Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving (26664 Views)

What Is Wrong With This Picture Of Ribadu And Jonathan? / Just 8 Years Out Of Power-is That Governor Nnamani? / The Nigerian Police Force Is Improving. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by SisiKill1: 8:33pm On Jul 30, 2012
uncle u: What is wrong with this KOBOJUNKIE character? People are telling you that there is an improvement and you are insisting. Has it not improved in your area? Ask your parents if you at all call them.

When you start bringing people's parents into it, it shows you've completely lost the argument. undecided

huncky: Yea power supply has really improved in Kano,seriously over the weekend and as i write power supply has been like never before.
Someone somewhere is doing his job.

That's what. . .3 days straight?

Where is the Marching band?!

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Rossikk(m): 8:38pm On Jul 30, 2012
^^^If you weren't stup.id and brainless you would note that 3 days straight power supply in Nigeria signifies a shift and an improvement in the nation's power supply profile. But then again, you've never contributed a farthing to the benefit of the country in your miserable existence.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Damalex4luv(m): 8:42pm On Jul 30, 2012
Eifeh: In ibadan yes, i dont know in other state oo
oga which side 4 ibadan.my own area light no dey oo.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 8:44pm On Jul 30, 2012
Damalex4luv: oga which side 4 ibadan.my own area light no dey oo.

You sure say na Nigeria you dey live at all?
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by agabaI23(m): 8:44pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_fart

You should also read what Wiki said about foul language and compare with your brain fart since you like using it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foul_language
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by jmaine: 8:47pm On Jul 30, 2012
Rossikk: ^^^If you weren't stup.id and brainless you would note that 3 days straight power supply in Nigeria signifies a shift and an improvement in the nation's power supply profile. But then again, you wouldn't know anything as you've never contributed a farthing to the benefit of the country in your miserable existence.

You just have to pity such cynic sad species . . . .They did be the first to scream i said it . .if a similar thread spring's up in the future with negative remarks . . .

when it's positive . .it's not worth it . .when it has to deal with a negative stance . .The ediots will blaze their sirens and trumpets to the high heavens waanking and mastvbating over it . . .
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by oiseworld: 8:51pm On Jul 30, 2012
Johndoe100:

[size=14pt]Why is kobojunkie so so desperate for a negative situation? She is an example of what happens to haters when facts on the ground prove them wrong. She still believes that there are fuel ques and shortages in Nigeria weekly. [/size]

How else do you expect him to justify a 3month desperate desert travelling to europe and then canada, all in the name of greener pastures, only to get their and discouver home has improved drastically. Nobody wants to bee seen as to have made a wrong decision.

So kobo, when you hear positive news from home, it dosen't mean you were wrong to have left, ok. Its just that with or without you things would get better.

Pls Naija's in diasporal, welcome positive news from home, don't be like kobo, we will get there.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On Jul 30, 2012

Reading through some of the posts, one would almost think the all powerful @Kobojunkie is to blame for all the problems in Nigeria, including the fact that average daily power level is at 2700MW and the transmission projects are still not underway.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by UmarSanda: 8:55pm On Jul 30, 2012
Seem like d laptop guys doing dere job, we only enjoy 1 hour of electricity daily in ma area, today sef its zero hour.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Rossikk(m): 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Reading through some of the posts, one would almost think the all powerful @Kobojunkie is to blame for all the problems in Nigeria, including the fact that average daily power level is at 2700MW and the transmission projects are still not underway.

This girl you're a born liar. I just showed you a link dated 24th July showing that power generation as of today stands at 3,800 MW, yet you ignored it, preferring to spread lies. You're obviously a cursed human being. Spit.

Here's the link again.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/power/41710-egbin-power-stations-output-hits-1100mw-ceo

I bet you'll ignore it again and keep posting lies.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by betterbest: 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I love dis caricature, where did u get it? Pls I need it. I would be glad if I could get high resolution
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by SisiKill1: 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2012
Rossikk: ^^^[b]If you weren't stup.id and brainless you would note that 3 days straight power supply in Nigeria signifies a shift and an improvement in the nation's power supply profile. [/b]But then again, you've never contributed a farthing to the benefit of the country in your miserable existence.

Bwahahahahaha! Oh my God! You know, no one has come out to explicitly say they were celebrating 3 straight days of power supply. I mean some people kinda skirted around it while others tried to pretend that it was much longer. I think it is because deep down they knew there's nothing worth celebrating.

So thank you for finally admitting that we are a nation that believes our lot in life is to be bruised and battered by our government and when we get a small pat on the head, instead of the usual swift kick in the stomach, we turn to jelly with eternal gratefulness.

Rotflmao!! Abeg Carry go my brother, celebrate away! By the grace of God, We will reach 4 days and who knows, maybe 7 days won't be something we fantasize about anymore. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Rossikk(m): 9:02pm On Jul 30, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Bwahahahahaha! Oh my God! You know, no one has come out to explicitly say they were celebrating 3 straight days of power supply. I mean some people kinda skirted around it while others tried to pretend that it was much longer. I think it is because deep down they knew there's nothing worth celebrating.

So thank you for finally admitting that we are a nation that believes our lot in life is to be bruised and battered by our government and when we get a small pat on the head, instead of the usual swift kick in the stomach, we turn to jelly with eternal gratefulness.

Rotflmao!! Abeg Carry go my brother, celebrate away! By the grace of God, We will reach 4 days and who knows, maybe 7 days won't be something we fantasize about anymore. cheesy cheesy

People have been '''celebrating'' several months of improved power supply, in which whole days without power cuts are now being experienced. That IS something to commend and encourage, you dumb, worthless wingbat.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by jmaine: 9:03pm On Jul 30, 2012
Rossikk:

This girl you're a born liar. I just showed you a link dated 24th July showing that power generation as of today stands at 3,800 MW, yet you ignored it, preferring to spread lies. You're obviously a cursed human being. Spit.

Here's the link again.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/power/41710-egbin-power-stations-output-hits-1100mw-ceo

I bet you'll ignore it again and keep posting lies.

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 9:03pm On Jul 30, 2012
betterbest:

I love dis caricature, where did u get it? Pls I need it. I would be glad if I could get high resolution

It is my thing naw . . . how I go come share my thing kwanu. wink
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by SisiKill1: 9:04pm On Jul 30, 2012
Rossikk:

People have been '''celebrating'' several months of improved power supply, in which whole days without power cuts are now being experienced. That IS something to commend, you dumb, worthless wingbat.
Suuuuuuuuuuuure, they have. smiley

Bwahahahahahhacheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Suuuuuuuuuuuure, they have. smiley

Bwahahahahahhacheesy cheesy cheesy

Who be that man wey sing "1 step forward, 5 steps backward . .. that's the way we are running . . .". He nailed it!

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Bawss1(m): 9:09pm On Jul 30, 2012
Rossikk: ^^^If you weren't stup.id and brainless you would note that 3 days straight power supply in Nigeria signifies a shift and an improvement in the nation's power supply profile. But then again, you've never contributed a farthing to the benefit of the country in your miserable existence.

What kind of bare faced lie is this? 3 days of straight power signifies a shift and an improvement?? That's how low you have set the bar eh?
I'll advise you to go and modify your post so that you don't look like a dolt who will tell an incredible lie so as not to lose an argument.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by SisiKill1: 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Who be that man wey sing "1 step forward, 5 steps backward . .. that's the way we are running . . .". He nailed it!
Hehehehehehe cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bawss1:

What kind of bare faced lie is this? 3 days of straight power signifies a shift and an improvement?? That's how low you have set the bar eh?
I'll advise you to go and modify your post so that you don't look like a dolt who will tell an incredible lie so as not to lose an argument.

Modify wetin? angry angry

Please oh, let it be. . .after all this is what we have been reduced to celebrating.

I don't know how we will keep out hearts from exploding out of sheer joy and excitement when we hit the 5 days marker.

I hope we have emergency vehicles on site. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by occam(m): 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2012
Rossikk: ^^^If you weren't stup.id and brainless you would note that 3 days straight power supply in Nigeria signifies a shift and an improvement in the nation's power supply profile. But then again, you've never contributed a farthing to the benefit of the country in your miserable existence.

I was in Lagos (Yaba)last month and there was 5 days of straight power supply and the next 3 days it was 24 hrs darkness. After that it was on and off. So where's the trend?

It's irrational to start celebrating over 3 days of power supply. A sustained period (at least 6 months) of continuous supply in most states is a significant shift. Don't you guys get this.

It's not about hating GEJ. Successive govt (in last 20yrs) have promised regular power supply and nada! Let's all wait and see. If power becomes stable we should see significant drop in demand for diesel; growth in industrial output etc. We'll all feel it, see it and rejoice in it. Till then...

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Azumy(f): 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2012
ITbomb: Brothers and sisters in Nigeria, I want to testify of a miracle I encountered this week. The water in the lower compartment of my fridge froze. Can I get a witness in the house?

BLOG | JULY 29, 2012 - 7:57AM | BY SYLVA IFEDIGBO
www.dailytimes.com.ng/opinion/something-wrong-power-improving
tot it was only in ma area no b smal tin oo tnk God sha!
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Johndoe100(m): 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2012
@kobo and sisi_kill

I don't know what you are trying to achieve other than to amuse yourselves, we here in Nigeria are happy, you can't spoil it. Ne happy for us. Congratulate the administration for the good work. If our ways are so strange and the satisfaction we feel at the beginning of power stabilization so painful to you, well you are not Nigerians anyway, so just concentrate on your own country.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by uncleu(m): 9:18pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You be mor0n?
If I am a maron, then you are an idiot. Who is paying you?
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by pazienza(m): 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2012
In my area,we now have light a lot,the whole thing scares me o! I mean,are they up to something or what.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by tashanja(m): 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2012
For over one year we hardly see any light in my area and have to contend with forking over 10K per week on fuel for my generators; but recently (just over one week)we suddenly start getting light, averaging 8 - 10 hours daily.
In fact I am now even getting used to sleeping with light while my pocket is longer being drained as rapidly as before; so for me this is a definite improvement, don't care whether its local, national, or international improvement - what really matters to me is what affects me, and for now thank God I'm finally beginning to get light, pray it continues to improve cool
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 9:21pm On Jul 30, 2012
occam: It's not about hating GEJ. Successive govt (in last 20yrs) have promised regular power supply and nada! Let's all wait and see. If power becomes stable we should see significant drop in demand for diesel; growth in industrial output etc. We'll all feel it, see it and rejoice in it. Till then...

These are some of the same people who hated the last administration, and the one before that for playing the same game on them. These are adults choosing to, maybe temporarily, suspend their ability to critically process information that is before them, just so they can sing HALLELUYA to the current man in office probably for ethnic, religious or psychopathic reasons.

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHGZtSpx_PtKb9Ri0u21BbgEbHJl6lJLj3vYto2OzujYfJLOfbFAhB8Ywl[/img]

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by flexya: 9:21pm On Jul 30, 2012
Damalex4luv: oga which side 4 ibadan.my own area light no dey oo.
I live in between Apata and Omi Adio (in ibadan) and I get more dan 12hrs phcn power per dy. My BQ (which runs off a different power line/transformer, gets about 20hrs. This has been on for over a month. Infact, I can't recall when I last bought fuel for my gen. I admit its not same everywhere in Ibadan cos my welder in ojoo was lamenting how phcn only gave power 2 that area at night. I am one of GEJs biggest critic and he can do no right in my eyes bt even I will swallow humble pie and admit that I can't recall ever havin it this good. On the down side, PHCN bill for last month was over N8k and N3k for BQ!
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by vanitty: 9:24pm On Jul 30, 2012
Buhahahaha, threads like this provides comedy relief

Poster A that lives in Nigeria: Thank God, the power in my area is improving

Poster B that lives in a far far far away country: Shut up, what do you know, I can authoritatively put to you that you are lying, come and see statistics, see links, see this see that

Poster A (now confused) : but all I said was power supply is now improving in my area, when it starts to dwindle, I will come back and inform

Poster B : Ah shut up, you are not intelligent, what do you know, come and see statistics, I have evidence that you are lying

@ Topic, Anyway, I have been informed that things are improving and my people are all over Nigeria , However I doubt this few weeks/month for certain places should be used as a yardstick to measure performances of the relevant bodies.
Let's just wait and see . . . . .

This might be the beginning of having to write another business plan sha, I guess that one of my very very brillant ideas ( generator distributing warehouse) that I have been discussing . . . well more like harassing Hubby about might just need to be thrown out of the windows. Back to the drawing board I go embarassed
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Azumy(f): 9:24pm On Jul 30, 2012
owo: Over the last five days, there has been power in my area for 4 days, 21 hrs. I think this is positive.
seconded!
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Bawss1(m): 9:30pm On Jul 30, 2012
Let's all come back here,Heaven willing, in say October and see how well this so called improvement is faring then maybe we can allow ourselves to shout for joy. I would love to see steady power supply everywhere and personally have no problem with team GEJ claiming that as a victory as long as this improvement is lasting.

3 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by tpapi: 9:41pm On Jul 30, 2012
So d junkie is not even staying in nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Iara Oshiomole Stuns In Blue At Vanguard Awards / Bigadier-General Sule Zakari Is Director-General Of NYSC Now (Photo) / I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.