Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,660 members, 7,809,494 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos (15528 Views)

Wizkid Ft. Femi Kuti - Jaiye Jaiye Video / Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja / Femi Kuti Nominated For A Grammy Award For The Third Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by ijebabe: 3:39pm On Aug 01, 2012
Na wa o!

Femi Kuti and the Positive Force LIVE on a KLM Flight at 38000ft above Africa! The flight was from Amsterdam to Lagos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfQIZRnXjaQ

2 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:26am On Aug 02, 2012
Nice one

These are the real entertainer

sometimes little thing makes big impact

2 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by Tolaaaaannni(f): 12:31am On Aug 02, 2012
Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:42am On Aug 02, 2012
undecided
Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by CeaserB: 12:52am On Aug 02, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: Wow this is very sad. He is too talented to be a common airline entertainment. Times are hard i guess.

Seriously? He's just an entertainer and creativity comes with good entertainment. This has nothing to do with hard times. Femi Kuti is a Grammy nominated World Class Artiste and not your average alanta/azonto crazed Naija artiste.
Femi Kuti like his father (Fela) is a living legend of Afrobeat.
Trying listening to some of his songs (available on itunes or hardcopy album) or better still attend any of his international concerts if you can afford it.

10 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by cap28: 12:55am On Aug 02, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: Wow this is very sad. He is too talented to be a common airline entertainment. Times are hard i guess.

are you okay?

what is wrong with showcasing your talent aboard a nigerian bound flight in front of your brothers and sisters?

you people really annoy me - here is a guy doing what he does best and you are here yarning dust, im so tired of our people, honestly!

7 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by gabng(m): 12:57am On Aug 02, 2012

If you had been patient enough to listen to the captain's announcement pefore the performance you will notice that there where more or less returning from a concert in europe and Egbon Femi decided to entertain the passengers gratis.

Try and think before you talk so that you dont expose your level of stupidity in public.

7 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by SisiKill1: 12:57am On Aug 02, 2012
I hope the passengers were made aware of this "live" performance before they bought their tickets.

I'd sooooo not find it funny if I was stuck 38000ft in the air with that racket when alls I want do is wear my eyepatch and go to sleep.

There is a time and place for everything, an airplane for concert hall? I don't think so!

Having said that. . .He IS talented!!
Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by pomporiking: 12:59am On Aug 02, 2012
Kai see beta groove...
Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by Tolaaaaannni(f): 1:02am On Aug 02, 2012
gabng:

If you had been patient enough to listen to the captain's announcement pefore the performance you will notice that there where more or less returning from a concert in europe and Egbon Femi decided to entertain the passengers gratis.

Try and think before you talk so that you dont expose your level of stupidity in public.
Idc
CeaserB:

Seriously? He's just an entertainer and creativity comes with good entertainment. This has nothing to do with hard times. Femi Kuti is a Grammy nominated World Class Artiste and not your average alanta/azonto crazed Naija artiste.
Femi Kuti like his father (Fela) is a living legend of Afrobeat.
Trying listening to some of his songs (available on itunes or hardcopy album) or better still attend any of his international concerts if you can afford it.
There is something wrong with it if you are doing it for free, after all he is an entertainer like you said. And a good one at it, so good that he doesn't need to be performing for free. And another thing is that if he wants to perform, why not do it on a stage than on a plane.
Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by KayDee4: 1:04am On Aug 02, 2012
[size=13pt] Was he calling the passengers "wanderers"? undecided (Just kidding). Did he perform his/my favorite song - "Beng Beng Beng" ? grin cheesy #skyhighentertainment [/size]
Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by Tolaaaaannni(f): 1:05am On Aug 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill: I hope the passengers were made aware of this "live" performance before they bought their tickets.

I'd sooooo not find it funny if I was stuck 38000ft in the air with that racket when alls I want do is wear my eyepatch and go to sleep.

There is a time and place for everything, an airplane for concert hall? I don't think so!

That's what I was trying to say, if he wants to perform he should do it on a stage. And the hordes of nairaland came on me like i slapped them in the face!!!
Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by SisiKill1: 1:10am On Aug 02, 2012
Haba! Let's not get carried away. . .An artist performing for free is not wrong or a sign that he isn't doing well. Sometimes some artist have a sudden burst of whatever to perform and that's ok.

I just have an issue with it being on a plane and this could very well be a personal thing. . .when I am traveling, I want to be as comfortable as possible (which is already not something you can't totally get aboard a plane. Keep in mind not all our PAPAS have personal jets tongue ) and someone, not matter how insanely talented, blowing trumpet in my ears is NOT gonna go down well with me.

3 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by KayDee4: 1:12am On Aug 02, 2012
[size=13pt]faaji lawa cheesy cheesy grin
some passengers wldnt have found this funny sha . Imagine a non-Afrobeat lover looking for some peace and quiet to catch some sleep. You're not entertained, you can't sleep and you're left fuming angry angry angry
[/size]
Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by SisiKill1: 1:13am On Aug 02, 2012
Kay-Dee:
[size=13pt]faaji lawa cheesy cheesy grin
some passengers wldnt have found this funny sha . Imagine a non-Afro beat lover trying looking for some peace and quiet to catch some sleep.
[/size]

Even Afro beat lover sef. cheesy
Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by OgidiBoy(m): 1:14am On Aug 02, 2012
When I fly I either take a nap, read a book or watch a movie and not listen to all that noise.If I was on that fight,KLM would be refunding me my money because I never bargained for all that.Some Nigerian can be so freaking annoying, I was a fight to Nigeria once and some Nigerian guy decides to start preaching to the whole plane like the plane is his church or something.
Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by CyberG: 1:19am On Aug 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill: I hope the passengers were made aware of this "live" performance before they bought their tickets.

You funny o! 10 minutes entertainment on about 6 hours flight is an inconvenience?? Well, I hope his event tickets are not much higher than N 5000 these days.

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by 76Naira(m): 1:19am On Aug 02, 2012
Femi, your father was a legend and you sure make us proud.
Your dad was one of the most vocal people about the misdirection of Nigeria even when things did not look this bad yet.
Now, his prophecies are clear. I wish he stayed Longer.

RIP Fela,

Thanks a lot Femi.

3 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by SisiKill1: 1:24am On Aug 02, 2012
CyberG:

You funny o! 10 minutes entertainment on about 6 hours flight is an inconvenience?? Well, I hope his event tickets are not much higher than N 5000 these days.
Two milliseconds of something I didn't ask or bargain for IS an inconvenience for me.

Ya have a problem with that?
Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by seedord247(m): 1:24am On Aug 02, 2012
OgidiBoy: When I fly I either take a nap, read a book or watch a movie and not listen to all that noise.If I was on that fight,KLM would be refunding me my money because I never bargained for all that.Some Nigerian can be so freaking annoying, I was a fight to Nigeria once and some Nigerian guy decides to start preaching to the whole plane like the plane is his church or something.

Na only once u don enter plane before. grin

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by rayparker(m): 1:25am On Aug 02, 2012
u are so myopic in view for uttering such comment about femi Kuti..

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by Lexusgs430: 1:25am On Aug 02, 2012
Majority of the passengers + all the crew members seemed to enjoy themselves, that is the key point. How many entertainers would be bold enough to do this on a flight? I would have loved to also be on that flight. Been to the shrine a couple of times and also saw Femi play @ the jazz cafe in the UK. What a class - act he is !!!

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by Idowuogbo(f): 1:27am On Aug 02, 2012
seedord247:

Na only once u don enter plane before. grin
At least he don near 1,unlike u dat stands on an escalator wiv d belief dat u on a plane to Ghana.Ara oko!

@op

How long d dat so called entz last for? undecided
Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by Murphy7h4: 1:29am On Aug 02, 2012
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by Vansnickers: 1:30am On Aug 02, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: Wow this is very sad. He is too talented to be a common airline entertainment. Times are hard i guess. But there are time and place for this type of thing.

Why do People talk like this??!! Did it ever run through your Mind that he might have been a passenger on Flight and the
Flight-crew asked/begged him to perform one song? This is not new, most musicians do this when they are on commercial flights but they restrict it to the First-class cabin, that's why videos of the performances are not on YOUTUBE. We all know that Femi would prefer to perform in the Economy Cabin than to perform in First-class.
Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by Tolaaaaannni(f): 1:32am On Aug 02, 2012
Van snickers:

Why do People talk like this??!! Did it ever run through your Mind that he might have been a passenger on Flight and the
Flight-crew asked/begged him to perform one song? This is not a new, most musicians do this when they are on commercial flights but they restrict it to the First-class cabin, that's why videos of the performances are not on YOUTUBE. We all know that Femi would prefer to perform in the Economy Cabin than to perform in First-class.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!! THATS IT IM DELETING THE COMMENT. -.-
Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by rayparker(m): 1:32am On Aug 02, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: Wow this is very sad. He is too talented to be a common airline entertainment. Times are hard i guess. But there are time and place for this type of thing.
what do you mean by common airline entertainment? Times are hard i guess, for who? Do u mean for Femi Kuti?

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by tellwisdom: 1:33am On Aug 02, 2012
I swear, the tin go first look like sey Al-Qaeda don Hijack the plane...I can see a lady standing and staring around in fear. undecided undecided.

You go blow trumpet for my ear?? I go push you comot for the plane angry angry
Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by Idowuogbo(f): 1:34am On Aug 02, 2012
tellwisdom: I You go blow trumpet for my ear?? I go push you comot for the plane angry angry
Wereyyyyyyy!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by tellwisdom: 1:38am On Aug 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Two milliseconds of something I didn't ask or bargain for IS an inconvenience for me.

Ya have a problem with that?

Shattap there and stop acting like u were morethan this mosquito body u carry on......U have been harassed/intimidated and embarrased countless of time...Wetin u do??

U come here come dey form WOMAN WITH POLICY angry angry ..We wey dey fly First class self never behave this way angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos by tellwisdom: 1:40am On Aug 02, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Wereyyyyyyy!!!!!

Asin win undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Go And Die" By "TnE" Your Nairaland Hit Maker / Download MP3: 6LACK Ft Khalid – Seasons / Age Beeka: the man behind 'Angelica'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.