Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,744 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended (33719 Views)

Quickteller Suspends Funds Transfer To Ecobank / 3rd Party Transfers From Savings Account Now Available On Internet Banking (gtb) / UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by alpontif(m): 12:40pm On Aug 01, 2012
Gtbank is starting to get too comfortable with its pole position in the banking industry....they are starting to treat customers like shit....and the bleeding has started...customers will start leaving, until they get back to their senses
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by genis: 12:45pm On Aug 01, 2012
GTBank should return my Token money or else ..............
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by eliok(m): 12:47pm On Aug 01, 2012
i hope these change will not affect use of ATM card for online transfers
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by fxtopedia(m): 1:28pm On Aug 01, 2012
After BIG rising, is care is not taken the next is BIG FALL!
NONSENSE BANK with poor management!
Did not inform any customer before embarking on such nasty policy.
It is against ETHICS of Banking. angry angry angry angry
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by flexyonline: 1:50pm On Aug 01, 2012
You people are sha bent on demarketing GTB sha! Anyways, it's a strong bank and people that actually recognize value know what they are getting there.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Daresh(f): 2:00pm On Aug 01, 2012
Just spoke to on IT guy in the bank and he said the link was down cos they were activating some security feature. Just logged onto my account and all is well and good with the fund transfer section of my savings account.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Pukkah: 2:02pm On Aug 01, 2012
flexyonline: You people are sha bent on demarketing GTB sha! Anyways, it's a strong bank and people that actually recognize value know what they are getting there.

Your argument is purely emotional and does not address the issues which the people have rightly raised. Or is it a taboo for customers to complain? Are the complaints unreal?
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by EreluY(f): 2:12pm On Aug 01, 2012
DUMP THEM AND MOVE TO ANOTHER BANK THAT DOES BUSINESS MORE ETHICALLY. WHEN THEY START TO LOSE CUSTOMERS IN THE MILLIONS, THEY'LL HAVE A RETHINK.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 01, 2012
SAW THIS COMING....
grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by AjanleKoko: 2:28pm On Aug 01, 2012
You guys are funny.
Why should you not be charged when you transfer money between accounts? Aren't you charged for withdrawing from other banks' ATMs?
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2012
[quote author=orgasm][/quote
]
u obviously don't know what you are talking about
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by jpphilips(m): 2:35pm On Aug 01, 2012
AjanleKoko: You guys are funny.
Why should you not be charged when you transfer money between accounts? Aren't you charged for withdrawing from other banks' ATMs?

wake up!!
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by AjanleKoko: 2:50pm On Aug 01, 2012
jp philips:

wake up!!

You don't want to pay abi. Typical Nigerian, doesn't want to pay for anything. undecided
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 01, 2012
LET 20 or 30 people from NL come together and file a joint suit against GTB

if not no come here they complain.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by souleymon(m): 3:09pm On Aug 01, 2012
JAZES: GT bank is really pissing me off. Imagine them taking such a major decision without any prior notice just cos of cot.
I had to do internet transfer by all means yesterday using my current account only for me to wake up this morning to see that they have debited my current with 9k+.
Its time to shop for another bank that treat their customers right

The Need to Transfer Fund to You
Prompted My Visiting the Bank.For Now
My Account Officer Says, he cant be Precise when
the security Measures will be implemented.
GTBANK it Sucks to be You.
For those desiring 1st bank, hmmm dont dare it for now
1st bank internet banking Goes off in the Morning and Comes up in the Nite,
I only Work with their E-Mail Alert.
Skye Bank doesnt require a TOKEN and you can transfer from Savings Account to other
Banks for a Charge of N200.
Ecobank -Useless, they have refused to issue me a token.Mtschew

1 Like

Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 01, 2012
I had a sad experience with GTB, I wanted to transfer just 8m from my GTB savings to First Bank, they told me its impossible to transfer from Savings, even when other banks do it. I had to call a friend that has a checking acct with them and have them transfer funds from my savings to the guys checking in GTB, and I asked that I need to wire the funds to first bank and they said their RGTS system is down. They offered that I raise a draft payable to First Bank, I raised a draft of 8m and they charged 45,000 for 8m draft, on getting to First Bank, it was not honored, I went back to GTB for them to buy back the draft. On getting there, they charged me another 45,000 to buy back the draft. I spent 90,000 for a useless policy. I swear never to use GTB. First Bank raised 27m draft for me, for just 43,000. GTB is a thieving bank. Beware of GTB.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by scopusng(m): 3:58pm On Aug 01, 2012
Billyonaire: I had a sad experience with GTB, I wanted to transfer just 8m from my GTB savings to First Bank, they told me its impossible to transfer from Savings, even when other banks do it. I had to call a friend that has a checking acct with them and have them transfer funds from my savings to the guys checking in GTB, and I asked that I need to wire the funds to first bank and they said their RGTS system is down. They offered that I raise a draft payable to First Bank, I raised a draft of 8m and they charged 45,000 for 8m draft, on getting to First Bank, it was not honored, I went back to GTB for them to buy back the draft. On getting there, they charged me another 45,000 to buy back the draft. I spent 90,000 for a useless policy. I swear never to use GTB. First Bank raised 27m draft for me, for just 43,000. GTB is a thieving bank. Beware of GTB.

laptop number 2. Millions from GEJ payment.I hail u.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by jpphilips(m): 3:58pm On Aug 01, 2012
AjanleKoko:

You don't want to pay abi. Typical Nigerian, doesn't want to pay for anything. undecided

guy calm down, FBN is not the only bank in Nigeria and they operate at competitive rate, i am still having the feeling that it is a mistake hoping i will hear from my account officer soon, who happens to be a friend. i am not complainig yet, when i do,

first bank will recall the article i wrote about intercontinental in the dailies, i doubt if inter will recover from that shocker anytime soon, perhaps now that they have changed their name.

though i hate the idea of charging "VAT on COT" i believe that should be a matter for another day.

i am not against bank charges but don't touch my money fraudulently, is it too much to ask?

anyways before you start an argument, that post has nothing to do with GTB, it was for someone that asked me to show him proof where FBN miscued.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by ikennaobi(m): 4:04pm On Aug 01, 2012
The issue will be resolved soon:

Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by DualCore1: 4:30pm On Aug 01, 2012
I am getting an error at the point of login validation on the gtbank internet banking platform: "Unable to validate user profile at this time;please try again later" ...is it just me or its general?
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 01, 2012
scopusng:

laptop number 2. Millions from GEJ payment.I hail u.
No be small o. All progressives are in money, except Pro-Bokos like you. Its a shame you wanna stay that way.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 01, 2012
ikennaobi: The issue will be resolved soon:
How soon is soon. GTB savings Transfer has been decapitated by that bank for millions of years now.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Niiade(m): 5:27pm On Aug 01, 2012
AjanleKoko:

You don't want to pay abi. Typical Nigerian, doesn't want to pay for anything.

i dont get u at all, re u charged COT on withdrawing from a savings account?
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by ay0201(m): 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2012
Papasboy: CBN Introduced a Cashless Policy in April 2012 to encourage Cashless transaction and further strengthen E- Banking System in Lagos, Nigeria's Commercial Nerve Center.

GT Bank today 31st July 2012 has Suspended Funds Transfer From Savings Account, Which Means You can Only Transfer Funds From your Current Account to anyone including other GT Bank Customers. ( To generate COT at all cost )

What happens to GT Bank Customers Without CURRENT Account ?

Is it Legal That a bank has to force Customers to Open/Maintain a Current Account So they can compulsorily Charge COT on every transaction ?

Why were Customers Not given prior Notice of Embargo on Funds Transfers FROM Savings Account ?

Is GT Bank on the Brink of Collapse and is embarking on Aggressive Generation of Funds to Survive ? ( Remember Intercontinental bank 25,000 Naira Minimum Deposit )

Is there no CBN Regulation that Guides These Banks ?

You cannot Withdraw More than 500,000 Naira Cash, and you cannot CASHLESSLY transfer your own Money to pay for Goods or Services Rendered EXCEPT you Pay Bank COT and/or Cashless Policy Charges.

I just Hope We will get an "Apologetic Public Notice" that it was a "Technical Error" from the IT Guys angry angry

Na Wa !!! angry angry
I was at the bank today and made a transfer. well i hope it is not true in the long run sha
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by fxtopedia(m): 6:01pm On Aug 01, 2012
Niiade: AjanleKoko:

You don't want to pay abi. Typical Nigerian, doesn't want to pay for anything.

i dont get u at all, re u charged COT on withdrawing from a savings account?

Dude, you need HELP! The token was not free. GTBank Charged 3000 naira for it.
And mind you, for transferring from home the workload had been reduced by customers
who even paid for such service. I can't understand why you are making comment like
a minor
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Niiade(m): 6:03pm On Aug 01, 2012
fx who you talking to first??
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by hardbody: 6:10pm On Aug 01, 2012
Kockane:
Bro, if ur conversant with today's Nigerian banking industry, you'll understand when it cums to bank failure, 90% of the entire industry would fail before the likes of gtb feel a thing. This is an institution I have a lotta respect for due to their high level of professionalism and efficiency. Yes, there myt be isolated cases of innefficiency but to now make it sound like its bcum a norm is not good. And to now suggest the bank is on the brink of failure is downright ridiculous.

I second and third you on the above point. Much as i had their recent attitude, that bank is rock solid and their processes are fool proof. hate them as i could, i still use them and will for some time to come.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by goldenboi(m): 6:38pm On Aug 01, 2012
Daresh: Just spoke to on IT guy in the bank and he said the link was down cos they were activating some security feature. Just logged onto my account and all is well and good with the fund transfer section of my savings account.

are they now being selective cos the mine isnt working as at now. I called customer care but i was told that it was an order from the management ooo....
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by pareto(m): 2:49am On Aug 02, 2012
Some people try to beat bank by transfering from savings accouts so that they wont be charged COT. GTB could have still allow the transfer but charge COT manually. You know what i mean.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by lawbabs: 8:50am On Aug 02, 2012
souleymon:

The Need to Transfer Fund to You
Prompted My Visiting the Bank.For Now
My Account Officer Says, he cant be Precise when
the security Measures will be implemented.
GTBANK it Sucks to be You.
For those desiring 1st bank, hmmm dont dare it for now
1st bank internet banking Goes off in the Morning and Comes up in the Nite,
I only Work with their E-Mail Alert.
Skye Bank doesnt require a TOKEN and you can transfer from Savings Account to other
Banks for a Charge of N200.
Ecobank -Useless, they have refused to issue me a token.Mtschew

I agree with you. I have tried many banks. It is amazing that Skye Bank's internet banking is the best I have seen and used. Unfortunately the bank no dey advertise their internet services like other banks do. It is fast, secured and reliable. I also have initiated transfer to my UK account from the internet banking platform of Skye Bank. I was shocked that I needed not go to the banking hall to transfer pounds from my dom account to UK.

Sometimes, na this so called big banks dey fall person hand...
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by niyi123456: 10:26am On Aug 02, 2012
SKY Bank is the best..
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by rubi96(f): 11:02am On Aug 02, 2012
i want to transfer from another bank to gtb, will it work?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? / Five Common ATM Scams And How To Avoid Them / Banks Now Charge N6.98 For USSD Transactions (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.