Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,243 members, 7,829,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving (26651 Views)

What Is Wrong With This Picture Of Ribadu And Jonathan? / Just 8 Years Out Of Power-is That Governor Nnamani? / The Nigerian Police Force Is Improving. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by bashr8: 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2012
Beowulf: @ OP! Seriously I thought I was the only one that noticed! Mine is on now for about two weeks. I don't even know what to do with the light no more. In an ironic way, I am very suspicious of this PHCN guys or whatever it is they are called these days.
dnt ditch your generator yet ,we still dey watch them with one eye , you know naija can be funny grin.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by edicolove: 3:54pm On Jul 30, 2012
I have said it over and over that kobojunkie is a saddist. A chronic cynic. She has no joy. And she likes to spread the pain and gloom around. It is good everyone is beginning to see how she attacks any and every symptom of joy and progress. She wants to always remind us how doomed we are, like we actually need any help on that. Lol.

Just pick up your phone and call anyone in Edo state and ask how the light situation is and they will tell you they are enjoying power up to 16 hours regularly in many areas and near 24hrs in some areas. Same for several other states in the south. Delta is not as good as edo though. Especially Asaba. Some parts of Lagos are enjoying good power. Others still have a long way to go. There are many reasons for the disparity. In lagos for example, there is still rotation of power because the power given to Lagos is far inadequate. But then some areas have priority over others. I don't know what criteria PHCN or whatever uses. In some areas, their transformer or step down stations might be bad. All these are different factors. But overall, power has improved greatly. The installation of prepaid meters has surely impacted the power supply. We still need to put more pressure on the authorities though. They need to cancel the N500 maintenance fee and they need to curb the excesses of their staff handling the prepaid sales and installation. The NERC BB pin is 28F1B6C5.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by mkmyers45(m): 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2012
~Cute pie~:
A drop of water makes an ocean.4 improvement we nid 2 start somewhere. @ least y cant we jst appreciate d fact 4 nw.(2 d fg)if d government nids more of ours praises den dey shuld also c 2 oda important matters.all d same d end justifies d means

Miss,

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DOESN'T NEED ANY PRAISE IN MAKING SURE POWER IS MADE STABLE AND AVAILABLE TO THE POPULACE....

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by deshclones(m): 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2012
True...ajah representing..we've had light for the past 3weeks..light stays for more than 21hours straight..light has improvedoooo
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by bashr8: 3:56pm On Jul 30, 2012
edicolove: I have said it over and over that kobojunkie is a saddist. A chronic cynic. She has no joy. And she likes to spread the pain and gloom around. It is good everyone is beginning to see how she attacks any and every symptom of joy and progress. She wants to always remind us how doomed we are, like we actually need any help on that. Lol.

Just pick up your phone and call anyone in Edo state and ask how the light situation is and they will tell you they are enjoying power up to 16 hours regularly in many areas and near 24hrs in some areas. Same for several other states in the south. Delta is not as good as edo though. Especially Asaba. Some parts of Lagos are enjoying good power. Others still have a long way to go. There are many reasons for the disparity. In lagos for example, there is still rotation of power because the power given to Lagos is far inadequate. But then some areas have priority over others. I don't know what criteria PHCN or whatever uses. In some areas, their transformer or step down stations might be bad. All these are different factors. But overall, power has improved greatly. The installation of prepaid meters has surely impacted the power supply. We still need to put more pressure on the authorities though. They need to cancel the N500 maintenance fee and they need to curb the excesses of their staff handling the prepaid sales and installation. The NERC BB pin is 28F1B6C5.
exactly i dont understand what is wrng with her ,each person is only saying whats happening in their area yet she want to force sorry and sadness down our throat embarassed it will also take more time for some states to get it right cus we all know there are lots of illegal connections
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by sheyma: 3:59pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Maybe you don't live in the same Nigeria the other posters live in. cry cry cry cry cry cry

Maybe.lol. Or maybe dey gave you our light.lol
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by ak4God(m): 4:00pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie must be a fool.People like you never anything good.Infact you must be enemy of improvement.
Its only a dummy,that will tell you there is no improvement in the power sector these days.Initially,i used to buy 1000 naira fuel everyday,but for the past 1 month now,i have filled my generator tank with 1000 naira fuel,but to my greatest surprised,i have not touched used it.Kudos to that sector for the first time.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by wyt(m): 4:01pm On Jul 30, 2012
for me once i was blind but now i can see. It doesn't matter if there are rocket scientist and profesors in statististics who knows total megawatts usable per second in nigeria, all i knw is the light hasa being steady lik 22 hrs in gwarimppa where i live for the past 10days. GEJ may not be too efficient in boko haram but he is indeed an economic president, our economy is one of the best in world in terms of growth, why do people still hate him?

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by kunlej2: 4:02pm On Jul 30, 2012
it is not a miracle, you need to live in my area in nassarawa in kano.. imagine i dont have a generator, why? because i always have light 247 only once in a while when there is issues with the transformer.
sadly, i will be leaving the area pretty soon. dont sypathise for me, i have bought a new diesel generator. invariably power supply in the country is not rationalised
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by mikeywise(m): 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2012
I STAY IN ABUJA AND I THINK LIGHT HAS REALLY IMPROVED. I AM NOT CELEBRATING YET BECAUSE WE EXPERIENCED IMPROVEMENT AROUND OCTOBER/NOVEMBER LAST YEAR AND AFTER THAT WAS TOTAL BLACKOUT. I HOPE IT HAS COME TO STAY THIS TIME, WEAREWATCHING.COM

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On Jul 30, 2012
ak4God: Kobojunkie must be a fool.People like you never anything good.Infact you must be enemy of improvement.
Its only a dummy,that will tell you there is no improvement in the power sector these days.Initially,i used to buy 1000 naira fuel everyday,but for the past 1 month now,i have filled my generator tank with 1000 naira fuel,but to my greatest surprised,i have not touched used it.Kudos to that sector for the first time.

And you my friend are the son of an eejit for the statement above. If you cannot counter anything I have said so far, you are best shutting up.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by bashr8: 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You are a son of an eejit for the statement above. If you cannot counter anything I have said so far, you are best shutting up.
you still dey wait for documents grin
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Idondome: 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2012
Actually,there's improvement in power now. In my area, i can not be certain whether we will have light or not before, but now we have light one week ON and one week OFF. This's because of the T/Former size in my area that can not support everybody at the same time. There's plan to increase the capacity. My advice to this forum is to acknowledge good thing if you see one. Let us not over indulge ourselves in criticizing one another because you may not do more that person. Lies can only make you to loose God's favour if you perpetuate in it. Say the truth and shame the devil.

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by chucky234(m): 4:06pm On Jul 30, 2012
Here we go again,power has improved?
Less than 1000MW in 24 months for a govt that is ranked the most expensive in the world,that to me is disgraceful and we should be ashame to applaud so govt.
South Africa with 58 million people generates 45,000MW of electricity while Nigeria with 168 million people generates 3,800MW of electricity yet we spend far more on power annually than SA and Brazil put together while Brazil currently generates 100,000MW with 201 million people.
A senator in India earns in fourty nine years what a Nigerian senator earns in a calendar year,our president receives N2bn annually as food allowance which tripple Obama annual total earning yet we eulogises such a failed govt instead of holding them accountable for every failure they record.
Barth Nnaji has forsee his failure that's why he has targeted 2020 to achieve 35,000MW knowing fully well he will not be in office by 2020 so he can fault the failure on continuity
Has anyone try to find out how much this govt have so far spent on power in the last 24 months to achieve 580MW of electricity,you will be amazed how much this govt spent without befitting results.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by alienware(m): 4:07pm On Jul 30, 2012
I dey ijesha around sele bus stop, i dey get like 20hrs light here. They took the light 3:0am and brought it 5:0am & there's still light up till now .It's past 3pm already, no blink since then, whether transmission no good or mega watt dropped, or thieves vandalise poles dat one no concern me, wetin i need na my constant electricity and h20.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On Jul 30, 2012
bashr8: you still dey wait for documents grin

From a person of your intelligence level? Nah!! I don't expect anything in the way of intelligent discourse/exchange from the likes of you.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by chucky234(m): 4:08pm On Jul 30, 2012
Idon-do-me:
Actually,there's improvement in power now. In my area, i can not be certain whether we will have light or not before, but now we have light one week ON and one week OFF. This's because of the T/Former size in my area that can not support everybody at the same time. There's plan to increase the capacity. My advice to this forum is to acknowledge good thing if you see one. Let us not over indulge ourselves in criticizing one another because you may not do more that person. Lies can only make you to loose God's favour if you perpetuate in it. Say the truth and shame the devil.
One week on,one week off and you dumbly call that improvement with the billions already spent?
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by obi123: 4:09pm On Jul 30, 2012
even i myself called my daddy's mobile phone and he said you can call the landline , the landline is fully charged , and i said ah ah , this is a surprise as i cant remember the last time i called and that phone will be charged without the generator booming in the background then i will be shouting at the top of my voice
In any case lets not jubilate too much before we jinx it jare, but good on them
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by bashr8: 4:10pm On Jul 30, 2012
chucky234: Here we go again,power has improved?
Less than 1000MW in 24 months for a govt that is ranked the most expensive in the world,that to me is disgraceful and we should be ashame to applaud so govt.
South Africa with 58 million people generates 45,000MW of electricity while Nigeria with 168 million people generates 3,800MW of electricity yet we spend far more on power annually than SA and Brazil put together while Brazil currently generates 100,000MW with 201 million people.
A senator in India earns in fourty nine years what a Nigerian senator earns in a calendar year,our president receives N2bn annually as food allowance which tripple Obama annual total earning yet we eulogises such a failed govt instead of holding them accountable for every failure they record.
Barth Nnaji has forsee his failure that's why he has targeted 2020 to achieve 35,000MW knowing fully well he will not be in office by 2020 so he can fault the failure on continuity
Has anyone try to find out how much this govt have so far spent on power in the last 24 months to achieve 580MW of electricity,you will be amazed how much this govt spent without befitting results.
all this one na cry cry , we are more interested in knowing where theres improvement and which areas are still having blackouts.we are waiting for more people(that reside in nigeria not junkies like you and kobojnkie)to comment

4 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 30, 2012
Those of us around Surulere can never complain about Epileptic power supply.. Especially if u stay around Adeniran Ogunsanya n Bode Thomas line grin
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Cutepie1(f): 4:11pm On Jul 30, 2012
Mkmeyer, try 2 read my comment again.i didnt say we nid 2 be praisin d fg in order 4 us have stable electricity.cos nobody is perfect even u
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by bashr8: 4:12pm On Jul 30, 2012
chucky234: One week on,one week off and you dumbly call that improvement with the billions already spent?
transofrmer she is talking about supplies streets ,avenues. places that are over populated require bigger ones, its left for them to get a bigger one which she indicated they are planing to , why cant you people ever see anything good.

dont derail this thread we only want those that are either getting light or not getting light to comment and tell us their location.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by deshclones(m): 4:12pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

From a person of your intelligence level? Nah!! I don't expect anything in the way of intelligent discourse/exchange from the likes of you.

accept the fact that you committed a big blunder..all you aberdeen based nigerians angry angry....you hardly stay in the country yet make noise and complain more than we bonafide citizens of nigeria..we are telling you that power has improved and you are still yarning opata..chillax jor...

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by edicolove: 4:13pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

And you my friend are the son of an eejit for the statement above. If you cannot counter anything I have said so far, you are best shutting up.

What is there to counter in what you have said? You are on your own. People are reporting from all over Nigeria that power has improved and you are trying to make the same people believe it is a lie. You are the personification of stup1dity, I swear. Many are even honest to say they are skeptical and will wait for a while before they celebrate and you are still talking baldadash from your El Rufai paid room somewhere in far away Canada. You are making a fool of yourself

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by mkmyers45(m): 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2012
bashr8: all this one na cry cry , we are more interested in knowing where theres improvement and which areas are still having blackouts.we are waiting for more people(that reside in nigeria not junkies like you and kobojnkie)to comment

Sorry sir but i am disappointed at your words....North East esp Adamawa and Borno are off and on....this is not the first time this sort of boom is happening and definitely not the last...
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by adewasco2k(m): 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2012
what ya saying? improvement ko disprovement ni embarassed
Here in Lokoja, Kogi state in two days i get like 3 hours power supply at most cry cry
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by mkmyers45(m): 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2012
~Cute pie~:
Mkmeyer, try 2 read my comment again.i didnt say we nid 2 be praisin d fg in order 4 us have stable electricity.cos nobody is perfect even u

Miss,

This isnt about perfection but about what is supposed to be? If a fully able man cannot provide for his family is that irresponsibility or lack of perfection?
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by bashr8: 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2012
so no improvement in adamawa, kogi and borno
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by aryzgreat: 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2012
I must commend Gej, Prof Barth Nnaji and NOI for their political, technical and economic will respectively towards making sure d power issue they inherited from past regime is given a speedy and accelerated attention. I salute d doggedness of Prof Nnaji even in the midst of opposition from PHCN dead woods who have sworn to reverting to d status quo. In my area at isolo lagos, power goes off by 12.30 am and comes up around 5:30 am. The improvement is beign attested to by many consumers, there is power through out the day only goes off at nyt when we dont need it. Kudos!
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 4:19pm On Jul 30, 2012
deshclones:

accept the fact that you committed a big blunder..all you aberdeen based nigerians angry angry....you hardly stay in the country yet make noise and complain more than we bonafide citizens of nigeria..we are telling you that power has improved and you are still yarning opata..chillax jor...

Stop yapping like yet another im_bec_ile and focus. You are told by your Government that average output has fall by about 1000MW in the last 6 months. I repeat this information to you. Where is the blunder? What the heck has the information spread by the Nigerian Govermment to do with my location?

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Bukkyade: 4:19pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie: [size=14pt]How can electricity in the country have improved when

a) Transmission problems have yet to be tackled

b) Generation has fallen back down over the last couple of months. It is estimated to be about 2700MW on average per day, today.How can that be an improvement from more than 3900MW we were told of about December of last year
[/size]

na juju
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

If your goal is to rejoice that that power supply has improved(a la increase in power rations to your area at this time) in your tiny are of your state, go right ahead and do just that. However, when you want to speak of Power at the National level, at least visit the facts rather than come off sounding like another of the many empty-brains out there who feels that as long as they have electricity in their home, all is well in NIGERIA.
It would benefit us as a whole if we outgrew this selfish way of analyzing issues and situations.
. Admitt it, there is improvement in power in Nigeria. Transformation in process,if it has not gotten to jus relax it will. GEJ is working.

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by mkmyers45(m): 4:19pm On Jul 30, 2012
bashr8: so no improvement in adamawa, kogi and borno

Definitely no improvement in Lagos cos its not all parts....Please why are you so concerned and why are you taking stock?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Why DSS Sacked 65 Personnel - Vanguard News / I Will Sue The Nigerian Army On Behalf Of Man Beaten By Cadets - John Baptist / Buhari Lays Foundation Of A Shopping Mall In Abakaliki, Ebonyi (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.