Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,999 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? (5439 Views)

Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?! / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). / The Death Of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h): Question And Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by nakash: 1:45pm On Aug 08, 2012
Have you found out what Kinana did? I'll keep looking and I'll post here.

We are now agreed that Muhammad marriage to Safiya amounted to forced marriage and not an action of mercy to her.

Back to the topic - How many wives did Muhammad have?
And later on - why did Allah will for Muhammad to have all those wives while the rest of the Muslim men were allowed to have a maximum of four?

Don't you see there is something seriously wrong with Muhammad?

LagosShia:

and perhaps also apply justice? undecided

it was not in the power of the Prophet (sa) to forgive him for what was done to Mahmud.it was in the power of Muhammad Ibn Maslama to have done that.assuming it was your brother tortured and killed by an enemy community,and then your own community capture the person who did.it is left for you personally to forgive or not to.your leader cannot impose on you or force you to forgive if you decide to administer justice instead of tampering justice with mercy.

it is noteworthy to state that the jews also had an earlier agreement with the Muslims which they violated and continued their acts of war against the Muslims.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by nakash: 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2012
It is clear that booty was divided among the Muslims from that authentic hadith.
How would she have refused to marry him in the first case?

Oh now the Jews had an agreement with Muhammad. Can you tell us what sort of agreement? Noting that Khaybar is 140Km away from Medina?
To protect Muhammad incase of an attack from 140Km away?

LagosShia:
https://www.nairaland.com/998816/honest-question-muhammad-pbuh

or if she did not want to marry him.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by maclatunji: 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2012
nakash: Have you found out what Kinana did? I'll keep looking and I'll post here.

We are now agreed that Muhammad marriage to Safiya amounted to forced marriage and not an action of mercy to her.

And later on - why did Allah will for Muhammad to have all those wives while the rest of the Muslim men were allowed to have a maximum of four?

@Bolded, you are totally wrong with that submission. Your attempts to "shock" will only make a Muslim with above-pedestrian understanding of his religion laugh.

SAHIH BUKHARI, BOOK 8: Prayers (Salat)

Volume 1, Book 8, Number 367:

Narrated 'Abdul 'Aziz:

Anas said, 'When Allah's Apostle invaded Khaibar, we offered the Fajr prayer there yearly in the morning) when it was still dark. The Prophet rode and Abu Talha rode too and I was riding behind Abu Talha. The Prophet passed through the lane of Khaibar quickly and my knee was touching the thigh of the Prophet . He uncovered his thigh and I saw the whiteness of the thigh of the Prophet. When he entered the town, he said, 'Allahu Akbar! Khaibar is ruined. Whenever we approach near a (hostile) nation (to fight) then evil will be the morning of those who have been warned.' He repeated this thrice. The people came out for their jobs and some of them said, 'Muhammad (has come).' (Some of our companions added, "With his army."wink We conquered Khaibar, took the captives, and the booty was collected. Dihya came and said, 'O Allah's Prophet! Give me a slave girl from the captives.' The Prophet said, 'Go and take any slave girl.' He took Safiya bint Huyai. A man came to the Prophet and said, 'O Allah's Apostles! You gave Safiya bint Huyai to Dihya and she is the chief mistress of the tribes of Quraiza and An-Nadir and she befits none but you.' So the Prophet said, 'Bring him along with her.' So Dihya came with her and when the Prophet saw her, he said to Dihya, 'Take any slave girl other than her from the captives.' Anas added: The Prophet then manumitted her and married her."

Thabit asked Anas, "O Abu Hamza! What did the Prophet pay her (as Mahr)?" He said, "Her self was her Mahr for he manumitted her and then married her." Anas added, "While on the way, Um Sulaim dressed her for marriage (ceremony) and at night she sent her as a bride to the Prophet . So the Prophet was a bridegroom and he said, 'Whoever has anything (food) should bring it.' He spread out a leather sheet (for the food) and some brought dates and others cooking butter. (I think he (Anas) mentioned As-SawTq). So they prepared a dish of Hais (a kind of meal). And that was Walrma (the marriage banquet) of Allah's Apostle ."

The Prophet(SAW)married her as a free woman. The implication of this is that she could have rejected his offer. You cannot understand the technical details of Islamic law that apply here. Hence, you can save "your attacks" from this angle, they won't work for a Muslim. They might work for non-Muslims but that is stale, they aren't Muslims in the first place! grin
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by LagosShia: 2:14pm On Aug 08, 2012
nakash: It is clear that booty was divided among the Muslims from that authentic hadith.
How would she have refused to marry him in the first case?

Oh now the Jews had an agreement with Muhammad. Can you tell us what sort of agreement? Noting that Khaybar is 140Km away from Medina?
To protect Muhammad incase of an attack from 140Km away?

if i can recall very clearly,from a book i have read,Safiyyah (ra) had issues with her own husband even before the conquest of Khaybar because of Prophet Muhammad (sa) and the dreams she had about him,which made her husband suspicious of her feelings and attitude toward the Prophet (sa).

listen my friend,Islam is very wide and there are too many details.i have come across them but it is impossible for me to remember everything at once,even though i do know i have a very retentive memory.i do not want to go into the details that led to the battle of Khaybar because you do not know and you're using your own ignorance or misunderstanding (perhaps deliberate) to cast doubt.you can find that by yourself.

http://www.al-islam.org/restatement/29.htm

http://www.al-islam.org/kaaba14/2.htm#The Battle of Khyber.

http://www.al-islam.org/lifeprophet/18.htm
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by LagosShia: 2:16pm On Aug 08, 2012
nakash:

so after four pages,you are taking us back to page 1.that is not fair my friend.and what if we are done with you going over the topic again,and another christian just sees the thread and wants a repeat? are we going to keep going round?

please review the thread and see the explanations given.if you have anything to dispute,then bring it up.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by nakash: 2:31pm On Aug 08, 2012
I will not offer any proof , I have gone through the link. Muslims always portray themselves as victims and I lump that article in that category.
I will not change my mind about that.

All I know is that Muhammad went to look for booty in Khaybar because thats how he earned a living- Robbing and terrorizing and enslavement.

Who is the author of that article? I am surprised so far that the hadith has been accepted as authentic and we did not have to go through the usual - Out of context, not in classical arabic, not in the quran etc.

Facts are facts. Safiya did not willingly marry Muhammad who even set the mahar terms himself.

LagosShia:

so after four pages,you are taking us back to page 1.that is not fair my friend.and what if we are done with you going over the topic again,and another christian just sees the thread and wants a repeat? are we going to keep going round?

please review the thread and see the explanations given.if you have anything to dispute,then bring it up.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by LagosShia: 2:35pm On Aug 08, 2012
nakash: I will not offer any proof , I have gone through the link. Muslims always portray themselves as victims and I lump that article in that category.
I will not change my mind about that.

All I know is that Muhammad went to look for booty in Khaybar because thats how he earned a living- Robbing and terrorizing and enslavement.

Who is the author of that article? I am surprised so far that the hadith has been accepted as authentic and we did not have to go through the usual - Out of context, not in classical arabic, not in the quran etc.

Facts are facts. Safiya did not willingly marry Muhammad who even set the mahar terms himself.

bring your proof if you are truth!
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by nakash: 2:38pm On Aug 08, 2012
Proof that Muslim men always portray themselves as victims. A woman not not covered up is asking for ra.pe.

Back to the topic again . How many wives did the prophet have?

LagosShia:

bring your proof if you are truth!
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by LagosShia: 2:45pm On Aug 08, 2012
nakash: Proof that Muslim men always portray themselves as victims. A woman not not covered up is asking for ra.pe.

i am not after proof for running your mouth.i am after proof for the false claims and lies you make up against what is established,known and accepted.

proof that:

1.) "All I know is that Muhammad went to look for booty in Khaybar because thats how he earned a living- Robbing and terrorizing and enslavement".

2.) "Facts are facts. Safiya did not willingly marry Muhammad who even set the mahar terms himself".

Back to the topic again . How many wives did the prophet have?

please see post #2 of this thread.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by nakash: 2:52pm On Aug 08, 2012
LagosShia:

I now refer you to www.faithfreedom.org if you want that proof. They do have a very vibrant forum too where your questions will be better answered by those who left Islam and are native Classical Arabic ( language of the Quran) speakers.

i am not after proof for running your mouth.i am after proof for the false claims and lies you make up against what is established,known and accepted.

proof that:

1.) "All I know is that Muhammad went to look for booty in Khaybar because thats how he earned a living- Robbing and terrorizing and enslavement".

2.) "Facts are facts. Safiya did not willingly marry Muhammad who even set the mahar terms himself".

please see post #2 of this thread.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by LagosShia: 3:01pm On Aug 08, 2012
^

you a fool!

you repeat claims without being able to provide the proof.that is called rumour.

if you were here to advertize an anti-islamic missionary website,you should have said so from the start and refer us to it.you should not have wasted our time with your rumours.

i am sure of what i believe in.i have confidence in my knowledge and education and i do not seek anyone to think for me.i can teach those blind haters who started that website.i can also speak arabic fluently.

can't you see MacDaddy has given up? he was blindly too circulating a christian argument that the Prophet (sa) broke the rule of iddah when he married Safiyyah (ra) and that we are lying and promoting "abrogation" of the Quran by hadith.upon simply examining verse 2:234,the argument has disappeared and i am sure he does feel embarassed.that is what happens when you do not know what you're talking about.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by LagosShia: 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2012
nakash: He raided a Jewish community , captured booty , executed Kinana over treasure and 'married' his wife.
I suppose she must have felt great love for Muhammad when her husband was being tortured that she agreed to marry him outright!!!

proof!do you know the meaning of that? bring the source.the word "raided" is meant to spread propaganda."executed over treasury",another propaganda statement,when even the proof you cited earlier shows he was executed by Muhammad Ibn Maslama because of what he did to his brother,Mahmud.

the fact is Safiyyah (ra) agreed to marry him (i.e. the Prophet),and not once did she try to escape or reject Islam both during and after the lifetime of the Prophet (sa).

you can go and die if it is paining you.

Should I promote pro-Islamic sites like the one you quoted?

He raided and stole - Meaning he was a robber. He took slaves - Meaning he was a slave trader.

whatever.your insults only shows your christian hate,lies,propaganda,extremism and intolerance.you are a religion fanatic just like boko haram are from the other end.you incite hate and division.the website you are even directing us to is not a christian website.it shows anything would do just to attack Islam.

you are a big fool.in your blindness you are cursed to remain.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by nakash: 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2012
What do you call someone who captures & sells slaves ? A slave trader.
What do you call someone who raids for booty? A robber
What do you call someone who orders the death of others? A murderer.

Have I insulted anyone?

Kinana b. Al-Rabi’, who had the custody of the treasure of B. Al-Nadir, was brought to the apostle who asked him about it. He denied that he knew where it was. A Jew came to the apostle and said he had seen Kinana going round a certain ruin every morning early. When the apostle said to Kinana, “Do you know that if we find you have it I shall kill you?” he said Yes. The apostle gave orders that the ruin was to be excavated and some of the treasure was found. When he asked him about the rest he refused to produce it, so the apostle gave orders to al-Zubayr b. Al-’Awwam, “Torture him until you extract what he has,” so he kindled a fire with flint and steel on his chest until he was nearly dead. Then the Apostl delivered him to Muhammad b. Maslama and he struck off his head, in revenge for his brother Mahmud.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by LagosShia: 1:37pm On Aug 09, 2012
nakash: What do you call someone who captures & sells slaves ? A slave trader.
What do you call someone who raids for booty? A robber
What do you call someone who orders the death of others? A murderer.

https://www.nairaland.com/998816/honest-question-muhammad-pbuh

Have I insulted anyone?

Kinana b. Al-Rabi’, who had the custody of the treasure of B. Al-Nadir, was brought to the apostle who asked him about it. He denied that he knew where it was. A Jew came to the apostle and said he had seen Kinana going round a certain ruin every morning early. When the apostle said to Kinana, “Do you know that if we find you have it I shall kill you?” he said Yes. The apostle gave orders that the ruin was to be excavated and some of the treasure was found. When he asked him about the rest he refused to produce it, so the apostle gave orders to al-Zubayr b. Al-’Awwam, “Torture him until you extract what he has,” so he kindled a fire with flint and steel on his chest until he was nearly dead. Then the Apostl delivered him to Muhammad b. Maslama and he struck off his head, in revenge for his brother Mahmud.

no time to waste with you.go back to your fanatical website to attack Islam and get out from here.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by brentkruge: 9:32pm On Aug 14, 2012
@ LagosShia, why are u frothing in the mouth for an account that was recorded in the Hadith?

There may be slight variations but the crux of the matter is that Mohammed ordered the murder of a man and married his wife almost immediately. For a man that is a standard for all Muslims, its not a palatable story.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by LagosShia: 9:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
brentkruge: @ LagosShia, why are u frothing in the mouth for an account that was recorded in the Hadith?

There may be slight variations but the crux of the matter is that Mohammed ordered the murder of a man and married his wife almost immediately. For a man that is a standard for all Muslims, its not a palatable story.

ah,i see

i never knew you're such a knowledgeable Islamic scholar in field of hadith. wink
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by MacDaddy01: 10:22pm On Aug 14, 2012
LagosShia:

ah,i see

i never knew you're such a knowledgeable Islamic scholar in field of hadith. wink

Sarcasm wont help you. Why not address the issue. Muhammad marrying the wife of a slain enemy.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by LagosShia: 11:35pm On Aug 14, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Sarcasm wont help you. Why not address the issue. Muhammad marrying the wife of a slain enemy.

hahaha...still talking nonsense after 4 pages.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by mustang44: 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
Sweetnecta: the condition of the messenger [sa] is different from that of the general muslims.

for example, he was commanded to make nightly prayers.
muslims can but not as it is in the case of the messenger which is a must.

so his condition with marriage though politically is different in conditions to the general muslims who are limited to 4 at the same time but can continue to divorce and marry throughout life as long it is not more that 4 at anytime.

Muhammad [sa] was told in surah azhab, if all his wives were die or divorce from him, no more wife. so he could have been without a wife at the time of death, whereas the general muslims can have 4 wives at the time of death.

Muhammad [sa] would not charity, but gifts, whereas the general muslims can eat charity.

Muhammad's position is special and its a good thing and the allowance for him on marriage brought success and political victory, alliances and peace to the young and growing community.
YOU ARE CLEARLY TELLING US THAT MUHAMMAD GOT MARRIED TO MANY WIVES TO FORM ALLIANCES AND FOR POLITICAL REASONS. LET ME TELL YOU. GOD DOES NOT SENT PEOPLE EMPTY HANDED TO DO SOMETHING FOR HIM. WHEN GOD SENT MOSES GOD GAVE MOSES A STAFF AND MOSES PERFORMED MIRACLES WITH IT AND RESCUED THE ISREALITES FROM EGYTP WITH THE STAFF. WHEN JESUS CAME: JESUS CAME WITH THE POWER TO PERFORM MIRACLES, HEALINGS ETC. BUT MUHAMMAD CAME ON THE SCENE WITH NOTHING THAT MEANS HE CAME ON HIS OWN, THAT WAS WHY MUHAMMAD MARRIED MANY WIVES TO FORM ALLIANCE WITH PEOPLE AND GAIN POLITICAL POWER TO ACHIEVE HIS GOALS.
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
Logicbwoy: Copied from the internet;

Mohammed married 15 women and consummated his marriages with 13.
Here is a list of wives of Mohammed:

1. Khadija/Khadijah bint Khuwailid/Khywaylid - died first

2. Sawda/Sauda bint Zam’a

3. 'Aisha/Aesha/’A’ishah - 8 to 9 yrs old, 2nd wife

4. Omm/’Umm Salama/Salamah

5. Hafsa/Hafsah

6. Zaynab/Zainab of Jahsh

7. Jowayriya/Juwairiyya bint Harith

8. Omm Habiba

9. Safiya/Safiyya bint Huyai/Huyayy bint Akhtab

10. Maymuna/Maimuna of Hareth

11. Fatima/Fatema/Fatimah

12. Hend/Hind

13. Asma of Saba

14. Zaynab of Khozayma

15. Habla?

16. Asma of Noman / bint al-Nu’man

¾ slaves / concubines ¾

17. Mary the Christian/Copt

18. Rayhana/Raihana/Rayhanah bint Zayd/Zaid

¾ uncertain relationship -

19. Omm Sharik

20. Maymuna/Maimuna (slave girl?)

21. Zaynab/Zainab the third?

22. Khawla / Khawlah
Chai na flenty flenty women be this o. So which is it? Were they married to form political alliance or to help widows?

I can't believe alah and muhammad combined in all their wisdom could not come up with a better way of empowering widows except entering them into forced and unhappy marriage.

Explains all the mass weddings for widows in the north. Smh

CK cool
Re: How Man Wives Did Muhammad Actually Have? by arsenalwenger: 6:35am On Nov 08, 2013
MacDaddy01:

So you now lie against her husband to defend Muhammad?
Its Islamically accepted as long as u do not desecrate or insult the 'greatest' and the 'last' prophet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Iranian Muslim Saw Jesus / Putting Mobile Phone On Silent Mode While Praying / The Shia Versus Sunni Debates Are Getting Very Ridiculous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.