Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! (11814 Views)

I abandoned my children for Libya trip – Victim (Picture) / Daylight Robbery In Makurdi, Residents Terrified (Photos) / Okada Accident Claims Two Lives In Makurdi Few Hours To New Year (GRAPHICS PIC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by GloriousGod1: 11:09am On Jul 30, 2012
Na wa oooo. Wonders shall never end!
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 30, 2012
IGBO'S SELLING THEIR KIDS FOR MONEY AGAIN? WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE TRIBE. WHY THEY LIKE MONEY LIKE THIS? SMH angry angry angry angry
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by MMM2(m): 11:22am On Jul 30, 2012
Nawoo

5k is not even enough 4 my beer

God have mercy
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by Audukaya: 11:30am On Jul 30, 2012
[b][/b][i][/i]The parents are silly for giving birth to what they can't train,while the govt.is wicked for not keeping to their responsibility. And the economic and political ideology is not a merciful.that is the repercusion of capitalism.[i]The parents are silly for giving birth to what they can't train,while the govt.is wicked for not keeping to their responsibility. And the economic and political ideology is not a merciful.that is the repercusion of capitalism.[/i]The parents are silly for giving birth to what they can't train,while the govt.is wicked for not keeping to their responsibility. And the economic and political ideology is not a merciful.that is the repercusion of capitalism.
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by dabrake(m): 11:31am On Jul 30, 2012
when they f[b]uc[/b]k like rabbits without having enough to adequately cater for them, what do you expect?
suprising that the rich guys are breeding a maximum of 3(+-)1 kids whereas, . . .
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by Series22(m): 11:33am On Jul 30, 2012
basher: I'm shocked at the almost sympathetic posts I’m reading here! Posts like - "Na wa o! Poverty ehn...i cant blame them,they breed like pigs around that area" & "Poverty is a big disease indeed. But, what will N5,000 do for them?".

If it were happening somewhere in the south east of south west, what we would have been reading here would have been - "yoruba/igbo people are very greedy and would do anything for money"; "yoruba/igbo people are very evil"; "worst tribe in the world" etc..

igbo and yoruba r economic & social rivals. Igboman bliv say him pass yoruba, man while yoruba bliv say hm pas igbo. In d heart of igbos dey respct d yorubas 4 their level of exposure, likewise in d heart of d yorubas, they respect d igbos 4 their success too. 4get wat dey say 2 each oda in d media. Na just 4 mouth, dey cant kill each oda in d name of tribalism or religion.. Permit me 2 b tribalistic here. Igbo beta pas yoruba.. Lol
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by Kunlebabs375: 11:33am On Jul 30, 2012
That attitude is very common among the Benue people. They believe that there are no jobs for them and in other to raise money they take some children with the knowledge of their parents in most cases for trafficking. Though it could be found in many other states too but I think that of Benue is mostly common. I think Benue state govt shoul do something...
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by ajf(m): 11:34am On Jul 30, 2012
jamp: this is not new. even those in authority have house helps and you pay little to get them.what happens is that an agent pay small amount to their parents and every month you pay the agent instead of the house help. sometimes the agent share the money with the house help.

go to most houses in Abuja and u will see small girls as house helps, where are they from? nobody will question those in authority about this.

God bless Nigeria
GBAM!!!
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by ayandee: 11:40am On Jul 30, 2012
Aifey: U can but d blame on poverty, bad economy n corupion. Nigerians sell their kidney in india evryday 4a token. Those kids where onces used 4a drug text by a US based phamazetical company "pryzer" in kano. Wht did our govt. Do. They are all old stories.povety, bad economy, coruption ar d root curses of all vices in every society.
You mean Pfizer?
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by jpphilips(m): 11:48am On Jul 30, 2012
strangest: This is really sad. Are we back to the slave trade era?

time for beaf's father to do him a favour
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by francis247(m): 11:49am On Jul 30, 2012
Another sign of ENDTIME!
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 30, 2012
Kunlebabs375: [s]That attitude is very common among the Benue people.[/s] They believe that there are no jobs for them and in other to raise money they take some children with the knowledge of their parents in most cases for trafficking. Though it could be found in many other states too but I think that of Benue is mostly common. I think Benue state govt shoul do something...

That part isn't necessary.
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by stint(m): 11:56am On Jul 30, 2012
bobokelly: What a calamity?. This is not poverty, these parents are under spell, how can you nurse a child from pregnancy to the of 5yrs to 20yrs only to be soldl the child for N4000 or N5000, this is absolutely madness. Crazy, insane.
Don't be too hasty in concluding , no parent is actually selling their children. read the post again . they were deceived like every other human being can be deceived. insult them for their gullibility but don't paint them as some heartless , stupid northern who sold their wards for 4k .they did not know they were ' selling' their children to ritualist . have you never been deceived?
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2012
Handiwork of Biafrans in Benue. . . . Ibo kwenu
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by Nezan(m): 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kunlebabs375: That attitude is very common among the Benue people. They believe that there are no jobs for them and in other to raise money they take some children with the knowledge of their parents in most cases for trafficking. Though it could be found in many other states too but I think that of Benue is mostly common. I think Benue state govt shoul do something...

I beg to disagree with your assertion. Look at this:

Boys are mostly trafficked from the
south eastern states of Imo, Abia and Akwa-Ibom to Gabon,
Equatorial Guinea and Congo, while those from Kwara go to
Togo and as far as Mali to work on plantations
Between October and December 2003, over 500 children
from the Republic of Benin were rescued from granite
quarries and repatriated back to their country of origin,
through a joint effort of UNICEF in Nigeria and Benin.
Similarly, Nigeria has recently seen an increased number of
repatriation of trafficking victims from many foreign countries
such as UK, Italy, Netherlands, USA, Belgium, Ireland, Saudi
Arabia and South Africa.
Private transit camps have been reported to exist in Akwa-
Ibom, Cross Rivers and Ondo States where children are
transported from the south eastern states and forced into
hard labour and prostitution

Source: http://www.unicef.org/wcaro/WCARO_Nigeria_Factsheets_ChildTrafficking.pdf
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by y2kaustin(m): 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2012
Gej,should be held fully responsible!
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by dasparrow: 12:44pm On Jul 30, 2012
Daresh: Why have children when you cannot care for them? Na wah o!

Because in Nigeria, society still treats women who do not give birth like trash. Its pathetic because its obvious people just breed children like chicken when they know they don't have the necessary funds to take care of them.
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by buJu234: 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2012
4rm Benue state; yet governor Swansan (or what ever he calls himself) said his state is doing well...

lets speak the truth only Lagos state is working economically in the whole Nigeria.

the rest are jst playing on family/party politics with the state fund...
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2012
See Poverty.chai!
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by MissC1: 12:47pm On Jul 30, 2012
O my Goodness God!!!!!! At d age of 6 nd 19 being sold at d rate 4 nd 5k.is dis d hospital bill wen they were born,baby's wears,sch,feedin nd clothin,etc? D parents of dis children shud b severly punished or beta stl b killed cos dey av no reasn of selin even a day old baby at dat rate. I pray d authority wl mercilessly deal wt both parents nd d agents. U cn imagin hw many unfufiled dreams,future nd destiny dat has been wasted!!!! I just both a puppy at d rate of 26,0000 let alone angryO my Goodness God!!!!!! At d age of 6 nd 19 being sold at d rate 4 nd 5k.is dis d hospital bill wen they were born,baby's wears,sch,feedin nd clothin,etc? D parents of dis children shud b severly punished or beta stl b killed cos dey av no reasn of selin even a day old baby at dat rate. I pray d authority wl mercilessly deal wt both parents nd d agents. U cn imagin hw many unfufiled dreams,future nd destiny dat has been wasted!!!! I just both a puppy at d rate of 26,0000 let alone
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by africaeagle(m): 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2012
Oh my God! I wont like to know that this the way u wish to pay us back for our sins, the problem of this country is geting worst everyday all because of money. What shock most the other day was when read about the members of boko paying police to kill police and army to kill army and am planing to join the army hoping to fight todefend my country but now am discourage. Today is about parent for that matter selling they own children for just 5000 highst. What is this country becoming only God knows and in his hand we are. God help nigeria.
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2012
*singng* if ur pikin no dey do you wel, tap-tap-tap-tap, AWAY!!!
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by africaeagle(m): 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2012
Now this goes to david mark the most stupid political leader benue ever have, if the idiot is a responsible person and he care about making ways for his people will such nonsense been heard in his state? Instead talk of how to build tne future of the people what he is planing is how to short down all the sociel netword. Useless being calling himself a senetor animal.
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by ODB1: 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2012
[size=20pt]NIGERIA SHOULD BE SPELT WITH TWO Gs' henceforth[/size]
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by mallorca(m): 2:33pm On Jul 30, 2012
SimonAndal: Good for them. That money couldn't last me a day.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by tayoTFC(m): 2:41pm On Jul 30, 2012
OP.. the children are not for sale as stated in ur report ...they pay the parent 4-5k every month and used them has househelp...
my friend got one from cotonu collecting 10k everymonth and register her in yetkem school off catering 10 am to 4pm..
am not encouraging it ,,,but that is result of poverty in nigeria and african atlarge....this should be discourage by FG..GEJ wake up...
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by Walexz02(m): 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2012
slimdiggi: Na wa o! Poverty ehn...i cant blame them,they breed like pigs around that area angry
Abi oO! If na only 2 dem gt,shey dem go sell 1?
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by hannydarl(f): 3:05pm On Jul 30, 2012
Nigerian Police sef. Those kids were not sold. Traficers proly gave that sum to the parents who are so broke 4k is like a million, and told them that is nothing compared to what bomboy will get if he keeps a cool head and serves his oga well. Parent will say hope he won't surffer? Agent will say ah no o he will be placed in good hands given gOod food and fine shelter. Trust me madam I don't have evil clients etc etc in short instead of him to be in this bad environment and turn to thug let him work and earn small money for his education and Parents will think its for the best collect the half salary advance and let the child go. I don't think that is selling. COUNTRY HARD. One Zamfara big boy go buy one as wife from Egypt abi where come here as wife nau porverty dey cause parents do bad thing.Sad
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by Gen2jaynee: 3:37pm On Jul 30, 2012
I cnt even sell my one day old,Goat for 5000...talk more human being... Oti oo!
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by BinghiNya(m): 3:38pm On Jul 30, 2012
Child trafickking and christianity are synonymous. The bible encourages it. Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers
Re: Parents Sell Children For N4,000 In Makurdi! by tessyade: 3:38pm On Jul 30, 2012
stint: No parent is actually selling their children. They were deceived like every other human being can be deceived. insult them for their gullibility but don't paint them as heartless
I agree with this part of your post. I don't think any parent(no matter how uneducated or poor) will want to sell their children for that peanut. Those 'buyers' must have capitalise on the ignorance of those parents, telling them the children will be given the best of education bla bla bla by a rich man somewhere. Like you said, i only blame those parents for being so gullible to belief such stories.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Policeman Molests Woman In Presence Of Baby / Police Arrest Mother And Daughter For Killing Grandchild / Naijahost.com.ng Aircrew/Airhost An Organized Crime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.