Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (489507 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by firestar(f): 8:41am On Aug 29, 2012
embarassed embarassed
Spambots?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by mkmyers45(m): 4:29pm On Aug 29, 2012
Cuddlemii: ^Ha, I didn't mention your name! I said "love" and not Efe.

Thanks for clearing things, its all making sense now wink

Sent you a mail
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 5:24pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

Sent you a mail

seen!

when do u want it in by?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by mkmyers45(m): 5:27pm On Aug 29, 2012
Cuddlemii:

seen!

when do u want it in by?

2 days ok?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 5:31pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

2 days ok?

I can work with that wink.

Is that all the entries or I get to grade just a few? embarassed
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by mkmyers45(m): 5:35pm On Aug 29, 2012
Cuddlemii:

I can work with that wink.

Is that all the entries or I get to grade just a few? embarassed

those are verified nairaland users entries
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 5:38pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

those are verified nairaland users entries

Oh!

So were u able to get firestar on board?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by mkmyers45(m): 5:44pm On Aug 29, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Oh!

So were u able to get firestar on board?

Not really...she was interested but we lost contacts
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2012
mkmyers45:

Not really...she was interested but we lost contacts

hmm ok
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Emyo(m): 6:20am On Sep 03, 2012
Cuddlemi. Please 4 d last time. Move this thread to the front page please. Its urgent and important, so it aims will be achieved. https://www.nairaland.com/920401/naija-young-writers-club-join
Tanks for ur usual and steady cooperation. Stay blessed as u do this for us.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 3:25pm On Sep 03, 2012
Emyo: Cuddlemi. Please 4 d last time. Move this thread to the front page please. Its urgent and important, so it aims will be achieved. https://www.nairaland.com/920401/naija-young-writers-club-join
Tanks for ur usual and steady cooperation. Stay blessed as u do this for us.

Its now on front page, go do your thing wink.

It had been on frontpage in the past but its all good, I guess you have your reasons for wanting it there again smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Emyo(m): 9:24pm On Sep 03, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Its now on front page, go do your thing wink.

It had been on frontpage in the past but its all good, I guess you have your reasons for wanting it there again smiley
tanks lady.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 5:41pm On Sep 04, 2012
Emyo: tanks lady.

U welcome Sir!
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 7:19pm On Sep 06, 2012
Ok, present!
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 06, 2012
Ok, here I am. I think that in merging all the writing sections (not sure how many there are), you'll be able to expose the full treasures to passersby at once. Someone who's not very familiar with the section but who has some appreciation for poetry, for instance, may be unimpressed if he sees none when he looks the first time. Unless he's particularly into literature, he may make no further effort to find the poetry.

Basically, my feeling is that sections should grow naturally. Focused interest should first be allowed to build before building sub-sections to accommodate them. How does that take you?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 8:25pm On Sep 06, 2012
^Noted! It would be looked into!
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by maclatunji: 3:38pm On Sep 11, 2012
Hello! I think this thread should be stickied. I had to fish-it-out. I do really think that we shouldn't expect Literature section to match the likes of Politics and Romance on Nairaland. However, I think an easy way to attract more traffic is to expose the "hidden talents" present here. This is something I know our moderator has been working hard on. However, I would also like to suggest that she visits other sections and demand that threads that are more literary in nature be moved here. There have been a few over the years that have been posted in Romance in particular and to a lesser extent Family section.

Such threads can attract more people here and inspire a new generation or wave of writers and/or Poets.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 11, 2012
maclatunji: Hello! I think this thread should be stickied. I had to fish-it-out. I do really think that we shouldn't expect Literature section to match the likes of Politics and Romance on Nairaland. However, I think an easy way to attract more traffic is to expose the "hidden talents" present here. This is something I know our moderator has been working hard on. However, I would also like to suggest that she visits other sections and demand that threads that are more literary in nature be moved here. There have been a few over the years that have been posted in Romance in particular and to a lesser extent Family section.

Such threads can attract more people here and inspire a new generation or wave of writers and/or Poets.

I agree.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 12:21am On Sep 12, 2012
maclatunji: Hello! I think this thread should be stickied. I had to fish-it-out. I do really think that we shouldn't expect Literature section to match the likes of Politics and Romance on Nairaland. However, I think an easy way to attract more traffic is to expose the "hidden talents" present here. This is something I know our moderator has been working hard on. However, I would also like to suggest that she visits other sections and demand that threads that are more literary in nature be moved here. There have been a few over the years that have been posted in Romance in particular and to a lesser extent Family section.

Noted!

The chat thread wasn't stickied because people hardly use it. I practically beg members to make use of it.

How many threads do you want stickied up there? We have the complaints thread, guidelines, rules and regulations and now this?

I left room for other threads up there, for the sake of togetherness, lolz!

As per your suggestion, I replied you on the mods board. Thanks! smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by maclatunji: 6:14am On Sep 12, 2012
^You don't throwaway a concept just because it isn't popular at the beginning. I suggest you sticky it. Not doing so will defeat its purpose. You may unsticky any thread that is not as useful as this.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by maclatunji: 6:17am On Sep 12, 2012
I see you have stickied it already. There's isn't too much clutter in my opinion, the Literature home page is okay in my opinion.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 8:37am On Sep 12, 2012
maclatunji: I see you have stickied it already. There's isn't too much clutter in my opinion, the Literature home page is okay in my opinion.

I didn't sticky it. I will look into it.

Right now, I am working on other developments of the section & requirements suggested by other users before now. Thank you very much for you suggestion so far and please in the nearest future, use the complaints thread.

Thanks!
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by maclatunji: 8:56am On Sep 12, 2012
Cuddlemii:

I didn't sticky it. I will look into it.

Right now, I am working on other developments of the section & requirements suggested by other users before now. Thank you very much for you suggestion so far and please in the nearest future, use the complaints thread.

Thanks!

OK.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by mkmyers45(m): 12:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
Hello Cuddles How r u? I am having problems setting up a poll...What gives?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 4:35pm On Sep 12, 2012
mkmyers45: Hello Cuddles How r u? I am having problems setting up a poll...What gives?

I think there are some changes been done to the polls as its been impossible to create one in recent times.

But do not fret, improvise!

Hence forth, I won't attend to any queries on here, this is for networking and mingling. Thanks!
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by mkmyers45(m): 4:56pm On Sep 12, 2012
Cuddlemii:

I think there are some changes been done to the polls as its been impossible to create one in recent times.

But do not fret, improvise!

Hence forth, I won't attend to any queries on here, this is for networking and mingling. Thanks!
How do we mingle? grin
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 5:26pm On Sep 12, 2012
mkmyers45: How do we mingle? grin

mingle,min·gled, min·gling, min·gles-

1. To mix or bring together in combination, usually without loss of individual characteristics. See Synonyms at mix.
2. To mix so that the components become united; merge.
v.intr.
1. To be or become mixed or united.
2. To join or take part with others

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mingle
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Pharoh: 5:23am On Sep 13, 2012
I want to mingle with cheesy . . . . . . . somebody help me to complete the statement . . cheesy
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 7:16am On Sep 13, 2012
Pharoh: I want to mingle with cheesy . . . . . . . somebody help me to complete the statement . . cheesy

Lolz cheesy
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 3:30am On Sep 15, 2012
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (725) (Reply)

Diary Of A Broke Playboy / The Preacher's Son!!! / Letting Go By Audrey Timms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.