Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,003 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies (23533 Views)

Dangote Group Massive Graduates And Exp. Job Recruitment / Japaul Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by ajirapsy(m): 5:57pm On Aug 01, 2012
Dangote Academy is a centre of excellence for talent development in Dangote Group. It seeks to provide the talent pipeline for the Group while filling the industrial skill-gap in Nigeria.

The Academy has just initiated a project called, /he Drivers Academy" which aims at recruiting and training 2,000 Nigerian graduates to become professional heavy vehicle drivers for the newly established Super Fleet of the Group.
This initiative will assist to uplift the operating standards in road transport industry, promote entrepreneurship and open up career opportunities.

Dangote Transport operates an exclusive haulage business to meet the transportation requirement of the group with a fleet of over 5,000 trucks. Its activities include facilitating transportation of raw materials from the ports to the factories and the distribution of finished goods to warehouse, depots and customers across the country.

Job Title: Graduate Drivers

THE IDEAL CANDIDATES
•Candidates should have a B.sc., HND, OND or NCE certificate (in any discipline)
•Not less than 25 years of age
•Physically fit
•Responsible and mature
•No prior driving experience required

BENEFITS
Dangote Academy in partnership with the NITT - Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology, Zaria would offer intensive training programme to successful candidates on safe and defensive driving, as well as basic vehicle maintenance and upkeep. Other national road regulatory agencies such as the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) and Federal Vehicle Inspection Office (FVIO) will collaborate with NITT to deliver a comprehensive training package. On completion of training, successful candidates would be issued with heavy vehicle driving license and offered employment in Dangote Transport.

How to Apply
Interested candidate should send CVs to jobs@dangote.com within two weeks of this publication. This information is also available at www.dangote.com

http://dangote-group.com/NewsDetail.aspx?custid=106
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by poj(m): 6:28pm On Aug 01, 2012
Na wa o! Graduate driverrrrrrrr

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Ojeilevbare(m): 9:17pm On Aug 01, 2012
There is NO graduate that studied Driving in any instituition.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Dazzled: 10:17pm On Aug 01, 2012
After how many years in skul. Hmmm, dey mite pay well,who knows.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by DonaldGenes(m): 11:17pm On Aug 01, 2012
Na waoooooo
what abou qraduate qateman
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by ibehenryrocket(m): 12:14am On Aug 02, 2012
Lool. I bet y'all be singing; My name nah Patito,I be world class driver on the steering. SMH

10 Likes

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Debeloved87(m): 8:51am On Aug 02, 2012
This is incredibly insane, did i studied in the university for a good number of years just to become a truck driver, dangote must be having a brain tumour to look down on graduates like this, this vacancy for graduate its a complete shame and embarrassment to the Nigeria educational system..Dangote should be jailed for this..and however let him, his wife and children go for their stupid training and drive their on truck on the deathtrap nigerian roads..mteew

7 Likes

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by tayejay(m): 9:06am On Aug 02, 2012
There's nothing wrong wit des offers. Its better dan having des graduates partake in crime. After all, we see Nigerian graduates, males and females do dis in d western countries. Our graduates should b encouraged rather dan looked dwn on, 2 take up any opportunity, they are usually meant 2 b stepping stones and dis will promote disciplines on our roads and reduce rate of accidents. Remember, an idle mind is d devils abode and anyone who doesn't wrk will nt eat.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by justfash50: 9:15am On Aug 02, 2012
We all know the world is not a fair place and with the situation of things in Nigeria i bet thousands of people will apply for it.

To me i will advise anybody without a job to apply rather than sitting at home waiting fo miracle. I can bet he will pay them Graduate or entry salary.

If you are criticizing him what would want marketers that are giving bus to deliver goods without drivers.

Please we are in a situation where Graduate in millions need good paying jobs and not peanuts as take home pay.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by basher(m): 9:36am On Aug 02, 2012
You guys are having a laugh!! Of course you know where to stick your Mickey mouse "degrees" which, 9 times out of 10, you have to come abroad to get a masters degree from a second rate uni to support it with before you can land a really decent job. In that case you better apply for the HGV training with Dangote, because if it’s done to international standards, it will be a transferable skill that you can use to hustle part-time when you come to do your masters degree abroad. HGV drivers in UK get around £1000 a week or more.

I believe Dangote has good intentions (if such a programme actually exists) because he's under no obligation to spend all that money training drivers when he can get drivers cheaply off the street; it certainly will be an industry-changing game-raiser. So, instead of sitting down & waiting for that "oyel" job that may never materialize, you are better off going into the HGV training programme at least to see how a proper transport company is run. Who knows, it might be you advertising for HGV drivers in the future. smiley

10 Likes

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Tstark(m): 1:22pm On Aug 02, 2012
^^^^
Dont mind them, they love to front about not doing certain jobs but when they get to the western world they'll proudly do the so called " dirty jobs". 95% of all the naija girls in the USA are into nursing now, but if you ask them to become a nurse in nigeria they will quickly shout : god forbid!

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 02, 2012
SMH! Really, it's about time we change our orientation in this country.
Graduates are not supposed to be looking for Jobs because they have the requisite knowlgde and skills to create opportunities.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by joskin: 1:24pm On Aug 02, 2012
At least they will see not less than 1,000 application. No bi naija we dey. At all at all man must eat
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by miteolu(m): 1:26pm On Aug 02, 2012
Forget, if money is involve job title has no point

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by usmanktg2(m): 1:32pm On Aug 02, 2012
U wan apply?
Viewing this topic: dayolove , chiboy1928 , django59 , gino-harley ( m ), fosca2000 ( m ), agent22 , Bereal247 , sola_101 ( m ), Brand_new ( m ), surdik , igwemoagbo ( m ), yuzedo ( m ), temmytanny ( m ), kaiye007 , cyberX , naslinks ( m ), joskin , e.code ( m ), easydone , Somatic ( m ), owendei ( m ), Pergrace , webstradamus , walexpal ( m ), Megozuks , 9iceboy , COUNTER-FORCE ( m ), Chubhie ( m ), Ejiné ( m ), brodaman1 , Admonition , honeric01 ( m ), salibee , Rijiya , aydracula , abubakar8991 ( m ), taiyesoul , ogunniyi2 , kayrukky , Vickivicki ( m ), luscioustrish ( f ) and 65 guest(s)
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 02, 2012
I now understand why boko (western education) is haram (a curse/sin), at least in Nigeria. These guys just proved it.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by AjanleKoko: 1:32pm On Aug 02, 2012
While some people are complaining about not being treated with 'respect', other serious individuals will apply.
Graduates are two a penny in Nigeria.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by chreldb(m): 1:33pm On Aug 02, 2012
Is this some sort of a joke? undecided
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 02, 2012
Driver, no prior experience required? Who would recruit drivers in Nigeria without experience?

Think deeply, driving is just a cover, the recruitment is for something else.
If you are qualified, apply.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by sammirano: 1:35pm On Aug 02, 2012
the advert itself is madness.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by yuzedo: 1:35pm On Aug 02, 2012
Debeloved87: This is incredibly insane, did i studied in the university for a good number of years just to become a truck driver, dangote must be having a brain tumour to look down on graduates like this, this vacancy for graduate its a complete shame and embarrassment to the Nigeria educational system..Dangote should be jailed for this..and however let him, his wife and children go for their stupid training and drive their on truck on the deathtrap nigerian roads..mteew

You went to school for how many years, GRADUATED, and you speak like this?!! undecided This offer is too generous for you. You deserve to be a Clown at children's parties (Barney, Tellytubbies, etc)

@OP: Not only is this a fantastic initiative, i believe it will benefit the unemployed more than it would Dangote because nothing stops him from continuing to recruit illiterates. We need educated and rational people taking up these kind of jobs for obvious reasons. For one, Salary will be at least over N80,000 monthly. There will be better road safety awareness, and it is a skill in high demand in Europe and America, thus if you find yourself abroad you won't be redundant and end up flippin' burgers in McDonalds.

I've always said that there are jobs in Nigeria for people who want to work. Unemployment is an illusion for the lazy. Everyone wants to work in Oil Company and Bank to feed their egos, even if they have no future/career progression potentials.

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 02, 2012
With the level of unemployment in tyhe country,you will see even a graduate of Engineering applying for the job...
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 02, 2012
With the level of unemployment in the country,you will see even a graduate of Engineering applying for the job...
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 02, 2012
Yes! I'm now convinced the country is finished, the only thing left in Nigeria is it name... I don't get this... Bsc truck drivers?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 02, 2012
ogbeche77: Yes! I'm now convinced the country is finished, the only thing left in Nigeria is it name... I don't get this... Bsc truck drivers?

grin grin
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by dplordx(m): 1:40pm On Aug 02, 2012
So much for BSC and BA. Atleast, soon, they would need a PhD for a gateman. Sad.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by mololo: 1:41pm On Aug 02, 2012
o

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by hadecunleh: 1:41pm On Aug 02, 2012
I just applied. Whine for all i care. Half bread is better than puff puff. wink

9 Likes

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by kayrukky: 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
What an insult to the nation! The Government should be held liable for not making provision for the University graduates.
Have u ever seen any advert from Microsoft in united states looking for graduate drivers?
this is a bad precedence, If this go unchecked, I bet one day PHD holders will be called to come and clean toilet.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by lumeneng22: 1:47pm On Aug 02, 2012
This is a very good offer for jobless graduate and training will be provided. What of those engaging graduates for security jobs and paying them a ridiculous amt of N11,000.?

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by tollu: 1:47pm On Aug 02, 2012
I like the idea of getting trained to drive a heavy vehicle. If the centre wasn't in Zaria, I would have applied and used my annual leave to attend the training.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by searay(m): 1:48pm On Aug 02, 2012
So with my B.Agric, i go apply? Na lie. Instead, I go join politics or MEND/BH equivalent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Sustaining You Now Without A Job? / This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be. / Meet Osahon Ewansiha Hired By Prestofresco In Italy For Preventing Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.