Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,927 members, 7,814,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! (39991 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / What Did Rochas Did To Anambra State. / What Did Rochas Did To Anambra State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Gozzzy(m): 9:02am On Aug 06, 2012
u keep asking unnecessarity stchewpid question! Abi na gossip dey hungry u? No go make ur own money,keep pocknosing!! Jobless olodo!
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by polokor60(m): 9:02am On Aug 06, 2012
ebere1712:
Only lazy and stu.pid people believe in the existence ritual money. Do you people really believe that you can kill a human being and chant some gibberish and money wud appear? Too much nollywood films makes your oily brain more oily. This imbecility at its best. I was surprised when I discovered that some Nigerians don't actually say this just to 'diss Igbo', but are serious. Makes me wonder about the intelligence of my so called "fellow country people"
you have the mentality of a little kid.have you ever heard of clifford orji or the otokutu saga under the bridge?
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by CyberG: 9:03am On Aug 06, 2012
Funny Nigerians! What is wrong in querying about a politician's source of wealth? If he earned it, why should it be a secret so much you abuse the OP? The only reason and people who are upset about this question is tribal, they think they must protect the man from their tribe from any question! LOL...most of you deserve what you get in that country! Losers! Most big men in Nigeria milked the country in millions and billion by over-inflated contracts from corrupt governments! This is the same way Rochas, Obasanjo, Mark, General Jonzer Odevhukwu, IBB, etc got rich: by looting the patrimony of fools like you who come here to defend them!

4 Likes

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by ifihearam: 9:04am On Aug 06, 2012
nzenze2:

grin grin grin grin why you never tow the herbalist route if it were that effective??bleeding m0r0n..poor phool that is hoping to start a biz with 8k...

What is wrong in starting a biz with 8k
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:04am On Aug 06, 2012
There is nothing wrong in trying to know how someone became rich. It helps others know the steps to success. Just like studying the biography of John D. Rockefeller.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Biggyd2: 9:05am On Aug 06, 2012
Good thread. We need to ask questions about how our rulers and politicians made their money before taking up their government appointments. Seems like so many of them do nothing else but "serve" the government. And for those who had little or nothing before they got into government, how they become stupendously rich when in government and when they leave! undecided
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by seedord247(m): 9:10am On Aug 06, 2012
OtunbaGm:

So what are u trying to say? It is normal every chukudi must be rich neeehhh by rituals?

not only rituals, drugs, kidnapping e.t.c . . Egonekwu grin
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 06, 2012
Owelle Rochas Anayo
Okorocha:

By Chuks OLUIGBO
Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha (OON)
was born on September 22, 1962 in
Ogboko, Ideato South Local
Government Area of Imo State. Born
with neither a silver nor a golden
spoon, he practically rose from grass
to grace through sheer hard work,
diligence, courage, determination, and
the grace of God.

Read about Rochas here
>>>www.chukseoluigbo..com/2011/05/owelle-rochas-anayo-okorocha-brief.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 06, 2012
ebere1712:
Only lazy and stu.pid people believe in the existence ritual money. Do you people really believe that you can kill a human being and chant some gibberish and money wud appear? Too much nollywood films makes your oily brain more oily. This imbecility at its best. I was surprised when I discovered that some Nigerians don't actually say this just to 'diss Igbo', but are serious. Makes me wonder about the intelligence of my so called "fellow country people"

my brother it is really pathetic and stupid that in this day and age some really really mentaly handicapped cretins believe in ritual money?!!!!!! wadafaq?!!!!!!1
please ebere start athread on this topic namely "the falsehood of rital money"

please there is nothing lik ritual money!!! those people organs are sold on the black market for hardcurrency
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by skybancss(f): 9:11am On Aug 06, 2012
the most important things is this, he is using his money to help the less privilege... why are you asking for source?
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by amlydave: 9:13am On Aug 06, 2012
I think this issue is a simple one 2 deal with. Rochas Okorocha made his money by hardwork, committment and dedication to his money-making goals.Anyone who tries in his manner will accumulate so much and even more !
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Abujafood: 9:14am On Aug 06, 2012
Rochas Was a big time contractor in Obasanjo's regime! That at least is a major source of his wealth!
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Eazeee(m): 9:17am On Aug 06, 2012
dat dude Rochas has made his money tru NGO. @ least we both know how non govt. organisations operate in dis con3. datz 1 eazy way of getin rich in naija. though i wont mind 2 vote him as d president of naija over all dis criminals in govt cos @ least he has done one or two tins dat benefits d masses. people 4rom Jos wil understand wat i mean
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by ebamma(m): 9:19am On Aug 06, 2012
ebere1712:
money ritual is real,if u are interested contact me i will direct you to a good babalawo in ijebu ode
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by nairalander(m): 9:20am On Aug 06, 2012
afam4eva: I think Rochas runs a transport company among other things.
No he doesn't

Me thinks most of his initial wealth came from his dealings with the International Red Cross & foreign partners for his foundation.
Although some insist he had ties with one former military leader
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by executinal(m): 9:21am On Aug 06, 2012
Rochas, an Igbo, was born on 22 September 1962 in Ogboko, Ideato South, Imo State. He attended Juladaco High School, Jos (1976-1981). He studied at the University of Jos (1990-1991), obtaining a diploma in Public Administration. He returned to the University of Jos (1993-1994) to obtain an advanced diploma in Public Administration.[2] Career positions include President, Nigeria Red Cross Society, President/Founder, Rochas Foundation Inc, President, Rochas Group of Companies Limited, Pro Chancellor, African Business School and Former Chairman, Board of Nigerian Airspace Management Agency.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Ournaija: 9:22am On Aug 06, 2012
swaggerific: This guy ran for governor in 1999 and then decided to run for the presidency and failed again after spending so much money in 2003. He then tried again in 2007 and failed. And now he finally became a very good governor...God bless him. He is a great philanthropist and has been giving free education to kids for a while and all I hear is how rich this guy is and not how he worked his way up the money ladder. Did he invest in the stock market? How is this guy this wealthy? I respect his hustle to the last, I like seeing rich people flaunt their hard earned wealth but I just want to know how Rochas got this wealthy

I Love And Respect Wealthy People But How Did Rochas Okorocha Become This Rich?!

Good question. I hope you will learn from it as am going to take the pain to tell you.

Rochas grew up in Jos and became a teacher. He had a tutorial center where kids come to learn and prepare for exams. Many became great scholars through his centre and he was recognized. The children of the rich also patronized him even the Gbong Gwom of Jos kids also patronized his center. That is why it`s easy for him to give free education because it`s his business.

Sometimes, in the early 90s IBB went to Jos and asked the Gbon Gwom of Jos to provide an educationist who can implement an educational scheme for Plateau then and he was recommended. He implemented the scheme successfully and he was given the privilege to replicate it in all the Northern states. This is how he got his way into government. He later won the contracts to supply Prado Jeeps and other stuffs across the federation. That was how he continue to grow from...............

Lesson
Whatever you findeth you hand to do, do it well, money will locate you.

8 Likes

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by anyhow123: 9:23am On Aug 06, 2012
swaggerific: This guy ran for governor in 1999 and then decided to run for the presidency and failed again after spending so much money in 2003. He then tried again in 2007 and failed. And now he finally became a very good governor...God bless him. He is a great philanthropist and has been giving free education to kids for a while and all I hear is how rich this guy is and not how he worked his way up the money ladder. Did he invest in the stock market? How is this guy this wealthy? I respect his hustle to the last, I like seeing rich people flaunt their hard earned wealth but I just want to know how Rochas got this wealthy

I Love And Respect Wealthy People But How Did Rochas Okorocha Become This Rich?!
Baba Ijebu
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Afam4eva(m): 9:23am On Aug 06, 2012
Ournaija:

Good question. I hope you will from it as am going to take the pain to tell you.

Rochas grew up in Jos and became a teacher. He had a tutorial center where kids come to learn and prepare for exams. Many became great scholars through his centre and he was recognized. The children of the rich also patronized him even the Gbong Gwom of Jos kids also patronized his center. That is why it`s easy for him to give free education because it`s his business.

Sometimes, in the early 90s IBB went to Jos and asked the Gbon Gwom of Jos to provide an educationist who can implement an educational scheme for Plateau then and he was recommended. He implemented the scheme successfully and he was given the privilege to replicate it in all the Northern states. This is how he got his way into government. He later won the contracts to supply Prado Jeeps and other stuffs across the federation. That was how he continue to grow from...............

Lesson
Best answer thus far.

1 Like

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Josh316(m): 9:25am On Aug 06, 2012
Stanley Divine: Too many petty topics floating on Nairaland. My guy if u need a job wt any of EFCC,ICPC etc why not apply. Lazybones end up bn paupers. If Rochas had bn asking this kinda question he wudnt be were he is today. Who do u think knows the answer to the question n still hasn't joined the millionaires club? No be person way no road go show u if him like? Bros abeg direct ur question to d rite peepz n stop ...

And what is wrong with the question if i may ask?
instead of giving a good answer or saying i dont know, you end up displaying the fact that your brain has been replaced by a cold mound of PAP... only people who ask questions go far in life undecided
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 06, 2012
If u refer Rochas as been rich, den wot wuld u call my kinda wealth?
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by logica(m): 9:32am On Aug 06, 2012
CyberG: Funny Nigerians! What is wrong in querying about a politician's source of wealth? If he earned it, why should it be a secret so much you abuse the OP? The only reason and people who are upset about this question is tribal, they think they must protect the man from their tribe from any question! LOL...most of you deserve what you get in that country! Losers! Most big men in Nigeria milked the country in millions and billion by over-inflated contracts from corrupt governments! This is the same way Rochas, Obasanjo, Mark, General Jonzer Odevhukwu, IBB, etc got rich: by looting the patrimony of fools like you who come here to defend them!
LOL. Asking is perceived as an attack by the tribal monkeys. By default they assume the guy got rich through the usual questionable means; and they too hope to get rich through those same means.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Okijajuju1(m): 9:34am On Aug 06, 2012
Rochas Okorocha is one of the thieves that stole Nigeria blind during the Military and early civilian era.. There is no point going back and forth over how he got his wealth. He made his money here in Nigeria from Nigeria. Isnt it funny how people come out and defend this thief blindly. Atleast when you mention Otedola, we say diesel import. When you say Dangote you say his father wealth and his business, When you say Innoson, you mention his plastic company, just like so many others. Rochas on the other hand, we cant tie to any business name, company or industries.

So how did this man become this rich?!! Criminal Enterprise.

3 Likes

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 06, 2012
grin grin
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by punzone(m): 9:35am On Aug 06, 2012
Why is it anyone‘s headache how the man made his money?And why is he being singled out?Is he the only rich man that entered into politics that this writer is so concerned about his source of wealth?Why not ask how aregbesola or amosu got their wealth too?I suspect that this writer is a tribalistic person, aiming to cast a slur on the igbos by discrediting a noble igbo man like okorocha.and i know say this writer no go pass yoruba-always hating igbos.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by landinfo: 9:41am On Aug 06, 2012
Ournaija:

Good question. I hope you will learn from it as am going to take the pain to tell you.

Lesson
datz 9ice
i neva asked eni question while in jos...all i can say is dat ROCHA$ is d most respected politician in JOS & d whole of NORTH 4 his PHILANTANRIAN workz

1 Like

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:43am On Aug 06, 2012
A simple question was asked by a reasonable free thinker...instead of ignorant analysts to shut d f..c4k up..they went into a frenzy of misguided ramblings yet d answer to d question "why is rochas so rich?" has STILL not been answered
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Okijajuju1(m): 9:44am On Aug 06, 2012
punzone: Why is it anyone‘s headache how the man made his money?And why is he being singled out?Is he the only rich man that entered into politics that this writer is so concerned about his source of wealth?Why not ask how aregbesola or amosu got their wealth too?I suspect that this writer is a tribalistic person, aiming to cast a slur on the igbos by discrediting a noble igbo man like okorocha.and i know say this writer no go pass yoruba-always hating igbos.

So why is it anyones headache that the Subsidy people stole our monies?! Are they the first to steal from Nigeria?! Why are we focused so much on them?! What about Babangida?! Abacha?! Infact, how about we dissolve the EFCC and make thievery a part of our constitution.

Nwokem, you better shut up if you dont have any anawers to the OPs question!

1 Like

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by oladayo042: 9:45am On Aug 06, 2012
skybancss: the most important things is this, he is using his money to help the less privilege... why are you asking for source?
Seriously?
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by sukomit(m): 9:47am On Aug 06, 2012
I want to know too.... I believe we can gain something from this
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Biodup: 9:50am On Aug 06, 2012
He made his wealth 2ru burue de change.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by odizzy: 9:53am On Aug 06, 2012
Stanley Divine: Too many petty topics floating on Nairaland. My guy if u need a job wt any of EFCC,ICPC etc why not apply. Lazybones end up bn paupers. If Rochas had bn asking this kinda question he wudnt be were he is today. Who do u think knows the answer to the question n still hasn't joined the millionaires club? No be person way no road go show u if him like? Bros abeg direct ur question to d rite peepz n stop ...
my bro no mind d pocknosa, i no knw wen we turn 2 google, after knowin hw he made his moni, wot nxt, do u tink evry bdy destiny is dsam? If u lyk no go find ur own means of bcomin smbdy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kogi Primaries: Idris Wada Caught Sharing 'Dollars' - Politics Nigeria (Photos) / Trouble Looms For Some Private Jet Owners As Customs Begins Crackdown / 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.