Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies (23521 Views)

Dangote Group Massive Graduates And Exp. Job Recruitment / Japaul Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by chucky234(m): 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2012
Graduate drivers? That's an amazing offer for lazy graduates,guys what are you waiting for naw?
Can't stop laughing
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by abdulkayus(m): 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2012
U ppl shld continue blabblin, for me, i hav already applied and am a graduate of computer engineerin wit second class, make una sit down dere make pant dey wear una, mtwsssss
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by redsun(m): 4:06pm On Aug 02, 2012
The biggest problem in nigeria is that everybody wants to be a millionaire overnight without thinking or knowing how. Just because it is easy for the politicians,rogue business tycooms,civil servants,military personnels,bank personnels and even the police to loot their establishments and become rich overnight,without anybody raising an eye-lid,the youths thinks it is all rosy.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by occam(m): 4:06pm On Aug 02, 2012
searay:
i'll gladly take a loan of 200K. This is my email: savkifas4c@yahoo.com

loan ke? u wan take my money carry ashawo and do politics. No o
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by IfyAwazie(f): 4:22pm On Aug 02, 2012
searay: So with my B.Agric, i go apply? Na lie. Instead, I go join politics or MEND/BH equivalent
lol
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by redsun(m): 4:26pm On Aug 02, 2012
occam:

Loan without security,just like oil subsidy. Awufu country.

Every fcking d.ckhead can become rich in naija,all he/she needs is knowing a highly placed rogue in government.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Coldfaya(m): 4:28pm On Aug 02, 2012
Donalð Genes: Na waoooooo
what abou qraduate qateman

Rotflmfao. Smh ñ falls from a keke napeb. No b smal Thin broz
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by yuzedo: 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2012
Debeloved87:
unhn...i wont only give him credit, i will give him airtime, airtime to use his brain to think of how he is going to aid the nigerian graduates in developing themselves and contributing to the development of this country...US is already a developed states so their graduates can settle to serve at the bar while they wait for greater opportunities..the fact that you are a graduate driver doesnt guarantee that you wont behave as an illiterate on the road...one person cant do it alone, we all need to stand up develop ourselves to develop this country not by becoming a truck driver.

Funny how you are the most vociferous antagonist of this initiative on this thread, representing all "Indignant Nigerian Graduates who feel they deserve better" and you are yet to make ONE full, coherent comment devoid of typos or/and grammatical blunders. Yet you want to work in Sahara Oil or Exxon Mobil??!? undecided My guy go siddon jare! grin You are the reason Dangote is offering graduates Driver work because your aptitude is equivalent to that of a Primary school pupil! cheesy angry

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 02, 2012
basher: You guys are having a laugh!! Of course you know where to stick your Mickey mouse "degrees" which, 9 times out of 10, you have to come abroad to get a masters degree from a second rate uni to support it with before you can land a really decent job. In that case you better apply for the HGV training with Dangote, because if it’s done to international standards, it will be a transferable skill that you can use to hustle part-time when you come to do your masters degree abroad. HGV drivers in UK get around £1000 a week or more.

I believe Dangote has good intentions (if such a programme actually exists) because he's under no obligation to spend all that money training drivers when he can get drivers cheaply off the street; it certainly will be an industry-changing game-raiser. So, instead of sitting down & waiting for that "oyel" job that may never materialize, you are better off going into the HGV training programme at least to see how a proper transport company is run. Who knows, it might be you advertising for HGV drivers in the future. smiley

Haha stick it where the sun don't shine hahaha grin
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by iHustle(m): 5:07pm On Aug 02, 2012
basher: You guys are having a laugh!! Of course you know where to stick your Mickey mouse "degrees" which, 9 times out of 10, you have to come abroad to get a masters degree from a second rate uni to support it with before you can land a really decent job. In that case you better apply for the HGV training with Dangote, because if it’s done to international standards, it will be a transferable skill that you can use to hustle part-time when you come to do your masters degree abroad. HGV drivers in UK get around £1000 a week or more.

I believe Dangote has good intentions (if such a programme actually exists) because he's under no obligation to spend all that money training drivers when he can get drivers cheaply off the street; it certainly will be an industry-changing game-raiser. So, instead of sitting down & waiting for that "oyel" job that may never materialize, you are better off going into the HGV training programme at least to see how a proper transport company is run. Who knows, it might be you advertising for HGV drivers in the future. smiley

May your days be long.

Some people just run their buccal cavities anyhow. They complain of unemployment and crime, yet they condemn Dangote for this noble cause. Driving is a honourable vocation. it's just so unfortunate that our value system has been distorted.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by phaya(f): 5:12pm On Aug 02, 2012
Mstchewww I don't blame Dangote he obviously took advantage of the Nigeria (jobless)situation! Just imagine! Does he know the effort it took for someone to get Bsc Geez
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by http(m): 5:23pm On Aug 02, 2012
Am not surprise with majority of the responders, Nigeria has made us all lazy, we never want to work, majority of the Graduate want white collar job; my advise is for the serious ones to take this kind of offer, slow and steady, u need money, take the job, I know where i started from and i know where i am today.

from a personal experience, after my service, i never stay home for two months, i got a job at DHL, where, dispatch, i did this for 3 months before i got my dream job in Telecom, and i know the experience at DHL helps me alot. I never stop there, i left naija and where i am today, i can tell you am half driver, half engineer. I work on site so i have to drive my work truck to site ( i mean Jeep) naija style.

When i was in Naija working in a telecom company, i have a driver that will take me to site, but here in the state, even the governor will have to drive himself, there is dignity in labour.... A responsible person starts from small and from there God takes you to your destination....

Heaven helps those who help themselve, that what the scripture says, you are your own map to success and failure, luck and God are just 2% of whatever you become in life.

From the Truck driving, you will have contacts as long as you are serious in improving your skills, and no skill is a waste, i drive myself to site and also do my job.... Lets stop this lazy backward attitude if we want to make it in life, a lot of these millionaires work like slave before they make it. Someone said Adenuga was a former Cab Driver in New York... A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by wowo2: 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2012
This does not appear to me to be an offer for skills training or development. If it were for school leavers or undergraduates it will be a different ball game. This sounds more like the company is willing to pay more than they would a school dropout even if he is world class truck driver.

http: Am not surprise with majority of the responders, Nigeria has made us all lazy, we never want to work, majority of the Graduate want white collar job; my advise is for the serious ones to take this kind of offer, slow and steady, u need money, take the job, I know where i started from and i know where i am today.

from a personal experience, after my service, i never stay home for two months, i got a job at DHL, where, dispatch, i did this for 3 months before i got my dream job in Telecom, and i know the experience at DHL helps me alot. I never stop there, i left naija and where i am today, i can tell you am half driver, half engineer. I work on site so i have to drive my work truck to site ( i mean Jeep) naija style.

When i was in Naija working in a telecom company, i have a driver that will take me to site, but here in the state, even the governor will have to drive himself, there is dignity in labour.... A responsible person starts from small and from there God takes you to your destination....

Heaven helps those who help themselve, that what the scripture says, you are your own map to success and failure, luck and God are just 2% of whatever you become in life.

From the Truck driving, you will have contacts as long as you are serious in improving your skills, and no skill is a waste, i drive myself to site and also do my job.... Lets stop this lazy backward attitude if we want to make it in life, a lot of these millionaires work like slave before they make it. Someone said Adenuga was a former Cab Driver in New York... A word is enough for the wise.

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by iHustle(m): 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2012
younix: wud av love 2 apply,bt unfortunately i cant drive. bt seriously its beta dan notin.

Did you not read the part that says that no driving experience is required?
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by http(m): 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2012
wowo2: This does not appear to me to be an offer for skills training or development. If it were for school leavers or undergraduates it will be a different ball game. This sounds more like the company is willing to pay more than they would a school dropout even if he is world class truck driver.

This is not a life term job, get the skill, the job and continue your job hunt. whatever anyone learn there will be useful in later job.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by gajike: 5:55pm On Aug 02, 2012
instead of using your degree to drive lorry for dangote. why csnt you emulate dangote himself by starting something on your own. as little as it may be start doing something on your own now, you will get their someday like dangote.
Dangote start little and see him now.
if as unemployed as you are, you are able to afford using blackberry and pay BIS cost and pay internet charges to be in this forum you can still do something with that little money.
example go to a nearby village, lease an acre of land it may cost like 5,000 in remote area. the strenght you want to use in driving big lorry even in the night, you can use that to cultivate that pacel of land and plant pepper and tomatoes. it takes three month for you to be reaping like worth of 50,000 crop every week. with your degree dangote cannot pay you that. its better late than never, start something today, you will get their someday.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by muktarmtt(m): 6:05pm On Aug 02, 2012
@Searay wit ur Bsc.Agric u aready have a job jst to farm cultivate crops 4 9ja we need graduate lyk u bsc agic indeed, a beg go apply or u will die in starvation,
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by emsquare(m): 7:09pm On Aug 02, 2012
ibehenry@rocket:
Lool. I bet y'all be singing; My name nah Patito,I be world class driver on the steering. SMH

Lmao!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Ladipodeal: 7:49pm On Aug 02, 2012
My fear are the roads to drive the trucks thru, driving saloon car along the route plied by these trucks is hell. Cant even think of spending d night at the trailer park close to Lagos in d name of waiting to be called to load goods. Lalai
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by trulyspeaking: 8:27pm On Aug 02, 2012
mololo: If the Billionaire truelly wants to empower Nigerian youths...he should think of a better way of doing it..what career path will they follow when they become drivers... Aliko is damn selfish and thinks only of him,self and his business...this is exploitation.
If he wants to get the youth off the streets he should establish entrepreneurial development centres across the six geo poliltical zones and teach the youth the rudiments of business and life skills so they can be self reliant and not trying to exploit them...

Well said. Thumbs up!
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by LeJeun3: 8:50pm On Aug 02, 2012
chucky234: Graduate drivers? That's an amazing offer for lazy graduates,guys what are you waiting naw?
Can't stop laughing
Wat do you mean by lazy graduates?
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Seunakj(m): 8:59pm On Aug 02, 2012
May God help graduates in this country Nigeria
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by coolkaboom(m): 9:02pm On Aug 02, 2012
A client of mine handles haulage for nig brewries, and d driver's official salary is abt 70 k but add in allowances and bonuses, d hardest workin ones make a helluva killin. Some get mor than 200k, easyIf properly set up, a young guy (not us, our throat don long and eye too chuke) gets training, licensees, qualifications etc and proceeds to plough his way out of poverty. Nobody says he gotta do it forever, but he can work hard, save like hell and use d capital to pursue his dreams, afterwards. Do u know how much truckers earn abroad?Each truck costs like 20 mil, its smart business to put sharp ppl behind d wheels, not d illiterate muthafuckas that currently rule our roads
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 02, 2012
My fellow jobless graduates of great degree and wonderful learning from a country where there is so much employment, pls dont apply. i know exxon mobil, shell, agip , kpmg and total are chasing all of you around begging u to come work for them..... unfortunately not all of us come from homes where after 5 yrs in school, u still sit around waiting for hand outs....pls feel free not to apply. that will create more chances for me and people who know that today you may drive trucks, tomorrow you may own trucks...just so you know, the reason you went to school is for you to adapt to any condition and make the best of any condition you see your self,
having said that, if you live in the US and you feel you know naija very well,then you should know that whatever policy that works in the international community cannot work here.... so if dangote wants msc holders to wipe his assss and you feel you've got the asss wiping balls and the money is commiserate withe work you are doing, go ahead that is why it is called democracy....
BTW my fellow lazy graduates, where were u when he was recruiting for managers and IT people and accountants, economist, engineers and all that..... wht? your fantastic degree was not accepted?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by searay(m): 9:42pm On Aug 02, 2012
redsun:

I wonder! He can take up the offer,save up some money,buy the equipments u suggested and set tjp his own small scale business.

Staying for long without a paid job is demoralizing and brain numbing,while the reverse is the case even with a low paid job.
Keep wondering. You succk!
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by searay(m): 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
occam:

bros no follow me ooo, i don applied for twice now
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Unkl(m): 10:06pm On Aug 02, 2012
Just passing....
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Ndipe(m): 10:13pm On Aug 02, 2012
I'd say take the job if desperate for a job and then look for in-house opportunities. No condition is permanent.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by MMM2(m): 11:10pm On Aug 02, 2012
How much is he going 2 pay dem
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by mkoabiola: 11:17pm On Aug 02, 2012
Nja I hail dee,I won't b surprise to see dose lamenting n condemind Dangote will now take up d job stylishly.true talk only to write rubbish n dscourage oda graduates. Start somewhere ,beta dan sitting idle
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by yorubanation: 3:28am On Aug 03, 2012
BAAAAAAAAAAAADraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash...........Just what those boko-haram nouveau-riches are meant to accomplish! After all,graduate armed robbers have been created by ds looters, assisted by successive NIGERIAN GOVERNMENTS at the FEDERAL AD Sate levels since 1986. Called businessmen in Nigeria,they are used by political office holders to DRAIN the treasury to keep in trust for ''themselves'' to keep Nig. just where despotism thrives ad continually THE PEOPLE thrive to be losers .Gudluk to Nigeria's proposed ruins ad damnation!............ ,
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by oseo1(m): 3:54am On Aug 03, 2012
Great move by dangote, I used to run a haulage firm and every day I wished i had graduates as drivers. If i could afford it i would have gotten them. And for all you negative peope saying there is something wrong with being a truck driver you need to travel abroad. I know a guy that makes $85,000 a year driving a truck and he has an Msc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ernst And Young Calling For Aptitude Test 2012 / Innoson Motors Recruiting 3000 Employees / This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.