when i drive it and put on the headlight for even 10 mins and i off the engine, the car engine will not start again or lease i start it with another battery. what is the cause and the solution? thanks

It appears the Alternator is overcharging the battery.

Did you do any work recently on the Alternator or the charging system ?

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:04pm On Oct 04, 2013
oladele007: oga ikenna, pls my 406 1996 model (petrol) is killing my battery, the 12 volts is dropping when i raise the car engine and when drive it for longtime the battery became hot and water comes out of it. i can not drive it in the night cos of the full light, when i drive it and put on the headlight for even 10 mins and i off the engine, the car engine will not start again or lease i start it with another battery. what is the cause and the solution? thanks

I forgot to ask, did you replace or removed & re-install the engine auxiliary belt (belt that drives Alternator pulley and the rest)? Are you sure it was not properly re-installed and driving the Alternator in the wrong direction?

What's your engine model? Since it's D8, it will be XU engine, unless it's not petrol engine.

Look for a D8 or D9 with identical engine and check how the belt drives the engine (take pics to compare).

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by oladele007: 6:11pm On Oct 04, 2013
i have changed the alternator twice on the fault. i bought the same alternator still the same fault. i measure the volts is 12v when i start the car engine but when i raise the car engine the voltages drop gradually to 7 or less. thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:25pm On Oct 04, 2013
oladele007: i have changed the alternator twice on the fault. i bought the same alternator still the same fault. i measure the volts is 12v when i start the car engine but when i raise the car engine the voltages drop gradually to 7 or less. thanks

Either someone has messed up the connection to the Alternator or the auxiliary belt is driving it in the wrong direction.

A good Alternator should give 14.5 volts to the battery when engine is running. When added a load on the engine (like switching on AC), the voltage should drop to 13.7 volts or so, but will never drop below 13 volts.

In your case, the reverse is the case. Again, start by checking if the auxiliary was connected on the Alternator pulley, in the right direction.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by davonny: 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2013
Mr ik. I do feel some vibration on my car when I move from rest as I'm removinng my foot from d clutch. I notice d same thing when I change from gear 1 to 2. My is 406, 2002 model. This is making me not to enjoy driving d car. Pls what is happening
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by oladele007: 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2013
thanks Oga Ikenna i will try all what u said, the car in particular is not here with me, is in najia. what happened is that water pass through the air filter and knocked out the engine and the alternator when i pass through flood water in Ajah, so i changed the engine and the alternator in Ladipo in oshodi. the guys that work on the car in ladipo are the cause of the problem. i used the car more than 5 year in france with out any problems. pls advise the people that buy tokunbo cars that they should check the air filter tube maybe is up behind radiator or down behind the tire. if is down behind the tire water can easily pass through it into the engine and knock it out.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bigx(m): 1:39pm On Oct 05, 2013
oladele007: thanks Oga Ikenna i will try all what u said, the car in particular is not here with me, is in najia. what happened is that water pass through the air filter and knocked out the engine and the alternator when i pass through flood water in Ajah, so i changed the engine and the alternator in Ladipo in oshodi. the guys that work on the car in ladipo are the cause of the problem. i used the car more than 5 year in france with out any problems. pls advise the people that buy tokunbo cars that they should check the air filter tube maybe is up behind radiator or down behind the tire. if is down behind the tire water can easily pass through it into the engine and knock it out.

Ive had almost this exact issue with my 307 back in Naija.
That's part of what made me discover this thread even
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by spikesC(m): 1:44pm On Oct 05, 2013
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2013
davonny: Mr ik. I do feel some vibration on my car when I move from rest as I'm removinng my foot from d clutch. I notice d same thing when I change from gear 1 to 2. My is 406, 2002 model. This is making me not to enjoy driving d car. Pls what is happening

Your clutch pressure plate is failing (aka clutch disc in Nigeria ). It could affect your flywheel if you keep driving her in that state.

You didn't state the engine model, to know if its DMF or not. Anyway, you know what to do to fix her up.

*Note that the correct name is Clutch pressure plate. Not Clutch disc that Nigerians call it. Clutch disc is Clutch plate.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by davonny: 8:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
@IK
my engine is EW10. Pls like how much will it cost my to change d clutch prrssure plate. I'm in lagos
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:58am On Oct 07, 2013
davonny: @IK
my engine is EW10. Pls like how much will it cost my to change d clutch prrssure plate. I'm in lagos

Unfortunately, a genuine new pressure plate is not sold separately, it comes in a pack as a kit: pressure plate, disc and throw-out bearing. So, the genuine new clutch kit for EW10 engine cost 25k, here in Abuja.

Good morning.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 07, 2013
Hi ikenna, my name is tunde and i am new to this forum. I would like to buy PP2000 on ebay from UK but not sure of the actual one to buy for my peugeot 407. Is it Diagnostic Interface V47 Diagbox V7.04 or Diagnostic Interface V48? There are also some with 30pins and some with 16 pins. Please advise
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2013
telexinfotech: Hi ikenna, my name is tunde and i am new to this forum. I would like to buy PP2000 on ebay from UK but not sure of the actual one to buy for my peugeot 407. Is it Diagnostic Interface V47 Diagbox V7.04 or Diagnostic Interface V48? There are also some with 30pins and some with 16 pins. Please advise

You have a mail.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:22pm On Oct 07, 2013
The New Peugeot RCZ R

A 1.6-litre 4 cylinder turbocharged petrol engine. Guess what? Develops maximum of 270 bhp. shocked Peugeot claims it can return 44.1 mpg. cool

From the look of things, the expected phase II 508 petrol version would likely get this engine, when the time comes or when it's rolled out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrxj-4TfP38

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
jcshols: Hello Ikenna,kindly help check ds VIN asap pls
2HJ938LK53V425D66

1GV8761LK6544H654

1WK309HG667JH3342

2H938GF89383K8733

Apologies for posting it here,u cld email it to me "jcshollie@yahoo.com". Appreciate it.

Temi.

Sorry, not allowed. The house is specifically for PSA cars discussion.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by jcshols: 8:32pm On Oct 07, 2013
So could u gimme ur email ad so that I send it there?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
jcshols: So could u gimme ur email ad so that I send it there?

I don't do non Peugeot VIN check. Start a thread on it.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by eamodu(m): 7:03am On Oct 08, 2013
Good mornin house.oga ikenna,i just got a call from a cconfused friiend whose 406 has a broken bottom plate n thererfore licks out engine oil.he was advised 2 change d engine completely.but i believe great mind like urs,can give out clear ways 2 handle dis problem if any other dan buyin a new engine.thanks n God bless u sir.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by spikesC(m): 7:20am On Oct 08, 2013
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:46am On Oct 08, 2013
eamodu: Good mornin house.oga ikenna,i just got a call from a cconfused friiend whose 406 has a broken bottom plate n thererfore licks out engine oil.he was advised 2 change d engine completely.but i believe great mind like urs,can give out clear ways 2 handle dis problem if any other dan buyin a new engine.thanks n God bless u sir.

Good morning.

Your friend need to tell you exactly what the problem is. An oil leakage from an Oil Pan can easily be fixed by replacing only the Oil pan, without bringing down the engine. Even a quack mechanic knows this. So am surprised that his mechanic has suggested replacement of an engine for such a minor issue that won't take more than an hour to fix.

But if truly the only issue with the car is oil pan leakage, then the mechanic must be a first degree clown.

An oil pan can easily be removed and another re-mounted neatly with the engine still mounted, from under the car. It can easily be done on a V6 , not to talk of an I4.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:49am On Oct 08, 2013
spikes C: Oga ikenna, i need ur opinion abeg

https://www.nairaland.com/1466453/peugeot-406-spark-plug-issue

Re-post the query here, because am not treating Peugeot issues outside this thread anymore.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by spikesC(m): 7:51am On Oct 08, 2013
Ikenna351:

Re-post the query here, because am not treating Peugeot issues outside this thread anymore.

Ikenna.

Hello all. I'm having a very big issue with my car.
I've been having problems with my spark plugs.

The symptoms: The car jerks and doesn't accelerate fast. Sometimes it acts like the fuel inside contains dirt/water.
Secondly, the engine check light would also come out.

I change spark plugs subsequently because of this issue.
I even went to the extent of getting spark plugs from Germany. But in less than 1 month, the problem have resumed again.
I don't really know what else to do. Pls, i need suggestions.

Thanks all
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:17am On Oct 08, 2013
spikes C:

Hello all. I'm having a very big issue with my car.
I've been having problems with my spark plugs.

The symptoms: The car jerks and doesn't accelerate fast. Sometimes it acts like the fuel inside contains dirt/water.
Secondly, the engine check light would also come out.

I change spark plugs subsequently because of this issue.
I even went to the extent of getting spark plugs from Germany. But in less than 1 month, the problem have resumed again.
I don't really know what else to do. Pls, i need suggestions.

Thanks all

What made you think the culprit was the spark plugs? Were the spark plugs you bought your engine specification?

The first thing you should have done when the symptoms first started was to scan the car and take it from there, because a lot of failing/failed injection components can give such symptoms.

So, scan the car first and post the faults/error codes. By the way, what's your engine model?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by spikesC(m): 8:23am On Oct 08, 2013
Ikenna351:

What made you think the culprit was the spark plugs? Were the spark plugs you bought your engine specification?

The first thing you should have done when the symptoms first started was to scan the car and take it from there, because a lot of failing/failed injection components can give such symptoms.

So, scan the car first and post the faults/error codes. By the way, what's your engine model?

Ikenna

ok, i'll go and scan it today or tomorrow and give u feedback.

Engine is XU10.

Thanks a lot
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by eamodu(m): 11:42am On Oct 08, 2013
Ikenna351:

Good morning.

Your friend need to tell you exactly what the problem is. An oil leakage from an Oil Pan can easily be fixed by replacing only the Oil pan, without bringing down the engine. Even a quack mechanic knows this. So am surprised that his mechanic has suggested replacement of an engine for such a minor issue that won't take more than an hour to fix.

But if truly the only issue with the car is oil pan leakage, then the mechanic must be a first degree clown.

An oil pan can easily be removed and another re-mounted neatly with the engine still mounted, from under the car. It can easily be done on a V6 , not to talk of an I4.

Ikenna.
Thank u oga me 4 ur reply.but b4 i put words across to ma friend,i wil want to knw if wat u refer to as oil pan is same to wat he refered to has bottom plant dt is actually leaking.thanks u sir
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
eamodu:
Thank u oga me 4 ur reply.but b4 i put words across to ma friend,i wil want to knw if wat u refer to as oil pan is same to wat he refered to has bottom plant dt is actually leaking.thanks u sir

Yes, the correct name is Oil pan, not bottom plate. Another name for it is engine sump.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 10, 2013
hello Ikenna, i am driving a peugeot 407 and would like to know the recommended automatic transmission oil to use to service the auto gear. thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2013
telexinfotech: hello Ikenna, i am driving a peugeot 407 and would like to know the recommended automatic transmission oil to use to service the auto gear. thanks

Unfortunately, I have no idea.

But first, you need to know which transmission is it. AL4 or 4HP20? Knowing which of the two will determine the right ATF. I poster a link recently on AL4 ATF.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 11, 2013
It is AL4 transmission. Which should i buy? thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:58am On Oct 11, 2013
telexinfotech: It is AL4 transmission. Which should i buy? thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/1003701/peugeot-thread-psa-community/34

or

ESSO PR 9736.22.

Ikenna.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.