Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

What Do You Think About Eternity? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think About Eternity? (11556 Views)

Quran Testifies To The Bible: It Says It Stands Till Eternity / Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? / "How Is An Eternity In Hell A Just Punishment For Only A Human Lifetime Of Sin?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 04, 2012
cyrexx:

dont worry, a god who knows you need 72 heavenly sexy virgins wont overlook ps3 and catalogue of best movies and music ever made. allah is more thoughtful than yahweh in his heaven design. I dont think everyone really want to just be singing and praising a god (yahweh) who feels offended if you dont tell him how great he is.

as for me, if allah can give me just two of those sexy virgins now and hide them from my wife, i will convert to islam with immediate alacrity. i need to be sure that those virgins are real deal. i dont want to buy a no-testing product.LOL
grin grin grin grin grin
dude....u r rily nut grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by akagaba(f): 10:11pm On Aug 04, 2012
cyrexx:

i feel you, bro. the concept of eternity is not well thought out in religions, it has some absurdities and illogicalities.
for instance, how will you enjoy eternity in paradise when you know that some of your non-chrstian family members are roasting alive somewhere else.
you will be forced to worship this loving god who in his omniscience knows that some of your non-christian family members will reject him and be roasted alive forever.

i will prefer to cease to exist than to live in that heaven.
thank goodness, i just remebered that i'm not immortal and i will actually cease to exist one day one day, therefore that heaven/hell crap is irrelevant and not worth disturbing one's brain with.

to me, thats the good news that must be shared to everyone
Hey u, pls dnt say dat, d bible says "my people perish 4lack of knowlege" Heaven and hell is real& if only u hav an iota of idea abt hw terible, horific and deadly d gateway of hell looks like (let alone, hel itself) then u wil flee. No place in ths whole world, america, europe, asia, africa is eva fine, captivatin, breathtakin& amazin enof 2be compared 2d gateway of heaven. When u think of a life free of pains, wories, sorrows, lack, a life ful of abundance, joy, peace, celebration, comfort, then u ar thnkin of heaven, and even at dat u cant thnk enof 2meet up wit d kind of glorious life saints (born again xtians) wil enjoy in heaven. On d otherhand, a life ful of non stop weepin& gnashng of teeth is even underrated compared 2d kind of life, sufferin& humuilation that ther is in hell fire. I cant even wish my worst enemy, hell fire. My dear, i beg u, pls choos heaven& start spreadin d gospel of our lord Jesus 2ur family members and frends so dat u wil hav them all wit u in heaven so that ur eternity may be full. I hav a lot 2tel u if not dat im tired of typing bt mind u, hell fire is jst d temporal waitin place 4sinners. Afta d judgement day, hell (and all in ther) shal b cast in2 d lake of fire. And here, ther is eternal burnin without dieing. Just like wen u ar inside water and evrythng u see is water... So shall it be in d lake of fire, no one wil see d nex person, cus all that wil be seen is fire! Fire! Fire. Pls dear, make up ur mind 2day 2be in heaven by giving ur life 2xst and turn preachng d gudnews 2ur family members too... Be born again. I love u.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by akagaba(f): 10:18pm On Aug 04, 2012
Delafruita: whichever way,i prefer the islamic paradise with its promise of 72virgins.am sure allah wouldnt mind adding a PS3 and a catallogue of the best movies and music ever made
My dear, dont be deceived, such thngs wont exist in paradise. Ther wil be neither marriage nor courtshp. Let alone, any cock and bull virgin story. D muslims ar deceived and led astray, and i pray may God open their eyes 2see ths truth while in earth in Jesus Name, Amen.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by akagaba(f): 10:24pm On Aug 04, 2012
cyexx:

dont worry, a god who knows you need 72 heavenly sexy virgins wont overlook ps3 and catalogue of best movies and music ever made. allah is more thoughtful than yahweh in his heaven design. I dont think everyone really want to just be singing and praising a god (yahweh) who feels offended if you dont tell him how great he is.

as for me, if allah can give me just two of those sexy virgins now and hide them from my wife, i will convert to islam with immediate alacrity. i need to be sure that those virgins are real deal. i dont want to buy a no-testing product.LOL
grin grin grin grin grin
I feel sorry 4u. Ths aint funny cus u ar serious. U ar jst so interestd in vanity and vain thngs and if i may ask u... And wat wil be ur gain/ reward frm ths at d end? U need d holy spirit in ur life asap, bt first, u hav 2b born again. Seriously.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by true2god: 11:09pm On Aug 04, 2012
Ishsoph: I really do not knw how to begin to help u cos ur deeply ingrained beleif has little or no root in the bible and as such ur fear is unfounded. That said, let me try to reason wit u. 1. In d begining God creatd man frm d dust of d ground nd d blew into his nostrils d breath of life nd he became a living soul(Gen. 2:7). Note that d man became a living soul nd not that a soul came to reside in him, hence the warning in Ezekiel 18:20 that a soul that sineth shall die as against d popular belief that d soul is immortal. 2. Eccl. 9:5&10 admonished that watever we can do nw that is worthwhile that we shuld do it while stil alive cos there is no form of life in the grave whr we are going. 3. When man dies he has paid 4 his sin(Rom.6:23). Its inconceivable that he shuld be raised back to life to suffer 4 d same sin. Hence the bible says he who has died has been acquited of hs sin(Rom.6:7). So there is nothing like hell fire as being propagatd today. Infacts that teaching dshonors God because it paints him as being cruel amongst other things. Again one might ask, y did d bible say that after death comes judgment? Jesus pointed out that d judgement of this world hav started(John.12:31) having com to show us the way. So whtever we are doing nw after having shown d way judges us. Its as if we ar nw in placed in judgement whl we watch as our conduct turns out we can deduce to in our mind wether we are fairing good in d judgement or not. Ther4, the judgement ends whenever we breath our last. Its just like someone that has a legal case that has been taking him to court over the yrs, he looks 4ward to having hs judgement whch is the end of court appearances. So is d judgement that follows the dead. Such judgement is witout injustice, infact its d fairest of judgement cos b4 dat time d individual shud hav knw hs stance wit God. If he is a sinner he knws, if he is a righteous person he nd his God knw. 5. Talking abt eternal life being boring, i understand ur fears. But y do u feel bad whn someone u love dies? The simple ans. is that God created in us d desire to live witout death frm d begining.(havin some trouble finding d quotation in Eccl.). We are beset wit such fear nd deep concern because we first tasted life of misery. Hav u been frustratd cos of not reaching some xpectations u set 4 urself due to ur limitation? Be assured u'll reach it nd even xceed it in God's kingdom when His wil shall be done on earth(Math. 6:9, 10). Yes mankind wil leave on earth nd not heaven wit some spirit bodies as theorised by theologians.(Psalms 37:29). Think of various acheivement of man nw even wit their imperfect mind, compare it wit much the aboundant acheivement that they'l be blessed wit in a perfect memory that wil not not be shortened by the brevity of our lives as it is 2day. My brother there many researches to engage in esp. d things that struct us wit mistry 2day whn we'll d grand privildge of unravling these by ourselves nd laugh at the folly of being kept in d dark by imperfection brought abt by sin. That same quotation am looking for also says that mankind cannot knw all that God has made from d start to d finish. U'll live forever trying to knw all these facinating things witout finish. Wht abt bad people causing us fear nd feelings of insecure? They wil be no more cos they'v paid 4 their sin wit death(Psalms:37:9, 10). In conclusion, just do ur utmost to maintain a healthy relationship God nw so that u'll enjoy all these wonderful things whn the memory of this present life wil gradually effaced and we get adjusted to the life then nd enjoy it to d fullest. If u want further clearifications, email me at mikeogele@yahoo.com.
This is a typical Jevoha's witness standard response to the issue of immotality pass down to all of them at ther kingdom halls. Its a regular respone and not new.the fact remains dat the spirit survivees death even after the body is buried (pls read concerning the death of abraham:Gen 15:15, 25:8 and Isaac: Gen 35:29 and Jacob: Gen 49:29,33 and Aaron: Num 20:24 and Moses: Num 27:13, Deut 32:50 and Josiah: 2kings 22:20. The key statement in all these verses is 'gathered unto his pple' or ancestors. And take time to read 1 samuel 28:13 to 14 on the permision God gave the for apperance of the spirit of samuel to saul to pass a message acros. Pls dis is not necromancy or divination but God permiting this occurence.. I lost someone close to me not quiet long and this person had appeared thru dreams to pass messages across. My broda the spirit surely survives after death and dats wat knw in our culture as the spirit of our ancestors.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by illicit(m): 11:10pm On Aug 04, 2012
Ihedinobi: What can I tell you about eternity, I wonder? :/

Perhaps I should tell you about the new body that can't die or be hurt in any way and is capable of things that'd blow your already over-heated mind. Or should I tell you about never needing rest or nourishment and being able to carry on with life in its entirety without ever breaking down? How about the really incredibly interesting things you'd find you could do? The impossibility of impossibility? Should I tell you of inventions and discoveries that'd make Einstein beg to be noticed? Or perhaps of the possibility of traversing the universe without the hindrances of our current mortal structure?

Shall I tell you of the freedom from all the care and worry and fret that currently defines our very existence here? Shall I tell you of music that is yet to be made and enjoyed? What shall I tell you and what shall I leave off? The half of it I haven't even begun to know myself.

Let me just tell you that Eternity is finally Life as it ought to be. . .forever. I don't know about PS3's, but I wouldn't rule out greater fun than that. Sex? Oh, for what na? Even we tire of the thing by the time we've hit 80 (for the real maniacs, of course) and the real fun of it is the depth of intimacy you can plumb with someone really important to you; Eternity promises bonding beyond sex's ability to offer. Just try and imagine life as you know it today without all your moral squabbles and trying to do right when it's more appealing to do wrong, without the exhaustion that takes away from the taste of the success you toiled so hard for, without the fear of betrayal that eats away at the best of relationships, without any need of or possibility of sorrow, pain, terror and whatnot. Try and imagine being able to pursue your noblest goals without time fighting you every step of the way, or to be able to hunt down possibilities of all kinds without the limitations of mortal ability. Even if you could, bro, (and I'm sure you can't) you'd still be light-years away from capturing the amazement, the wonder, the beauty of Eternity with Jesus Christ.
Crap!
why shd u go n enjoy all dis in a place u aint even sure exists after u died in a plane crash here and ur God cant or wont help u cos he didnt cause it.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by illicit(m): 11:12pm On Aug 04, 2012

Perhaps I should tell you about the new body that can't die or be hurt in any way and is capable of things that'd blow your already over-heated mind. Or should I tell you about never needing rest or nourishment and being able to carry on with life in its entirety without ever breaking down? How about the really incredibly interesting things you'd find you could do? The impossibility of impossibility? Should I tell you of inventions and discoveries that'd make Einstein beg to be noticed? Or perhaps of the possibility of traversing the universe without the hindrances of our current mortal structure?

Shall I tell you of the freedom from all the care and worry and fret that currently defines our very existence here? Shall I tell you of music that is yet to be made and enjoyed? What shall I tell you and what shall I leave off? The half of it I haven't even begun to know myself.

Let me just tell you that Eternity is finally Life as it ought to be. . .forever. I don't know about PS3's, but I wouldn't rule out greater fun than that. Sex? Oh, for what na? Even we tire of the thing by the time we've hit 80 (for the real maniacs, of course) and the real fun of it is the depth of intimacy you can plumb with someone really important to you; Eternity promises bonding beyond sex's ability to offer. Just try and imagine life as you know it today without all your moral squabbles and trying to do right when it's more appealing to do wrong, without the exhaustion that takes away from the taste of the success you toiled so hard for, without the fear of betrayal that eats away at the best of relationships, without any need of or possibility of sorrow, pain, terror and whatnot. Try and imagine being able to pursue your noblest goals without time fighting you every step of the way, or to be able to hunt down possibilities of all kinds without the limitations of mortal ability. Even if you could, bro, (and I'm sure you can't) you'd still be light-years away from capturing the amazement, the wonder, the beauty of Eternity with Jesus Christ.
Crap!
why shd u go n enjoy all dis in a place u aint even sure exists after u died in a plane crash here and ur God cant or wont help u cos he didnt cause it.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by akagaba(f): 11:14pm On Aug 04, 2012

Ohhh ths is jst so touching. And im so amazed that i hav someone of like mind. GOD BLES U 4THS REVELATION. Lets spread ths gudnews here and spread d gospet rugedly. We own Nairaland.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by samkoro: 11:18pm On Aug 04, 2012
Believe me,what we do not know is infinitely greater than what we know.Lots of things exists beyond the human flesh and our existence here on earth.Years of personal experiences and experiment has thought me that.The least knowledgable animal or human knows that one day he/she/it will cease to exist on earth.

I experimented on a simple breathing instructions to to elevate my vibration to open up dimension and the result was a clear evidence of soul travel.I had a spinal pain(evidence of the soul not fitting in with the body after returning) at the neck after waking up from a long dream after the exercise.Its all about the extent we can minimaly experience some existence beyond our conscious flesh.

Now ,eternity on Jehovah's side through Jesus Christ the messiah is ecstasy in paradise.Its also a condtion of brightness of things in true colours as never seen before,its fascination miLlions of times greater than the greatest sex,a comfort beyond experience ,and feeling of energy and power beyong what any drug on earth can make you feel.

An eternity like paradise is so peacefull and exciting-full of emotions u can't describe with human words.We often feel some flashes of ecstasy in seconds we cannot describe or find difficult to describe to someone.Like when on the side of the still waters on a bright suny weather with beautifull flowers and butterflies,colourfull birds etc In such environments we hardly tall cos we feel something beyond the noisy city hustle and bustle.We feel certain peace and closeness to nature that was long lost.The above is an analogy of what paradise is.

In all these,any rational human being will wisely understand that paradise is not for impure minds,stained and darkened with the blood of the innocent.Its not for those who are in a religious system that claim to be a religion of peace but gladly supports murder and paradise of 72 virgins.

Paradise is a place that only the emulation of the lifestyle of Jesus Christ-which is peace,love and forgiveness can lead u to,and not murder,vengeance and hate,honor killing,child abuse,slavery as prophesed by mohamed
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by akagaba(f): 11:28pm On Aug 04, 2012
cyrexx:

before anony comes to rudely and wrongfully accuse me of dragging you down due to his crusade of blindly following his religion and see every other belief system as wrong except his own, ask him why eternal punishment is necessary for a so-called omnipotent and omniscient god.
Ask anony if he can torture a living being in eternal hell for eternity for the crime of belonging to a non-christian religion.
Ask him if he will be talking like this if he has been raised a muslim and he believed allah is the almighty god.
Ask him why omniscient god create hell for his creature knowing that most of them will end up there.
Ask him the basis of his morality and let us see if it is truly moral or not.
Ask him if the same god who orders his Jewish followers to murder every man woman and child of non-yahweh worshippers in the old testament is still the same UNCHANGING God the father of Jesus in the new testament...

Look, religion is man-made control mechanisms. Free your mind from mental slavery.
I can see dat d devil has his hand covered in ur eyes, thereby renderin u blind 2spiritual and heavenly thngs. Il advice u 2get born again and give ur life to Jesus xst cus no amount of arguement or xplanation wil penetrate in2 ur heavy-blocked skull and heart. May God hav mercy on u and bring u out of d dark nw. Amen.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by akagaba(f): 11:55pm On Aug 04, 2012
cyrexx:

Mr Truthislight,
fortunately this is where i fully agree with you, although i disagree with some other things you say.
Christians dont know how shallow they sound when they say that they are good because of fear of eternal punishment in hell. So if there is no hell, they will not be moral.
How shallow.
I dont believe in hell and still i do good because its the good thing to do, not because i want reward or fear punishment.
Like i said, if i ever return to christianity it will NEVER be because i fear hell, but because i see a convincing evidence that Yahweh is more than a Jewish conceptions of deity (like Arabian conception of deity in the form of Allah), that Yahweh is really existent and answers prayers like the scriptures says about him. Otherwise, i'm done with religion FOREVER AND EVER.
But like you said, its a talk for another day, lets not derail this thread.
Peace.
Did u say" if u wil eva return 2xtianity?? O how sad! Infact i feel sorry 4u. So whr ar u nw? If only ur eyes can see beyond ur nose that ther is more 2life than wat u see or kno, then u wil b flyin bak 2xtianity. And hear me out, if it may interest u 2kno,. I came 2ths world 4 just one purpose... And that is to find Christ, and live for him. Im an unrepentant Christ' follower with passion driven zeal for his thngs and winning souls 4him. And Glory to God 4d knowlege of him has beautified me and given me an unendin stream of joy, peace and abundance, my peers look up to me cus ive surpased them all cus of my divine connection wit Christ. My dear, until u come in contact wit Jesus xst, then u wil neva undastand d words frm me. U may hav been a xtian in ur mind, bt believe me u wer neva a true xtian cus no true xtian can fal apart. But take it or live it, im living 4 Jesus and i hav no concern abt hell cus im a citizen of heaven by my divine relationship wit Jesus. Ther is no conection btw light and darknes so why shud i fear or worry abt darkness wen im in light. Thnk abt dat.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by akigbemaru: 12:38am On Aug 05, 2012
Africans when would you start thinking with the head not with the cap of /d/I/c/k/ and reclaim your spot in the comity of world discourse?
What ever white does is the best and nothing besides that is pure.
You come to this life solo and God is there is one wants us to live it yolo (you only live once) and forget about your damn eternity.

Religions were built on false pretense just to start with, there was nothing called Jesus, he was just a surreal and fairy tale creature that can only exist in utopian world.
His stories started just like Beowolf and cinderella, despite they are fictions after repeated and reedited through generations transformed to real events.
God can't not judge another, he or she knows that this world was created partially. Then since world was created on a vicious circle, the victors will always rule!

Paradoxically, the countries that revene God most are always the purest in the world. The question is, if GOD was deliberately put these countries at disadvantage?
God favors critical thinking. That's why countries in western world will always be prosper. They are not waiting on God before they eat,
before they marry, before they send kids to school.
God knows the truth, for nothing revealing to anybody his or her plans for us. If judging by current scenario, I would say heaven will boil if there is eternity, because we all have different orientations and perspectives about life and just for GOd to lump us together in heaven will do no justice.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by akagaba(f): 1:01am On Aug 05, 2012
cyrexx: @ OLADEGBU,

Many others love me too and they are not as schizophrenic as your Jesus to throw me (whom he claims to love) into eternal hell with unending agonizing and excruciating pain.

Have a smiley day too.
Its obvious that u ar so bombarded wit fear of ths hell more than evry one here, and it makes me laugh. Ok, im here 4u, let's tok guy , i crave ur indulgence 2read my words patiently thru, let me tell u smthng u need 2kno. U see Heaven and hell? Ther ar real bt Heaven was actually created 4u and all the children of God in ths world, whle hell was created 4satan and his cohorts. Now wen God created man, He made everythng perfect and gud enough 4 living so that we may enjoy, bt satan who was cursed by God knew that his end is a destructiv one (in hell) so he made a vow that never wil he be in dat deadly pit(hell) alone, that he wil gather as many people as posible 2hell. Becus he knows that that is d only way he can prick God's heart i.e hurt God, by deceivin his children. And 4real he set out on dat mission. Startin wit Adam& Eve. He brought out strategies and vices that he wil use in inflicting men and drawin their attention to him just 2hav companions 2himself there in hell. Thats why d bible says "d devil walketh tho and fro, lukin 4who 2devour. So as a result of ths satan's plan and strategy, we hav numerous negative& ungodly vices in d world like pleasur of sin, wickednes, jealousy, murder, hatred, sicknes, failure, poverty, disease,name them; ther ar jst too numerous 2mention and they r vices frm d devil. Ofcus u kno God didnt create them. It came frm d devil (satan) jst 2fulfil his purpos driven mission on earth.its as a result of ths, d bible admonished us "not 2be ignorant of d devices of d devil. Hav u heard d story of Job, hw d devil inflicted him wit al thos vices, yet he didnt give in 2him and didnt give up in life, and at d end he won d battle and lived a victorious life eva after. My dear, nw hear ths, its not Jesus that wil throw peopl to hell, no one was created 4hell. But its satan that is dragng men 2hell jst 2fulfil hs plans. Can u see that nw?... And its only wen u give in, that he takes advantage of u, So all wat u need 2do is to "resist d devil and he wil flee frm u" as instructd in d bible. So u have 2be wise nt 2fal prey 4d devil, when humans ar so cncerned abt sex and marryin 72 virgins, is dat not pleasur of sin whch is d devil's tool 4draggin men hell fire? Nw d way out is ths, kip d devil away frm u by livin for xst and u wil begin 2enjoy d divine blessing and abundance supply of health, joy and wealth that ther ar in xst Jesus. Im a livin testimony, a 26young butiful married lady with an awesome biz and a prosperous/ sucesful family. My spouse has lived for 9yrs nw without sicknes and same is my story. Our finance is flourishng and flowin 2d xtent that we ar nw helpers of others. O yes, that is d kind of life ther is in Christ, so tell me why i shud worry abt hell wen i know wher i am. Its jst like sayin im scared of failure wen im readin my books, attendin classes and undastandin al d subjects well, whch ar basic pre requisites 4pasing exams. How can u say u ar scared of poverty wen u hav a gud and lucrativ biz or job that u ar paid in millions, how can u reconcil that?. thnk abt ths. let me leav u wit ths, Jesus said in d bk of John " i am d light of world, He that followeth me shal nt work in darknes bt shal hav d light of life" nw ' light in ths context means blesings, riches, joy, abundance, peace. Whle darknes means hell, sicknes, sin, poverty etc. So if u dnt truly wanna go 2hell, then follow christ 2day, start by going 2church, get active in his house, pray, read ur bible and pay attention 2ur spirit mor, ok? Hope 2hear frm u. I love u and thats y i had 2let u kno ths cus i want d best 4u.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by akigbemaru: 1:15am On Aug 05, 2012
akagaba: Its obvious that u ar so bombarded wit fear of ths hell more than evry one here, and it makes me laugh. Ok, im here 4u, let's tok guy , i crave ur indulgence 2read my words patiently thru, let me tell u smthng u need 2kno. U see Heaven and hell? Ther ar real bt Heaven was actually created 4u and all the children of God in ths world, whle hell was created 4satan and his cohorts. Now wen God created man, He made everythng perfect and gud enough 4 living so that we may enjoy, bt satan who was cursed by God knew that his end is a destructiv one (in hell) so he made a vow that never wil he be in dat deadly pit(hell) alone, that he wil gather as many people as posible 2hell. Becus he knows that that is d only way he can prick God's heart i.e hurt God, by deceivin his children. And 4real he set out on dat mission. Startin wit Adam& Eve. He brought out strategies and vices that he wil use in inflicting men and drawin their attention to him just 2hav companions 2himself there in hell. Thats why d bible says "d devil walketh tho and fro, lukin 4who 2devour. So as a result of ths satan's plan and strategy, we hav numerous negative& ungodly vices in d world like pleasur of sin, wickednes, jealousy, murder, hatred, sicknes, failure, poverty, disease,name them; ther ar jst too numerous 2mention and they r vices frm d devil. Ofcus u kno God didnt create them. It came frm d devil (satan) jst 2fulfil his purpos driven mission on earth.its as a result of ths, d bible admonished us "not 2be ignorant of d devices of d devil. Hav u heard d story of Job, hw d devil inflicted him wit al thos vices, yet he didnt give in 2him and didnt give up in life, and at d end he won d battle and lived a victorious life eva after. My dear, nw hear ths, its not Jesus that wil throw peopl to hell, no one was created 4hell. But its satan that is dragng men 2hell jst 2fulfil hs plans. Can u see that nw?... And its only wen u give in, that he takes advantage of u, So all wat u need 2do is to "resist d devil and he wil flee frm u" as instructd in d bible. So u have 2be wise nt 2fal prey 4d devil, when humans ar so cncerned abt sex and marryin 72 virgins, is dat not pleasur of sin whch is d devil's tool 4draggin men hell fire? Nw d way out is ths, kip d devil away frm u by livin for xst and u wil begin 2enjoy d divine blessing and abundance supply of health, joy and wealth that ther ar in xst Jesus. Im a livin testimony, a 26young butiful married lady with an awesome biz and a prosperous/ sucesful family. My spouse has lived for 9yrs nw without sicknes and same is my story. Our finance is flourishng and flowin 2d xtent that we ar nw helpers of others. O yes, that is d kind of life ther is in Christ, so tell me why i shud worry abt hell wen i know wher i am. Its jst like sayin im scared of failure wen im readin my books, attendin classes and undastandin al d subjects well, whch ar basic pre requisites 4pasing exams. How can u say u ar scared of poverty wen u hav a gud and lucrativ biz or job that u ar paid in millions, how can u reconcil that?. thnk abt ths. let me leav u wit ths, Jesus said in d bk of John " i am d light of world, He that followeth me shal nt work in darknes bt shal hav d light of life" nw ' light in ths context means blesings, riches, joy, abundance, peace. Whle darknes means hell, sicknes, sin, poverty etc. So if u dnt truly wanna go 2hell, then follow christ 2day, start by going 2church, get active in his house, pray, read ur bible and pay attention 2ur spirit mor, ok? Hope 2hear frm u. I love u and thats y i had 2let u kno ths cus i want d best 4u.

Pls, Mr verbosity, can you think with your head for once and not with your d*c/k. God creates emotion in the mind of all living things. Beneath this emotion, God laces it with Hope and fear. If someone does a good deed, you claim it's from God. If someone acts badly you claim it's devil.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by akagaba(f): 1:26am On Aug 05, 2012
cyrexx:

simple.
Its because the whole god concept of Yahweh and Jesus was the creative imaginations of white ancient Jews.
The white missionaries later forced the concept down our throats and made us believe Yahweh is the true creator.
We blacks now fantasise about white heaven after death.
What a shame.
O yes, i like d last words "what a shame? And truly what a shame on u, decorated wit unbelief, misconceptions, superstition, ridicul and contempt. And what shall u loose if u believ thes thngs, d gospel, d death and ressurection of Jesus, d gudnews, d salvation story, and Jesus as d son of God. Is it not worse that it was true yet u neva believd and on d last day, u ar destroyed, than u believed bt not true yet u ar nt destroyed. Pardon that analogy becus it wil alwas be true, alwas be real, Jesus, as d son of God, who died and resurrected on d 3rd day. I weep in my spirit cus u ve been blindfolded and u stil stagger in unbelief. And wat do i do? Let heaven bear me witnes that ths gospel- d gudnews was preached 2ur ears. May God hav mercy on u in Jesus name.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by mecussey(m): 1:29am On Aug 05, 2012

This is what keeps my faith straight. I am very sure that this God that created sex and made big nyash and breast for us, will surely know what is good for eternity.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by akagaba(f): 1:33am On Aug 05, 2012
akigbemaru:

Pls, Mr verbosity, can you think with your head for once and not with your d*c/k. God creates emotion in the mind of all living things. Beneath this emotion, God laces it with Hope and fear. If someone does a good deed, you claim it's from God. If someone acts badly you claim it's devil.
Guy, mind u, im not a guy, read thru my post again and ul see wher i dispose my identity as a female. Anyway, i dnt hav much 2say 2u cus its not u i was addresin bt cryess, besides ur post shows hw 'inteligent' u ar. Ive neva seen a bundle of confusion and insane writin frm a single person. Wonder if u urslf undastands wat u wrote. U ar truly inteligent, i clap 4u. Pls nex person.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by akagaba(f): 1:41am On Aug 05, 2012
truthislight:

well then, you have just given answer to how you will feel (never getting tierd) if u will be given eternal life were you will ever leave life at your prime.

As long you are fully usefull in this life though imperfect YOU CANT PICK A DAY TO DIE, SO, IF THE USEFULL LIFE KEEPS EXRENDING, U WILL SIMPLY ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS IT WILL LAST.
What you have just said in the bible it says that God has put eternity into the heart of men. Even an old man NEVER wants to die. It is instictive.

Using what you said, whenever u want to consider eternal live, in perfect health, 100% brain capacity. Unlimited resources will ever be pleasant . Infact, the way it is put in the bible is this:

EYES HAVE NOT SEEN, EARS HAVE NOT HEARD, NEITHER HAS IT COME TO THE HEART OF MEN WHAT GOD HAS KEPT IN STORE FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM.

Should help you to know that life eternal WILL NEVER be boring
Peace
My dear, u ar corect. Neva boring at all. I concur. Thanks 4ths.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by akagaba(f): 2:27am On Aug 05, 2012
Wateron: I can see this is a thrend for those that believes not in God. Well it's take deep thought for u to understand somethings. For instance in Islam Allah has told us dt before u enter into aljannah HE will clense u of some of your Human feelings n remove traits like jealousy, enmity from ur heart.

For the guy dt said how do u feel knowing dt ur family member is in he'll roasting we will feel dt way as human living here bt when it's time for eternity all these thought will not come the only once u will remember r those dt r in d paradise with u. It's one of the reason Allah referee to us as those who believed in the unseen n it's a fundamental of being a Muslim. U night want to say dt why shd I believe in the unseen bt I want u to ask u this question, where u there when the earth was made? U find ourselves in this world u herd something's abt this world n u believed. U never see it too.

Heaven n he'll is real if u want a proove of it die now n then u will see it immediately it's just a pity that u can't come back to tell us ur experience.

Hahahahahaha
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by akagaba(f): 2:43am On Aug 05, 2012
cyrexx:

but you know that human spirit has a definite beginning at birth, don't you think it will have a definite end at death, since whatever has a beginning must of necessity have an end?

what do you think
No dear, ther is no end 4 d spirit. Spirits dnt die, else demonic spirits wud hav been killed and not cast away! U grab?
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by akagaba(f): 2:47am On Aug 05, 2012
blogger1.0:

Bro i am not dead, so i don't need to be born again
#if you knw what i mean.
Hey, u got it wrong, cus being born again means gving ur life to xst. Being dead to sin, oops, im too hard on u. If u ar a xtian, then u ar stil a babe desiring milk. U nid 2grow ASAP.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by akagaba(f): 2:49am On Aug 05, 2012
Mahatma Ghandi: The interesting thing about this thread is that it has for allmost 4 pages been devoid of tribal war and almost none existent personal attacks,and am asking myself where are the war lords? Interesting thread though,am really enjoying it as for my opinion I start by quoting someone that said "even if we found ourselves in a situattion where there is no God it will be necessary to invent him" no God means no eternity and everything in the entire universe will be a function of coincidence,come on guys the rhythm of the universe is too organised to be a coincidence someone somewhere must have made it so,I strongly know from all I see that there is God and if so then eternity is sure cos that is where he lives,if there were no God n I choose to believe in him no one will penalise me but if there be God and I choose to ignore him then the consequences will be grave and it is better to be safe than sorry. I hope what I just typed some how lends credence to the existence of an eternity
U too much jare. I concur. Thumbs up. Bt ar u a muslim or xtian?
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by akagaba(f): 2:59am On Aug 05, 2012
samkoro: Believe me,what we do not know is infinitely greater than what we know.Lots of things exists beyond the human flesh and our existence here on earth.Years of personal experiences and experiment has thought me that.The least knowledgable animal or human knows that one day he/she/it will cease to exist on earth.

I experimented on a simple breathing instructions to to elevate my vibration to open up dimension and the result was a clear evidence of soul travel.I had a spinal pain(evidence of the soul not fitting in with the body after returning) at the neck after waking up from a long dream after the exercise.Its all about the extent we can minimaly experience some existence beyond our conscious flesh.

Now ,eternity on Jehovah's side through Jesus Christ the messiah is ecstasy in paradise.Its also a condtion of brightness of things in true colours as never seen before,its fascination miLlions of times greater than the greatest sex,a comfort beyond experience ,and feeling of energy and power beyong what any drug on earth can make you feel.

An eternity like paradise is so peacefull and exciting-full of emotions u can't describe with human words.We often feel some flashes of ecstasy in seconds we cannot describe or find difficult to describe to someone.Like when on the side of the still waters on a bright suny weather with beautifull flowers and butterflies,colourfull birds etc In such environments we hardly tall cos we feel something beyond the noisy city hustle and bustle.We feel certain peace and closeness to nature that was long lost.The above is an analogy of what paradise is.

In all these,any rational human being will wisely understand that paradise is not for impure minds,stained and darkened with the blood of the innocent.Its not for those who are in a religious system that claim to be a religion of peace but gladly supports murder and paradise of 72 virgins.

Paradise is a place that only the emulation of the lifestyle of Jesus Christ-which is peace,love and forgiveness can lead u to,and not murder,vengeance and hate,honor killing,child abuse,slavery as prophesed by mohamed
God bles u my brother. Tru tok.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by akigbemaru: 3:03am On Aug 05, 2012
akagaba: O yes, i like d last words "what a shame? And truly what a shame on u, decorated wit unbelief, misconceptions, superstition, ridicul and contempt. And what shall u loose if u believ thes thngs, d gospel, d death and ressurection of Jesus, d gudnews, d salvation story, and Jesus as d son of God. Is it not worse that it was true yet u neva believd and on d last day, u ar destroyed, than u believed bt not true yet u ar nt destroyed. Pardon that analogy becus it wil alwas be true, alwas be real, Jesus, as d son of God, who died and resurrected on d 3rd day. I weep in my spirit cus u ve been blindfolded and u stil stagger in unbelief. And wat do i do? Let heaven bear me witnes that ths gospel- d gudnews was preached 2ur ears. May God hav mercy on u in Jesus name.
You need to do a reality check on yourself my sister, because you are so gullible. Check yourself again and see how you have been brain-washed. If your Jesus was about taking everybody to heaven, why not merging all the Christians of the world together?
Why is that there is disparity?
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Gee123: 4:14am On Aug 05, 2012
PLS NOTE:
1. Christianity is not a Religion. It simply means living the life of Christ.
2. Eternity is sure and Heaven and Hell are the two side of it.
3. Heaven is a prepared place for a prepared people. No one will get 2 Heaven by surprise or accident.
4. GOD is not going 2 roast his creatures in Hell, its a matter of ur choice. "...I Have set b4 u, Life and death, Light and darkness. choose u this day whom u'll follow but i'll advice u choice Life..." what u choose u get.
5. Remember each day of ur life here no earth u're writting the script of ur eternity by ur actions, words etc.

Don't let the Devil lie 2 u by telling u that eternity is not real. Its a lie from the pit of hell. Choose this day whom u'll serve and Jesus is the only way 2 God the Father. And He alone has the power to save. My dear make ur decision b4 its 2 late. Your Life here no earth is just 2 prepare u 4 eternity. Real life starts in eternity. God Bless.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Vicmareal: 5:06am On Aug 05, 2012
@cyrex. Do not b carried away by VAIN ARGUMENT, for this reason God will punish the children of disobedience. Ephesians 5:6. As it was in d tym of Noah, it is today. We didnt cme by our consent, we will nt depart by our consent. We blong 2 God en shall account 4 wot we say no matter how convincin. If evil exists en human sacrifices re real, then u can't deny D place of Righteousnes en Eternal judgement

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by true2god: 7:07am On Aug 05, 2012
Jesus quoted the torah on the word of God to Moses in Matthew 22;32 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jabob. He is not the God of the dead but of the living'. Remember that all these pple had died long before the time of Moses. And yet God affirmed in his word that he is their God and dat they are living. And let not forget when David was mourning the death of one of his sons, he said his son cannot come back to him and that he is the one that will stil go and meet him (2 samuel 12: 22 to 23). Wat about Jesus' own word to the pharisees: 'your father abraham saw my days and was happy'. Yet Abraham died hundreds of yrs before Jesus came to the physical earth. Hw did he see Jesus' days if not in the spirit realm since both of them did not share the same earthly period. On the mount of tranfiguration the spirits of Moses and Elijah appeared to Jesus in the bible. All these facts are clear evidence of life after death and the continuation of life beyond the physical realm. All major religions and our african tradition attest to this fact but in a slightly different dimension. We need to understand that if life ends in this present world den the activities of money ritualist, hired killers, lootin politicians, serial murderers, armed robbers, occultist and the rest will be justifies as means of survival in this present world. Jesus asked: wat does it profit a man if he gained the whole world and lose his lose or wat shall a man give for the exchange of his soul. That means that human soul can be lost and human soul is more valuable than the entire universe. If human soul or spirit exist only in this physical world that means that christ was wrong in his statement. I always choose to use the word of christ on immortality because he is the only one in the bible that spoke volume about soul and immortality and he was before the beginning of the world system and order. In order word his word is more weighty on this topic.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by cyrexx: 7:37am On Aug 05, 2012

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by traeces(m): 7:59am On Aug 05, 2012
Well I used to think like most people here until I began to experience the reality God is when I began to hear his voice, see his acts in response to my petitions, experience his wondrous glory & touch & generally enjoy his presence. Then I understood what the psalmist meant when he wrote in Ps 84:10 "For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than to dwell in the tents of wickedness" Friends, what God has prepared for those who love him beats the Imagination & you'd better be preparing for it.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Anniesalis(f): 8:11am On Aug 05, 2012
blogger1.0:

What i want is that when i die, let my soul and everything about me die alongside me to, let me not exist in any other form again. Thats what i want.

aint u sure of making heaven?
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by cyrexx: 8:15am On Aug 05, 2012
akagaba: No dear, ther is no end 4 d spirit. Spirits dnt die, else demonic spirits wud hav been killed and not cast away! U grab?

evil spirits are not born like human spirits, you know.

besides can you define a spirit?
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by cyrexx: 8:22am On Aug 05, 2012
akigbemaru:
You need to do a reality check on yourself my sister, because you are so gullible. Check yourself again and see how you have been brain-washed. If your Jesus was about taking everybody to heaven, why not merging all the Christians of the world together?
Why is that there is disparity?

thank you, bro. these threads below gives credence to what you just said now

https://www.nairaland.com/972251/understanding-religious-delusion

https://www.nairaland.com/985567/mind-control-mechanisms-religions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Only Antidote For Sin / This Thread Will Shake The Foundations Of Your Beliefs(Pictures Included)) / Deeper Knowledge in Witch Craft revealed by Edo Witch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.