Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,759 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Which Other African Attire Do You Like? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Other African Attire Do You Like? (35718 Views)

Chinese Man Rocking Yoruba Traditional Attire (Photos) / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria Traditional Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 03, 2012
onila:
hes a caribbean guy from the UK not Nigeria

no need 2 be insultive when you are not even sure where hes from undecided

I am sure you have 2 apologize just the way you had to say sorry 2 Mzdarkskin

when I see the Yoruba yoruba insultive evil spirit manifesting I had 2 call it out and rebuke the demon angry
its sad some of you cant just stop it

Bleep your life and your family for insulting the progenitor of the Yoruba race, dumb bastard...

I see Igbo forest and cannibalistic spirits fvcking up your Igbotic lives - your father should've sacrificed your fugly body to the Igbo cannibalistic gods when you were born, slag.

Keep oduduwa out of your posts, dumb fvck...
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by onila(f): 6:09pm On Aug 03, 2012
shymmex:

Bleep your life and your family for insulting the progenitor of the Yoruba race, dumb bastard...

I see Igbo forest and cannibalistic spirits fvcking up your Igbotic lives - your father should've sacrificed your fugly body to the Igbo cannibalistic gods when you were born, slag.

Keep oduduwa out of your posts, dumb fvck...

grin lol the insulting genes is truly dominant in these pple
Hey I got no problem with you shymexx. you are a cool dude but you need to stop being insultive
calling him a fool was just unecessary

I am sure you have lost friends in real life due to your bad tongue tongue
just giving you an advice from a sister
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 03, 2012
onila:
grin lol the insulting genes is truly dominant in these pple
Hey I got no problem with you shymexx. you are a cool dude but you need to stop being insultive
calling him a fool was just unecessary

I am sure you have lost friends in real life due to your bad tongue tongue
just giving you an advice from a sister

STFU!!! You mentioned "oduduwa" like you did on the basketball thread yesterday, dumb fvck... I guess the uncultured genes in your igbotic blood is to blame for your stupidity..

Post comments next time without bringing people's lineage into it - and I could care less if the guy is Jamaican, or Jafrican...

And I don't have stupid friends, and there's no need to get 'insultive' to cultured people whom were raised the right way, slag....

I choose my friends wisely!!
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by onila(f): 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2012
shymmex:

STFU!!! You mentioned "oduduwa" like you did on the basketball thread yesterday, dumb fvck... I guess the uncultured genes in your igbotic blood is to blame for your stupidity..

Post comments next time without bringing people's lineage into it - and I could care less if the guy is Jamaican, or Jafrican...

And I don't have stupid friends, and there's no need to get 'insultive' to cultured people whom were raised the right way, slag....

I choose my friends wisely!!

i am just calling out the insultive genes when I see it wink
dont worry I wont say oduduwa but Yoruba next time smiley
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 03, 2012
onila:
i am just calling out the insultive genes when I see it wink
dont worry I wont say oduduwa but Yoruba next time smiley

Whatever, but keep ODUDUWA out of your posts, period... Your people are just reaping what they sowed - the 'insultive' genes are more dominant in Igbotic people than any other Nigerian tribe - ask Mrchippychappy, nri priest, logic101, andre uweh, nzoghiadia, bashr8, odenigbo aroli etc..

You insult Yoruba people everywhere on the damn forum, yet can't live without them - I guess it's the inbred jealousy.. Hate on what you can't conquer!!
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 03, 2012
@#%&@/exotik

I know how abusive you and PhysicsQED get when anyone talks about the Oba of Benin (not even Eweka 1). grin

So, don't take sides..
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by onila(f): 6:39pm On Aug 03, 2012
shymmex:

Whatever, but keep ODUDUWA out of your posts, period... Your people are just reaping what they sowed - the 'insultive' genes are more dominant in Igbotic people than any other Nigerian tribe - ask Mrchippychappy, nri priest, logic101, andre uweh, nzoghiadia, bashr8, odenigbo aroli etc..

You insult Yoruba people everywhere on the damn forum, yet can't live without them - I guess it's the inbred jealousy.. Hate on what you can't conquer!!

they are insultive pple in igboland but you cant compare. yorubas 2 me are the most insultive I have seen in my life lipsrsealed
yoruba men are more chilled compare 2 your women tho. your women are beasts
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 03, 2012
onila:
they are insultive pple in igboland but you cant compare. yorubas 2 me are the most insultive I have seen in my life lipsrsealed
yoruba men are more chilled compare 2 your women tho.

Listen, I could care less about who's more 'insultive' or not. I'm more of a traditionalist/free spirited Yoruba guy, and my belief system is more intertwined with the Oduduwa story - and not Christianity/Islam...

I take everything about Oduduwa seriously - keep the name out of your posts when I'm on a thread... undecided
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by onila(f): 6:44pm On Aug 03, 2012
shymmex:

Listen, I could care less about who's more 'insultive' or not. I'm more of a traditionalist/free spirited Yoruba guy, and my belief system is more intertwined with the Oduduwa story - and not Christianity/Islam...

I take everything about Oduduwa seriously - keep the name out of your posts when I'm on a thread... undecided

i agree your free spirited but u will be so much better without the insults, dont u think so smiley
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by member58: 6:49pm On Aug 03, 2012
shymmex: @#%&@/exotik

I know how abusive you and PhysicsQED get when anyone talks about the Oba of Benin (not even Eweka 1). grin

So, don't take sides..

lol...i thought the argument was about gele?

but yeah, oduduwa is revered by edo people and ive never read any edo person make snide remarks about him on this forum.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 03, 2012
onila:
i agree your free spirited but u will be so much better without the insults, dont u think so smiley

To every action, there's a reaction... You did the same thing on the basketball thread yesterday when you had your little argument with shollypopz - and I ignored your stupidity, but it's only right for me to call you out today...

Insult people without insulting their lineage, and my post was directed to black-kenichi, and not you - so, why bring oduduwa into it? Heck, the post had nothing to do with Yoruba, and more to do with Nigerian people blowing their own trumpet.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Fulaman198(m): 6:58pm On Aug 03, 2012
Guys can we cut out this ethnic bullcrap of insulting one another. It is more of an individual based thing, not an ethnic group based thing.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 03, 2012
#%&@:

lol...i thought the argument was about gele?

but yeah, oduduwa is revered by edo people and ive never read any edo person make snide remarks about him on this forum.

The girl turned it into throwing jabs at 'oduduwa'.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by onila(f): 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
shymmex:

To every action, there's a reaction... You did the same thing on the basketball thread yesterday when you had your little argument with shollypopz - and I ignored your stupidity, but it's only right for me to call you out today...

Insult people with insulting their lineage, and my post was directed to black-kenichi, and not you - so, why bring oduduwa into it? Heck, the post had nothing to do with Yoruba, and more to do with Nigerian people blowing their own trumpet.

no use insutling him. .its uncalled for

thats what I was trying point out in the other thread
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2012
onila:
no use insutling him. .its uncalled for

thats what I was trying point out in the other thread

Calling someone a 'fool' where I'm from isn't an insult, I don't know how you guys get down in Nigeria....

And about the other thread, what did the girl say to you that warranted you throwing jabs at 'Oduduwa', huh?

That's how you guys turn everyone into a 'tribalist' and I won't be surprised if shollypopz(a detribalised chic) becomes a tribalist in the next couple of month... You guys need to learn how to talk to people without bringing tribe into everything..

You and EzeUche turned a basketball game between Nigeria and USA into a Yoruba vs Igbo war....

I asked a question on this thread, based on what I saw in the video posted by another poster - but Stillwater turned it into a tribal fight - and you continued from where she stopped.... But just like you guys always end up doing, you played the blame game when the going gets tough...

I'm done with you!!

**Spits on the idiotic thread**
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by onila(f): 7:22pm On Aug 03, 2012
fool is not an insultive word
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Zeruchi: 8:40pm On Aug 03, 2012
shymmex:

Even the name 'gele' sounds Yoruba, and I've seen pictures of 17th century Yoruba women wearing it... Edo women wear beads on their heads - and Igbo women NEVER used to wear head tie back in the day - they probably started wearing it after the white people came...

Just ignore the tribalists who like claiming everything as their own.. undecided undecided

Do you have any proof of the 17th century claim?
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 03, 2012
#%&@:
[size=14pt]this is the problem when a word from a group is adopted for something over other words from other groups. the group from which the word was adopted starts claiming invention. gele means headscarf nothing more, nothing less. other groups have their words for headscarf. [/size]hell, even fulani women tie their hair and im sure they would have a word for it thats if the word has not been rendered obsolete thanks to the almighty gele. grin

but tying hair with damask, im not sure how that started.[/b]

Even the Woodabe tribe as ancient as they are tie a headscarf. grin

@Shymmex
You are a bastard!!! May you choke on your tongue that you used to call your forefathers a mongrel. Who the heck are you? A freaking loser that logs in with different IDs to fight ordinary internet tiffs. Talk of major inferiority complex and insecurity! Shameless beast that was spat out of the sewers of London. What the heck do you think gele means? A freaking headtie that most African women not only Nigerians have been wearing. Materials differ from place to place.

My angst wasn't even about who started wearing headties or not, can't be bothered, I'm not that insecure like you guys, it was the foolish, re.tarded comments olodo rabatas, otondo raised to the power of 100 aka Ileke idi made about so called 'modern' styles Yoruba people are the ones designing them, scarves that are not even Nigerian made? grin Bloo.dy hell! Styles stylish Nigerians have been wearing ranging from Miriam Babaginda to big time society ladies all across Nigeria.

Bloody fo.ol!!! What do you know about Nigeria apart from what you feed off from the net from internet sycophants like ileke idi.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 03, 2012
That was how the idi.ot ileke idi posted a pic of a girl in ankara, and called it Yoruba dressing. Can anyone get any more brain dead?
I hope Ghanaians and the rest of Africa don't see it, grin and think Nigerians are as stu.pid as this God-forsaken virus.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Zeruchi: 9:00pm On Aug 03, 2012
Lmao grin
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
stillwater:
@Shymmex
You are a bastard!!! May you choke on your tongue that you used to call your forefathers a mongrel. Who the heck are you? A freaking loser that logs in with different IDs to fight ordinary internet tiffs. Talk of major inferiority complex and insecurity! Shameless beast that was spat out of the sewers of London. What the heck do you think gele means? A freaking headtie that most African women not only Nigerians have been wearing. Materials differ from place to place.

Look at the uncivilized dimwit, and your only claim to civilization is by living in Lagos - and you cited Lagos more times than your village on this thread... That shows how uncivilized you and your people are.. grin grin

FYI, I'm from Lagos - so, my people civilized you, and I'll say thanks for showing Lagos for civilizing, biat.ch... I created different IDs cause I was banned, slut... You think I've time on my hands to fight over petty things like you did whilst busting a vein in your throat, hillbilly?

I was spew out in the sewers of London, but you're from a generation of forest dwelling chimpnoids who have refused to transform into full humanoids... Don't ask me how I know monkey, check your little tail, hairy chest, beards, and muscled body, cu.nt faced chimp...

God saved you, you thanked my people in Lagos for civilizing you and your chimpnoid family, dimwitted monkey..

Eat a dyck, bia.tch!!!
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 03, 2012
Biatch, I asked anonymous6 a question based on her video - and the question had nothing to do with you. So, STFU!!!

I smell inbred inferiority complex, stupid scrounger..
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Zeruchi: 9:07pm On Aug 03, 2012
shymmex: Biatch, I asked anonymous6 a question based on her video - and the question had nothing to do with you. So, STFU!!!

I smell inbred inferiority complex, stupid scrounger..

Can you post a source for the 17th century quote or photo?
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by kandiikane(m): 9:07pm On Aug 03, 2012
Odumchi, can you please move this thread to fashion?
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by kandiikane(m): 9:11pm On Aug 03, 2012
Imagine, someone claiming to be from lagos when they only went to nigeria for the first time this year. Na waoo!

1 Like

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 03, 2012
shymmex:

Look at the uncivilized dimwit, and your only claim to civilization is by living in Lagos - and you cited Lagos more times than your village on this thread... That shows how uncivilized you and your people are.. grin grin

FYI, I'm from Lagos - so, my people civilized you, and I'll say thanks for showing Lagos for civilizing, biat.ch... I created different IDs cause I was banned, slut... You think I've time on my hands to fight over petty things like you did whilst busting a vein in your throat, hillbilly?

I was spew out in the sewers of London, but you're from a generation of forest dwelling chimpnoids who have refused have transform into full humanoids... Don't ask me how I know monkey, check your little tail, hairy chest, beards, and muscled body, cu.nt faced chimp...

God saved you I thanked my people in Lagos for civilizing you and your chimpnoid family, dimwitted monkey..

Eat a dyck, bia.tch!!!

Boring as ever. Why are you in london then? Why don't you go back home to your civilization? grin Olori buruku.
I'm not a tribalist that don't give kudos to whom it's due. I don't wear tribal tinted glasses, like your insecure self that settled for multiple IDs in defence of your tribe. Awwww. I love lagos, so you can die now.
Time for some history lessons
Lagos was fomerly the federal capital of Nigeria, so it makes sense for people to move there because of commercial structures there, same with Calabar.

These days Abuja is the main place to go to make the money. So people are rushing there. From your reasoning the original inhabitants of Abuja a civilizing the whole country? Oluwa gba wa o!!! grin May this foolishnes not infect me.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2012
All these Nigerians that grew up outside Nigeria, you'd think they'd be sheltered from tribalism. The kind of bigot-ism they exude you can only wonder what if they were brought up in Oshogbo or Ogbomosho? Probably be the chief ethnic cleanser in their village. cheesy May God punish all of you, that are bent on bringing disunity among Nigerians.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 03, 2012
stillwater:
Boring as ever. Why are you in london then? Why don't you go back home to your civilization? grin Olori buruku.
I'm not a tribalist that don't give kudos to whom it's due. I don't wear tribal tinted glasses, like your insecure self that settled for multiple IDs in defence of your tribe. Awwww. I love lagos, so you can die now.
Time for some history lessons
Lagos was fomerly the federal capital of Nigeria, so it makes sense for people to move there because of commercial structures there, same with Calabar.

These days Abuja is the main place to go to make the money. So people are rushing there. From your reasoning the original inhabitants of Abuja a civilizing the whole country? Oluwa gba wa o!!! grin May this foolishnes not infect me.

Fool, history 101 - Lagos Island used to be the capital of Nigeria - proper Lagos was under the Western Region... Ijebu merchants, Egba academics, slave returnees, and the old western region built Lagos... And Lagos has been thriving way before there was a country called; Nigeria... Go check your history books!!!

You think I give a fvck about tribe, huh I'm a realist and I give what I get - and I could care less about your feelings... undecided

I asked a simple content question BASED on a video - but you turned it into a tribal fight...
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2012
Zeruchi :

Can you post a source for the 17th century quote or photo?

Madame Tinubu 17th/18th century Yoruba woman.

[img]http://1.2.3.10/bmi/3.bp..com/-c0Fb9kHUHsc/Tnu_EL2bNnI/AAAAAAAAANY/xV8ILZ10lOE/s1600/Madam+Tinubu+1.jpg[/img]
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 03, 2012
To that quarter to die Shymmex, calling on Yoruba people to unite, I laugh in Congolese grin. After that Ife-Modakeke crisis, you think Yoruba people wont kill themselves. Expert tribalists in your community would have probably massacred you baby tribalist and use your head to play football before unification talks start. Lmao.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nayah(f): 9:31pm On Aug 03, 2012
As non Nigerian I can tell I'm crazy about their attire, but Ghanaians are also too much. Then, Kenya and South African smiley
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 03, 2012
Typical of these psychotic chimpnoids to always play the blame game...

The most tribalistic mongrels on NL are your people - and every Yoruba person speaking out is just reacting to your chimpnoid race...

Stfu and stop crying, slut..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oba Adeyemi Adediran Ordained As Pastor 13 Years After His Coronation (Photos) / Ganduje Vs Sanusi: Emir Sanusi Bars ‘Sokon’ Kano From Palace / Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.