Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,191 members, 7,835,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Olympics Canoeing: Akinyemi Crashes Out - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Olympics Canoeing: Akinyemi Crashes Out (7554 Views)

Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 / Johny Akinyemi: Nigeria's First Canoeist In The Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olympics Canoeing: Akinyemi Crashes Out by Okijajuju1(m): 5:11pm On Jul 30, 2012
Who give this guy Nigerian Jersey?! angry

Somebody needs to be probed.. This guy wey yab Nigeria, say we wan collect bribe from am for Airport!! This guy used us to get to the Olympics.. Ehn no qualify for the other country na ehn make e quick quick remember ehn papa name.. When he returns to Nigeria, he should be arrested at the airport, and all the money wey we spend for ehn head should be recovered. Also, make dem collect all our Jersey, socks and everything wey we give am, then deport am..

EHn Mama left leg!! angry

See as the Nama go collect space wey Niger Delta children wey don dey paddle ship for over 15years for collect.. angry
Re: Olympics Canoeing: Akinyemi Crashes Out by KINGwax(m): 5:30pm On Jul 30, 2012
NigeriaKwenu: @Mukina
Why did you ban me for doing nothing?? Or is it a crime to create a thread again??

Afam4eva
you again? If mukina is a female,i think u guys shld talk, and if he's a male, talk na ni. He or she will be a very good sexual partner. Guys who take to the aggressive way of showing love are actually high over heads in love. Afam, whether u be gay or not, whether u get girlfriend or wife, mukina love you, send a private message.
Re: Olympics Canoeing: Akinyemi Crashes Out by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2012
Martini101: I said it that may be this guy wasnt too good to represent GB and he opted 4 Nigeria! He just proved me right, but anyways he tried. Congratz to d guy sha, Atleast, 'he was an Olympian'

Naija!!! If him represent GB,una go talk. Him don represent Naija una still go talk!!!
Re: Olympics Canoeing: Akinyemi Crashes Out by Beetwo(m): 5:50pm On Jul 30, 2012
Okija_juju: Who give this guy Nigerian Jersey?! angry

Somebody needs to be probed.. This guy wey yab Nigeria, say we wan collect bribe from am for Airport!! This guy used us to get to the Olympics.. Ehn no qualify for the other country na ehn make e quick quick remember ehn papa name.. When he returns to Nigeria, he should be arrested at the airport, and all the money wey we spend for ehn head should be recovered. Also, make dem collect all our Jersey, socks and everything wey we give am, then deport am..

EHn Mama left leg!! angry

See as the Nama go collect space wey Niger Delta children wey don dey paddle ship for over 15years for collect.. angry

Hahahaha, take am easy abeg, at least d guy try small wey hin no carry last sef, didnt you notice some chinese among our contingent during d match pass? Wetin carry dem go still dey baffle me, seriously l tink some body own us explanation.
Re: Olympics Canoeing: Akinyemi Crashes Out by jazz04(m): 6:18pm On Jul 30, 2012
I just hope he will accomplish what he said about going to Calabar to set up a canoe club
Re: Olympics Canoeing: Akinyemi Crashes Out by kawkab: 7:01pm On Jul 30, 2012
THE GUY IS GREAT, HE HAS DONE THE BEST HE CAN, LETS WISH HIM THE BEST IN FUTURE
Re: Olympics Canoeing: Akinyemi Crashes Out by empexy(m): 10:43pm On Jul 30, 2012
Babzilla:
Hear hear. Who says its not a Nigerian sport. I betcha one of those fishermen in the south would outshine those other participants. In fact thinking of it, Goodluck should have participated being an ex- fisherman n sh!t.

Jonathan has gone thru hell in the mouths of Nigerians grin
Babzilla:
Hear hear. Who says its not a Nigerian sport. I betcha one of those fishermen in the south would outshine those other participants. In fact thinking of it, Goodluck should have participated being an ex- fisherman n sh!t.

Jonathan has gone thru hell in the mouths of Nigerians
Re: Olympics Canoeing: Akinyemi Crashes Out by adewex(m): 11:02pm On Jul 30, 2012
GREAT MAN! I hate to see Nigerians Compete for Other Countries.. No Matter What.. I LOVE NIGERIA no matter what .....

1 Like

Re: Olympics Canoeing: Akinyemi Crashes Out by Nobody: 3:50am On Jul 31, 2012
Lol, he never swim Imo River finish, he dey go Olympics
Re: Olympics Canoeing: Akinyemi Crashes Out by shilling(f): 8:23am On Jul 31, 2012
The article I read said he was one of the top ranked British canoists when he chose to compete for Nigeria. Obviously, a lot has changed since 2010 or whenever that was. Congrats to him though!!
Re: Olympics Canoeing: Akinyemi Crashes Out by maximum007(m): 8:52am On Jul 31, 2012
WTF? Hw did it happen?
Re: Olympics Canoeing: Akinyemi Crashes Out by blackbeau1(f): 10:36am On Jul 31, 2012
A lesson for nigeria.just because he resides abroad and is acclaimed as the best doesn't necessarily mean he is that good.pick up a local fisherman in the niger delta region,teach him the rules of the game,tell him how much he stands to gain if he wins and watch nigeria pick up the Gold medal.until we start using our local talents,we will never get anywhere.
Re: Olympics Canoeing: Akinyemi Crashes Out by rume(m): 6:26pm On Jul 31, 2012
كلورين: How this guy take be nigerian?
He dosnt look it even small!!!! Colser to brazilan.

So, he has to look a certain way to acknowledge his father's heritage? Is Odemwingie Nigerian by your definition?

deshclones: smh..all these Yoruba brazillians...abeg make i lookout for the pride of biafra..chukwumerije..go bring the gold boy..

Would you type this if he qualified? ...quite sad to read a statement like this.

Martini101: I said it that may be this guy wasnt too good to represent GB and he opted 4 Nigeria! He just proved me right, but anyways he tried. Congratz to d guy sha, Atleast, 'he was an Olympian'

Each country is allowed just one representative in the event so even if he was second or third on the British rankings, he would not have made it. Nonetheless, that doesn't mean he is not good enough. Imagine others from countries where their best is not even ranked it the top 100 in the world. I thought he did okay in the first run despite not qualifying.

black_beau: A lesson for nigeria.just because he resides abroad and is acclaimed as the best doesn't necessarily mean he is that good.pick up a local fisherman in the niger delta region,teach him the rules of the game,tell him how much he stands to gain if he wins and watch nigeria pick up the Gold medal.until we start using our local talents,we will never get anywhere.

??
He competed to make it to the olympics, it was not an open ticket. He competed for GB as a junior. If anything, Ben Boukpeti who competed for Togo had the "free African ticket". He is good at what he does, yes, he did not qualify for the next stage, but he sure did very well. Martikan, the best in the sport made a mistake so it could have happened to anyone. He missed a gate in his second run and that destroyed his chances.

...these are just my thoughts, enjoy the olympics anyway.
Re: Olympics Canoeing: Akinyemi Crashes Out by Freiburger(m): 7:35pm On Jul 31, 2012
كلورين: How this guy take be nigerian?
He dosnt look it even small!!!! Colser to brazilan.
His Father is a Nigerian his mother is English or something, i watched his documentary on CNN.
But i love him coz his decided the represent his father land.
Re: Olympics Canoeing: Akinyemi Crashes Out by Iyegbu(m): 10:17pm On Jul 31, 2012
I am proud of you Akinyemi.

1 Like

Re: Olympics Canoeing: Akinyemi Crashes Out by MickeyBricks(m): 10:57pm On Jul 31, 2012
NigeriaKwenu: @Mukina
Why did you ban me for doing nothing?? Or is it a crime to create a thread again??

Afam4eva

This guy don suffer for mukina hand o, wasnt it just yesterday that you were unbanned??
What was the thread about?
Re: Olympics Canoeing: Akinyemi Crashes Out by MickeyBricks(m): 11:00pm On Jul 31, 2012
KINGwax: you again? If mukina is a female,i think u guys shld talk, and if he's a male, talk na ni. He or she will be a very good sexual partner. Guys who take to the aggressive way of showing love are actually high over heads in love. Afam, whether u be gay or not, whether u get girlfriend or wife, mukina love you, send a private message.

Too funny grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tomorrow Bet9ja Game/code / Nigeria Vs Ecuador: 2022 International Friendly Fri 3rd June Time: 1:30am / COVID-19: All Boxing Events Suspended In January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.