Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State - Properties (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State (203487 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:10pm On Nov 26, 2012
the topping before the parapet, externally.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:11pm On Nov 26, 2012
more topping

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:13pm On Nov 26, 2012
these areas will carry 3 blocks, can anybody tell me why wink

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 12:50am On Nov 27, 2012
spyder880: these areas will carry 3 blocks, can anybody tell me why wink
Cux the roof is usually higher (triangle shape) in the middle compare to the sides.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by phyl123: 12:57am On Nov 27, 2012

Is it because you want the ceiling to be high?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by kcoolk4: 1:49am On Nov 27, 2012
Na to handle parapet ( cornice fascia ) oo prof. Wey my money for correct answer?.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 6:05am On Nov 27, 2012
kcool_k4:
Na to handle parapet ( cornice fascia ) oo prof. Wey my money for correct answer?.

Sure you are correct, the money dey come by next year grin grin
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by kanka123: 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2012
Hi spyder, Could i get your opinion on a building project issue? Is 1,000 naira per sqre meter (labour only) a fair prize for laying granite tiles? Also is adhesive used?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 4:16pm On Nov 27, 2012
kanka123: Hi spyder, Could i get your opinion on a building project issue? Is 1,000 naira per sqre meter (labour only) a fair prize for laying granite tiles? Also is adhesive used?

For the granite tiles I know (if that is the right name because our people here are fond of confusing item names) is a type of floor tile and the labour cost for laying it is around N400. We use cement for most floor tiles except PVC floor tiles.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 4:32pm On Nov 27, 2012
Work went on well in this site today, but I could not go in to pick the changes by way of picture updates. My car needed some tuning up after months of speeding across state lines. I will be in this site tomorrow morning.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by cheezer: 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2012
Prof. Spyder, many thanks for all you have been doing to educate us. May God continue to empower you. Lord Spyder, other profs in the house and all, please help me. My project is a storey building of one 3-bedroom flat downstairs and one up on dry, slightly slopy competent land in Ekiti now at decking level. The build area measures 45ft by 65ft with 32 columns (using 16mm rods). The problem now is that I recently found out that the engineer who supervised the project in my absence (I am based in Benue) placed the columns directly on the foundation blinding without the column footing the iron bender made. Please prof and all, what is the way out? I am still a long way from raising the funds for the decking but I would rather abandon the project than have the whole thing collapse on my head later. @Diordaves, I have come to appreciate your concise and valuable contributions in the property section. Please let me have your take on this matter. Prof. Spyder, thank you for giving me this opportunity. May the Lord continue to renew your strength daily like that of an eagle. Amen.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:37pm On Nov 27, 2012
cheezer: Prof. Spyder, many thanks for all you have been doing to educate us. May God continue to empower you. Lord Spyder, other profs in the house and all, please help me. My project is a storey building of one 3-bedroom flat downstairs and one up on dry, slightly slopy competent land in Ekiti now at decking level. The build area measures 45ft by 65ft with 32 columns (using 16mm rods). The problem now is that I recently found out that the engineer who supervised the project in my absence (I am based in Benue) placed the columns directly on the foundation blinding without the column footing the iron bender made. Please prof and all, what is the way out? I am still a long way from raising the funds for the decking but I would rather abandon the project than have the whole thing collapse on my head later. @Diordaves, I have come to appreciate your concise and valuable contributions in the property section. Please let me have your take on this matter. Prof. Spyder, thank you for giving me this opportunity. May the Lord continue to renew your strength daily like that of an eagle. Amen.

Haa. Taking into consideration the importance of the foundation basket to the footing of the building, I would have loved to advice that a way be found to dig into the foundation and place those baskets at the pad of the building. But even digging below the already set blinding and block work is another problem as it will still be very difficult to compact the soil after the basket is fixed. But I will pause here for other experts to comment on this.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:41pm On Nov 27, 2012
My client that owns this duplex asked me today about colour suggestions for the roofing of this house. I am attaching this colour chart to help him decide on a colour which we are going to use for the roofing.

Left for me, I will choose charcoal black as the colour matches many different colours of paints.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:52pm On Nov 27, 2012
The effect of different roof colours on the building. The Sienna.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:54pm On Nov 27, 2012
The charcoal black on a white painted wall.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by cheezer: 11:20pm On Nov 27, 2012
spyder880:

Haa. Taking into consideration the importance of the foundation basket to the footing of the building, I would have loved to advice that a way be found to dig into the foundation and place those baskets at the pad of the building. But even digging below the already set blinding and block work is another problem as it will still be very difficult to compact the soil after the basket is fixed. But I will pause here for other experts to comment on this.
Thanks prof for your prompt response. Other experts in the house, over to you.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by cheezer: 11:24pm On Nov 27, 2012
spyder880: The charcoal black on a white painted wall.
Love the charcoal black on white. Sweet.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:49pm On Nov 28, 2012
At this stage, care should be taken to ensure all specifications in the plan are carried out.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:53pm On Nov 28, 2012
more new looks

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:56pm On Nov 28, 2012
from the back

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:59pm On Nov 28, 2012
the front, with part of the BQ.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:02pm On Nov 28, 2012
Mr carpenter is still busy putting finishing touches to the lintels.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:04pm On Nov 28, 2012
inside the house

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:07pm On Nov 28, 2012
enough windows to aid ventilation and illumination

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 2:51am On Nov 29, 2012
^^^
Looking and coming up good sir!
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by NL1960: 9:25am On Nov 29, 2012
@Spyder and other gurus.

A quick question on how to measure for tiles. Iam in the process of buying tiles for floors and wall (bathroom and kitchen). Iam somehow confused on how to measure what is needed for the walls since a wall has a height. For floors, what i did was just to get the length and width and multiply to get the Square meters or feet of the area to be covered.

For walls, what do i have to do considering that there is a height in a wall. I want to cover the walls from the bottom to the top.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Demainman1: 11:07am On Nov 29, 2012
NL1960: @Spyder and other gurus.

A quick question on how to measure for tiles. Iam in the process of buying tiles for floors and wall (bathroom and kitchen). Iam somehow confused on how to measure what is needed for the walls since a wall has a height. For floors, what i did was just to get the length and width and multiply to get the Square meters or feet of the area to be covered.

For walls, what do i have to do considering that there is a height in a wall. I want to cover the walls from the bottom to the top.

You also do same for wall. Height x Floor Length = Area for that side. Do same for all sides and total all areas to get your wall area. I belief you can get that info on youtube even with drawings for better clarity. Rgds
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by bugmenot: 3:07pm On Nov 29, 2012

Welldone Oga Spyder! If only you knew how many people draw their inspiration from you... Only God can reward you.

One question about the picture you labelled "the front, with part of the BQ" - Is the BQ in front of the main building?

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Nezan(m): 4:42pm On Nov 29, 2012
I have been a silent follower of Spyder on all his threads and I must confess he is good. I just finished building my 4 bedroom bungalow all rooms ensuite with main and children's sitting, POP, step alluminium all courtesy of the Spyder inspiration. Kudos my man! you are doing a wonderful job.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by NL1960: 4:42pm On Nov 29, 2012
Demain_man:

You also do same for wall. Height x Floor Length = Area for that side. Do same for all sides and total all areas to get your wall area. I belief you can get that info on youtube even with drawings for better clarity. Rgds

@Demain_man,

Thanks. Just to get it very clearly so that i do not make any mistake. There are four walls in a bathroom. Let us use number 1,2,3,4 to denote them. It means that the total area to cover is (H1*FL1 + H2*FL2 + H3*FL3 + H4*FL4) where H = Height and FL = Floor Length. Is this what you mean?.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by kanka123: 5:32pm On Nov 29, 2012
spyder880:

For the granite tiles I know (if that is the right name because our people here are fond of confusing item names) is a type of floor tile and the labour cost for laying it is around N400. We use cement for most floor tiles except PVC floor tiles.

Thanks for your input, Spyder.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Davedavy: 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2012
NL1960:

@Demain_man,

Thanks. Just to get it very clearly so that i do not make any mistake. There are four walls in a bathroom. Let us use number 1,2,3,4 to denote them. It means that the total area to cover is (H1*FL1 + H2*FL2 + H3*FL3 + H4*FL4) where H = Height and FL = Floor Length. Is this what you mean?.

Measure the height of the wall,multiply it by the length of the wall,that is the area of that particular wall.Hope u get it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (55) (Reply)

Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence / Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. / Archetect/builder Modern House Designs With Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.