Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. (14391 Views)

Create Your Thoughts, Don't Let Your Thoughts Create You... / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church / Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Lerin(f): 2:33pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ijogz K: Flee from every appearance of evil.. They are Cultist go and watch their history and you would be shocked.... Father ko mother ni.. Awon Gaaay oshii!!! angry
may God have mercy on you. I will like to know where u watched the history from. I guess it's another friction carved by u so called pentecostals (deceiver of brethren) to deceive pple.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by akpanbaba: 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2012
Please combine two denominations.Go to morning mass and from ther you go to WInners.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by eyenCalabar(m): 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
@Op: How old are you? It's shameful that you are being tossed to and fro doctrines but I don't blame you rather your parents because even the Bible says train up a child in a way he should go and when he grows, he won't depart from it. The simple reason here is that your parent failed you in their responsibilities that's why you are having problems today thinking of what to do. I bet you that even you go there, you won't stay up to six months without beginning to think where next to go. A woman may even be the one dragging you to her own next. For me, I'll recommend Christ Embassy for you.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by mko2005: 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
Don't follow your heart but follow the word.The things you listen to might influence you either negatively or positively. But follow the word of God.Not TRADITIONS of old or of men. The word,the word,the word ! But if you dnt study the word,meditate,how can you know what to follow. Dnt let any man deceive you. No church in Heaven. But on earth we have the synagogue of God and the synagogue of satan. Most times if you go in,you are traped for life except God decides to help you like HE did for Saul/Paul. M.K.O smiley
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Smallville4live(m): 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2012
Please remain where you are and not join the Catholic. Its just an advice.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Lordave: 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2012
frosbel: If you want to join a Mary worshipping cult then the catholic church is for you.

Remember membership of a church , any sect for that matter, is not what qualifies you as a Christian.

You must be born into the Kingdom of God to count as one of his. If any man does not have the Spirit of Christ he is none of his.

Simply taking membership, especially of a false institution will not cut with God.

Do not be deceived.

God wants to convert you to his child not into a member of an apostate church.
I de by your side.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Iykecollins(m): 2:39pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ijogz K: Flee from every appearance of evil.. They are Cultist go and watch their history and you would be shocked.... Father ko mother ni.. Awon Gaaay oshii!!! angry

It will do u a lot of gud if u close ur mouth dan open it an spit poo at what u know little or nothin about and attract codemnation to yourself. You c y catholics don't make noise is because they know what they believe in and it works for them. Many of the arguements are always why should we ask the saints, holy mary and angels of God to pray for us, and the question is; if we can ask our priests, pastors,church members who we are not even sure how close really they are to God to pray 4 us how much more those that have been confirmed as saints and announced by the angel as blessed and full of grace. My little cent. A proud catholic.

6 Likes

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Lordave: 2:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
I must say that this op is an anti christian, who delights in the dis unity of believers.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by djfiifi(m): 2:41pm On Aug 14, 2012
Why would your church be anti-catholic?
Catholic was,and forever shall it remain.Keep on hating us but day in day out,THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS GROWING.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by mkmyers45(m): 2:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
akpanbaba: Please combine two denominations.Go to morning mass and from ther you go to WInners.

Stop all these division
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by esn1(f): 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2012
frosbel: If you want to join a Mary worshipping cult then the catholic church is for you.

Remember membership of a church , any sect for that matter, is not what qualifies you as a Christian.

You must be born into the Kingdom of God to count as one of his. If any man does not have the Spirit of Christ he is none of his.

Simply taking membership, especially of a false institution will not cut with God.

Do not be deceived.

God wants to convert you to his child not into a member of an apostate church.

IF U R NOT COOL WITH THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, LEAVE THOSE WHO ARE COMFORTABLE WITH IT, THE OP IS COMFORTABLE WITH IT, SO BE CAREFUL NOT TO TURN ONE'S MIND AGAINST WHAT HE OR SHE BELIEVES. I LOVE THE CATHOLIC FAITH, THEIR STYLE AND EVERYTHING.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by mkmyers45(m): 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2012
eyenCalabar: @Op: How old are you? It's shameful that you are being tossed to and fro doctrines but I don't blame you rather your parents because even the Bible says train up a child in a way he should go and when he grows, he won't depart from it. The simple reason here is that your parent failed you in their responsibilities that's why you are having problems today thinking of what to do. I bet you that even you go there, you won't stay up to six months without beginning to think where next to go. A woman may even be the one dragging you to her own next. For me, I'll recommend Christ Embassy for you.

Shut up your plates of meat before fly full am....why insult his parents? you surely come off as the one who is ill trained

So youre recommending Christ Embassy? Mtswwwwww

4 Likes

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 14, 2012
esn1:

IF U R NOT COOL WITH THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, LEAVE THOSE WHO ARE COMFORTABLE WITH IT, THE OP IS COMFORTABLE WITH IT, SO BE CAREFUL NOT TO TURN ONE'S MIND AGAINST WHAT HE OR SHE BELIEVES. I LOVE THE CATHOLIC FAITH, THEIR STYLE AND EVERYTHING.

You love the Catholic church, their rituals and pomp , but you do not love Christ.

I understand !!
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by mkmyers45(m): 2:52pm On Aug 14, 2012
frosbel:

You love the Catholic church, their rituals and pomp , but you do not love Christ.

I understand !!

on what premise do you make such conclusions?

1 Like

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
mkmyers45:

on what premise do you make such conclusions?

Simple. You do not love a church as a Christian, you love Christ and the members of his church , which by the way is the invisible body of believers worldwide.

Besides as a former catholic and even a youth leader in the RCC, I have seen enough of pagan practice and worship, outright heresy and truth twisting to make me sick to the stomach.

All we need to worship God is a truly repentance heart, forgiveness of sins and a new living way through the power of the Holy Spirit. All this can only be achieved through Christ Jesus for he is the only way.

We do not need dead saints, Mary , candles, mass and a host of other pagan practices to save us from sin and death.

Jesus is the way not the RCC church and their false pope.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by lordizak(m): 2:59pm On Aug 14, 2012
if saying *hail mary full of grace d lord is with u, blessed are u among women and blessed iz d fruit of ur womb jesus* and asking her 2 intercede on my behalf of my sin will make me go to hell, then hell i*ll go gladly. Not even if a pentecostal pastor raises me 4rm death will i convert. Catholic 2 d death i remain.

5 Likes

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by zanswat: 3:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
Christianity isn't a religion. Its a way of life. Its about building your spiritual life and having a personal relationship with God. You shouldn't be compelled to do anything,but if you receive God's unadulterated word and your spiritual life is growing in the catholic church,please stay there.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by jamp: 3:03pm On Aug 14, 2012
why do you people derive joy in condemning the catholic church. anyway am not surprised. upon all the criticism the catholic church still stand strong even with the crises within the church.

the Bible say in Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

and the gates of hell shall not prevail meaning that forces of darkness( criticism, heresy, child abuse, adultery etc) will not prevail. all these will happen but the church of Christ will not fall.

am not surprised when i see all these attacks because JESUS said it.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by mkmyers45(m): 3:04pm On Aug 14, 2012
frosbel:

Simple. You do not love a church as a Christian, you love Christ and the members of his church , which by the way is the invisible body of believers worldwide.

Besides as a former catholic and even a youth leader in the RCC, I have seen enough of pagan practice and worship, outright heresy and truth twisting to make me sick to the stomach.

All we need to worship God is a truly repentance heart, forgiveness of sins and a new living way through the power of the Holy Spirit. All this can only be achieved through Christ Jesus for he is the only way.

We do not need dead saints, Mary , candles, mass and a host of other pagan practices to save us from sin and death.

Jesus is the way not the RCC church and their false pope.

and how do you know that the OP is not living in the way you just described...
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by LordReed(m): 3:04pm On Aug 14, 2012
@OP
Your spirit is more important than the outer forms of worship men display so the question to you is what sort of spiritual development will you gain by the move?

After you have examined this question thoroughly you will have enough information to make a good decision.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 14, 2012
You should associate with those who believe in the Bible and whose beliefs are Bible-based, not fancy traditions. In the end, you'll be saved based on adherence to the scriptural principles.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
mkmyers45:

and how do you know that the OP is not living in the way you just described...

My point is, that salvation cannot be found in a physical church , be it RCC, RCCG or even Deeper life.

Salvation can only be found in Christ.

To request that a person be converted into Catholicism means that he is converted into a system and not to Christ.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Lordave: 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
lordizak: if saying *hail mary full of grace d lore is with u, blessed are u among women and blessed iz d fruit of ur womb jesus* and asking her 2 intercede on my behalf of my sin will make me go to hell, then hell i*ll go gladly. Not even if a pentecostal pastor raises me 4rm death will i convert. Catholic 2 d death i remain.
you think you are alive?

1 Like

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Lordave: 3:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
lordizak: if saying *hail mary full of grace d lore is with u, blessed are u among women and blessed iz d fruit of ur womb jesus* and asking her 2 intercede on my behalf of my sin will make me go to hell, then hell i*ll go gladly. Not even if a pentecostal pastor raises me 4rm death will i convert. Catholic 2 d death i remain.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by dioman: 3:10pm On Aug 14, 2012
dt isnt a bad faith bt follow ur hrt nt lov.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by AK481(m): 3:11pm On Aug 14, 2012
Most churches av their general overseer alive,which means dat these churches are new and seceeded from other churches.wat i want to know is,which church gave birth to d catholic church? In d absense of any anwser....
I wil asume that;
1. The catholic church is the first and original church(there s no way the church started by the apostle n ordained by christ wil go to extinction)
2.all other churches ran away from the 'original church to start up their own,either due to disagrement or selfish reasons.
3.most pastors e.g oyakilome,oyedepo,kumuyi etc,would av been a cath priest if they can endure celibacy,bt since they cant they just av to start up theirs.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by mkmyers45(m): 3:14pm On Aug 14, 2012
frosbel:

My point is, that salvation cannot be found in a physical church , be it RCC, RCCG or even Deeper life.

Salvation can only be found in Christ.

To request that a person be converted into Catholicism means that he is converted into a system and not to Christ.

Well you've made a good point...
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by matrixme(m): 3:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
There is this interesting thing about Christianity that make its denominations pocess a form of peculiarity. As a pentecostal member, one thing I discover about the Catholics is the fact that they are about the most humane people on the planet. You don't just consider the humanity of The Divinity, and not expect something to rubb off on you. They always differ from the Pentecostals that are so keen on God and the spiritual, yet forget to love, live with and care for their human neighbours. Salvation belongs to God anyway, so He's the only one that tells who and who does not qualify for it, -not man. People may say Catholics pray to Mary and the saints, but they aren't of the Devil anyway, and they call the name of Jesus in their prayers. I'll advice you have a very strong conviction within you for the basis of your change anyway... Way beyond the fascination for the devotional and a good character.

3 Likes

Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by zannie(f): 3:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
And someone is already recommending Christ Embassy like its a drug. Smh! Naija Christians sef.
There is absolutely no salvation in any church! Simple! If u feel a particular church draws u closer to God whether Catholic, Anglican, Baptist, Christ Embassy, Redeemed, Grail, wherever...then good for you. We as human beings are individually different so whatever rocks your boat.
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 14, 2012
AK 48:
1. The catholic church is the first and original church(there s no way the church started by the apostle n ordained by christ wil go to extinction)

Wrong !!

The church that was started by Christ is not made with human hands and does not contain the doctrines of men.

"They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.'" - Matthew 15:9

"Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands." - 2 Corinthians 5:1

Mark 14:58 "We heard him say, 'I will destroy this man-made temple and in three days will build another, not made by man

Christ destroyed the temple built by Man but the false RCC institution reinstated another church built by man and not God with the pope as the head.

2.all other churches ran away from the 'original church to start up their own,either due to disagrement or selfish reasons.

They are all harlot churches with the exception of a very few.

3.most pastors e.g oyakilome,oyedepo,kumuyi etc,would av been a cath priest if they can endure celibacy,bt since they cant they just av to start up theirs

Celibacy is a doctrine of demons.

"They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth." - 1 Timothy 4:3
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by wowo2: 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2012
peer pressure? Do what you really want It is one life on earth...
Re: My Friends Want Me To Become Catholic. Your Thoughts. by 76Naira(m): 3:27pm On Aug 14, 2012
I am a Catholic and I would advice you to believe in what you do. Simply doing something because your friends said so is called "peer pressure".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? / 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible / "Your Wife Must Eat First Before You Eat" - Prophetess Patience Obi To Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.