Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,050 members, 7,835,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Should I Be Friends With My Boss? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Be Friends With My Boss? (2226 Views)

How The Gift I Innocently Got For My Boss's Daughter Got Me Into Trouble / My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? / Is It Safe To Be Friends With "Cuddle Benefit' With A Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by Blackcat(f): 3:24pm On Dec 15, 2007
My boss is dangerously hot (He owns the company) I'm married. We kind of like to be just friends (No strings attached) do you think its okay?
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by Iyanlax: 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2007
I think, get a crip of your sences girl. Fix up, look sharp.
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by zignor(m): 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2007
Did you tell your husband about it sad
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by Blackcat(f): 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2007
not in the exact words but yes
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by zignor(m): 3:50pm On Dec 15, 2007
pls, try and explain everything to your husband. . . .he is in a better position to know what you will do cos he is your hubby undecided
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by CrazyMan(m): 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2007
My dear you're playing with fire; what makes you think that boss of yours wants to be just friends.

You're a married woman so respect your marital vows and be faithful to your husband bringing a male companion into your life at a time like isn't advisable; it would only wreck you and your marriage.
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by CrazyMan(m): 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2007
Explaining the whole situation to your husband would only make him jealous; just keep everything to yourself and try as much as possible to break up that friendship between you and your boss; it's for your own good and for the good of your marriage.
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by Blackcat(f): 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2007
What do I explain? I told my husband, I would like to exchange e-mails with my boss and become friends in order to help my chances of changing my department easily and if it gets to my boss asking for more than been friends like sex, I would quit and my husband understood. My boss doesn't work in the same building, infact not even in the same country. I don't think it will really lead to much,
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by iice(f): 3:59pm On Dec 15, 2007
Friendship has strings? undecided
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by zignor(m): 4:00pm On Dec 15, 2007
ok, follow your heartbeats  . . .it works grin
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by Blackcat(f): 4:04pm On Dec 15, 2007
zignor:

ok, follow your heartbeats . . .it works grin

Thank you smiley
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by CrazyMan(m): 4:06pm On Dec 15, 2007
What do I explain? I told my husband, I would like to exchange e-mails with my boss and become friends in order to help my chances of changing my department easily and if it gets to my boss asking for more than been friends like sex, I would quit and my husband understood. My boss doesn't work in the same building, infact not even in the same country. I don't think it will really lead to much,

If both of you aren't in the same country then it's ok to be friends; but do go to the exreme I.e calling him during weekends or sending him friendship mails. That would take that friendship to another level no doubt.
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by Iyanlax: 4:18pm On Dec 15, 2007
Blackcat:

---------------------------------------
So! Why don't you just break down all the relevant details in the first post rather than getting people to mis understand your intentions. On that basis, i really think deep down your intentions are NOT honourable.  shocked
Yor boss is HOT, but IM MARRIED. Girl stop fooling your self.
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by Blackcat(f): 4:19pm On Dec 15, 2007
crazykid:

If both of you aren't in the same country then it's ok to be friends; but do go to the exreme I.e calling him during weekends or sending him friendship mails. That would take that friendship to another level no doubt.

My husband is white, I am black
My boss is married(I guess), I am married
My boss is white, I am black
We both agreed to contact each other only when help is needed or to say just hello by e-mail only. No phone calls.
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by CrazyMan(m): 4:29pm On Dec 15, 2007
That's ok but like I said earlier, don't go to the extreme; just make it a hello hello and nothing more; that's the best way to handle such kinds of friendship.

Goodluck!
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by Seun(m): 4:31pm On Dec 15, 2007
We both agreed to contact each other only when help is needed or to say just hello by e-mail only.
There must be more to this story than meets the eye, because people normally don't ask for permission to send email to their bosses when help is needed. I'm guessing your boss asked you out and you said, "no, but let's just be friends". That would explain your guilt?
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by saucekid(m): 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2007
i have misgivings as to whether your husband knows the XYZ of the matter. . . . only surface material
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by koolboi(m): 7:17pm On Dec 15, 2007
women are selfish they make frnds wit u for personal gains, and if ur boss is being ur ``friend`` because he wants to f uck u, u `ll say he`s evil why not try work towards wht u want and get wht u merit

if i were ur hubby, i`ll frown totally at such r/ship
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 15, 2007
@ Blackcat: Hmmm, there's a lot you're not telling us here. Platonic relationship, between yourself and your boss? On who's terms?

The fact you're actually asking for advice on here, would suggest you feel there's more to your relationship with your boss. Why stress the fact that he's hot, and you're married? If it was purely on a platonic level, you wouldn't mention the above, indeed, you wouldn't be on here, asking for advice. When relationships are innocent, with no strings attached, there's no guilt. And honestly, there's guilt in your postings, reading between the lines.

Has your boss asked you to take things to a less than honourable level, or do you feel you'd like to?
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by tonte(m): 8:26pm On Dec 15, 2007
any way always carry a condom on u ooo because stuff may happen
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by Alert(f): 10:57pm On Dec 15, 2007
u r obviously tripping girl be careful, by the way u have a funny taste for white men, I wonder why lipsrsealed
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by Blackcat(f): 10:15am On Dec 16, 2007
Seun:

There must be more to this story than meets the eye, because people normally don't ask for permission to send email to their bosses when help is needed. I'm guessing your boss asked you out and you said, "no, but let's just be friends". That would explain your guilt?

He did not ask me out

saucekid:

i have misgivings as to whether your husband knows the XYZ of the matter. . . . only surface material

My husband knows the xyz of the matter but isn't sure if it will stay just friends although he hasn't told me openly.
koolboi:

women are selfish they make frnds wit u for personal gains, and if your boss is being your ``friend`` because he wants to f uck u, u `ll say he`s evil why not try work towards wht u want and get wht u merit

if i were your hubby, i`ll frown totally at such r/ship

The only reason my husband cannot frown at this casual friendship with my boss is because he knows I had connections before I left Nigeria and would still want to keep connections now that I am married and in Europe, connections always come handy
Siena:

@ Blackcat: Hmmm, there's a lot you're not telling us here. Platonic relationship, between yourself and your boss? On who's terms?

The fact you're actually asking for advice on here, would suggest you feel there's more to your relationship with your boss. Why stress the fact that he's hot, and you're married? If it was purely on a platonic level, you wouldn't mention the above, indeed, you wouldn't be on here, asking for advice. When relationships are innocent, with no strings attached, there's no guilt. And honestly, there's guilt in your postings, reading between the lines.

Has your boss asked you to take things to a less than honourable level, or do you feel you'd like to?

I had a big crush  on my boss but it is all gone now.
tonte:

any way always carry a condom on u ooo because stuff may happen

No need to carry a condom won't cheat on my husband, I have been friends with important men before without strings attached, its just in this case I liked my bossed a lot but feel neutral now.
Alert:

you're obviously tripping girl be careful, by the way u have a funny taste for white men, I wonder why lipsrsealed

Was engaged to a Nigerian man for 4 years before I met my husband, the Nigerian man treated me like shit and sent me to the hospital twice for skull x-rays due to beatings. Believe me, I'll rather "have a funny taste for white men" (remember, I'm married to one) than to have stayed single waiting for another Nigerian man to send me to the hospital out of jealousy or try to disfigure my pretty face!
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by Blackcat(f): 10:34am On Dec 16, 2007
The real reason, I started this forum is because, during my single days, I had only guys as friends never kept girlfriends (bad experiences) My bestfriend even up to the time I got married was a guy. People thought we were dating (me and bestfriend) because we were so close but there was nothing between us, I have done it as a single girl. The question is can I do it as a married woman
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by zignor(m): 11:05am On Dec 16, 2007
@blackcat . . .from your story so far, I put it to you that you're not a female undecided
Ask me why? tongue
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by Blackcat(f): 11:22am On Dec 16, 2007
zignor:

@blackcat . . .from your story so far, I put it to you that you're not a female undecided
Ask me why? tongue

why
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by Seun(m): 5:58pm On Dec 16, 2007
You sincerely believe that your boss is "dangerously hot"
You want to be "so close" with him like your old buddies.
You want to befriend him in order to get ahead. Hmmm.
You want to be "so close" to a "dangerously hot" person. lipsrsealed
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by CrazyMan(m): 8:10pm On Dec 16, 2007
I strongly believe this has more to do than just friendship.

But wait a minute, am beginning to consider what zignor said; she might be a guy after all
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by swoosh(m): 1:21pm On Dec 17, 2007
If you think this guy's dangerously hot, chances are, behind close doors, u'd feel cold and want some of the 'heat'. Ask urself if as a single girl you thought any of your male friends was 'dangerously hot' and how you handled that particular person

For even posting this, you have already confirmed you have mixed feelings-ur not sure if u;d handle it this time- so my advice is quit the relationship-and-if possible-the job. Any contacts with this guy is dangerous for your marriage

And if I may ask, does your husband work?, or do you provide for the house. I ask that because a man would normally frown at such relationships except they had no choices (for instance where such relationships bring food 2d table- I remember u mentioned he needs u2 keep the 'connections')
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by Delta007(m): 1:29pm On Dec 17, 2007
Ho Ho Ho, seems Christmas came too early for some peeps. grin
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by onyekang1(f): 1:56pm On Dec 17, 2007
as long as you know your LIMITS
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by Blackcat(f): 1:58pm On Dec 17, 2007
swoosh:

If you think this guy's dangerously hot, chances are, behind close doors, u'd feel cold and want some of the 'heat'. Ask yourself if as a single girl you thought any of your male friends was 'dangerously hot' and how you handled that particular person

For even posting this, you have already confirmed you have mixed feelings-your not sure if u;d handle it this time- so my advice is quit the relationship-and-if possible-the job. Any contacts with this guy is dangerous for your marriage

And if I may ask, does your husband work?, or do you provide for the house. I ask that because a man would normally frown at such relationships except they had no choices (for instance where such relationships bring food 2d table- I remember u mentioned he needs u2 keep the 'connections')

I'm not married to a Nigerian, whites think differently when it comes to wives having friends with members of the oppsite sex. Yes at a time I had a crush for my boss but now I completely feel nothing for him, it was just for a short time.

When I was single I had friends that were hot but had nothing with them, in the university my lectureres called me 'cock teaser' because I was good at flirting without dropping(dem fail me no bi small). My husband earns four times what I earn in a month he is also a boss in his own company. I have a very good paying job and would rather keep my job than do something stupid that will jeopardize it.

una sabi throw punch for here ooooooooooooooo! na question I ask oooooooooooooo!.

Seun, I beg how dem de take close forum when person done get answer when im want
Re: Should I Be Friends With My Boss? by saucekid(m): 2:00pm On Dec 17, 2007
so . . . . . . you've already gotten all ur answers

care to share??

zignorr my man . . . . . . you were right

(1) (2) (Reply)

Closed / Guys Dont Trust Any Girl That Toast You! / Black Women Can’t Find Good Men? Oh Really?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.