Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate (9169 Views)

Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? / Charles Novia, Foluke Daramola In War Of Words Over Jonathan, Buhari / 2015 Election Not War But Contest Among Brothers, Sisters — Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 30, 2012
Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola has condemned the conduct of some Muslims in the country who engage in violence in the name of Jihad.
According to Aregbesola, from the history of life and times of the Holy Prophet, Jihad has not and “is still not a war of hate, destruction, indiscriminate, arandom war of a mandate that can be appropriated by just about anyone”.

Aregbesola, who said this on Saturday at a Ramadan lecture organised by the Al-Habibiyyah Islamic Society at the Women Development Centre, Abuja, also lamented the violent activities of the violent Islamic sect, Boko Haram, describing it as “posturing which was far from Islamic tenets and teachings”.
In his lecture entitled, ‘Islam,Education and the Principles of Jihad’, the governor said honest and discerning Nigerian would testify to the fact that what the group stands for does not approximate Islam by any stretch of the imagination.

He said it somewhat represents a dynamics withinIslam which if not well managed, could affect the perception of Islam by the larger world and its fortunesin a changing world.

Meanwhile, Aregbesola, in Osogbo on Sunday, said the appellation, ‘Your Excellency’ used to address public office holders was an aberration of the country’s constitution and sycophantic.

Aregbesola, who stated this at public lecture, maintained that the phrase was “introduced by the political class wishing to segregate itself from the common man.”

The lecture was organised by Muslim Association of Nigeria at the Osogbo City Hall, Osogbo.

The governor also faulted the use of ‘Executive Governor,’ describing the phrase as repetitive.
He stressed that he was comfortable with being addressed as a governor.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jihad-not-war-of-hate-aregbesola

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by Euroclydon(m): 8:25am On Jul 30, 2012
ok o!
Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by bashr8: 8:42am On Jul 30, 2012
ok so he supports jihad ? RIP SW , wait till becomrich lay his hands of you.
Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 30, 2012
bashr8: ok so he supports jihad ? RIP SW , wait till becomrich lay his hands of you.
Every muslims supports Jihad, there definition of it is just what is different.
Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by aribisala0(m): 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
I am not a muslim but my reading of the quran indicates that Jihad indicates internal struggle what Psychologists may characterize as the struggle of the id and superego is this correct?

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by ebamma(m): 1:40pm On Jul 30, 2012
Jihad is a name of a person,animal, place or thing.

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by Deen4me(m): 1:40pm On Jul 30, 2012
Correct @ Aribasala
Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by farouqzaib: 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2012
aribisala0: I am not a muslim but my reading of the quran indicates that Jihad indicates internal struggle what Psychologists may characterize as the struggle of the id and superego is this correct?

I don't really understand your question.

Jihad encompasses a broad term and internal struggle is one of it's aspect. Internal struggle is the greatest form of Jihad(I'm sure those Boko boys forget that).
Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by Azidogen2: 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2012
ISLAM AGAIN
Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by alaoeri: 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2012
aribisala0: I am not a muslim but my reading of the quran indicates that Jihad indicates internal struggle what Psychologists may characterize as the struggle of the id and superego is this correct?
The best jihad is that of the soul by shunning all forms of evil deed, have being to north b4 majority of their youth are ill informed some don't even recognise southern muslims as muslim, i think their problem is ideology.

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by 2sa2: 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2012
ebamma: Jihad is a name of a person,animal, place or thing.
r e t a r d

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by Dawdy(m): 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2012
Jihad means means efforts, u can do Jihad through contribution towards the way of Allah, such as building mosques, muslims's schools, hospital, helping needy with ur money, recitation of the holy quran, attending tafseer, being kind to the peopl etc, any good deed that will make u be pleased with by Allah is Jihad, and if u defend muslims from being attacked by enemies it is also Jihad.

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2012
please where can i buy this koran? i need to read it.
Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by manny4life(m): 1:51pm On Jul 30, 2012
Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by Ortis: 1:52pm On Jul 30, 2012
HMMMM bt imans n islam politheifian hav hand in bombings
Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by bobokelly(m): 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2012
Tho boko-harams are just merely fanaty religeon, it is never written in the quran to kill innocent, all in the name of jihaad. Or whatever.
Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by charlsecy4(m): 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2012
According to the authoritative Dictionary of Islam jihad is defined as: "A religious war with those who are unbelievers in the mission of Muhammad ... enjoined especially for the purpose of advancing Islam and repelling evil from Muslims."

An accurate interpretation of the concept of Jihad is provided by the BBC about how Muslims describe three different types of struggles:

A believer's internal struggle to live out the Muslim faith as well as possible.

The struggle to build a good Muslim society.

Holy war: the struggle to defend Islam, with force if necessary.

[url=en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad]Source[/url]

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by mshd5: 2:02pm On Jul 30, 2012
may Allah helps us 4rm evil of pple wh misconcept jihad

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by nanidee(f): 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2012
charlsecy4: According to the authoritative Dictionary of Islam jihad is defined as: "A religious war with those who are unbelievers in the mission of Muhammad ... enjoined especially for the purpose of advancing Islam and repelling evil from Muslims."

An accurate interpretation of the concept of Jihad is provided by the BBC about how Muslims describe three different types of struggles:

A believer's internal struggle to live out the Muslim faith as well as possible.

The struggle to build a good Muslim society.

Holy war: the struggle to defend Islam, with force if necessary.

[url=en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad]Source[/url]

Thanks for clearing things up

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by aribisala0(m): 2:04pm On Jul 30, 2012
We all have the internet an can check wiikpedia so I doubt that this is particularly illuminating. Perhaps YOU have a contribution
The English words

"Battle
and
Fight"

have many meanings not related to interpersonal conflict or war
e.g Battle cancer
Fight for your rights
fight for the ball
fight hunger
etc
Everything is about context

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by economia: 2:05pm On Jul 30, 2012
As Evangelism is to Christainity and Good-works to Judaism, so is Jihad to the Islam.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 30, 2012
Im tired of commenting on this BH issue
Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by aribisala0(m): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2012
economia: As Evangelism is to Christainity and Good-works to Judaism, so is Jihad to the Islam.
What is the Islamic equivalent of the Inquisition in Spain,Burning of withches and the Endorsement of the Slave Trade by the Church

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by ozoebuka1(m): 2:12pm On Jul 30, 2012
ebamma: Jihad is a name of a person,animal, place or thing.
hahahaha... imao. and those who believes in jihad are animals, places or things. lwkmd
Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by aribisala0(m): 2:13pm On Jul 30, 2012
farouqzaib:

I don't really understand your question.

Jihad encompasses a broad term and internal struggle is one of it's aspect. Internal struggle is the greatest form of Jihad(I'm sure those Boko boys forget that).
So is the Boko Haram thing another aspect
Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 30, 2012
salaksmana: Every muslims supports Jihad, there definition of it is just what is different.
Charity is one of the best jihad in Islam.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by gidiMonsta(m): 2:14pm On Jul 30, 2012
economia: As Evangelism is to Christainity, so is Jihad to the Islam.

You are only partially correct, Jihad encompasses Dawah (Evangelism) and a host of other activities, the most important of which is the fight for the control of your soul (internal struggle).
Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 30, 2012
gboss4sure: please where can i buy this koran? i need to read it.
You can get it in any Islamic bookshop or Central mosque(Jumat prayer) every friday.
Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by maclatunji: 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2012

In layman terms, this is one of the forms of Jihad.
Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by maclatunji: 2:19pm On Jul 30, 2012
Boko Haram's definition is very wack!
Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 30, 2012
manny4life:

You keep pretending to be a Christain..Does you Bible/Christainity supports homosexualism??I know you as a strong advocate of one.Do you attend gay church too?..You are worse compare to the Devilish bokoharam...Mr hypocrite.
Re: Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate by kunlexdino: 2:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
Muslims can justify themselve with jihad. But the truth is that jihad is about violence. Why do we always have islamic militant everywhere in the world and not christain militant. Where is the peace in the religion. Violence world wide is always from islam people. Definitely, something is wrong. They should practise peace, forgive and righteousness as christain do. I mean the average muslims generally. I thank GOD i came a christain. Christlike people are peculiar people.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Heads May Roll After Jonathan’s Police College Visit / Dont Postpone The Elections, NLC Warns / NLC Denies Requesting For Saraki's Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.