Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving (26665 Views)

What Is Wrong With This Picture Of Ribadu And Jonathan? / Just 8 Years Out Of Power-is That Governor Nnamani? / The Nigerian Police Force Is Improving. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by kutchs: 7:06pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Eejit . . at least get your facts right. To this day, all I have said about the man is that he is incompetent as a leader. If you do not know the meaning of the word, please visit the dictionary for some education on what that means. I don't really use words like "clueless" as that implies that he has no idea what he is doing but I don't believe that at all cause it is clear the man knows he is sitting on the future and lives of over 150 million Nigerians.

Every single statement I make of him, I try to base on the facts. If you have a problem with my claims, all you need do is provide counter evidence for it -- and not horseshit for a rebuttal. It is really than simple. If I am responsible for Jonathan Goodluck's appalling record in office, provided evidence to directly counter my claims, or stop whinning and thinking that by attacking this internet identity of mine, you somehow win on behalf of Goodluck Jonathan and Nigerians.
Sorry junkie, ur long essay doesnt change anything not least my opinion of you. I havent said you use the C word but merely accused you of never liking any positive news coming out of Nigeria especially if it relates to GEJ. Why does it pain you so much when something gud is said about the govt? Listen, the evidence that power supply has improved in Naija is there, accept it or not, there is ur bleeping business. FYI GEJ is not working to convince and impress efulefus like you cos u dont matter, he is only doing what he has to do as the president.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by dougivilla(m): 7:13pm On Jul 30, 2012
Frank-C:
Some critics seem just to be comfortable with things going worse, not better. They express deep hurt at any news of improving society and the energy that they will launch to tell you that it is not real or it is not sustainable is so strong that you start feeling that this whole criticism thing is not about getting us all a better society.

Here are folks telling somebody not to use the improvements he has observed in his environment to judge the government efforts but they are comfortable using the perceived lack of the same thing IN THEIR PROXIMITY to judge the administration. No! this is not about getting us a better society, it is about validating some inner conviction that things can never be better!!! But the bad news is that it does not affect reality at all!!!
Thank you dear. Blind criticism is both dangerous and a sign of insincerity. If we really wish or pray 4 a better naija, d starting point is acknowledging no matter how little every positive deviations from d norm. I've personally made some comendations about d improvement in power supply in my area too. Lets join to build. All these PHD- pull him down @ all cost syndrome has to stop.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by edicolove: 7:14pm On Jul 30, 2012
The argument or logic that light improves during rainy season is one of those lies and falsehood some cynics have been repeating over and over again and some gullible guys have started to believe it. Rainy season starts in march/april and ends in october. So by their logic, if power improves in the rainy season, we will have 7 months of improved power every year. That will actually be a great thing, funny enough. There are several factors that have affected power for years. The worst of them is he human factor. The PHCN staff themselves. They just sit idle and let people suffer. Most people who complain about transformer don't realise that the government actually buys those transformers. But the PHCN staff sabotage it. They collect monies from communities and go into their store and bring the one government provided as the one they bought. Sometimes, they steal the transformers and sell it back to the communities. A PHCN guy was recently mobbed by a community for this. An overhaul of PHCN was always going to improve power big time.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2012
I'm living in Arepo in Ogun State. The power condition this area had been so bad! But as the op said, something different happened since about Wednesday last week. For the first time for many months, we were able to have electricity supply for more than 6 hours at a go! I was surprised & I'm still surprised. Everything still look like a "screen saver". However since I'm using prepaid card, I noticed that my card was about to finish. In order to recharge I went to the PHCN office at Isheri. There I found out that In addition to buying more units, PHCN, had put #1,500 fixed charge irrespective of what units you are buying
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 7:17pm On Jul 30, 2012
kutchs: Sorry junkie, ur long essay doesnt change anything not least my opinion of you. I havent said you use the C word but merely accused you of never liking any positive news coming out of Nigeria especially if it relates to GEJ. Why does it pain you so much when something gud is said about the govt? Listen, the evidence that power supply has improved in Naija is there, accept it or not, there is ur bleeping business. FYI GEJ is not working to convince and impress efulefus like you cos u dont matter, he is only doing what he has to do as the president.

I know you find it hard to use your head but please for Nigeria's sake . . try . . .

again . . .
Kobojunkie:

Eejit . . at least get your facts right. To this day, all I have said about the man is that he is incompetent as a leader. If you do not know the meaning of the word, please visit the dictionary for some education on what that means. I don't really use words like "clueless" as that implies that he has no idea what he is doing but I don't believe that at all cause it is clear the man knows he is sitting on the future and lives of over 150 million Nigerians.

Every single statement I make of him, I try to base on the facts. If you have a problem with my claims, all you need do is provide counter evidence for it -- and not horseshit for a rebuttal. It is really than simple. If I am responsible for Jonathan Goodluck's appalling record to date in office, provide evidence to directly counter my claims, or stop whinning and thinking that by attacking this internet identity of mine, you somehow win on behalf of Goodluck Jonathan and Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by najoke: 7:19pm On Jul 30, 2012
honor2011: I'm living in Arepo in Ogun State. The power condition this area had been so bad! But as the op said, something different happened since about Wednesday last week. For the first time for many months, we were able to have electricity supply for more than 6 hours at a go! I was surprised & I'm still surprised. Everything still look like a "screen saver". However since I'm using prepaid card, I noticed that my card was about to finish. In order to recharge I went to the PHCN office at Isheri. There I found out that In addition to bu(u now payying more units, PHCN, had put #1,500 fixed charge irrespective of what units you are buying

Abeg help me tell them o....it is called FRESH AIR(u now pay N500 every month) whether u get light or not.....enjoy ur FRESH AIR
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by kutchs: 7:21pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kachi188:

first, its oyigbo nt obigbo...i live there too, nd d lite situation is nothing 2 write home abt..my area is nt far frm afam, nd yet we've nt seen light since friday...nd there is fuel scarcity in ph nw...i just hope dis power sector reform is nt a joke...
Obigbo has always been a difficult case, a city where everything is wrong in spite of housing the afam power station and being close to ph, poor roads (old aba-ph rd, afam rd, umusoya rd, school rd, market rd), power supply zero, no portable water, security too poor. No wonder i never liked the city though born and bred there.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
No matter much how some people want to critisize GEJ I think this one fact you can denial; improvement power in some places. If your area is still experiencing power faliure, than do what those other places with improve power supply did. The feeler to my nabour is bad. As a result, there is power challenge in his side of the same estate. Instead of getting together his mate who are facing the same problem like we did, his busy blaming FG.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by bashr8: 7:29pm On Jul 30, 2012
na_joke:

Abeg help me tell them o....it is called FRESH AIR(u now pay N500 every month) whether u get light or not.....enjoy ur FRESH AIR
dont be mischievous that 500 naira fixed bill started during OBJ because by the time yaradua came in we were paying it in enugu.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by SisiKill1: 7:30pm On Jul 30, 2012
4 Play: I flew into Nigeria on Saturday and I've witnessed a lot steadier power supply where I am staying, in Awka, Anambra State. It seems this has been the case for the past week at least. As commendable as this, the timeframe is too short for the euphoria. If we have steadier power supply over say 6 months, perhaps, the sense of optimism will be better grounded. This is not the first time we have had what proved to be transient improvements

Exactly!!

Why is this such a hard concept to grasps??!!

I'm ready to put money down that in the next month or two, there will be a new [b]HOW IS POWER SUPPLY IN YOUR AREA [/b]thread where majority of the respondents will be complaining about how they have not had light in days. undecided

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by edicolove: 7:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
honor2011: I'm living in Arepo in Ogun State. The power condition this area had been so bad! But as the op said, something different happened since about Wednesday last week. For the first time for many months, we were able to have electricity supply for more than 6 hours at a go! I was surprised & I'm still surprised. Everything still look like a "screen saver". However since I'm using prepaid card, I noticed that my card was about to finish. In order to recharge I went to the PHCN office at Isheri. There I found out that In addition to buying more units, PHCN, had put #1,500 fixed charge irrespective of what units you are buying

Huh! Those PHCN guys are scamming you big time. The fixed charge is N500 not N1500. And even that is being contested. Many of us have been battling with NERC to remove it. But we don't get much support because people like kobojunkie are only interested in fighting GEJ for power to change to their own candidates instead of joining us to fight the system. Report them to NERC immediately oh. The NERC bb pin is 28F1B6C5 and their twitter handle is @NERCNG. I will try and get their email and phone and post it here. You people confront them and don't let them setup office on your head oh! Its N500 fixed charge monthly for now. This is what I keep saying about citizens doing their own bit. Refuse to be duped! If they talk nonsense, tell them you will report them to NERC. They can't do you anything. This is sad.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 7:40pm On Jul 30, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Exactly!!

I'm ready to put money down that in the next month or two, there will be a new [b]HOW IS POWER SUPPLY IN YOUR AREA [/b]thread where majority of the respondents will be complaining about how they have not had light in days. undecided

abi ooo!!!

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Bawss1(m): 7:46pm On Jul 30, 2012
It is laughable how GEJ apologists are calling this week long improvement in power supply as one of the achievements of this government. I recall a similar thread started sometime last year by Werepelei(sp?) where various Nlanders were reporting ecstatically about the same thing here.

I think many people here are just naive. Let this improvement last till year end and let it be confirmed from all over the country not just big cities before team GEJ can claim this as an achievement.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by tpapi: 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2012
No mata how much pple kip denyin it,power supply has definitely improved
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Ninapha(f): 7:54pm On Jul 30, 2012
honor2011: I'm living in Arepo in Ogun State. The power condition this area had been so bad! But as the op said, something different happened since about Wednesday last week. For the first time for many months, we were able to have electricity supply for more than 6 hours at a go! I was surprised & I'm still surprised. Everything still look like a "screen saver". However since I'm using prepaid card, I noticed that my card was about to finish. In order to recharge I went to the PHCN office at Isheri. There I found out that In addition to buying more units, PHCN, had put #1,500 fixed charge irrespective of what units you are buying
. OMG, how could u tell this big lie on a public forum. Look either d staff wants to exploit u. D fixed charge is 500 naira and not 1500. So now u are sure spending abt 1k a month weda on R2 or R3. If u get anything higher dan this now u can sure make enquiries cos its abnormal.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by jmaine: 7:54pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

abi ooo!!!

So you actually affirmed a post that acknowledged the validity and legitimacy of using respondent's from nairaland to gauge current trends in the polity . . .

but when it suited you yesterday, you posted the below . . .

Kobojunkie: How can a thread with OPINIONS from Nairalanders, many of whom probably live in areas that get allocated more electricity rations than other areas in the same country each month be used to guage improvement in Electricity when the numbers that matter, the National Production levels, tell you that production has actually fallen below 3000MW in the last 6 months, and that the Transmission problem is likely to take longer than expected to settle What the heck Show is this?? angry angry angry angry angry angry
"NIGERIA HAVE YOUR SAY EVEN WHEN THE FACTS SPEAK EVEN MORE CLEARLY OF WHAT IS GOING ON" Nairaland show?

http://allafrica.com/stories/201207290208.html <---- This report is only hours old. Why can we not simply look at the numbers reported from the source to us?

what a shameless twerp embarassed
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Tadup: 7:55pm On Jul 30, 2012
Its temporary
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by edicolove: 7:56pm On Jul 30, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Exactly!!

Some have already been enjoying it for up to 6 months. You should always read thru a thread before you comment. And noone is in any euphoria. Someone put up a simple thread to sample opinion of Nigerians and he is getting responses. How did you know Nigerians were suffering bad power supply? Was it not the same feedback process? You should just keep your head up and stop being negative. A thread like this should be put up every month really. Then we can build a pattern of either progress or failure. If you do get a progress report from it, you should try to beliitle or discredit it just to score a political point.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Jul 30, 2012
jmaine:

So you actually affirmed a post that acknowledged the validity and legitimacy of using respondent's from nairaland to gauge current trends in the polity . . .

but when it suited you yesterday, you posted the below . . .
what a shameless twerp embarassed

Did you bother reading what was posted?

[size=14pt]If we have steadier power supply over say 6 months, perhaps, the sense of optimism will be better grounded. This is not the first time we have had what proved to be transient improvements[/size]

Let me help me translate that . . . there is no way a you can have power supply fall by 100MW/200MW/300MW/500MW/1000MW over a 6-month period, and still have steady power supply to[b] all areas [/b]over the same period. It is not rocket science! I ask again, na juju?

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Carlmax(m): 8:06pm On Jul 30, 2012
Rossikk:

Thank you very much. Anyone who still listens to Kobojunkie on this site needs to have their head examined. Fact is you would have to be living in a cave to not notice that power supply has IMPROVED in Nigeria. And in many areas has DRASTICALLY improved. But Kobojunkie would rather present dodgy statistics claiming power supply has worsened, something she so happens to know from faraway CANADA, even as Nigerians resident here in Nigeria are saying otherwise.

It still hasn't improved much in sapele, even though we produce a reasonable chunk of electricity... But benin don turn small london for light matter..
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by jude33084(m): 8:08pm On Jul 30, 2012
From yesterday till now we still have power in our area wink

From BTC road Ugbowo, Benin city smiley
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by edicolove: 8:08pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Let me help me . . . there is no way a you can have power supply fall by 100MW/200MW/300MW/500MW/1000MW over a 6-month period, and still have steady power supply to[b] all areas [/b]over the same period. It is not rocket science! I ask again, na juju?

You quote statistics from your hideout in diaspora like you work for PHCN. Like it was given to you by Nnaji. We all know your mantra. Its "sieve thru the information. Extract anything that makes GEJ look bad. Propagate it. Rubbish the rest that makes GEJ look good. If you can't find anything that makes GEJ look bad in that pool of information, cook up something. But by all means make the country ungovernable until power changes hands". With the amount of time you spend online, you are definitely a paid agent. Confirmed!
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by jude33084(m): 8:10pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Let me help me translate that . . . there is no way a you can have power supply fall by 100MW/200MW/300MW/500MW/1000MW over a 6-month period, and still have steady power supply to[b] all areas [/b]over the same period. It is not rocket science! I ask again, na juju?

Τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇i§̤̥̈̊ junky guy again?
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by jmaine: 8:11pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Let me help me . . . there is no way a you can have power supply fall by 100MW/200MW/300MW/500MW/1000MW over a 6-month period, and still have steady power supply to[b] all areas [/b]over the same period. It is not rocket science! I ask again, na juju?

That is rubbish cos as we speak . .power is quite steady and that is what matters . .your hypothesis falls flat in the face of proof regarding number of homes receiving appreciable duration of power supply; and that proof is evident with over 80% of the respondent's of this thread Attesting positively to the improvement. And these respondent's cut across various regions . ..
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by occam(m): 8:12pm On Jul 30, 2012
chucky234: Nigeria has spent $25bn with only 3,800MW to show for while Brazil spent $10bn and was able to add 10,000MW to take the power generation capacity to 100,000MW with 201 million people while Nigeria with 168 million people almost tripple that amount just to get 3,800MW yet to masses are jubilating instead of asking questions.
If we don't hold our leaders accountable they will never justify the billions and trillions they spend with nothing meaningful to show for, so many areas are in darkness as I am typing and yet few people who are opportuned to have experience constant power claimed nation improvement.
Haba let's be reasonable and put sentiment aside,the country belong to everyone of us.
People need to ask questions, South Africa with 58 million people generates 45,000MW of electricity yet spend far less than what we spend on power annually and we chose to dance to few weeks of constant power when the country only has less than 1000MW to show for all the billions that has been pumped into the sector in the last 24 months, haba my people this is not about hating or sentiment but am totally concern about the state of the nation.

You're asking too much questions bro. Just accept that power supply is "improving" and you'll be ok. You risk becoming a GEJ hater; a highly punishable offence
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by jude33084(m): 8:14pm On Jul 30, 2012
jmaine:

That is rubbish cos as we speak . .power is quite steady and that is what matters . .your hypothesis falls flat in the face of proof; and that proof is evident with over 80% of the respondent's of this thread Attesting positively to the improvement, and these respondent's cut across various regions . ..

Thank Ɣ☺Ʊ jare wink We are not there yet but very soon we will get there smiley
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Jul 30, 2012
jmaine:

That is rubbish cos as we speak . .power is quite steady and that is what matters . .your hypothesis falls flat in the face of proof regarding number of homes receiving appreciable duration of power supply; and that proof is evident with over 80% of the respondent's of this thread Attesting positively to the improvement. And these respondent's cut across various regions . ..

Whatever floats your boat. I am simply saying that you at least READ what it is you feel supports your delusions argument.

NOWHERE on this post have I hypothesized on the number of homes receiving power. You are the one brandishing claims that these opinions amount to empirical evidence of "improvement" which at the end of the day seems only measured in number of opinions, and not in amount of actual MW in supply over any given period of time.

All I have done so far is simply state that since these "improvements" are not connected with the facts on ground, they are just that, people's individual perceptions and nothing more.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by uncleu(m): 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
What is wrong with this KOBOJUNKIE character? People are telling you that there is an improvement and you are insisting. Has it not improved in your area? Ask your parents if you at all call them.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
uncle u: What is wrong with this KOBOJUNKIE character? People are telling you that there is an improvement and you are insisting. Has it not improved in your area? Ask your parents if you at all call them.

You be mor0n?

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by huncky: 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2012
Yea power supply has really improved in Kano,seriously over the weekend and as i write power supply has been like never before.
Someone somewhere is doing his job.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Rossikk(m): 8:30pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You do know you are not saying anything or answering the question asked. Even in a particular country with over 40,000MW daily generation, and a population of about 60 million, there is still need for more power and power is yet stable in some areas in said country.So are you trying to tell me that with Average daily power supply of 2,700MW, All nigerians have witnessed an improvement over when Nigerians had about 3600MW of power into the system on average? Which kain juju be that one?

This girl you're a born liar. I just showed you a link dated 24th July showing that power generation as of today stands at 3,800 MW, yet you ignored it, preferring to spread lies. You're obviously a cursed human being. Spit.

Here's the link again.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/power/41710-egbin-power-stations-output-hits-1100mw-ceo

I bet you'll ignore it again and keep posting lies.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Rossikk(m): 8:33pm On Jul 30, 2012
uncle u: What is wrong with this KOBOJUNKIE character? People are telling you that there is an improvement and you are insisting. Has it not improved in your area? Ask your parents if you at all call them.

Do you think this one calls anybody in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Misinformation: Dino Melaye Arraigned, Granted Bail / Prison Attack: Bandits Acting A Script, Protect South-west, Gani Adams Warns IGP / How We Used Woman To Lure Lawmaker Who Broke My Marriage, Rob Him Of $2,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.