Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:50 PM

Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State - Properties (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State (204030 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:56pm On Nov 19, 2012
Entrance of the main building

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:59pm On Nov 19, 2012
For the areas that are ready, we are already closing the rods with wood for casting.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:01pm On Nov 19, 2012
full looks of the BQ

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:07pm On Nov 19, 2012
Front

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:08pm On Nov 19, 2012
side

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:09pm On Nov 19, 2012
back

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Niiade(m): 12:44am On Nov 20, 2012
Well done, great work you doing sir. I want to know, whats the set-up for the bq i mean what do the space cover, living roomm,bedroom etc thanks sir
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 1:16pm On Nov 20, 2012
Niiade: Well done, great work you doing sir. I want to know, whats the set-up for the bq i mean what do the space cover, living roomm,bedroom etc thanks sir

I designed this BQ to be just two rooms, each with an in-built toilet/bath. They both measure about 12ftX10ft each.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2012
spyder880:

I designed this BQ to be just two rooms, each with an in-built toilet/bath. They both measure about 12ftX10ft each.
Oga Spyder is it safe to say then that its 2 self contained rooms, that is 2 rooms each with an inbuilt toilet and bath. Because i initially thought it was a sitting room, a bedroom and the toilet and bathroom.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 7:22am On Nov 21, 2012
What we did in this site yesterday was to cast the BQ lintels with concrete, all done 100%. The main building is also recieving our serious attention as my carpenter is busy on the woodwork, even as casting is going on at the completed pillars.
The iron workers are also doing their work as they hang the beam rods. The outer pillars are the next thing, I have got a carpenter to frame the lone pillar so we can extend it upwards, then the two in front of the entrance door will be done, I am thinking of using blocks to raise the column, cast in the middle with concrete.

There is no problems here.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 7:31am On Nov 21, 2012
jites:
Oga Spyder is it safe to say then that its 2 self contained rooms, that is 2 rooms each with an inbuilt toilet and bath. Because i initially thought it was a sitting room, a bedroom and the toilet and bathroom.

Yes, there are two self contained rooms only.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:45am On Nov 21, 2012
The next plans going on is the start of the parapet in this house preparatory to roofing. We are already making arrangements for the selection of high quality wood. This house will be capped with high quality stone coated roofing tiles.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:34pm On Nov 21, 2012
There are only slight changes from the previous pictures, we are here casting concrete on the framed pillars

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:36pm On Nov 21, 2012
The back of the house, showing part of the BQ from a distance.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
offloading some cement in our temporal store.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:43pm On Nov 21, 2012
close up pix on the BQ

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:46pm On Nov 21, 2012
Lintels all done, ready for topping of blocks in preparation for roofing.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by jites(m): 10:33pm On Nov 21, 2012
spyder880: Lintels all done, ready for topping of blocks in preparation for roofing.
shwo na wa o, the speed when this BQ take stand dey wonder me o, well done oga spyder
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:17am On Nov 22, 2012
jites:
shwo na wa o, the speed when this BQ take stand dey wonder me o, well done oga spyder

Bungalows and BQs are not supposed to take as long as duplexes. Plus, the team understands all the processes and are well motivated to performcheesy

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 1:58pm On Nov 22, 2012
I will open a new thread for a new contract we just landed. The project is for a parapet work on a huge bungalow in Ebonyi state. We are going to see how we can do a beautiful parapet with the best of materials at the lowest costs possible. We have started buying the materials already from today but the work proper will start as from next week.

We are here to do our best to deliver strong and beautiful projects at the most cost efficient manner at the shortest time possible. Thanks for all your support.

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by omanzo02: 7:53pm On Nov 22, 2012
spyder880: I will open a new thread for a new contract we just landed. The project is for a parapet work on a huge bungalow in Ebonyi state. We are going to see how we can do a beautiful parapet with the best of materials at the lowest costs possible. We have started buying the materials already from today but the work proper will start as from next week.

We are here to do our best to deliver strong and beautiful projects at the most cost efficient manner at the shortest time possible. Thanks for all your support.

Spyder880,

"Lowest cost possible" and "most cost efficient" sound great in my hearing, u just remind me of a quotation I got for labour from a builder that is 67 percent exceeds the quotation for the entire materials for the foundation lol, the naija 'make I hit' without reasoning mentality can be annoying at time. Lol. grin

What standard rate are brick/block layers paid where u are?. Cheer.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 10:39pm On Nov 22, 2012
spyder880: Lintels all done, ready for topping of blocks in preparation for roofing.
What type of material do you plan in roofing this house with? Will it be the same as the main house? I hope so!
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:45pm On Nov 22, 2012
prince_onx:
What type of material do you plan in roofing this house with? Will it be the same as the main house? I hope so!

My client has not communicated the choice to me, but it will be most suitable to roof the BQ same as the main building as this will ensure uniformity.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 10:46pm On Nov 22, 2012
spyder880: To God be all the glory. We have been moving from state to state in our quest to satisfy more clients. This time around we have landed in Ebonyi state, the salt of the nation. We have come to build another house for a new client. This house will be a duplex with the following features;

5 bedrooms all en suit (1 bedroom downstairs and 4 upstairs)
1 kitchen
1 kitchen store
1 library (downstairs)
1 study room (upstairs)
1 ante room
1 sizable main lounge
1 visitors W/c

In the finishing

parapet support for the roof
stone coated step tile sheets
metal doors in the external doors
internal and external tiles
designed window hoods
external toilet works
alluring fitted kitchen

This house will be built with a budget of N12.2m. Target completion date is 120 days. We start counting down from next week, maybe by Tuesday next week when we shall start bringing the boys and materials into site. We just cleared the site.

This is going to be an interesting journey as we move along. Expect many pictures of work progress, styles of doing each of the stages and much more. Thanking you all for making our building experience a memorable one. Thanks. cheesy

By December 3rd (11 days from today) or there about, the projected/estimated 120 days to complete this house/project will be up! Do you have a new expected date/month of completing this project?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
omanzo02:

Spyder880,

"Lowest cost possible" and "most cost efficient" sound great in my hearing, u just remind me of a quotation I got for labour from a builder that is 67 percent exceeds the quotation for the entire materials for the foundation lol, the naija 'make I hit' without reasoning mentality can be annoying at time. Lol. grin

What standard rate are brick/block layers paid where u are?. Cheer.

67%! The guy eye dey red o grin
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 10:49pm On Nov 22, 2012
spyder880:

My client has not communicated the choice to me, but it will be most suitable to roof the BQ same as the main building as this will ensure uniformity.
Exactly! Roofing the main house, BQ, security/gate house, and car park with the same material looks very cool.

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:51pm On Nov 22, 2012
prince_onx:
By December 3rd (11 days from today) or there about, the projected/estimated 120 days to complete this house/project will be up! Do you have a new expected date/month of completing this project?

Actually, I stopped counting the days when the gaps for release of funds was causing too much delays. (The banks are to blame for this) Like now, I am supposed to be collecting the funds for the roofing stage so I can start making all advance arrangements for wood, roofing sheets and most importantly the plans for those that will do the work. But I may have to wait till some time after completing this stage before we start the roofing stage.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 11:27pm On Nov 22, 2012
spyder880:

Actually, I stopped counting the days when the gaps for release of funds was causing too much delays. (The banks are to blame for this) Like now, I am supposed to be collecting the funds for the roofing stage so I can start making all advance arrangements for wood, roofing sheets and most importantly the plans for those that will do the work. But I may have to wait till some time after completing this stage before we start the roofing stage.
TIME! Is one word you can't find in an African man's dictionary. I was frustrated when my protectors, doors, and windows were being made. Monday, the guys will tell you Friday unfailingly! Friday, they'll promise you that your job will be ready Monday. This culture also spread all the way here in the US. You go to an event that was schedule for 7pm and 8:45pm they haven't even started. The only time Africans keep to time or show up early here is when it has to do with immigration benefit!
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 3:10pm On Nov 23, 2012
Work is going on fully in this site as we are still working on the lintels, beams and pillars. We are really moving with the speed I like and work is expected to round off by next week, awaiting the external pillars. Topping of blocks will start later on the BQ as we have removed the wooden planks used for the lintels.

I just came back from this site and there will be picture updates at night.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by omanzo02: 7:42pm On Nov 23, 2012
spyder880:

67%! The guy eye dey red o grin

The way the guy want barber my head fear me o, anyway he don miss him luck be that, na to give the next person a chance to prove himself lol,

Spyder, there is one thing I have'nt read on your post or maybe I miss it, that is "legal procedure" in giving/awarding a contract to a builder, what can u advise us on that?, thanks.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 7:56pm On Nov 23, 2012
omanzo02:

The way the guy want barber my head fear me o, anyway he don miss him luck be that, na to give the next person a chance to prove himself lol,

Spyder, there is one thing I have'nt read on your post or maybe I miss it, that is "legal procedure" in giving/awarding a contract to a builder, what can u advise us on that?, thanks.

To be honest with you, I have been doing most of my projects on plain trust, and nothing else. I must say I have been lucky to find clients who trusted my online comments, and almost all of them (except one) have never met me in real life! Only from this thread and by word of mouth.
I think drafting a contract with your builder is a very good move. In the contract, all issues about terms and conditions of the contract, quality and duration of the contract should be spelt out. Also, the funding schedule and its timing, the agreed amount and conditions for adjustment if things change should also be made clear in writing and signed by both parties.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:04pm On Nov 23, 2012
This is the way the house looks now

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (55) (Reply)

Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence / Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. / Archetect/builder Modern House Designs With Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.