Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (385565 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by elbashyr(m): 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2014
oladele007: i do understand very well thats why i dont want to sell or give out my 406 with the blue color, i can go anyway in naija without police disturbing me, respect is what am getting from them, congratulation.
Thanx bro!!! We no top the list but we remain unique.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by elbashyr(m): 8:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
fidinwala:
congrat please I intend buying a Peugeot 307 hatch back 2001, do you have an idea what the cost is ?
thanks.
I reffer u to frenchbase the king of lion,unique supplier!!!!

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:48pm On Jul 08, 2014
oladele007: thanks Oga ikenna, so what do u suggest i should do now? and can u get the original number of the ECU for me? here is the chassis number of the car VF38BLFY880006694 Maybe i should replace it with the original one, am in france now so that i can buy it here.

Will look up for the injection ECU part number tomorrow morning. But would likely find Peugeot part number instead, not the ECU brand part number. Will see how it goes.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:50pm On Jul 08, 2014
elbashyr: I will like to inform this highly intelligent forum that i have lunched a lion,
all thanks goes to IKENNA351 for making me see the best in Peugeot......
i had 307 before this,now am on the most respected car in the eyes of Nigerian police.
lol..... u might not understand what am saying if you are not used to driving on the high ways.

Congrats!

That's a clean Lion you got there.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by elbashyr(m): 9:17pm On Jul 08, 2014
Ikenna351:

Congrats!

That's a clean Lion you got there.

Ikenna
Oga thanks, its a result of ur motivational lecture on top of parsonal love of the lion.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by itsmreldorado(m): 7:07am On Jul 09, 2014
@Ikenna thanks for the info I find them very useful. I want to go for a Peugeot 407 2006 saloon but I don't have any knowledge about it. I will need some education in this regards
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:42am On Jul 09, 2014
itsmreldorado: @Ikenna thanks for the info I find them very useful. I want to go for a Peugeot 407 2006 saloon but I don't have any knowledge about it. I will need some education in this regards

407 is as good as its predecessor, 406. But just like 406, it has its peculiar issues.

1. 407 has 2 ball joints on each front wheels, unlike the 406 that has the conventional one ball joint on each wheel. 407 has upper and lower ball joints. Unfortunately, the lower joints seem to fail, unlike the 406 one that is indestructible. So, you need to look out for signs of failure and replace them once they come. The signs would be pronounced. So don't panic. They don't give up like the Honda Accord. Otherwise, you would have been seeing them pulling off on the roads like the Honda Accords do on daily basis on our roads. Fortunately, the upper ball joints of 407 remain intact, even as the lower ones fail. The lower joints carry most of the load, not the upper one. Some claimed they fail as a result of the design of the wheel hub. Fortunately, the error was corrected in face lifted 407 (series 2), 2008 - 2010 models.

2. The nose. Be careful were you steer the nose (front end) into. Otherwise, you end up replacing your bumper or repairing it every now and then

Aside these 2 above, that is, if you can live with the above headaches, then you will find it an interesting Lion to own.

Ikenna

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by frenchbase(m): 8:53am On Jul 09, 2014
elbashyr: I will like to inform this highly intelligent forum that i have lunched a lion,
all thanks goes to IKENNA351 for making me see the best in Peugeot......
i had 307 before this,now am on the most respected car in the eyes of Nigerian police.
lol..... u might not understand what am saying if you are not used to driving on the high ways.

congrats bro. drive safe, and make sure she remains in a good shape grin

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by itsmreldorado(m): 11:42am On Jul 09, 2014
@Ikenna. Thanks a lot for the info I find it wow, is 307 and 407 same apart from their sizes?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:12pm On Jul 09, 2014
itsmreldorado: @Ikenna. Thanks a lot for the info I find it wow, is 307 and 407 same apart from their sizes?

307 & 407 are complete different Lions. 307 gadgets are no way close to gadgets in 407, depending on the spec, year model or badge.

Notwithstanding, both cars have CAN-bus, especially the late 307. Both cars use electric PAS Pump (power assisted steering), especially the facelifted models of both cars, not the mechanical PAS pump on older Lions. Though, the 407 V6 have the conventional mechanical PAS pump (not sure of series 2). All 407 V6 have Variable Power steering (Speed sensitive steering), while some 307, irrespective of engine, have the variable Power steering.

All 407 V6 have variable shock absorbers (speed sensitive), while 307 have none.

407 is a mid or full size family car. while 307 is small-sized family car (more like a city car or compact one). So you don't expect both to have the same features. And most importantly, you don't expect to derive the same comfort in both.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by elbashyr(m): 12:41pm On Jul 09, 2014
thanks sir,
frenchbase:

congrats bro. drive safe, and make sure she remains in a good shape grin
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by itsmreldorado(m): 3:52pm On Jul 09, 2014
@Ikenna. Thanks again, if I may ask you which of them(307/407) will be cheaper to maintain.
Godbless
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2014
itsmreldorado: @Ikenna. Thanks again, if I may ask you which of them(307/407) will be cheaper to maintain.
Godbless

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nwunuken(m): 8:36pm On Jul 12, 2014
iam have a problem with my peugeot 406 D8 1998 XU10 engine.whenever i i switch off the ignition key, the car will backfire shocking engine for some second before it will stop.pls i need help becouse i had been to two different peu eletricial they could not detail the fault.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
Nwunuken: iam have a problem with my peugeot 406 D8 1998 XU10 engine.whenever i i switch off the ignition key, the car will backfire shocking engine for some second before it will stop.pls i need help becouse i had been to two different peu eletricial they could not detail the fault.

How high is your rpm at idle?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nwunuken(m): 10:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ikenna351:

How high is your rpm at idle?

Ikenna
At idle, RPM stand at 10
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
Nwunuken: At idle, RPM stand at 10

1000 rpm at engine optimal temperature is too high, but not high enough to cause the symptom you are experiencing. But if the rpm at 90 degree Celsius coolant temp is 1k, then I would suggest you readjust the throttle stop on the throttle body to reduce the rpm. At engine optimal temp, the rpm should fluctuate between 600 -700.

Does the check engine light remain on when engine starts running?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nwunuken(m): 6:48am On Jul 13, 2014
Ikenna351:

1000 rpm at engine optimal temperature is too high, but not high enough to cause the symptom you are experiencing. But if the rpm at 90 degree Celsius coolant temp is 1k, then I would suggest you readjust the throttle stop on the throttle body to reduce the rpm. At engine optimal temp, the rpm should fluctuate between 600 -700.

Does the check engine light remain on when engine starts running?

Ikenna
yes the check engine light is alway on if the engine is running.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
Nwunuken: yes the check engine light is alway on if the engine is running.

Then I would suggest you scan the car.

Is the Lion in Abuja?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by filcast(m): 12:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
filcast: thanks a lot ikenna.
hello ikenna what battery brand and capacity would you reccommend fot this car?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nwunuken(m): 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2014
Ikenna351:

Then I would suggest you scan the car.

Is the Lion in Abuja?

Ikenna
thank God i took d car for scanning d electricial scan car and diagnosis d problem fixed it with 30 minute.i base in kastina thanks for ur advice oga Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nwunuken(m): 2:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
can all d educated pages on nairaland peugeot section be restored back after the sit was hack and corrected?i realy miss some information written by ikenna and other.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by oladele007: 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2014
Ikenna351:

Will look up for the injection ECU part number tomorrow morning. But would likely find Peugeot part number instead, not the ECU brand part number. Will see how it goes.

Ikenna
thanks Oga Ikenna, will be expecting the part number.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
filcast: hello ikenna what battery brand and capacity would you reccommend fot this car?

Which car?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
Nwunuken: thank God i took d car for scanning d electricial scan car and diagnosis d problem fixed it with 30 minute.i base in kastina thanks for ur advice oga Ikenna.

Congrats!

Meanwhile, there is something important I need to discuss with you since you stay in Kastina. Will contact you offline for that.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by filcast(m): 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
[quote author=Ikenna351]

Which car?
VF37BRFVP32337111 DETAILS:

1. Warranty start date: 25/03/1998

2. Vehicle family: 306 (Restyling).

3. Silhouette: 4 Door Saloon.

4. Engine type: XU.

5. Engine: XU10 J4R.

6. Transmission: 4-speed Auto gearbox, BVA 4HP14.

7. Badge: XT.

8. Driving Position: LHD.

9. Steering: Unvariable Power steering.

10. Fuel: Lead Free Petrol.

11. Fuel Supply Cut-off: With.

12. Fan: 2 Fans, 2 rates.

13. Wheel type: Alloy Wheels.

14. Tyre (size, type): 185/65 R14 H tyres.

15. ABS: With.

16. Suspension: Normal Suspension.

17. Wiper Arm: Front blade with deflector.

18. Sun roof: Fixed roof.

19. Speed Graduations: km/h.

20. Radio Controls: Remote Radio Control.

21. Front Seats Control: Manual Control.

22. Compact disc (rear): Without.

23. Front Windows Lift: Electric control.

24. Rear windows lift: Manual control.

25. Steering wheel: Leather Steer Wheel 4 branches.

Etc.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nwunuken(m): 4:30am On Jul 14, 2014
Ikenna351:

Congrats!

Meanwhile, there is something important I need to discuss with you since you stay in Kastina. Will contact you offline for that.

Ikenna
can i have ur contact?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:20am On Jul 14, 2014
@ filcast

62 - 70 Ah battery will be ok.

Try Everstart battery. That's what I use and its good, so far.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:22am On Jul 14, 2014
Nwunuken: can i have ur contact?

08052811236. ikenna351@gmail.com

You have mail, though.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by filcast(m): 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ikenna351: @ filcast

62 - 70 Ah battery will be ok.

Try Everstart battery. That's what I use and its good, so far.

Ikenna
thanks. the battery seater is sized for 65AH. Can I alter that.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:40pm On Jul 14, 2014
filcast: thanks. the battery seater is sized for 65AH. Can I alter that.

I think 62 Ah is ok for your car. No need altering the battery housing/box.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by filcast(m): 9:39pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ikenna351:

I think 62 Ah is ok for your car. No need altering the battery housing/box.

Ikenna
gratias

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.