Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,492 members, 7,816,163 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues - Autos (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues (30709 Views)

I Need Car Keyless Entry Remote Fixed On My Camry / Get Replacement Honda Accord And Nissan Maxima Keyless Entry Remote - / 2006 Nissan Maxima Keyless Entry Remote - 3 Button (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by adanny01(m): 12:25am On Jun 29, 2013
Gud day baconline.

The pic below is of a Toyota Prado 2006 model. The car had an accident which after repairs, the remote no longer works. The central lock system is perfect.

I hve tried reprogramming with a sequence i saw on u tube. But no responce from d car. I have changed the battery.

Pls if u know a way out, it will ease my stress of using the key always.

Thanks in anticipation.

Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by baconline(m): 8:47am On Jun 29, 2013
Explain d sequence u used
adanny01: Gud day baconline.

The pic below is of a Toyota Prado 2006 model. The car had an accident which after repairs, the remote no longer works. The central lock system is perfect.

I hve tried reprogramming with a sequence i saw on u tube. But no responce from d car. I have changed the battery.

Pls if u know a way out, it will ease my stress of using the key always.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by adanny01(m): 10:46am On Jun 29, 2013
baconline: Explain d sequence u used

1. With driver door open and others closed, insert and remove key twice within 5 secs

2. Close and open door twice within 40secs

3. Repeat step 1

4. Repeat step 2

5. Insert key in ignition

6. Close door

7. Turn key to on (II) position for 2 secs and lock twice for rewrite code then remove key

8. Doors should lock and open at this point. Press the lock nd unlock buttons at the same time followed by press and hold lock button. Doors should lock and open again

Note: nothing happened at step 8. I was also xpecting blinkers to flash but nothng. I do hear a click sound under d dash after about a min.
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by dgitrader(m): 6:22pm On Jun 29, 2013
dgitrader: hello sir
my 2004 accord has only this one key
please i need full details on how to get a replacement.
i am based in jos.
dgitader@yahoo.com
thanks

Baconline ^^Still awaiting ur reaponse
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by baconline(m): 10:13pm On Jun 29, 2013
adanny01:

1. With driver door open and others closed, insert and remove key twice within 5 secs

2. Close and open door twice within 40secs

3. Repeat step 1

4. Repeat step 2

5. Insert key in ignition

6. Close door

7. Turn key to on (II) position for 2 secs and lock twice for rewrite code then remove key

8. Doors should lock and open at this point. Press the lock nd unlock buttons at the same time followed by press and hold lock button. Doors should lock and open again

Note: nothing happened at step 8. I was also xpecting blinkers to flash but nothng. I do hear a click sound under d dash after about a min.

Ensure door is open.
. Disconnect the negative battery cable, wait minimum
of 5 minutes, then reconnect.
Within 20 seconds of reconnecting the battery cable,
insert the key in the ignition, then
ycle the ignition key from the "ACC" position to the
"ON" position 20 times - leaving the
key in the "OFF" position after the 20th turn.
The vehicle's indicators will flash 20 times to indicate
successful entry. Should the
indicators fail to flash, wait 5 seconds then quickly
turn the ignition switch from the
"ACC" position to the "ON" position 10 times -
leaving the key in the "OFF" position
after the 10th turn. Wait 15 seconds, then recycle the
ignition switch 20 times.
successful entry.
On the 20th flash of the indicators, press the button
once on each transmitter.
8. Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position to lock in
and exit from the programming mode.
Good luck chao!!!
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by baconline(m): 10:25pm On Jun 29, 2013
dgitrader:

Baconline ^^Still awaiting ur reaponse

U need to locate a programmer within your area,I don't know of JOS but I know of kaduna and kano,yur mail box is bouncing d mail back
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by meta4(m): 9:25am On Jun 30, 2013
baconline: yur location will determine ,where is yur location
i'm in Ibadan but i work in lagos
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by dgitrader(m): 12:02pm On Jun 30, 2013
baconline:

U need to locate a programmer within your area,I don't know of JOS but I know of kaduna and kano,yur mail box is bouncing d mail back

Here's the correct email address
dgitrader@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by baconline(m): 3:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
When u are in ibadan give me a call
meta4:
i'm in Ibadan but i work in lagos
When u are in ibadan give me a call
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by meta4(m): 7:57am On Jul 02, 2013
baconline: When u are in ibadan give me a call When u are in ibadan give me a call
ok mail me your contact and price to meta4ng@gmail.com
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by banky3w(m): 8:27am On Jul 02, 2013
pls bro, i have a 97 camry LE V6 that has a remote when i bought it and it was not working. I was told it was d battery and have replaced it twice but to no avail. Need the security work because of high car theft in kaduna here.
Email - banky_3w@yahoo.com
would appreciate a quick response.
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by Afolabs101: 10:44am On Jul 02, 2013
baconline:
Could be just a bad button,or electrical malfunction on d part of d remote assuming do fault is not from the car,post pix of panel of d remote

Thanks boss!!

I'm sure the fault is from the car, cause the panels that cover the three buttons for unlock, lock and trunk release are all missing, so that you can see the green electrical panel beneath.

Is it something that can be easily fixed and do you have a number or email I can reach you on?
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by baconline(m): 12:22pm On Jul 02, 2013
banky3w: pls bro, i have a 97 camry LE V6 that has a remote when i bought it and it was not working. I was told it was d battery and have
replaced it twice but to no avail. Need the security work because of high car theft in kaduna here.
Email - banky_3w@yahoo.com
would appreciate a quick response.
You've got mail
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by baconline(m): 12:25pm On Jul 02, 2013
Afolabs101:

Thanks boss!!

I'm sure the fault is from the car, cause the panels that cover the three buttons for unlock, lock and trunk release are all missing, so that you can see the green electrical panel beneath.

Is it something that can be easily fixed and do you have a number or email I can reach you on?
My contacts on my signature
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by banky3w(m): 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]thanks baconlin
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by Afolabs101: 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2013
baconline:
My contacts on my signature

Nice one, I'll give you a call later
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by baconline(m): 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2013
Cars without d factory keyless entry are advised to look out for 2 way remote systems as against d 1 way readily avaiable in the market
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by baconline(m): 8:48pm On Jul 06, 2013
Smart keys too
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by meta4(m): 11:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
baconline: yur location will determine ,where is yur location
Yes, I have encountered baconline today and I must say he is well knowledgeable in his craft. He was so accomodating and offers sound advise.
I have finally got my remote working as he was able to secure a new one for me as the old one was malfunctioning.
Thank you so much baconline for a job well done.
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by kasillars(m): 10:01am On Jul 19, 2013
Bro, pls, I av a Nisaan murano 2005 model, its keyless start and came with only 1 remote control without a key n no spare remote or key. Pls is it possible 2 make another remote 2 it and may b cut a key?
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by baconline(m): 9:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
meta4:
Yes, I have encountered baconline today and I must say he is well knowledgeable in his craft. He was so accomodating and offers sound advise.
I have finally got my remote working as he was able to secure a new one for me as the old one was malfunctioning.
Thank you so much baconline for a job well done.
oga tx u
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by baconline(m): 9:25pm On Jul 19, 2013
kasillars: Bro, pls, I av a Nisaan murano 2005 model, its keyless start and came with only 1 remote control without a key n no spare remote or key. Pls is it possible 2 make another remote 2 it and may b cut a key?
U mean smart key or remote starter ,post a pix ,a spare can always be made
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by kasillars(m): 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
baconline:
U mean smart key or remote starter ,post a pix ,a spare can always be made

That's d picture ... Its a smart key (bottom start car)

Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by baconline(m): 5:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
kasillars:

That's d picture ... Its a smart key (bottom start car)
Ok, its a twist knob start, and a spare can be programmed to yur car d fcc Id is KBRTN001
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by banky3w(m): 3:35am On Jul 23, 2013
baconline:

pls can u link me up with ur programmer or possibly an electrician in kaduna here? My electrician seems daft about what u said i should ask him (box under d instrument panel)
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by kasillars(m): 10:36am On Jul 23, 2013
baconline:
Ok, its a twist knob start, and a spare can be programmed to yur car d fcc Id is KBRTN001

Yeah, so aw much can sumone buy n programme a spare? And can u do it?
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by kasillars(m): 11:03am On Jul 23, 2013
baconline:
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by baconline(m): 11:43am On Jul 23, 2013
kasillars:

Yeah, so aw much can sumone buy n programme a spare? And can u do it?
Sure, I can do it for u and u will be gone in 5 minutes.50k
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by baconline(m): 11:51am On Jul 23, 2013
banky3w: pls can u link me up with ur programmer or possibly an electrician in kaduna here? My electrician seems daft about what u said i should ask him (box under d instrument panel)
Call me
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by adanny01(m): 1:37pm On Jul 25, 2013
baconline:

Ensure door is open.
. Disconnect the negative battery cable, wait minimum
of 5 minutes, then reconnect.
Within 20 seconds of reconnecting the battery cable,
insert the key in the ignition, then
ycle the ignition key from the "ACC" position to the
"ON" position 20 times - leaving the
key in the "OFF" position after the 20th turn.
successful entry. Should the
indicators fail to flash, wait 5 seconds then quickly
turn the ignition switch from the
"ACC" position to the "ON" position 10 times -
leaving the key in the "OFF" position
after the 10th turn. Wait 15 seconds, then recycle the
ignition switch 20 times.
successful entry.
On the 20th flash of the indicators, press the button
once on each transmitter.
8. Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position to lock in
and exit from the programming mode.
Good luck chao!!!

Am sorry for not replying earlier.

I tried so many times but no response from the car. I didnt try another time because if i remove battery wire, it resets my engine idling settings which will require me to leave engine on idle for almost 20mins to set idle with ac and without ac. Thats some fuel.

I have given up.
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by baconline(m): 11:07pm On Aug 04, 2013
adanny01:

Am sorry for not replying earlier.

I tried so many times but no response from the car. I didnt try another time because if i remove battery wire, it resets my engine idling settings which will require me to leave engine on idle for almost 20mins to set idle with ac and without ac. Thats some fuel.

I have given up.
Hmmm sorry about that,wish I could help more
Re: Car Keyless Entry: remote control Issues by banky3w(m): 9:47pm On Aug 05, 2013
Sorry bro, ma camry is a 98 LE V6 and not a 97.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

2020 Model Benz Gls450 4matic Brand New Good Deal Fully Loaded / Civilian Version Of Vladimir Putin's Limo And Sedan Unveiled At Moscow Auto Show / Mercedes-Benz CLS Models Of Your Choice**Fhemmmy Has Come Again - COME $ GET 1**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.