Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended (33718 Views)

Quickteller Suspends Funds Transfer To Ecobank / 3rd Party Transfers From Savings Account Now Available On Internet Banking (gtb) / UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by AjanleKoko: 12:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
lawbabs:

I agree with you. I have tried many banks. It is amazing that Skye Bank's internet banking is the best I have seen and used. Unfortunately the bank no dey advertise their internet services like other banks do. It is fast, secured and reliable. I also have initiated transfer to my UK account from the internet banking platform of Skye Bank. I was shocked that I needed not go to the banking hall to transfer pounds from my dom account to UK.

Sometimes, na this so called big banks dey fall person hand...

All those things, GT does them and more.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by urchonox: 1:18pm On Aug 02, 2012
who said that tha story is false should shut up,i personnaly went to GTB to transfer money to other banks,the guy on duty told me that i cant transfer from my savings account except from my current account,my people this is a handwriiting on the wall.ABEG first bank,Diamond bank here i come
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by face76(m): 2:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
I don't understand, I was charged $30 for visa card maintenance fee by GTbank oh
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by AjanleKoko: 2:59pm On Aug 02, 2012
face76: I don't understand, I was charged $30 for visa card maintenance fee by GTbank oh

Why are you keeping a domilicilary account, with a card attached, when you can use their Naira Mastercard to do the same transactions online and abroad, for no additional fees?
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by rayo2002: 9:13pm On Aug 02, 2012
Interesting Ajan.

I have been using the Visa/old Mastercard card now for about 6 years and it has been reliable for me however I have not been able to register the Naira card on some sites commonly Amazon.com which the dollar card can do.

Also last year when I was out I was charged much more above the interbank rate. GTB told me it was due to errors in their system.
carters and zappos dont even accept any card from 9ja
Can you give a rundown on sites which accept Naira mastercard
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by cuteprinz(m): 7:41am On Aug 03, 2012
I used to respect this bank a lot. But now, don't just know what to say sha..check this out https://www.nairaland.com/1007840/gtmobile-application-discontinued
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by face76(m): 4:20pm On Aug 03, 2012
Most of the sites like amazon will not accet the naira master card. With the naira master card, you are charged N1000.00 per ATM withdrawal abroad. FIrst bank charges me $5 for my furstbank visa card card.......whyGTbank dey charge me a whole $30.............,,,this is terrible
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by AjanleKoko: 5:02pm On Aug 03, 2012
rayo2002: Interesting Ajan.

I have been using the Visa/old Mastercard card now for about 6 years and it has been reliable for me however I have not been able to register the Naira card on some sites commonly Amazon.com which the dollar card can do.

Also last year when I was out I was charged much more above the interbank rate. GTB told me it was due to errors in their system.
carters and zappos dont even accept any card from 9ja
Can you give a rundown on sites which accept Naira mastercard

I've used the GT Naira Mastercard on travel sites like booking.com. I have used the card on ATMs and POS terminals around the world. UK, Dubai (regularly), the US, India, and China.

US ecommerce portals will typically bounce a card issued in Nigeria. Though I use VISA (not from GT) as part of my account on Amazon and Zappos. I'm told it has more to do with the billing address not in the US.

Also, you can't use a card from Naija in any Walmart store. Tried that severally.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by ochukoccna: 12:02am On Aug 04, 2012
AjanleKoko: You guys are funny.
Why should you not be charged when you transfer money between accounts? Aren't you charged for withdrawing from other banks' ATMs?
ls that why GT dropped down the limit you can withdraw at their ATMs from 40 to 20k?
So that I pay more(double) for every 2(or multiples of 2) transacations I make using GT ATMs embarassed
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by AjanleKoko: 12:33am On Aug 04, 2012
ochukoccna:
ls that why GT dropped down the limit you can withdraw at their ATMs from 40 to 20k?
So that I pay more(double) for every 2(or multiples of 2) transacations I make using GT ATMs embarassed

You can still withdraw 40k from a GT ATM (if you are a GT customer).
It's not only GT that has made this change. Most other banks are now pegging not-on-us (other bank) transactions on their ATMs at 20k. I used to be able to withdraw 40k at a time from an FBN ATM using other bank cards. Not any more.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by McNelson(m): 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2012
The suspension of the transfer from savings account was due to hackers intruding into their system....I have been using GTBANK for some years now, i dnt have any challenge with them. In terms of internet banking.......they are still the best.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by ahf(m): 5:43am On Aug 05, 2012
GTB has restored the internet banking functions after they concluded the upgrade. they sent emails to that effect.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by ojochidem(m): 7:29am On Aug 05, 2012
ahf: GTB has restored the internet banking functions after they concluded the upgrade. they sent emails to that effect.

It was restored for ONLY Current account holders and not Savings account holders.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by rayo2002: 2:25pm On Aug 05, 2012
ajan you are right tried both visa and naira mastercard in walmart but no show...

you even have to hold cash these days as these cards can mess you up
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by drpat1: 11:37pm On Aug 05, 2012
sad please does anyone know why I can't use GTB naira mastercard in China? sad
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by webstradamus: 11:58pm On Aug 05, 2012
AjanleKoko:

I've used the GT Naira Mastercard on travel sites like booking.com. I have used the card on ATMs and POS terminals around the world. UK, Dubai (regularly), the US, India, and China.

US ecommerce portals will typically bounce a card issued in Nigeria. Though I use VISA (not from GT) as part of my account on Amazon and Zappos. I'm told it has more to do with the billing address not in the US.

Also, you can't use a card from Naija in any Walmart store. Tried that severally.

rayo2002: ajan you are right tried both visa and naira mastercard in walmart but no show...

you even have to hold cash these days as these cards can mess you up

Dunno about u guys but the GTB Naira MasterCard has worked for me in all Walmart outlets I have visited in MN. I even do cashback without any stress.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by olaleye: 12:22am On Aug 25, 2012
I would personally tell you GTB is Guaranteed Trash Bank. I won't say much for now till I return to Nigeria. I think the reason why our dear country is in a state of disarray is because of our careless individual and more importantly collective efforts.

My question to the dude that claimed to have used GTB card here in China is to kindly tell us which Bank ATM he used and in which province? I would personally go there and withdraw all my money from this useless trash bank.

Thank you
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by demmyboy1(m): 7:15am On Aug 26, 2012
GTBank has proved to customers that they are not valued,its being a very difficult time transfering our hard earned money from savings account.They keep telling us to open a current account if transfer is necessary,why is the security upgrade not affecting current account holders?GTBank should kindly come out and reveal its interest in charging COT from customers rather than hiding under the pretence of security upgrade....This is hilarious
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by legalwealth(m): 7:23am On Aug 26, 2012
I'm still making transfer from my GTBank savings account but security is more tight as some numbers are sent to my phone to insert into a confirm page after putting code generated from my hardware token.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by demmyboy1(m): 8:06pm On Aug 26, 2012
@ legal wealth,is this ur claim true?i am saying this because most of us have been trying to transfer money from savings account but to no avail,unless u have a current account that i can understand.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by TCD: 3:27pm On Sep 07, 2012
Well GTb just sent me a mail saying the transfer service is back.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by legalwealth(m): 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2012
I'm saying the truth as I've been using it since with no interuption while others are having issue.
True...

demmyboy1: @ legal wealth,is this ur claim true?i am saying this because most of us have been trying to transfer money from savings account but to no avail,unless u have a current account that i can understand.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by legalwealth(m): 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2012
They might right but it's like they are doing them batch by batch.

TCD: Well GTb just sent me a mail saying the transfer service is back.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Demdem(m): 7:46pm On Sep 07, 2012
TCD: Well GTb just sent me a mail saying the transfer service is back.

Yeah got my mail also this afternoon too
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by olsmade(m): 7:10am On Sep 08, 2012
It has been restored. They claim twas due to some security upgrade.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by legalwealth(m): 9:50am On Sep 08, 2012
That was I what told at GTB branch in Osogbo the second day the hitch started that I went there to speak with customer care and to be frank,mine was never affected.

I used Holy Spirit to blindfold the security officer to skip deactivating mine then.

God answers prayer of the righteous and legal businessman using this service of GTB transfer legally and to affect lives.

olsmade: It has been restored. They claim twas due to some security upgrade.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by ogbonlowob: 9:27am On Oct 25, 2012
Please, kindly respond to this if you know: If I do a GTB online transfer from my current to another persons account, still in GTB, will I get instant alert same day. How long does it take to hit the other persons account in summary? 1hr., or more or less? Thank you very much
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by Daresh(f): 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
ogbonlowob: Please, kindly respond to this if you know: If I do a GTB online transfer from my current to another persons account, still in GTB, will I get instant alert same day. How long does it take to hit the other persons account in summary? 1hr., or more or less? Thank you very much

If you do a trabsfer to any gtbank, it is instant. Immediate and enters right away.
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by uzoexcel(m): 12:25pm On Nov 03, 2012
hey guys, i am newly arrived in the uk for my master studies...i opened a gtb pounds dorm account and left some money there in the hope that once i get here and open my uk bank account i will be able to transfer back via internet banking but i cant seem to see the tab for that online.....am i going about this the wrong way or is there a better way for me to do this...regards
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by legalwealth(m): 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2012
uzoexcel: hey guys, i am newly arrived in the uk for my master studies...i opened a gtb pounds dorm account and left some money there in the hope that once i get here and open my uk bank account i will be able to transfer back via internet banking but i cant seem to see the tab for that online.....am i going about this the wrong way or is there a better way for me to do this...regards

Want to move cash from your GTB Dom Bank account into your UK account.

Yes you can do that but you must have token hardware.

Do you have?
Let me know...
Re: GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended by fxisreal: 1:18pm On Nov 03, 2012
can somebody advice me on the best bank for wire transfer to a broker from nigeria pls. i need to know the charges on $1000 and timming of d fund movement. also need to know on withdraw-er from broker to such bank. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Five Common ATM Scams And How To Avoid Them / Banks Now Charge N6.98 For USSD Transactions (Photo) / We Don’t Know Quantities Of New Notes Printed – CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.