Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving (26650 Views)

What Is Wrong With This Picture Of Ribadu And Jonathan? / Just 8 Years Out Of Power-is That Governor Nnamani? / The Nigerian Police Force Is Improving. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Clairette(f): 9:42pm On Jul 30, 2012
gossips:

Hmm!
A very selfish view point!
Who really is your neighbour here? The man who shares same block or neighbourhood with you? That certainly is a restricted way of looking at it, don't you think?

Anyway, my view about this whole power-improvement matter is that you don't judge with what happens in your tiny area which doesn't make up to 1/1,000,000 of areas in Naija.
I just liken to the kind of prayer I hear some Nigerian Christians say. that, even if fuel were to go for a 1000naira per litre, it won't matter to them as long as they can afford it. That I consider to be selfishness at its peak and shouldn't be displayed or even condoned by anyone.

Many thanks n God bless u. Educate them n awake their unconscious state of mind.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by ocelot2006(m): 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2012
afrobaby: Which areas are u talking about, power supply in my area is nothing to talk about

Maybe the distribution transformer within your area is faulty. Up here in the north-east (Taraba State), I enjoy close to 23hrs of light everyday (no, it's not a joke).
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by SisiKill1: 10:06pm On Jul 30, 2012
Bawss1: [size=18pt]Let's all come back here,Heaven willing, in say October and see how well this so called improvement is faring then maybe we can allow ourselves to shout for joy. I would love to see steady power supply everywhere and personally have no problem with team GEJ claiming that as a victory as long as this improvement is lasting.[/size]
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by ocelot2006(m): 10:07pm On Jul 30, 2012
@ Kibijunkie, do you currently reside in Nigeria? If not, I suggest you ask friends or relatives that do rather than criticize blindly. Believe it or not, there has been marked improvements in the power sector. These days, most areas across the country enjoy more hours of light. The only downside is the increased bill. And the issue of proper distribution is yet to be tackled fully.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by agabaI23(m): 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Exactly!!

Why is this such a hard concept to grasps??!!

I'm ready to put money down that in the next month or two, there will be a new [b]HOW IS POWER SUPPLY IN YOUR AREA [/b]thread where majority of the respondents will be complaining about how they have not had light in days. undecided
And if they are still jubilant what will happen? You.will start crying abi?
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Zutchy: 10:14pm On Jul 30, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Exactly!!

Why is this such a hard concept to grasps??!!

I'm ready to put money down that in the next month or two, there will be a new [b]HOW IS POWER SUPPLY IN YOUR AREA [/b]thread where majority of the respondents will be complaining about how they have not had light in days. undecided
There you go again,jumping the gun,must every incident in this country of ours be viewed from the negative aspect,can't we just have a ray of hope that maybe,just maybe things are getting better,and this isus moving forward at last,must we be you or KOBOJUNKIE,who is a known pessimist,black hearted individual who it pains whenever there is any sign of progress,left to you it would be your greatest pleasure for Things not to work out well so that you will have grounds to keep on castigating,but guess what,that plan ain't gonna work.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 10:14pm On Jul 30, 2012
ocelot2006: @ Kibijunkie, do you currently reside in Nigeria? If not, I suggest you ask friends or relatives that do rather than criticize blindly. Believe it or not, there has been marked improvements in the power sector. These days, most areas across the country enjoy more hours of light. The only downside is the increased bill. And the issue of proper distribution is yet to be tackled fully.

Stop with the brain-dead suggestions, and take your own advise. Don't criticize blindly. To this point you have not been to refute a single claim I have made of what is happening in Nigeria yet you think telling me I am criticizing blindly makes you appear sane in some way? Really? undecided undecided undecided undecided Instead of you to ask yourself, think, why is it that no one has been able to say for a fact that the numbers I have on generation average per day is wrong but they somehow still say I am wrong . . . ask yourself the questions WHY? Not come on to give imbe_cilic suggestions 10 pages later.

I don't know what location has to do with information that even people in China have access to yet Nigerians in Nigeria refuse to consult before jumping to silly conclusions on here. Please learn to use your head in discussions.

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Jul 30, 2012
For every person with a brain out there . . . these are the numbers . . . prove them wrong or surd off. Show me the lie in clear bold words that are contained in there . . or again, STFU!

[size=14pt]How can electricity in the country have improved when

a) Transmission problems have yet to be tackled

b) Generation has fallen back down over the last couple of months. It is estimated to be about 2700MW on average per day, today.How can that be an improvement from more than 3900MW we were told of about December of last year
[/size]

na juju
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

If your goal is to rejoice that that power supply has improved(a la increase in power rations to your area at this time) in your tiny are of your state, go right ahead and do just that.

However, when you want to speak of Power at the National level, at least visit the facts rather than come off sounding like another of the many empty-brains out there who feels that as long as they have electricity in their home, all is well in NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Realmade: 10:20pm On Jul 30, 2012
I taught it was just my area on the island in lagos, but I was surprised when my colleagues on the mainland attested to the fact that the power situation in their areas have vastly improved. This is the 3rd week running now, and the light has hardly blinked. Inshort, my generator is now like an old cupboard, abandoned n forgotten.
I must commend the FG for this and enjoin them to continue in this stead
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by GAR3TH(m): 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
Though the Installed Capacity of Nigeria has improved with the construction of new power plants, Power generation has still remained the same, Fluctuating between about 3000-4000MW. State and federal government did improve some Distribution and transmission electrical infrastructure but in reality most of the countries electrical infrastructure is yet to be fixed. If you are experiencing an increase in power its most likely because of PHCN deciding where to distribute power. Because power generation has pretty much remained the same.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by SisiKill1: 10:31pm On Jul 30, 2012
agabaI23: And if they are still jubilant what will happen? You.will start crying abi?

If they are jubilant then, of course I will be happy for them, what do I have to gain by not wanting good things for my brothers and sisters. However that is besides the point, which is and has always been. . .STOP CELEBRATING MEDIOCRITY!! DEMAND MORE FROM THE GOVT BECAUSE YOU DESERVE MORE!!!

When people are jumping up and down with paper flutes and party hats because of three straight days of power supply (I don't care how bad it was before) why would the Government want to do more? Why put 100% when the can get the same reaction with an unsteady 25%?

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by SisiKill1: 10:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
GAR3TH: Though the Installed Capacity of Nigeria has improved with the construction of new power plants, Power generation has still remained the same, Fluctuating between about 3000-4000MW. State and federal government did improve some Distribution and transmission electrical infrastructure but in reality most of the countries electrical infrastructure is yet to be fixed. If you are experiencing an increase in power its most likely because of PHCN deciding where to distribute power. Because power generation has pretty much remained the same.

Exactly, this is what Kobo has been saying all morning but all the people who obviously enjoy The peek-o-Boo, Now you see it Next you don't games the FG plays with them. . .refuse to get that.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Eifeh(m): 10:38pm On Jul 30, 2012
Damalex4luv: oga which side 4 ibadan.my own area light no dey oo.
mokola,sango,alaro,idito,poly road, eke-itula and where do you live?
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by ballabriggs: 10:39pm On Jul 30, 2012
Una no understand the scope. The people wan increase fuel price again, so therefore, dem decide supply the light well well for those places wey people head dey hot. If una ask, dem go say "abi you no see say as we increase NEPA money, light done better, If we increase fuel money sef, filling station go better".

Akabo le le O O O O!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg make una chop cassava bread.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by debosky(m): 10:41pm On Jul 30, 2012
It's funny when some people accuse others of quoting articles that support their view, they are doing the exact same thing! cheesy

The claim of 2,700MW appears to be supported by an article saying the following:

Out of the total installed capacity of 7,876mw, only 4,000 is said to be available for now while average daily generation is put at 2,700 although the federal ministry of power is committed to increasing available capacity to 6,300 mws by 2012 and 40,000 mws by 2020.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201207290208.html

Note the use of speculative language without source attribution - 'is said to be' (by whom, when - today?) 'is put at' (by whom, when - last week?)

For those of us who follow football, this is the language you often get in the summer when journalists are making up transfer speculation to sell papers. grin

Now seriously, the use of speculative language does not always mean the content is not true - at worst it is unverifiable. What makes it worse is that the article is a financial conference quoting bankers, who, with due respect, are not the ones you would rely on for accurate power generation figures. Heck we don't even know when they held the 'Bankers' Nite' that was referred to - it was only said to be 'recent'. cheesy

[ok it held on the 18th of July grin]

Now on to the link provided by the proponents of this improvement - Rossike to be precise:

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/power/41710-egbin-power-stations-output-hits-1100mw-ceo

Mike Uzoigwe, the Chief Executive Officer of Egbin Power Station, says the station’s power generation has increased to 1,100 from 900 mega watts. He said that the country’s power generation, which currently stands at 3,800 mw would soon increase.

Note the specificity (1100MW, currently stands at 3,800MW - as of the 24th of July). Best of all, this isn't some beer parlour commentator, this is the CEO of the largest power station in Nigeria making this declaration.

From the available information, with reference date information,

However, as mitigation, there are pretty definitive reports which indicate that power levels have only recently (past 2 months) improved to their current levels:

Our correspondent gathered that the peak power generation on Saturday was 3,164MW, while it was 3,026MW on Sunday. 1st May 2012

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/power-generation-remains-poor-blackout-persists-in-lagos

Now whether that counts as a 'massive improvement', 'small improvement', 'short-lived improvement', 'sustained improvement', or 'distribution anomaly', or any other option you can think of, still remains a matter of debate.

The lack of publicly accessible generation figures is partly responsible for this confusion though - if we could go straight to the 'source' and not rely on dated articles, the argument becomes less about who believes what article.

[Edit] If it was indeed true that levels were at 3900 MW in December, the current figure (from PHCN) of 3,800 MW is still a decrease, not an improvement from December.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by SisiKill1: 10:44pm On Jul 30, 2012
Zutchy: There you go again,jumping the gun,must every incident in this country of ours be viewed from the negative aspect,can't we just have a ray of hope that maybe,just maybe things are getting better,and this isus moving forward at last,must we be you or KOBOJUNKIE,who is a known pessimist,black hearted individual who it pains whenever there is any sign of progress,left to you it would be your greatest pleasure for Things not to work out well so that you will have grounds to keep on castigating,but guess what,that plan ain't gonna work.

Blah, Blah, Blah. . .come back when you have something remotely intelligent to say.

All that blackhearted individual, pessimists, taking pleasure in pain, jealoxer of success,( I swear to God, y'all are scary with what you classify as success) and the rest of the crap you wrote up there is just

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by ITbomb(m): 10:44pm On Jul 30, 2012
For those who never see anything good in another person's effort , nothing good will ever come their way
CC: ACN/CPC Laptop Squad
BCC: kobojunkie
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Jul 30, 2012
ITbomb: For those who never see anything good in another person's effort , nothing good will ever come their way

Abeg stop wasting space showing up the level of id_iocy you are operating with.

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by ocelot2006(m): 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Stop with the brain-dead suggestions, and take your own advise. Don't criticize blindly. To this point you have not been to refute a single claim I have made of what is happening in Nigeria yet you think telling me I am criticizing blindly makes you appear sane in some way? Really? undecided undecided undecided undecided Instead of you to ask yourself, think, why is it that no one has been able to say for a fact that the numbers I have on generation average per day is wrong but they somehow still say I am wrong . . . ask yourself the questions WHY? Not come on to give imbe_cilic suggestions 10 pages later.

I don't know what location has to do with information that even people in China have access to yet Nigerians in Nigeria refuse to consult before jumping to silly conclusions on here. Please learn to use your head in discussions.

Young lady, drop the insults. I asked a simple question: DO YOU CURRENTLY RESIDE IN NIGERIA OR NOT?

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by SisiKill1: 10:54pm On Jul 30, 2012
ITbomb: For those who never see anything good in another person's effort , nothing good will ever come their way

Bwahahahaha!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Okay, all jokes aside. . .how does one respond to this kind of post? I mean really? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Choi! I love my country people, when they don't get you with the emotional heart string tugging rubbish, they move to prayers/cursing.

Dude, if GEJ, OBJ, IBB and the lot can be where they are today after all the cursing heaped on their heads over the years. . .doncha think. . .errr. . .maybe it is time to look for something more intelligent to respond with.

Just sayin' lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 10:54pm On Jul 30, 2012
ocelot2006:

Young lady, drop the insults. I asked a simple question: DO YOU CURRENTLY RESIDE IN NIGERIA OR NOT?

Old MAN, MIND YOUR FKING BUSINESS . . . .
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Rossikk(m): 10:55pm On Jul 30, 2012
tpapi: So d junkie is not even staying in nigeria

Not only that - She hasn't been to Nigeria in over 20 years! She is in Canada telling us what is happening in Nigeria. I've never seen this kind of madness. Maybe somebody cursed her in her village.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by brabus(m): 11:00pm On Jul 30, 2012
I've lived in different parts of the country and when I say something is improving, I knew exactly what I meant.

This is unlike the service I'm getting 2-3 months ago.
Getting at least 18 hours steady such each day, spending less than N4k on fuel in one month, ironing my clothes with NEPA light...

All of the above are happening for the first time this year in the month of July.

Kobonatty, power is improving. Shikenah! Levels don change now - its 3/10 and I'm loving it.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by SisiKill1: 11:00pm On Jul 30, 2012
Rossik taking a break from the HEAVY CELEBRATION of the GREAT IMPROVEMENT?

You sure you can afford to do that? You know how quickly things change around here. . .abeg my brother don't let us interrupt your jubilation oh. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 11:02pm On Jul 30, 2012
brabus: I've lived in different parts of the country and when I say something is improving, I knew exactly what I meant.

This is unlike the service I'm getting 2-3 months ago.
Getting at least 18 hours steady such each day, spending less than N4k on fuel in one month, ironing my clothes with NEPA light...

All of the above are happening for the first time this year in the month of July.

Kobonatty, power is improving. Shikenah! Levels don change now - its 3/10 and I'm loving it.

Are you one of the many daft ones on here? How many times have I said it thus far? Don't tell me what to believe, show me the evidence for this claim.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by jmaine: 11:04pm On Jul 30, 2012
Confirm people for Naija dey hala say power supply don improve . . . .runaway worms for yonder dey bang head for coal tar, say na lie cheesy . . . Shuu . .this drama no be small thing grin . . .

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by debosky(m): 11:13pm On Jul 30, 2012

In short, Kobo, Sisi Kill and others are simply bad belle peepulz! cheesy cheesy

I love naija peeps - it all boils down to envy and hatred. Who cares about facts? grin
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by onthefence: 11:24pm On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie: For every person with a brain out there . . . these are the numbers . . . prove them wrong or surd off. Show me the lie in clear bold words that are contained in there . . or again, STFU!

b) Generation has fallen back down over the last couple of months. It is estimated to be about 2700MW on average per day, today.How can that be an improvement from more than 3900MW we were told of about December of last year
[/size]

na juju

If your goal is to rejoice that that power supply has improved(a la increase in power rations to your area at this time) in your tiny are of your state, go right ahead and do just that.

However, when you want to speak of Power at the National level, at least visit the facts rather than come off sounding like another of the many empty-brains out there who feels that as long as they have electricity in their home, all is well in NIGERIA.
[img]
Kobojunkie: For every person with a brain out there . . . these are the numbers . . . prove them wrong or surd off. Show me the lie in clear bold words that are contained in there . . or again, STFU!

[/size]

na juju

[/img]

[/size]

na juju

Na we de here for naija and na we go tell you whether power improve or not. Forget your useless statistics. Power has improved where I live in Benin City. How difficult is it for you to understand and accept it. Shuo.
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by SaintKizito: 11:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
onthefence: [img][/img]

Na we de here for naija and na we go tell you whether power improve or not. Forget your useless statistics. Power has improved where I live in Benin City. How difficult is it for you to understand and accept it. Shuo.

We pray oooooo
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Revolva(m): 11:35pm On Jul 30, 2012
So what about us are we animals that can't enjoy comon 6hours of electricity even the highest number of hour is 2hour in my area so what is this poster hyping about just because you enjoyed 15hours means next week it will be the same am sure phcn will nak you 2days straight. Darkness lmfao
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by pinkrex(m): 11:40pm On Jul 30, 2012
Rossikk:

Thank you very much. Anyone who still listens to Kobojunkie on this site needs to have their head examined. Fact is you would have to be living in a cave to not notice that power supply has IMPROVED in Nigeria. And in many areas has DRASTICALLY improved. But Kobojunkie would rather present dodgy statistics claiming power supply has worsened, something she so happens to know from faraway CANADA, even as Nigerians resident here in Nigeria are saying otherwise.

That babe is beefing you mehn! Well, 'change' to me, is never valid until it gets to me. Its just like watching t.v, seeing people win cars from product promos that we all patronise, some of us even use more of the products but we never get to win, neither would anyone in my area. But the t.v tingy is gaining audience. Mbok, any change that hasent affected you isnt a change. Please, try not to use your canadian mentality to analyse issues here. Internet eyes arent realit
Re: Something Is Wrong; Power Is Improving by Kobojunkie: 11:50pm On Jul 30, 2012
onthefence:

The above statements highlights the reason why Billions of dollars later, the situation remains as if backwards. This is the exact reason for this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan / Jonathan Campaigns In Gombe (Photos) / Buhari Endorses Akinwunmi Adesina For African Development Bank Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.