Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,810 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? (5437 Views)

Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). / The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by Logicbwoy: 12:29pm On Aug 02, 2012
maclatunji:

Yes I agree, the battle to save Logicboy from himself is unwinnable. I have an assignment for you. Answer these questions:

1. Did the Prophet(SAW) use/consume items/foods that were tagged as "charity"?

2. Did the Prophet (SAW) use/consume items/foods that were tagged as "gifts"?

3. Are Muslims allowed to use/consume items/foods that are tagged as "charity"?

4. Are Muslims allowed to use/consume items/foods that are tagged as "gifts"?

5. Compare your answers to my first four questions.

Oya bring answers O. You know a ban is still hanging on top of your head for creating Multiple IDs without approval from Admin. grin I may just invoke it if you don't do your homework and properly too. Yes! It's me your "favourite" moderator again. grin

Abeg! Sorry sir......the assignment is too much for me? Where am I going to start to find all the answers to these questions?

But I am guessing that the answer is "no". Zakat is for the less privileged?
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by LagosShia: 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2012
Logicbwoy:
Off topic, but doesnt it shock some people that it is OK to marry your uncle's daughter in islam? What does science tell us about doing that? Birth defects in offsprings. sad sad sad sad

again,let me repeat for you.based on the answer provided in the article given to you,the marriages of the Prophet (S) came with great responsibilities.if the Prophet (sa) was about marrying,then he would have chose the best women in the society who were all young and virgins.but he got married to old women who were widows and had to take care of their children.you do not marry 12 women or more who were all a liability and believe he was having fun,while others can marry four (at most) of the best females that they choose.so think again if you still have any logic.the Prophet's (sa) marriages also came because as the "head of state" he used marriage for alliances and breaking taboos.so the demand was very high for him to exercise his teachings.however,it is explicitly written that a Muslim should marry one,but can marry up to four and not more.

as for marrying your uncle's daughter or cousins,there is a limit placed in Islam.you can't marry your aunt,sister,niece,e.t.c.but you can marry your uncle or anty's daughter.that is the limit.it does not mean you must but you can.also,science tells us of genetic problems when related people marry.but that is not always the case and there are exceptions.even based on the bible (i think in leviticus) there is nothing there prohibiting marrying your uncle or anty's daughter.it is therefore allowed.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by LagosShia: 12:43pm On Aug 02, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Abeg! Sorry sir......the assignment is too much for me? Where am I going to start to find all the answers to these questions?

But I am guessing that the answer is "no". Zakat is for the less privileged?

alms is forbidden for the Prophet (sa) and his Ahlul-Bayt (as).even today,in the Shia circles,the scholars who put on black turbans and are referred to with the title of "sayyid" are descendants of the Prophet (sa) who do not take alms.it is forbidden for them.

so there are limits which the Prophet (S) observed.it was not a case of him doing as he desires to "eat it all" or "take it all" for selfish reasons.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by Logicbwoy: 1:00pm On Aug 02, 2012
LagosShia:

alms is forbidden for the Prophet (sa) and his Ahlul-Bayt (as).even today,in the Shia circles,the scholars who put on black turbans and are referred to with the title of "sayyid" are descendants of the Prophet (sa) who do not take alms.it is forbidden for them.

so there are limits which the Prophet (S) observed.it was not a case of him doing as he desires to "eat it all" or "take it all" for selfish reasons.

What does this have to do with marriage?
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by Logicbwoy: 1:05pm On Aug 02, 2012
LagosShia:

again,let me repeat for you.based on the answer provided in the article given to you,the marriages of the Prophet (S) came with great responsibilities.if the Prophet (sa) was about marrying,then he would have chose the best women in the society who were all young and virgins.but he got married to old women who were widows and had to take care of their children.you do not marry 12 women or more who were all a liability and believe he was having fun,while others can marry four (at most) of the best females that they choose.so think again if you still have any logic.the Prophet's (sa) marriages also came because as the "head of state" he used marriage for alliances and breaking taboos.so the demand was very high for him to exercise his teachings.however,it is explicitly written that a Muslim should marry one,but can marry up to four and not more.

as for marrying your uncle's daughter or cousins,there is a limit placed in Islam.you can't marry your aunt,sister,niece,e.t.c.but you can marry your uncle or anty's daughter.that is the limit.it does not mean you must but you can.also,science tells us of genetic problems when related people marry.but that is not always the case and there are exceptions.even based on the bible (i think in leviticus) there is nothing there prohibiting marrying your uncle or anty's daughter.it is therefore allowed.

Lmao.....I have debunked your earlier points on alliances.

As for marrying cousins, that is a shameful practice. So, you see nothing wrong in marrying your uncle's daughter?

Are you arguing against science that it doesnt lead to birth defects? Is that not inbreeding?

The bible doesnt concern me. Not a christian
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by LagosShia: 1:11pm On Aug 02, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Lmao.....I have debunked your earlier points on alliances.

As for marrying cousins, that is a shameful practice. So, you see nothing wrong in marrying your uncle's daughter?

Are you arguing against science that it doesnt lead to birth defects? Is that not inbreeding?

The bible doesnt concern me. Not a christian

what an atheist thinks or believes also doesn't concern me.

we gave you answers of what we believe because you asked questions and not because it concerns you.you should stop arguing over the answers you get because you pretend you want to know.we are also not concerned with what you say.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by Logicbwoy: 1:15pm On Aug 02, 2012
LagosShia:

what an atheist thinks or believes also doesn't concern me.

we gave you answers of what we believe because you asked questions and not because it concerns you.you should stop arguing over the answers you get because you pretend you want to know.we are also not concerned with what you say.

Lol....yes, of course I pretend at times to see what kind of apologist answers I will get. However, why dont you confess to your Shilling for Iran and Shia islam? Pretending to be a victim of Sunni/Wahabbi intolerance?
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by LagosShia: 1:26pm On Aug 02, 2012
Logicbwoy:
Lol....yes, of course I pretend at times to see what kind of apologist answers I will get. However, why dont you confess to your Shilling for Iran and Shia islam? Pretending to be a victim of Sunni/Wahabbi intolerance?

i am not obliged to answer your questions on Shia-Sunni matters because you are not a Muslim in the first place.

there is nothing for me to confess to.i love the Islamic Republic of Iran,i admire it,i support it and i pray for it.

i am a Shia Muslim.

there is nothing to pretend about Sunni/Wahhabi intolerance or rather extremism.the Shia are not new to oppression/persecution.perhaps you need to make a quick search on Shia history and the oppression Shia Muslims have faced over the centuries.you should search about Shia persecution.

you do not even need to go far.you have this shining in your face:
https://www.nairaland.com/961495/timeline-sectarian-terrorism-against-shia

obviously,you are very slow because you are now making an attempt to turn the discussion into a Shia-Sunni one.and that is not going to happen because i will not be a part to it in this thread.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by Logicbwoy: 1:50pm On Aug 02, 2012
LagosShia:

i am not obliged to answer your questions on Shia-Sunni matters because you are not a Muslim in the first place.

there is nothing for me to confess to.i love the Islamic Republic of Iran,i admire it,i support it and i pray for it.

i am a Shia Muslim.

there is nothing to pretend about Sunni/Wahhabi intolerance or rather extremism.the Shia are not new to oppression/persecution.perhaps you need to make a quick search on Shia history and the oppression Shia Muslims have faced over the centuries.you should search about Shia persecution.

you do not even need to go far.you have this shining in your face:
https://www.nairaland.com/961495/timeline-sectarian-terrorism-against-shia

obviously,you are very slow because you are not making an attempt to turn the discussion into a Shia-Sunni one.and that is not going to happen because i will not be a part to it in this thread.

No problem.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by Saintparis1: 12:05pm On Aug 04, 2012
Most apologists usually blame authors (who brought untold stories of Islam on the discussion) by saying: (a) Lack of knowledge/ignorance, (b) Misinterpretation or mistranslation of scriptures or by (c) Some lame excuses, such as the
Prophet had to marry due to political reasons
and not for sex, or he was forced to marry, simply wanted to
rescue widows etc. There are sahih Hadiths available today to prove clearly that Prophet Muhammad married many women for his personal lusts and had sex daily with most of his wives who stayed with him.

(1) Sahih Bukhari Hadith: Katadha'ha said, Hazrat Anash Ibn Malek (ra) narrated, "Nabi Karim (pbuh) used to have sex with all his wives in the same night. At that time the Prophet had eleven wives".
Shafiyya was paragon beauty and was very young (in her teen) when she was forcibly married by Prophet Muhammad after killing her all relatives including her newly married husband. Shafiyya was first distributed (
booty from the battle of Khyber
)) to other Islamic soldiers, but when Prophet Muhammad heard about her paragon beauty then he took her for his wife.
Zainab Bint Jahsh (
Muhammad’s adopted son’s wife) was also very young and extremely beautiful for what Muhammad married her by sheer lust.
if some one wants to help any widow then he must marry her to render his help to her! What a simplistic logic and shameful argument.
That means,
if President Goodluck wants to help some widows—he should first marry them all
! Is it not a fantastic idea? To help all the widows of Nigeria—President Goodluck will need to build thousands of giant-sized Harems throughout the entire state of Abuja. I wonder, was it possible that there were only 7 or 8 widows ( whom Prophet Muhammad married) in the 7
th century Arabia? What a hilarious logic!
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by Logicbwoy: 12:44pm On Aug 04, 2012
Saint paris: Most apologists usually blame authors (who brought untold stories of Islam on the discussion) by saying: (a) Lack of knowledge/ignorance, (b) Misinterpretation or mistranslation of scriptures or by (c) Some lame excuses, such as the
rescue widows etc. There are sahih Hadiths available today to prove clearly that Prophet Muhammad married many women for his personal lusts and had sex daily with most of his wives who stayed with him.

(1) Sahih Bukhari Hadith: Katadha'ha said, Hazrat Anash Ibn Malek (ra) narrated, "Nabi Karim (pbuh) used to have sex with all his wives in the same night. At that time the Prophet had eleven wives".
Shafiyya was paragon beauty and was very young (in her teen) when she was forcibly married by Prophet Muhammad after killing her all relatives including her newly married husband. Shafiyya was first distributed (
)) to other Islamic soldiers, but when Prophet Muhammad heard about her paragon beauty then he took her for his wife.
Zainab Bint Jahsh (
Muhammad’s adopted son’s wife) was also very young and extremely beautiful for what Muhammad married her by sheer lust.
if some one wants to help any widow then he must marry her to render his help to her! What a simplistic logic and shameful argument.
That means,
! Is it not a fantastic idea? To help all the widows of Nigeria—President Goodluck will need to build thousands of giant-sized Harems throughout the entire state of Abuja. I wonder, was it possible that there were only 7 or 8 widows ( whom Prophet Muhammad married) in the 7

lmao
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by LagosShia: 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2012
Saint paris: Most apologists usually blame authors (who brought untold stories of Islam on the discussion) by saying: (a) Lack of knowledge/ignorance, (b) Misinterpretation or mistranslation of scriptures or by (c) Some lame excuses, such as the

isn't this obviously a false testimony given by whoever is making the claim that a man would sleep with 11 wives within the period of the night? scientifically or naturally or normally can a man go more than how many rounds of intercourse? and was the person giving such a testimony counting and watching the Prophet (sa) do such a thing openly to know what was going on behind close-dooors?use your common sense and shame the devil and your hatred.

forcibly? where did you read that? the account of that marriage has been given in the other thread i presented (the link) in my first post of this thread.

Zainab Bint Jahsh (
that too has being explained.in Islam,ever since the case of Zaid (ra),a muslim is not allowed to give his adopted child other than the name of the biological child's father's name.

in Islam,a man cannot be living under the same roof with women not married to him or not related to him.

if those widows were to be taken care of by bringing them under the same roof as the Prophet (sa) or any muslim man,a relationship must be established.you do not go and pick up any woman from anywhere under the guide you are helping her and put her in your house without suspicion.assuming the Prophet (sa) had not legally married these women and kept them in his house to help them,missionary perverts and sick minded people like you would have still accused him of taking women under his roof to abuse them.now that the issue is based marriage,the case you are bringing up is no longer abuse but lust.

and one begins to wonder how someone who reads his bible whereby men of God had hundreds of wives,and they were inspired by God of the bible,find it odd for someone to have about 12 wives.

That means,

the state of arabia in the 7th century and the state of nigeria in 2012 is not the same.the muslim community was the state of a persecuted group of people who were closely living around each other for help and support.it was not the state of a country with infrastruture and millions of dollars in revenue everyday.

the persecution,poverty,and weakness of the Muslims back then coupled with the threat to their lives cannot be compared to the state of modern day nigeria.Jonathan alone can afford to provide for all the widows in Nigeria monthly and they can live lavish lifestyles.that was not the case in arabia.Muhammad (sa) was a religious,political,spiritual and military leader all at once.he embodied many qualities in a way no man have ever done and no man will ever do.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by tintingz(m): 9:33pm On Aug 04, 2012
Logicboy if you need wives talk now oh tongue
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by Saintparis1: 7:47am On Aug 05, 2012
I don't know how many women will marry the killer of her husband happily like safiyah did. Muhammad must be a charming man smiley grin

1 Like

Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by maclatunji: 8:34am On Aug 05, 2012
!^To the detriment of your sarcasm. He was, get used to it.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by LagosShia: 2:25pm On Aug 05, 2012
Saint paris: I don't know how many women will marry the killer of her husband happily like safiyah did. Muhammad must be a charming man smiley grin

do you know if she was forced to marry her jewish husband and he was mistreating her?

the fact is Safiya fell in love with the Prophet (sa) long before the battle of Khaybar and that used to bother her husband.

and her test of sincerity is even after the death of the Prophet (sa) when those hypocrites who pretended to be believers during his lifetime came out to show their true colors,Safiya (ra) remained steadfast in Islam.she never once was caught insincere about her faith or wavering.she was a faithful Muslim woman till her last breath.she did not harm the Prophet (sa) nor was she disobedient.she is a good "mother of the believers".never did she harm the Prophet (sa) or even try to escape.if she was unhappy,a woman like her would have at least ran away after his death to palestine.

1 Like

Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by MacDaddy01: 2:50pm On Aug 05, 2012
LagosShia:

do you know if she was forced to marry her jewish husband and he was mistreating her?

the fact is Safiya fell in love with the Prophet (sa) long before the battle of Khaybar and that used to bother her husband.

and her test of sincerity is even after the death of the Prophet (sa) when those hypocrites who pretended to be believers during his lifetime came out to show their true colors,Safiya (ra) remained steadfast in Islam.she never once was caught insincere about her faith or wavering.she was a faithful Muslim woman till her last breath.she did not harm the Prophet (sa) nor was she disobedient.she is a good "mother of the believers".never did she harm the Prophet (sa) or even try to escape.if she was unhappy,a woman like her would have at least ran away after his death to palestine.

So you now lie against her husband to defend Muhammad?
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by LagosShia: 2:57pm On Aug 05, 2012
MacDaddy01:
So you now lie against her husband to defend Muhammad?

really?
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by MacDaddy01: 7:33pm On Aug 05, 2012
LagosShia:

really?

Please, show me proof that her husband mistreated her.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by nakash: 10:14am On Aug 07, 2012
I am made to understand that Khaybar was 93 miles away from Medina.Maybe Safiya had met Muhamad during his trading days and sent an SMS to the prophet asking him to come over and murder her husband in order for the loving couple to copulate freely.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by MacDaddy01: 10:33am On Aug 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Please, show me proof that her husband mistreated her.

Still waiting for the proof.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by Saintparis1: 11:12am On Aug 07, 2012
To hide the lascivious character of Muhammad , you all often mention that he married Safiyyah before he slept with her. But they forget to state that Muhammad did not follow the rule of waiting period ( three monthly periods) to sleep with Safiyyah. cheesy

We shall now see how Muhammad had violated the rule of idda ( waiting period ) in marrying a woman. These rules are stipulated in the Qur'an thus; grin

Widows of wait four months and ten days for re-marriage...2:234
Surah2.234
YUSUFALI: If any of you die and leave widows behind, they shall wait concerning themselves four months and ten days: When they have fulfilled their term, there is no blame on you if they dispose of themselves in a just and reasonable manner. And Allah is well acquainted with what ye do.cheesy

Clearly, when Muhammad wanted to sleep or to have s3x with Safiyyah , she was a widow, technically, as Muhammad had already killed her husband.grin

Therefore, as per the Qur'an, Muhammad had to wait at least four months and ten days before he could even touch her. But Muhammad did not at all observe this rule ; instead, he took Safiyyah , straight from the battlefield to his bed in the war camp.cheesy grin cheesy grin

Having spent the night with her, Muhammad took her to another, safer location, stayed there for three days and consummated his marriage with Safiyyah.
Muhammad selected Safiyyah because of her beauty, made her his wife and gave a banquet at the wedding; then he had sex with Saffiyah at Sa`d-AsSahba…(Sahih Bukhari 4.52.143)

Ma'salam grin
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by MacDaddy01: 12:19pm On Aug 07, 2012
Saint paris: To hide the lascivious character of Muhammad , you all often mention that he married Safiyyah before he slept with her. But they forget to state that Muhammad did not follow the rule of waiting period ( three monthly periods) to sleep with Safiyyah. cheesy

We shall now see how Muhammad had violated the rule of idda ( waiting period ) in marrying a woman. These rules are stipulated in the Qur'an thus; grin

Surah2.234
YUSUFALI: If any of you die and leave widows behind, they shall wait concerning themselves four months and ten days: When they have fulfilled their term, there is no blame on you if they dispose of themselves in a just and reasonable manner. And Allah is well acquainted with what ye do.cheesy

Clearly, when Muhammad wanted to sleep or to have s3x with Safiyyah , she was a widow, technically, as Muhammad had already killed her husband.grin

Therefore, as per the Qur'an, Muhammad had to wait at least four months and ten days before he could even touch her. But Muhammad did not at all observe this rule ; instead, he took Safiyyah , straight from the battlefield to his bed in the war camp.cheesy grin cheesy grin

Having spent the night with her, Muhammad took her to another, safer location, stayed there for three days and consummated his marriage with Safiyyah.
Muhammad selected Safiyyah because of her beauty, made her his wife and gave a banquet at the wedding; then he had sex with Saffiyah at Sa`d-AsSahba…(Sahih Bukhari 4.52.143)

Ma'salam grin

There is a countdown to when you're gonna get banned. grin grin grin grin. This happens when something wrong in islam is exposed

Cant wait for Maclatunji to conjure up a ridiculous reason to get you banned.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by LagosShia: 12:28pm On Aug 07, 2012
Saint paris: To hide the lascivious character of Muhammad , you all often mention that he married Safiyyah before he slept with her. But they forget to state that Muhammad did not follow the rule of waiting period ( three monthly periods) to sleep with Safiyyah. cheesy

Surah2.234

Ma'salam grin

your christian missionary polemics always based on character assasination and their satanic whiperings to insult the Holy Prophet (sa) are not new under the sun and have being dealt with appropriately.

[size=14pt]Rebuttal:"Muhammad and Safiyya: Disregarding the rule of 'Iddah."[/size]

http://islamic-replies.ucoz.com/Rebut_Muhammad_Saf_Idda.html
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by MacDaddy01: 12:36pm On Aug 07, 2012
LagosShia:

your christian missionary polemics always based on character assasination and their satanic whiperings to insult the Holy Prophet (sa) are not new under the sun and have being dealt with appropriately.

[size=14pt]Rebuttal:"Muhammad and Safiyya: Disregarding the rule of 'Iddah."[/size]

http://islamic-replies.ucoz.com/Rebut_Muhammad_Saf_Idda.html

That link is nonsense. It uses a hadith to abrogate the Quran (Captives menstruation vs time period for widows)

Shameful
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by LagosShia: 12:47pm On Aug 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

That link is nonsense. It uses a hadith to abrogate the Quran (Captives menstruation vs time period for widows)

Shameful

you are silly and lying.you need to learn how to read and understand.it looks the christian spirit of lying and insults under christianity's "pious fraud" has not yet left you.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by MacDaddy01: 12:54pm On Aug 07, 2012
LagosShia:

you are silly and lying.you need to learn how to read and understand.it looks the christian spirit of lying and insults under christianity's "pious fraud" has not yet left you.

I am not a christian and secondly, I did not lie. The link used a verse from the hadith to overrule the Quran on the waiting period for widows
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by LagosShia: 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I am not a christian and secondly, I did not lie. The link used a verse from the hadith to overrule the Quran on the waiting period for widows

i said you're lying.what don't you understand? you like everything being explained to you like a kid.must you always be spoon-fed?
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by MacDaddy01: 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
LagosShia:

i said you're lying.what don't you understand? you like everything being explained to you like a kid.must you always be spoon-fed?

Explain the problem with my argument
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by LagosShia: 2:08pm On Aug 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Explain the problem with my argument

na wa.how can i explain what is a lie? grin
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by vedaxcool(m): 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2012
LagosShia:

I wonder the same thing, Safiya was a captive of war . . .
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by MacDaddy01: 2:32pm On Aug 07, 2012
LagosShia:

LagosShia is an Australian. You can explain that it is a lie because you were born in Nigeria/Iran

Explain how I am lying about your link. Your insults and dodging wont help you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Obligatory To Be A Follower Of Any Denomination? / Seek Forgiveness Today Before It Is Too Late / Why I Believe In Monogamy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.