Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance (20955 Views)

Anyim Pius Under Investigation For Funding Pro-Biafra Activities - Sahara Report / Saraki’s Lawyers Stage Walkout At Tribunal / Ameachi: PDP Senators Walkout Was A Plan With Bukola Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by jmaine: 11:27am On Aug 01, 2012
PointB:

Critics would have also believe that the government representative led by Pius Ayim could not attend to their enquiry, but those who actually see that the whole saga is just nothing but grandstanding and fight for their bellies, knowing that the figures are self explanatory.

Thank you, it clearly Self explanatory to the unbiased folks . .It's so simple to compute and conclude logically . . .
Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by ifihearam: 11:30am On Aug 01, 2012
Useless senators,must Ngozzi be present with them,can u imagine they did not give listening ears to SFG and former senate president and his delegates because ngozi is no present. Shame on them,sometimes I feel they consider it an opportunity to question or hear directly from ngozi so it can be written in the pages of news papers that I said this and that to the minister.mtcheew
Where did they get their figure from as 12% as against 56% from the minister? They should be more interested in implementation or completion from the disbursement to MDAs it is only with that they can fault her.
But I think the reverse is the case here. Ngozi has tightened all avenue for them to get free dough. Yeye pple
Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by Gbawe: 11:32am On Aug 01, 2012
PointB:

No, these guys are not ready to use their head. They'll rather follow their commander in propaganda Gbawe, to castigate those who are actually doing their job.

To the likes of Gbawe, another endless talk show at the Senate is more important to Nigeria, rather than a pre-scheduled investment forum the Minister choose to attend. Critics would have also believe that the government representative led by Pius Ayim could not attend to their enquiry, but those who actually see that the whole saga is just nothing but grandstanding and fight for their bellies, know that the figures are self explanatory.

You see how these things pan out? Folks like you will never stop personalizing issues and objectifying others as 'bogeymen'. I suppose no less can be expected from a character indoctrinated to be forever running around, in fear and paranoia, looking for "enemies" everywhere. When I then respond, you will all be running from pillar to post creating 10 pages all devoted to vacuous arguments. You will say I think too highly of myself yet folks like you can never ever contribute your opinion without mentioning Gbawe.

Issues here are very clear and nothing at all to do with Gbawe. Let everyone concerned , whether legislative or executive, show up and give an account of their actions. You cannot dismissively wave this off as "endless talk show" when every discerning and objective Nigerian can see that this is one of the checks-and-balances obligations ,to the Nigerian public, everyone involved must treat with utmost importance.

Pointless trying to distract from that very simple notion via mentioning Gbawe at every opportunity. Even a child can see the central issue here. The Executive arm, totally in character with the spineless and treacherous persona of Mr.President, has sought to conveniently blame legislative "tinkering" publicly for its own inept conduct. The Senators, call them whatever name you want, are not having it. They are refusing to play convenient 'fall guys' to this corrupt and clueless Government that deflects blame towards others every time and everywhere.

Now the legislative arm , even if we think poorly of it, has laudably thrown a challenge to the executive to articulate this "tinkering" publicly to Nigerians while folks like you can only talk glibly and flippantly. No one is fooled and it is very obvious that it is not Gbawe engaging propaganda with the correct submission that all sides should give a public account of their role in this budget debacle. The propagandists would be those who, like Mr. President, want a disdainful, name-calling, childish, distracting and "don't-give-a-damn" attitude deployed to tackle serious National issues.

5 Likes

Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by PointB: 11:53am On Aug 01, 2012
Gbawe:

You see how these things pan out? Folks like you will never stop personalizing issues and objectifying others as 'bogeymen'. I suppose no less can be expected from a character indoctrinated to running around ,in fear and paranoia, looking for "enemies" everywhere. When I then respond, you will all be running from pillar to post creating 10 pages all devoted to vacuous arguments. You will say I think too highly of myself yet folks like you can never ever contribute your opinion without mentioning Gbawe.

Issues here are very clear and nothing at all to do with Gbawe. Let everyone concerned , whether legislative or executive, show up and give an account of their actions. You cannot dismissively wave this off as "endless talk show" when every discerning and objective Nigerian can see that this is one of the checks-and-balances obligations ,to the Nigerian public, everyone involved must treat with utmost importance. Pointless trying to distract from that very simple notion via mentioning Gbawe at every opportunity. Even a child can see the central issue here.

Look at this clown accusing me of creating 10 pages of cyclic argument, when it is obvious he is the champion of long essays. Tell us, in this thread, who has longest and most boring post so far? Do you think I have the time for such, I mean, do you think I am a paid ACN propagandist like you?

Anyone with an ounce of gray matter within their skull knows that the minister alluded to amount release so far as comprising the 56%, while the senators are viewing it from the amount utilized. Now, the first quest is: D[b]o they need the Finance Minister to school them on the 'obvious' fact that some MDA have not utilised their allocation?[/b] Perhaps, yes, as some of these people in the senate are dullards. The second question is must the executive business be held hostage in order to reconcile this figure? Clearly, it is a NO. Their is clearly no reason for the senators grandstanding, unless there is something they are not revealing. But we have a lot daft figures running around with the notion that this 'reconciliation' and it's attendant paparazzi is more important than the Minister's business trip. That you lead that pack is not surprising, judging from your antecedent.

Fortunately, some of are not that daft, nor are we all resident hypocrites!
Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by Gbawe: 12:01pm On Aug 01, 2012
PointB:

Look at this clown accusing me of creating 10 pages of cyclic argument, when it is obvious he the champion of long essay. Tell us on the page, who have the longest and most boring post so far?. Do you think I have the time for such, I mean, do you think I am a paid ACN propagandist like you?

Anyone with an ounce of gray matter within their skull knows that the minister alluded to amount release so far as comprising the 56%, while the senators are viewing it from the amount utilized. Now, the first quest is: D[b]o they need the Finance Minister to school them on the 'obvious' fact that some MDA have not utilised their allocation?[/b] Perhaps, yes, as some of the in the senate are dullards. The second question is must the executive business be held hostage in order to reconcile this figure? Clearly, it is a NO. Their is clearly no reason for the senators grandstanding, unless there is something they are not revealing. But we have a lot daft figures running around with the notion that this 'reconciliation' and it's attendant paparazzi is more important than the Minister's business trip. That you lead that pack is not surprising, judging from your antecedent.

Fortunately, some of are not that daft, nor are we all resident hypocrites!

Here we go again with the usual pattern I hinted at that this m.oron is not clever enough to note let alone avert. You attack others first and when they respond, you turn discussions into a back-and-forth of gutter rants and insults. Every time you open your mouth, it is obvious the inferiority complex, paranoia and innate indoctrination in hatred that drives your 24/7 obsessive malevolence towards others. Read again and see your guilty conscience exposed. Learn to simply submit your own argument and leave Gbawe out of your uncouth and , as is obvious to all, entirely ungracious utterances that only reveals poor breeding.

Running around, looking for avenues to satisfy your rabid hatred of other, with uncouth rants, only exposes your pettiness and distinct lack of intelligence. Try and rise above your limitation for once and concentrate on discussing issues instead of your foul-mouthed obsession with characters.

you will all be running from pillar to post creating 10 pages all

4 Likes

Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by PointB: 12:05pm On Aug 01, 2012
Gbawe:

Here we go again. Every time you open your mouth, it is obvious the inferiority complex, paranoia and innate indoctrination in hatred that drives your 24/7 obsessive malevolence towards others. Read again and see your guilty conscience exposed. Please, submit your own argument and leave Gbawe out of your utterances that only reveals poor breeding.

Running around, looking for avenues to satisfy your rabid hatred of other, with uncouth rants, only exposes your pettiness and distinct lack of intelligence. Try and rise above your limitation for once and concentrate on discussing issues instead of your foul-mouthed obsession with characters.

Chairman of Resident hypocrite, if you cannot stand the kitchen's heat, there is a door.
Attempting to project your fears, weakness, and short-coming on me, has failed severally. Come up with something novel.
Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by pcicero(m): 12:05pm On Aug 01, 2012
If we are concerned about the development of this nation, then we must stop all these bickering in the interest of the nation we claim to love.

What is so sacrosanct about budget implementation if the adequate funding have been allocated? Why is the executive foot-dragging on executing projects meant to benefit the populace but have no qualms about diverting unspent monies into their private pockets at the end of the financial year?

It doesn't bode well on NOI as the manager of our economy if with our level of under-development, monies meant for critical infrastructure are lying idle in bank vaults only to end in people's pockets.
A senator just noted on TV now that Nigeria's internal debt hovers around 5-6 trillion naira.
And a major chunk of that was incurred by GEJ's administration.
That leads me to ask, what have they been doing with our money?

People should cast aside primordial sentiments and ask critical questions if we do not want this nation to fail. We are already on the road to perfidy!

1 Like

Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by otokx(m): 12:05pm On Aug 01, 2012
12.16 is a bad failure by any standard, where are the 40 laptops?
Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by Gbawe: 12:12pm On Aug 01, 2012
PointB:

Chairman of Resident hypocrite, if you cannot stand the kitchen's heat, there is a door.
Attempting to project your fears, weakness, and short-coming on me, has failed severally. Come up with something novel.

Ode. "Heat" from an olodo like you? You may not be clever enough to note it, but I am only pointing out and deconstructing your obsessive personality before the forum lest you engage in revisionism on another thread to the effect of character assassination. No one sees any "heat". All that is obvious is a totally obsessed character, one of many here who all coincidentally happen to be in the fan club of this discredited Government, chasing others around with uncouth and unrequited agbero rants. It is obvious for all to see that you lack basic civility and decorum.
Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by pcicero(m): 12:15pm On Aug 01, 2012
@ PointB:

I don't agree that it is wrong for NASS to summon NOI. She is the coordinating minister of the economy and de-facto prime minister. I don't think it is proper for anyone to absolve her in any crisis situation with regards to our economy.
Part of the excuses being given by MDAs are the processes of getting approvals from BPP and Due process office which are under her purview.
Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by Gbawe: 12:24pm On Aug 01, 2012
pcicero: If we are concerned about the development of this nation, then we must stop all these bickering in the interest of the nation we claim to love.

What is so sacrosanct about budget implementation if the adequate funding have been allocated? Why is the executive foot-dragging on executing projects meant to benefit the populace but have no qualms about diverting unspent monies into their private pockets at the end of the financial year?

It doesn't bode well on NOI as the manager of our economy if with our level of under-development, monies meant for critical infrastructure are lying idle in bank vaults only to end in people's pockets.
A senator just noted on TV now that Nigeria's internal debt hovers around 5-6 trillion naira.
And a major chunk of that was incurred by GEJ's administration.
That leads me to ask, what have they been doing with our money?

People should cast aside primordial sentiments and ask critical questions if we do not want this nation to fail. We are already on the road to perfidy!

Thank you my brother !!! I am glad Nairaland still has your kind as members. What is wrong, whatever side folks are on, for Nigerians to unanimously and logically agree that everyone involved in this budget debacle should give account of issues from their own perspective? What merits insults with such a request if not that fans of the executive arm are uncouth, frustrated, treacherous and lacking civility?

It is a simple request, of utmost checks-and-balances importance, that is absolutely essential for engendering a different way of doing things in a nation that has been traditionally misruled through dictatorial, arbitrary and non-transparent actions from leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by PointB: 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2012
pcicero: @ PointB:

I don't agree that it is wrong for NASS to summon NOI. She is the coordinating minister of the economy and de-facto prime minister. I don't think it is proper for anyone to absolve her in any crisis situation with regards to our economy.
Part of the excuses being given by MDAs are the processes of getting approvals from BPP and Due process office which are under her purview.

I never said it was wrong to invite, even though they can resolve the difference without her presence.

My point is that, I do not agree that the executives should not honour those international commitment because of this matter. Secondly, it was also wrong for the senate not to grant audience to the executive delegation. I think it is demeaning to walk them out without hearing what they had to say. What if the had all the answers?
Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by PointB: 12:37pm On Aug 01, 2012
Gbawe:

Ode. "Heat" from an olodo like you? You may not be clever enough to note it, but I am only pointing out and deconstructing your obsessive personality before the forum lest you engage in revisionism on another thread to the effect of character assassination. No one sees any "heat". All that is obvious is a totally obsessed character, one of many here who all coincidentally happen to be in the fan club of this discredited Government, chasing others around with uncouth and unrequited agbero rants. It is obvious for all to see that you lack basic civility and decorum.

ACN progandist,
The feeling is mutual. I am sure people will start taking you serious, when they see you take on Tinubu, and other thieves in ACN with same vigour, and venom you put in GEj issue. But of course we know that is not possible, as you are ACN's Laptop 1!

Resident Hypocrite!

1 Like

Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by Gbawe: 12:50pm On Aug 01, 2012
PointB:

ACN progandist,
The feeling is mutual. I am sure people will start taking you serious, when they see you take on Tinubu, and other thieves in ACN with same vigour, and venom you put in GEj issue. But of course we know that is not possible, as you are ACN's Laptop 1!

Resident Hypocrite!

Oga, shut up and move on instead of remaining here and disgracing yourself. Your olodo rants , lacking sense and only full of vitriol, keep exposing you as a hateful, feudalisitc and clannish creature who cannot take a break, even for a second, from an animal-like and savage hatred of others.

Who, apart from a hateful and clannish creature like you, has mentioned Political Party here in a straight-forward National issue concerning Senators (many from the PDP) taking on the mainly PDP-led executive arm over Nigeria's National budget? We can trust bigoted olodos like you to always introduce petty, sectional and clannish inanities into everything. What concerns Tinubu, ACN , or any Party for that matter, in this issue you paranoid and hateful reprobate?

Where else do you want to turn your uncouth mouth to? Attacks against Yoruba folk? Parents? What? I hinted at the uncouth back-and-forth you and your ilk engage in after being the one to initiate rancor. Good to see you are not even bright enough to desist from proving me right. All you have is uncouth foulness. Very sad that such an unsavory quality is not matched by even minimal intelligence that can prevent you from talking and making a bigger fool of yourself. You really should learn to shut up.

4 Likes

Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by Demdem(m): 1:07pm On Aug 01, 2012
PointB:

I never said it was wrong to invite, even though they can resolve the difference without her presence.

My point is that, I do not agree that the executives should not honour those international commitment because of this matter. Secondly, it was also wrong for the senate not to grant audience to the executive delegation. I think it is demeaning to walk them out without hearing what they had to say. What if the had all the answers?

1) which one is more important, international commitment or serious domestic issues that will better the lives of its citizens?

Announcing the formal cancellation of the Public Hearing, Senator Ekweremadu said Senators were not happy with the attitude of the Finance Minister neglecting the event for what he described as a less important function in London.

2) Are u aware that this is the second time this meeting is being Re-scheduled all because Ngozi's presence is being needed?

According to Ekweremadu, the hearing was scheduled for last Thursday, but the Minister was in Delta State for another event which forced the Senate to push it for yesterday.
Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by Demdem(m): 1:10pm On Aug 01, 2012
PointB:

ACN progandist,

Resident Hypocrite!

FFFuck ACN and to Hell with the killer party (PDP) however this doesnt mean that u are making sense at all. What has this got to do with the subject matter of this thread?

1 Like

Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by Gbawe: 1:20pm On Aug 01, 2012
Demdem:

FFFuck ACN and to Hell with the killer party (PDP) however this doesnt mean that u are making sense at all. What has this got to do with the subject matter of this thread?

Abeg help me ask OOO. This is a straight-forward issue, concerning all Nigerians, between two important arms of Governance and nothing at all to do with political Parties or personalities. Sad that raw hatred, clannishness and ugly feudalism blinds some from seeing this. All I see, once again, is a fan of GEJ keen to display the sort of 24/7 foul-mouthed hatred of others and childish bellicosity that is out of place and totally uncalled for.

2 Likes

Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by Pukkah: 1:23pm On Aug 01, 2012
The job of selling this bad product is obviously and understandably getting tougher for the minions and underlings.

At first, their boast line used to be that the President's party controls a comfortable majority of both houses of the Legislature. But wait, that boast vanished into thin air when the House of Reps started the budget implementation debate.

They called the Speaker of the House of Reps several unprintable names when the House of Reps started the budget implementation debate. They left the crux of the matter and labelled all the reps as thieves or Boko Haram, as the case may be. They continued and became doubly excited when Okonjo-Iweala countered the Reps with her 56% implementation figure. Emboldened by this, they even called the Reps more names. They bragged that Reps were alone in this and could not alone impeach the President.

That boast too has vanished with the Senators asking the same implementation questions, and vindicating the Reps who had earlier been branded thieves and Boko Haram members. Now the spin line is that the questions are being asked because both houses are hungry and arm-twisting the Executive for their constituency projects. Isn't this a classic case of red herring? Besides, what is the percentage of the constituency projects? What of the remaining executive arm projects?

Imagine if the leadership of the Senate had been from the core North or South West. Then, the now monotonous sing-song of 'our son', 'our detractors' , 'Boko Haram' would have unabashedly rented the air as if previous Presidents were not lampooned or put under the search light.

Imagine if PDP, the President's party, was not in control of both houses of the Legislature? Tales of 'godfathers' and 'tribal conspiracy' would have been rife.

This tribe of paid agents need to face the facts and know when not to push their luck.

4 Likes

Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by Gbawe: 1:26pm On Aug 01, 2012
Pukkah: The job of selling this bad product is obviously and understandably getting tougher for the minions and underlings.

At first their boast line used to be that the President's party controls a comfortable majority of both houses of the Legislature. But wait, that boast vanished into thin air when the House of Reps started the budget implementation debate.

They called the Speaker of the House of Reps several unprintable names when the House of Reps started the budget implementation debate. They left the crux of the matter and labelled all the reps as thieves or Boko Haram, as the case may be. They continued and became doubly excited when Okonjo-Iweala countered the Reps with her 56% implementation figure. Emboldened by this, they even called the Reps more names. They bragged that Reps were alone in this and could not alone impeach the President.

That boast too has vanished with the Senators asking the same implementation questions, and vindicating the Reps who had earlier been branded thieves and Boko Haram members. Now the spin line is that the questions are being asked because both houses are hungry for and arm-twisting the Executive for their constituency projects. Isn't this a classic case of red herring? Besides, what is the percentage of the constituency projects? What of the remaining executive arm projects?

Imagine if the leadership of the Senate had been from the core North or South West. Then the now monotonous sing-song of 'our son', 'our detractors' , 'Boko Haram' would have unabashedly rented the air as if previous Presidents were not lampooned or put under the search light.

Imagine if PDP, the President's party, was not in control of both houses of the Legislature? Tales of 'godfathers' and 'tribal conspiracy' would have been rife.

This tribe of paid agents need to face the facts and know when not to push their luck.

Simple. They are simply shameless.

3 Likes

Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by jmaine: 2:09pm On Aug 01, 2012
Una go wait for impeachment tire . . .Chil till when the NASS over stretch their selfish politics over constituency projects . . .

No need talking too much . . .Na Naija we dey . .No be today . . .

1 Like

Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by PointB: 2:11pm On Aug 01, 2012
Gbawe:

Oga, shut up and move on instead of remaining here and disgracing yourself. Your olodo rants , lacking sense and only full of vitriol, keep exposing you as a hateful, feudalisitc and clannish creature who cannot take a break, even for a second, from an animal-like and savage hatred of others.

Who, apart from a hateful and clannish creature like you, has mentioned Political Party here in a straight-forward National issue concerning Senators (many from the PDP) taking on the mainly PDP-led executive arm over Nigeria's National budget? We can trust bigoted olodos like you to always introduce petty, sectional and clannish inanities into everything. What concerns Tinubu, ACN , or any Party for that matter, in this issue you paranoid and hateful reprobate?

Where else do you want to turn your uncouth mouth to? Attacks against Yoruba folk? Parents? What? I hinted at the uncouth back-and-forth you and your ilk engage in after being the one to initiate rancor. Good to see you are not even bright enough to desist from proving me right. All you have is uncouth foulness. Very sad that such an unsavory quality is not matched by even minimal intelligence that can prevent you from talking and making a bigger fool of yourself. You really should learn to shut up.

I see I hit a raw nerve there. Mr. ACN Propagandist, and resident hypocrite.
You can twist and turn all you like, but those like use see through you know your motive. The reason you and your ilk refuse to see this is a straight forward issue that does not require suspension of government business is not unconnected with your job as ACN paid hack.

Like I said, everyone with an ounce of gray matter, know that the Senate is simply grandstanding on this issue. And there is no evidence to suggest that the executive team sent to their chamber were unable to provide answers to their enquiry.

But hypocrite such as you would rather scheduled business of the executive be put aside to attend a talk show. Well, the Finance Minister had better and more pressing issue to attend at the moment. So folk like you can rant and rave as you like. It's just hot air!
Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by PointB: 2:11pm On Aug 01, 2012
jmaine: Una go wait for impeachment tire . . .Chil till when the NASS over stretch their selfish politics over constituency projects . . .

No need talking too much . . .Na Naija we dey . .No be today . . .

Abeg tell them clowns! grin grin grin grin
Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by Demdem(m): 2:20pm On Aug 01, 2012
No one is talking about impeachment here on this thread. its all about Ngozi's alleged lies as regards the budget and her refusal till date to defend what she said. lets all be focus plssss and dont derail thread.

1 Like

Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by jmaine: 2:29pm On Aug 01, 2012
Everyone can't be blind to certain insinuations being peddled that suit's your fantasy . . .

And i wonder what lie of Iweala are we discussing, simply because peeps are willing to go blind than acknowledge simple facts about Iweala position

You can't fool every one . . .If you must criticise . .do it properly . . .
Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by Gbawe: 2:51pm On Aug 01, 2012
All these back and forth becomes tedious in the end. We should simply wait to see how events play out. Rancid smell will assail the nose sooner or later.
Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by Demdem(m): 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2012
The lie in question is stated in the opening post, i wonder if all really read it undecided:

Dr. Okonjo-Iweala had on Monday claimed that the 2012 capital budget implementation as at June 20, was 56 per cent. However, a document on budget performance submitted to the Senate committee on Finance by the office of the Accountant General of the Federation showed that a total sum of N401, 648, 460, 791 has been so far released with N324, 556, 851, 948 of that amount being cash backed.

According to the document, out of this, only N184, 848, 092, 533 has been utilized as at 20th July 2012, just as capital allocation for 2012 budget stood at N1, 519, 986, 106, 691 and only 21.35 per cent of the total allocation has been cash backed. And the percentage amount utilized from the releases so far stood at 12.16% as at July 20th
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/budget-performance-senators-walk-anyim-ministers-out/

Like i said earlier, its an alleged lie so its left for Ngozi herself to show-up and defend her comments. i see no insinuations here but facts that needs to be put straight by Ngozi herself and that explains the rejection of those that came instead. Anyone can think whatever, it doesnt change these facts.
Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by Akanbiedu(m): 2:59pm On Aug 01, 2012
Gbawe: All these back and forth becomes tedious in the end. We should simply wait to see how events play out. Rancid smell will assail the nose sooner or later.

Not hard to see even tenacious Gbawe is getting tired.

Ah ha
Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by Demdem(m): 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2012
Gbawe: All these back and forth becomes tedious in the end. We should simply wait to see how events play out. Rancid smell will assail the nose sooner or later.

Exactly, by hearing from Ngozi herself and not Ayim. Ngozi is de-facto prime minister, wettin Ayim knows undecided however details of what she will say has already been presented to the senate from her ministry or does she have something else in mind? Time will tell
Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by jmaine: 3:03pm On Aug 01, 2012
just a reminder again . . . .

No point screaming Iweala lied cos she didn't . . .
Here is a similar post i made in a sister thread

Iweala based her 56 % implementation conclusion on funds released so far and not on the entire budget before quipping that 100% implementation is not feasible anywhere in the world . . . .

In contrast, when the comparison is with what was utilized against the entire budget , then the position of the senate is also correct . . . .

The difference is in the parameters used to arrive at their various conclusion's . .

The Federal Executive Council (FEC) today (Wednesday July 25, 2012), confirmed that the implementation of the 2012 budget has reached 56% from 39% as at the end of May.

Briefing State House Correspondents at the end of the council meeting chaired by President Goodluck Jonathan, the minister of finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala said that the 56% represents 324 billion naira of the 404 billion so far released.

www.nairaland.com/1000446/okonjo-iweala-100-budget-implementation-not

Both parties are correct in their own stead . . .simples . . .

Now let's move away from the " She lied part" cos she did not, and dwell on deeper issues like=== >

the need to speed up more release of funds for more projects

The rational of releasing more funds to the Legislooters for new constituency projects while we have thousands of abandoned projects littering every where . .

How well was the released funds spent . . .e.t.c
Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by Gbawe: 3:08pm On Aug 01, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

Not hard to see even tenacious Gbawe is getting tired.

Ah ha

My brother, it is like knocking ones head against a very 'thick' (think olodo) wall. You get nowhere continuing a back-and-forth with hardened reprobates. Best to let subsequent events, as is always the case, prove the point about this "one scandal a day" Government that has, as Okey Ndibe surmised, "mastered the art of complicating simple things".
Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by Demdem(m): 3:09pm On Aug 01, 2012
Just a refresher, latest news in the bloc:

Dr. Okonjo-Iweala had on Monday claimed that the 2012 capital budget implementation as at June 20, was 56 per cent. However, a document on budget performance submitted to the Senate committee on Finance by the office of the Accountant General of the Federation showed that a total sum of N401, 648, 460, 791 has been so far released with N324, 556, 851, 948 of that amount being cash backed.

According to the document, out of this, only N184, 848, 092, 533 has been utilized as at 20th July 2012, just as capital allocation for 2012 budget stood at N1, 519, 986, 106, 691 and only 21.35 per cent of the total allocation has been cash backed. And the percentage amount utilized from the releases so far stood at 12.16% as at July 20th

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/budget-performance-senators-walk-anyim-ministers-out/

the more reason why we need Ngozi to come and explain herself again and not the over-fed Ayim
Re: Budget: Angry Senators Walkout Anyim & Ministers Over Poor Performance by jmaine: 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2012
Saying bullshyte a million times ====> Bullshyte

Doing a Junkie-esque dance can't change simple logical deduction's . . . .

P:S ====> Facts show that one week before the budget brouhaha, the Executive had already pre-planned their budget appraisal quaterly rating as required . . .

so it wasn't the NASS who initiated the proceedings . . .seeing through their desperate politics is evident

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Don’t Encourage Corruption, APC Cautions Sultan, Oritsejafor, Kukah, Others / Armed Policemen Still Guard Melaye In Hospital / Fayemi’s Deputy Reveals How Fayose’s Last-minute Plan Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.