Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,218 members, 7,825,818 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" - Literature (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (490488 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Shugamania(f): 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2013
Lol @ barbara cartland..i've never heard the name. The one i was trying to remember is barbara bradford it's sequel to 'a woman of substance'

Mynd_44:
I will give you Clive Baker "Imajica" or "Atlanti found".

Mail me your house adress na. And give me a time you will be alonecheesycheesycheesycheesy

To be honest, i've never heard d name. That title sounds like something from 'the cannibals of fiji'. cheesy

My house address na small thing nah..gimme a better offer.
firestar: Bonjour a toutes.

Food for thought:

A former murderer becomes repentant. His victims were your family members....

I ask myself: Can I truly...truly...truly forgive such a person?

hmmm...difficult situation. Forgiveness is not as easy as pple think.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Brisingr(m): 1:57pm On Jan 27, 2013
seems to me the good folks of this thread still buy paperbacks ?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LarrySun(m): 2:18pm On Jan 27, 2013
Shugamania:

awwww... I envy u.
No wonder u write so well. The only thing i've read from agatha christie is 'd maple tree' or something..she's good too, but am not a fan.
I've read Jeffery archer's eleven commandments and honor among thieves, and someting from lawrence sanders too..cant recall d title.
I'll do anything to lay my hands on mario puzo's novels...i read the godfather after seeing d movie. And i'll really like to have those ludlums too, cant remember d names of d ones i've read.

How do u even keep track of them all? I don lend pple my novels finish.

My novels should have amounted to over a tthousand copies hadn't I lend most of them out. I'm just having about five hundred copies now. Most people to wwhom I lent my books didn't return. Such selfish acts! Now, I've learnt my lessons. Before I lend people my novels, I take some in exchange.
Agatha Christie didn't write any book titled Marple Tree, but she created a fictitious character named Miss Marple for many of her books. And Hercule Poirot, my favourite character of hers.
Yeah, I have The Eleventh Commandment and Honour Among Thieves (Including Twelve Red Herrings, Not A Penny More, Not A Penny Less, As The Crow Flies and Kane And Abel)
The Puzos are only The Godfather, The Sicilian, The Family, The Last Don, Omerta and Fools Die

These books cost fortunes so I tend to be careful with how I lend them out. I once had Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susanne, I lent it out and the person misplaced it. Now I'm regretting.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LarrySun(m): 2:20pm On Jan 27, 2013
Brisingr: seems to me the good folks of this thread still buy paperbacks ?
Yeah, I fancy paperbacks better.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by UjSizzle(f): 2:56pm On Jan 27, 2013
Brisingr: seems to me the good folks of this thread still buy paperbacks ?
nothing beats the good 'ol feel of a book in your hands.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Mynd44: 3:00pm On Jan 27, 2013
uj_sizzle:
nothing beats the good 'ol feel of a book in your hands.
True
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 27, 2013
People dey read o, d only novel i av read is only, 'act of will' i don forget d author sef.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Teeboitizzy: 3:45pm On Jan 27, 2013
A̶̲̥̅♏ counting on U̶̲̥̅̊ please. @Mynd
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Brisingr(m): 3:55pm On Jan 27, 2013
i'll take an e book of any format sha.the last novel i bought was 'gone with the wind' and i don't know if anybody has read it here but it doesn't deserve the hype.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Mynd44: 3:58pm On Jan 27, 2013
Brisingr: i'll take an e book of any format sha.the last novel i bought was 'gone with the wind' and i don't know if anybody has read it here but it doesn't deserve the hype.
Nice book. Nice movie too
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by jiraiyas: 3:58pm On Jan 27, 2013
Reading becomes addiction just like my good cocacola
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Leopantro: 4:13pm On Jan 27, 2013
Remember those days of reading novels. We were so good and fast in reading that I would buy a novel from a store and my sister and I would finish it together on the same day and return it and ask for another. Just finished the complete collection of Sherlock Holmes, again. During service I came across a link where I downloaded 3750 enovels and saved them like gold. Think I have read close to 1000 of them. Sadly, life and its issues now keep me too busy to read novels for now.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by jiraiyas: 4:16pm On Jan 27, 2013
Leopantro: Remember those days of reading novels. We were so good and fast in reading that I would buy a novel from a store and my sister and I would finish it together on the same day and return it and ask for another. Just finished the complete collection of Sherlock Holmes, again. During service I came across a link where I downloaded 3750 enovels and saved them like gold. Think I have read close to 1000 of them. Sadly, life and its issues now keep me too busy to read novels for now.
Sorry man it happens ,jst thesame way am held doing my Housejob this days
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:24pm On Jan 27, 2013
World of reading is fun...takes u to the world of the characters instantly grin
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 27, 2013
Who don read eze goes to school. Dt book gud o.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LarrySun(m): 5:11pm On Jan 27, 2013
Brisingr: i'll take an e book of any format sha.the last novel i bought was 'gone with the wind' and i don't know if anybody has read it here but it doesn't deserve the hype.
Margaret Mitchell wrote some stuff into that book 'Gone With The Wind', so much description in the novel. My favourite character therein is Rhett Butler. Read the sequel too, Scarlett, written by Alexandra Ripley.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by MaziOmenuko: 6:27pm On Jan 27, 2013
Teeboitizzy: Pls sm1 sld help ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ out...its an assignment given †̥̥Θ ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ at ♍Ɣ‎ institution but ii was unable †̥̥Θ sort IT̶̲̥̅ out....... Very urgent...
"literature has been described as a mirror of life since it expresses both the pleasant and the unpleasant experience of a people. discuss and describe five ways in which literature is a mirror of life". Thankzzzz!!!!!

Note:- an assignment such as this is best answered from the lecturer's perspective. I guess you are a student in a Nigerian tertiary institution, so this means your lecturer already has a text book containing the answers you seek, but would want you to buy this book and produce his work verbatim. I suggest you heed to it.

But if otherwise, here are some drafts I just made. You can use it as keypoints and illustrate further from it.

Literature as a mirror of life:
Mirror of life is a figure of speech - metaphor- which explains that life and its totality can be easily expressed in literature or writing.

Literature does express both the pleasant and unpleasant experiences of life in the following ways:

(Here are four points, I expet you to add one more, then use my points as highlites while you explore it further)

1) Reflection
2) Imagination
3) Creativity
4) Awareness
5)

REFLECTION:
------------------

Literature is an art that shows the image of people's way of life. A work of lit can easily depict both the author and his work in such a way that the reader could find a correlation between the work and either the arthur, or his focus.
Lit expresses both the pleasant and unpleasant experiences of people by highlighting these experiences in works that are explicit and a transparent image of the people's way of life.

IMAGINATION
------------------

The art of lit sets the mind free to explore areas that are rather abstract and hidden to the common eye. Experiences that had previously not been witnessed could be made to feel real and come alive via the works of lit. This important factor makes it easy for lit to express people's way of life.

CREATIVITY
----------------

Lit brings into reality that which was rather imagined.
The works of literature is felt physically in areas of poetry, drama, song/music etc where lit comes into life and is seen and felt.

AWARENESS
----------------

Lit brings into reality that which was hidden or rather opaque to the transparent eye. The creativity of lit broadens the imagination of its spectators to explore areas in which they never knew existed, and with such, people's way of life is brought into focus.

Just scribbled these few paragraphs down for you. Feel free to ignore them of its totally off-point and useless to your quest.

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Brisingr(m): 6:29pm On Jan 27, 2013
yeah i bought the two together that was my first foray into classic novel,it was a total stinkfest.the rats that eat all my paperbacks seems to agree with as they eat all my other good books and leave gone with the wind alone.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by MaziOmenuko: 6:33pm On Jan 27, 2013
Now, let me go back to my new home and see the reviews my work is gettinggringrin
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 6:40pm On Jan 27, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Now, let me go back to my new home and see the reviews my work is gettinggringrin

Thanks for helping out with the assignment. This is also your home wink
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Redmosquito(m): 7:22pm On Jan 27, 2013

Food for thought:

My Family! it would be a disrespect on my part to let him go! He either dies by my hands or is made a hostage of bars! angry
I am no fountain of forgiveness, He should go beg God!
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Teeboitizzy: 8:01pm On Jan 27, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Note:- an assignment such as this is best answered from the lecturer's perspective. I guess you are a student in a Nigerian tertiary institution, so this means your lecturer already has a text book containing the answers you seek, but would want you to buy this book and produce his work verbatim. I suggest you heed to it.

But if otherwise, here are some drafts I just made. You can use it as keypoints and illustrate further from it.

Literature as a mirror of life:
Mirror of life is a figure of speech - metaphor- which explains that life and its totality can be easily expressed in literature or writing.

Literature does express both the pleasant and unpleasant experiences of life in the following ways:

(Here are four points, I expet you to add one more, then use my points as highlites while you explore it further)

1) Reflection
2) Imagination
3) Creativity
4) Awareness
5)

REFLECTION:
------------------

Literature is an art that shows the image of people's way of life. A work of lit can easily depict both the author and his work in such a way that the reader could find a correlation between the work and either the arthur, or his focus.
Lit expresses both the pleasant and unpleasant experiences of people by highlighting these experiences in works that are explicit and a transparent image of the people's way of life.

IMAGINATION
------------------

The art of lit sets the mind free to explore areas that are rather abstract and hidden to the common eye. Experiences that had previously not been witnessed could be made to feel real and come alive via the works of lit. This important factor makes it easy for lit to express people's way of life.

CREATIVITY
----------------

Lit brings into reality that which was rather imagined.
The works of literature is felt physically in areas of poetry, drama, song/music etc where lit comes into life and is seen and felt.

AWARENESS
----------------

Lit brings into reality that which was hidden or rather opaque to the transparent eye. The creativity of lit broadens the imagination of its spectators to explore areas in which they never knew existed, and with such, people's way of life is brought into focus.

Just scribbled these few paragraphs down for you. Feel free to ignore them of its totally off-point and useless to your quest.

Fankzzzz alot.... Pls cld U̶̲̥̅̊ mind tell ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ d last one den ii wld xplain IT̶̲̥̅ myself.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Redmosquito(m): 8:16pm On Jan 27, 2013
Teeboitizzy:

Fankzzzz alot.... Pls cld U̶̲̥̅̊ mind tell ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ d last one den ii wld xplain IT̶̲̥̅ myself.
Chai! Guy! DO am by urself jare! no dey disturb my gf anyhow! angry angry angry
Cheedren of nowadays!
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LarrySun(m): 8:25pm On Jan 27, 2013
Evening, guys cheesy
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Redmosquito(m): 8:27pm On Jan 27, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Evening, guys cheesy
Evening Mortal!
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Oahray: 8:29pm On Jan 27, 2013

Food for thought:

someone took home some food from today's study grin

@qstn, I'd love to say yes, but then, it is easier said.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LarrySun(m): 8:30pm On Jan 27, 2013
Redmosquito:
Evening Mortal!
Okay. So, how was your day, Pestle?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Oahray: 8:31pm On Jan 27, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Evening, guys cheesy
evening larry, and others...
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LarrySun(m): 8:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
Oahray: evening larry, and others...
How are you doing, buddy?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Redmosquito(m): 8:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Okay. So, how was your day, Pestle?
it was there!

Oahray: evening larry, and others...
Amadioha fry your yansh there! angry
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Redmosquito(m): 8:33pm On Jan 27, 2013
Words, perhaps sharp as granite
Sermons that speak of heaven
prophecies of a hell on earth
Teachings of love
Yet mingled with Hate
Lectures of "God"
All this miss their target
My heart
Like snipers' bullets they fly
like rookies shot they miss
My heart
I am stone
No! I am not stone
it is all but a camouflage of strength
I am weak
I am flesh absent bone
But still, I shall not fall
These prophecies
Too muddles, too twisted, too tinted
I shall not believe
But I shall also not challenge
I shall not challenge their words yet
Lest these Christians murder me
Lest these Christians deem me fiend

Just a lil something I wrote during service
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LarrySun(m): 8:35pm On Jan 27, 2013
Redmosquito:
it was there!

Amadioha fry your yansh there! angry
Oahray, you had better tightened your sphincter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (725) (Reply)

Diary Of A Broke Playboy / The Preacher's Son!!! / Letting Go By Audrey Timms

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.