Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! (39993 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / What Did Rochas Did To Anambra State. / What Did Rochas Did To Anambra State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by badesco(m): 6:10pm On Aug 06, 2012
swaggerific: This guy ran for governor in 1999 and then decided to run for the presidency and failed again after spending so much money in 2003. He then tried again in 2007 and failed. And now he finally became a very good governor...God bless him. He is a great philanthropist and has been giving free education to kids for a while and all I hear is how rich this guy is and not how he worked his way up the money ladder. Did he invest in the stock market? How is this guy this wealthy? I respect his hustle to the last, I like seeing rich people flaunt their hard earned wealth but I just want to know how Rochas got this wealthy

I Love And Respect Wealthy People But How Did Rochas Okorocha Become This Rich?!

you must be a mischievous person, f not, why on earth do u want to know his source of wealth..
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by MDyaQ(m): 7:02pm On Aug 06, 2012
I beliv d person dat ask dix quastion ehn múst be from a very poor family an hás lost hope after sevral failure.man can u Tell us y u ar very very poor?
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by vanstanzy(m): 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2012
lanre_front: The guy has asked a legitimate and good question. Actually is something - won't mind knowing also. We are here on this forum to learn from each other; so anyone that knows should please share.

Me too, i'ld like to know. Its so sad though that we live in a very materialistic world where source of ones wealth is never questioned. Even the dubiously wealthy ones are being celebrated with reckless abandon .
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by ACM10: 7:29pm On Aug 06, 2012
swaggerific:

But I remember he was so wealthy even before that. He contested the governorship election with Achike Udenwa and lost. I remember those prado jeeps...those were the ish then. The local government chairmen used those jeeps for all their worth lol

swaggerific:

Ehhh...its better if its a beer parlor gist. Who is talking about being professional when it comes to asking questions about our leaders? So asking how a state Governor made his money is character assasination? Wonders shall never end. I said it time and again that I respect the guy. I also respect Fashola for what he is doing in Lagos but anyone could easily figure out how he made his money.

With only 65 posts on this forum, you strikes me as a fake. This is a handle that some other poster uses to do hack job. I must tell u that your job is so classless and amateurish. You cannot pass the first test of your critics.

It's ok to be ignorant, but it's annoying when u projects your ignorance aggressively. You've not even proved to us that Rochas is rich, only for you to ask us how Rochas became so rich. When challenged, u gave a weak rebuttal that he rode several Prado jeep during his election campaign. FYI, Obama spent more than $500million during his election campaign. But Obama's asset and his tax return shows that he's worth less than $10million. A politician can raise money from donors. His supporters can help him with logistics. Spending extravagantly during election campaign does not in any way prove that a politician is rich. Your thread is ladden with subliminal sarcasm aimed to put Rochas name to disrepute.

It's ok to ask pertinent questions about our leaders. But it is a crass distraction to ask dumb questions and expect attention to be given to u. Why can't u do some reasearch on this topic.

Your question is equivalent to tea-partiers saying that Obama was not born in US and expecting Obama to prove that he was born in US. If you got info that Rochas is stinkingly wealthy, the onus falls on u to convince the public that he is indeed wealthy. Then show us how he acquired his wealth.

Your assertion is based purely on speculation and should not be taken seriously. By throwing out a careless question, you are inviting more speculation. Your question will surely attract all Rochas haters to self-service their hatred. I expect a better performance from u. Imagine me, a Rochas critics defending him? It shows how poor you did your job.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by swaggerific: 7:41pm On Aug 06, 2012
Bro, I tried googling his source of wealth and I couldnt find anything solid hence I asked the question. Now, I didnt expect this question to be on the front page of Nairaland...it was a brutally honest question. I dont hate Rochas, neither do I even remotely dislike him. He is a good governor...hope he continues his good works. I tried googling everywhere but no answer. I dont even know if he rode the prado jeeps but I said that the LGA Chairmen rode those SUVs with reckless abandon.

I cant prove that anyone in this world is wealthy, rich or poor...I can only speak for myself. You know that in our culture, anyone that consistently ran for Governor, President, and Governor again has to have very deep pockets hence the question.

I am not fake. So now asking a question about a Governor I admire is a sin?

1 Like

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by sammade: 7:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
swaggerific:

My brother, its not laziness that's doing me, its just curiosity. Im sure other people want to know too. People know how most politicians made their money but his case is different. If he invested in the stock market and hit millions or billions of dollars then thats great.

Little minds discuss people!
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by swaggerific: 7:45pm On Aug 06, 2012
ACM10:

With only 65 posts on this forum, you strikes me as a fake. This is a handle that some other poster uses to do hack job. I must tell u that your job is so classless and amateurish. You cannot pass the first test of your critics.

It's ok to be ignorant, but it's annoying when u projects your ignorance aggressively. You've not even proved to us that Rochas is rich, only for you to ask us how Rochas became so rich. When challenged, u gave a weak rebuttal that he rode several Prado jeep during his election campaign. FYI, Obama spent more than $500million during his election campaign. But Obama's asset and his tax return shows that he's worth less than $10million. A politician can raise money from donors. His supporters can help him with logistics. Spending extravagantly during election campaign does not in any way prove that a politician is rich. Your thread is ladden with subliminal sarcasm aimed to put Rochas name to disrepute.

It's ok to ask pertinent questions about our leaders. But it is a crass distraction to ask dumb questions and expect attention to be given to u. Why can't u do some reasearch on this topic.

Your question is equivalent to tea-partiers saying that Obama was not born in US and expecting Obama to prove that he was born in US. If you got info that Rochas is stinkingly wealthy, the onus falls on u to convince the public that he is indeed wealthy. Then show us how he acquired his wealth.

Your assertion is based purely on speculation and should not be taken seriously. By throwing out a careless question, you are inviting more speculation. Your question will surely attract all Rochas haters to self-service their hatred. I expect a better performance from u. Imagine me, a Rochas critics defending him? It shows how poor you did your job.

You and I know that the way elections are funded in the US is totally different from the way it is in Nigeria so dont even compare both situations. Tea Partiers questioning Obama's citizenship are obviously overly stupid and borderline racist. Where would I do the research? Go to him and ask him directly? It was just a question I thought of after googling how some of our leaders made their money. I read how Orji Kalu, OBJ, Babangida, Buhari, Fashola, Amosun and Tinubu made their money. I was just curious about Rochas thats all
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by swaggerific: 7:52pm On Aug 06, 2012
MD yaQ: I beliv d person dat ask dix quastion ehn múst be from a very poor family an hás lost hope after sevral failure.man can u Tell us y u ar very very poor?

Theres nothing wrong with either being VERY VERY poor or coming from a poor family...stop hating on me. lol As for being a failure, why wouldnt I be a colossal failure for asking about a leaders source of wealth?
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by dayokanu(m): 8:00pm On Aug 06, 2012
Na wa ooo

So asking how a public official made his money is a sin.

I knew Rochas has always been in public light since 1999 as a rich man

But I dont know which business he was into pre-1999
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by swaggerific: 8:02pm On Aug 06, 2012
dayokanu: Na wa ooo

So asking how a public official made his money is a sin.

I knew Rochas has always been in public light since 1999 as a rich man

But I dont know which business he was into pre-1999

My brother thank you...help me ask them
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by oiseworld: 8:44pm On Aug 06, 2012
i think it would make alot of sense if most of our millions can clearly tell us how they grew to become millionaires.

We need to learn form them, we need their inspirationand help. Because i really don't likeovernight millionaires.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by dayokanu(m): 8:48pm On Aug 06, 2012
oiseworld: i think it would make alot of sense if most of our millions can clearly tell us how they grew to become millionaires.

We need to learn form them, we need their inspirationand help. Because i really don't likeovernight millionaires.

Exactly, But for saying this, many on here would call you a hater.

The Op didnt insinuate or throw around allegations but he simply asked what was his line of business

1 Like

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by yelanst(m): 9:04pm On Aug 06, 2012
Me think that ournaija's post explains the source of Rochas's wealth.I grew together with Roche in Jos and i can testify to the fact that Roche is a hardworking and humble young man.Although from a very poor background, he did not let that undermine his success. He did all sort of menial jobs ranging from okada riding, to barrow pushing and later teaching in a private commercial school. He later left that commercial school to float his own school. Luck was against him as he was sabotaged by his former employer and his school died a premature death.Still undaunted, one thing led to the other,his connection with the wards of the traditional ruler of Jos ( Gwomgwom Jos) was the major determinant of his breakthrough as he was able to secure contracts through them.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by emiye(m): 9:29pm On Aug 06, 2012
First hand Info. I learnt he made it big (first breakthrough) through sub-leasing of heavy duty / construction equipments.

He was strolling across the road like most poor men do, and saw an abandoned but good equipments close to a construction site, he enquired about it, and looked for those who needed such equipments.

As such if A was abandoned equipment owner and B was Rochas the Middle man , C was the one who needed the equipment.

A offers to give out the equipment at 500/day to Rochas. Rochas offers to give out the equipment to C at N2000/day. KAPISH. Rochas makes N1,500/day

The above was his testimony, he could have spiced it though.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by dayokanu(m): 9:55pm On Aug 06, 2012
On this thread we have heard like 3 versions of his business line

School, Govt contract, Transport business and now Equipment leasing
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 06, 2012
Okija_juju: [color=#000099][font=Comic Sans Ms]Rochas Okorocha is one of the thieves that stole Nigeria blind during the Military and early civilian era.. There is no point going back and forth over how he got his wealth. He made his money here in Nigeria from Nigeria. Isnt it funny how people come out and defend this thief blindly. Atleast when you mention Otedola, we say diesel import. When you say Dangote you say his father wealth and his business, When you say Innoson, you mention his plastic company, just like so many others. Rochas on the other hand, we cant tie to any business name, company or industries.

So how did this man become this rich?!! Criminal Enterprise.

I have been following your posts for long now. I think you are very dumb!! angry Just saying...

1 Like

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by chizzy012(m): 10:28pm On Aug 06, 2012
coolBros,plz stop asking puzzling question like this in this forum,if u really know how he made his money then u tell us because people can say what ever they feel.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by kalufelix(m): 11:58pm On Aug 06, 2012
nzenze2:

grin grin grin grin why you never tow the herbalist route if it were that effective??bleeding m0r0n..poor phool that is hoping to start a biz with 8k...
is all dis neccessary?...nawa 4 pple o
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by iamtheprincipal: 2:44am On Aug 07, 2012
joeyfire: @OP - rochas made his first major breakthrough from a contract in 1999 or 2000 (I'm not too sure of the year now). The FG gave him a contract to supply prado jeeps to every police command in every local goverment area in the country. For those old enough to remember the police prado jeeps with "Algon" printed on the side. the man made a killing and I guess blew from there.

@joeyfire, let me make some points clear here, for those who said Rochas made his money through the supply of Prado Jeeps in 1999-2000, you guys seem not to have knowledge of this great Nigerian. Rochas had become a billionaire in dollars even before the time you quoted he received the supposed Prado Jeep Contract and infact, the kind of money Rochas has is not the type that could come from such contracts. If he had made his wealth from such contracts, his political enemies would have been pointing fingers at him.
In very honest terms, that guy's wealth is dumbfounding.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by kettykin: 5:07am On Aug 07, 2012
badesco:

you must be a mischievous person, f not, why on earth do u want to know his source of wealth..

Probably so that they can go and block his source of wealth the same way they blocked Ibeto's ,Oji uzor kalu, jim Nwobodo and the same way they exhcanged the billions igbos had in banks for 20 pounds. This people never seem to amaze me. The are never tired in their envy .

1 Like

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 07, 2012
Back in the day, Rochas was one of the first to get into the drug business big time! We know him, the good thing iss that he is helping people with the moni
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by owobokiri(m): 5:48am On Aug 07, 2012
Ournaija:

Good question. I hope you will learn from it as am going to take the pain to tell you.

Rochas grew up in Jos and became a teacher. He had a tutorial center where kids come to learn and prepare for exams. Many became great scholars through his centre and he was recognized. The children of the rich also patronized him even the Gbong Gwom of Jos kids also patronized his center. That is why it`s easy for him to give free education because it`s his business.

Sometimes, in the early 90s IBB went to Jos and asked the Gbon Gwom of Jos to provide an educationist who can implement an educational scheme for Plateau then and he was recommended. He implemented the scheme successfully and he was given the privilege to replicate it in all the Northern states. This is how he got his way into government. He later won the contracts to supply Prado Jeeps and other stuffs across the federation. That was how he continue to grow from...............

Lesson
Whatever you findeth you hand to do, do it well, money will locate you.

Yours make good sense. Why? A lot of people have always said that the ALGON jeep contracts in the early 90s made him, but i know for sure that he was relatively rich before that contract. That means he was into other stuffs earlier.

People also forget that he is a real estate mogul. Rochas has a habit of buying up the choicest plots in places like Abuja, Owerri and Jos. He bought the plot opposite the governors lodge in Owerri before he became the governor. He invested heavily in Abuja when folks were still afraid to leave Lagos. Imagine buying off lands in Asoknro for peanuts and making a killing several years later as the place turns into a highbrow area. He started off as a business man, then did some good contracts for government, then reinvested wisely in real estate and mining and was set for life.

For those saying that Rochas is corrupt, that is FALSE. Talk to his worst critics from his state, they will tell you that though they have issues with his style, dude is not a theif. I dont even want to dignify that nonsense about rituals with a comment. You always hear that from lazy people. . The OPs question is reasonable in as much as it was made with clear intentions.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by owobokiri(m): 6:02am On Aug 07, 2012
swaggerific:

Theres nothing wrong with either being VERY VERY poor or coming from a poor family...stop hating on me. lol As for being a failure, why wouldnt I be a colossal failure for asking about a leaders source of wealth?

You are joking, right? Nothing wrong in being "VERY VERY poor"?? Them take poverty swear for u ni?Your tithe collecting pastor drilled that one into your skull while ransacking your pocket, abi? Omo, i will say this once to you; IT IS A CRIME B4 GOD AND MAN TO BE POOR! Go get your money, just make sure it is clean.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by cecechris: 7:51am On Aug 07, 2012
swaggerific: This guy ran for governor in 1999 and then decided to run for the presidency and failed again after spending so much money in 2003. He then tried again in 2007 and failed. And now he finally became a very good governor...God bless him. He is a great philanthropist and has been giving free education to kids for a while and all I hear is how rich this guy is and not how he worked his way up the money ladder. Did he invest in the stock market? How is this guy this wealthy? I respect his hustle to the last, I like seeing rich people flaunt their hard earned wealth but I just want to know how Rochas got this wealthy

I Love And Respect Wealthy People But How Did Rochas Okorocha Become This Rich?!
At poster, this attitude of urs had made most people not to invest, extend thier money, if he ducks on the state's money now, u call him names, now his self made already, why not let him be.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by PointB: 8:16am On Aug 07, 2012
owobokiri:

Yours make good sense. Why? A lot of people have always said that the ALGON jeep contracts in the early 90s made him, but i know for sure that he was relatively rich before that contract. That means he was into other stuffs earlier.

People also forget that he is a real estate mogul. Rochas has a habit of buying up the choicest plots in places like Abuja, Owerri and Jos. He bought the plot opposite the governors lodge in Owerri before he became the governor. He invested heavily in Abuja when folks were still afraid to leave Lagos. Imagine buying off lands in Asoknro for peanuts and making a killing several years later as the place turns into a highbrow area. He started off as a business man, then did some good contracts for government, then reinvested wisely in real estate and mining and was set for life.

For those saying that Rochas is corrupt, that is FALSE. Talk to his worst critics from his state, they will tell you that though they have issues with his style, dude is not a theif. I dont even want to dignify that nonsense about rituals with a comment. You always hear that from lazy people. . The OPs question is reasonable in as much as it was made with clear intentions.

Looks like Rochas has passed the Litmus test!
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by fiftynaira(m): 9:10am On Aug 07, 2012
Still surprise that at this 21st century some guys are talking about money ritual @ ondo boi I weep for you. Would only clean my tears if you your papa na adenuga of glo or davido father cos peeps like you are the ones that spoil our country's name. #no hard feelings
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by ACM10: 10:17am On Aug 07, 2012
swaggerific: Bro, I tried googling his source of wealth and I couldnt find anything solid hence I asked the question. Now, I didnt expect this question to be on the front page of Nairaland...it was a brutally honest question. I dont hate Rochas, neither do I even remotely dislike him. He is a good governor...hope he continues his good works. I tried googling everywhere but no answer. I dont even know if he rode the prado jeeps but I said that the LGA Chairmen rode those SUVs with reckless abandon.

I cant prove that anyone in this world is wealthy, rich or poor...I can only speak for myself. You know that in our culture, anyone that consistently ran for Governor, President, and Governor again has to have very deep pockets hence the question.

I am not fake. So now asking a question about a Governor I admire is a sin?

swaggerific:

My brother thank you...help me ask them

Don't get it twisted my dear. I'm not disputing your civic responsibility to question the source of wealth of your public officials OR any public official in any part of your country. But you have to convince us first that the officer in question is actually rich. So far, you've not done that.

I refuse to accept speculation. Speculation can be dangerous. Prior to second coup in Nigeria, speculation was rife that the then Head-of-state, Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi was very rich. But when the coupist peeped into his bank account after the coup, they were so embarrassed by the amount they found there that they refused to disclose that to Nigerians for the fear of eliciting the sympathy of the Nigerians towards the man they murdered.

There was a relation of mine whom we thought to be very rich. We were so embarrassed by what we saw in his bank account upon his death. Even the assets that we thought to be his were all leasehold.

You see why speculation is bad. You must base your argument on established fact. Can you imagine the level of speculations that you have provoked, all because u based your thread on speculation.

Once again, you have the right to question the source of wealth of your public official. But you have to establish their direct or indirect ownership of the wealth in question.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Dede1(m): 1:01pm On Aug 07, 2012
I do not give a hoot how dingbats in Nigeria become millionaires. However, it is matter of idiocy to label Rochas Okorocha as good governor after 1 year or more in office while involved in everything which signifies failure and bad governance.

Acts of praise singers and hack writers do not a make a good governor.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by swaggerific: 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2012
ACM10:

Don't get it twisted my dear. I'm not disputing your civic responsibility to question the source of wealth of your public officials OR any public official in any part of your country. But you have to convince us first that the officer in question is actually rich. So far, you've not done that.

I refuse to accept speculation. Speculation can be dangerous. Prior to second coup in Nigeria, speculation was rife that the then Head-of-state, Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi was very rich. But when the coupist peeped into his bank account after the coup, they were so embarrassed by the amount they found there that they refused to disclose that to Nigerians for the fear of eliciting the sympathy of the Nigerians towards the man they murdered.

There was a relation of mine whom we thought to be very rich. We were so embarrassed by what we saw in his bank account upon his death. Even the assets that we thought to be his were all leasehold.

You see why speculation is bad. You must base your argument on established fact. Can you imagine the level of speculations that you have provoked, all because u based your thread on speculation.

Once again, you have the right to question the source of wealth of your public official. But you have to establish their direct or indirect ownership of the wealth in question.

Now how do I establish the direct and indirect links with no information? I have to personally go ask him..."Please Sir, how did you make your money?"...thats B.S, its not that serious.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by swaggerific: 2:21pm On Aug 07, 2012
owobokiri:

You are joking, right? Nothing wrong in being "VERY VERY poor"?? Them take poverty swear for u ni?Your tithe collecting pastor drilled that one into your skull while ransacking your pocket, abi? Omo, i will say this once to you; IT IS A CRIME B4 GOD AND MAN TO BE POOR! Go get your money, just make sure it is clean.

My brother, saying that theres nothing wrong in being very very poor is different from saying that I AM poor. Relax my guy...situation is not that serious.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by tadysmart(m): 2:37pm On Aug 07, 2012
ondo_boi: money ritual *just saying*

Bad belle,people like you will remain poor for a very long time because you believe one can't make geniue money.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Speedy33(m): 3:19pm On Aug 07, 2012
van bonattel: rochas na solomon lar boy, was connected to supply police vehicles when the lar guy was minister for police affairs or something, infact, rochas na jos boy to the core, was born there and schooled there. Made his money through imports and contracts

na so I hear ooooooo!
gbam!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Trouble Looms For Some Private Jet Owners As Customs Begins Crackdown / 2015 Exchange Between Professor Chukwuma Soludo And Peter Obi / Reno Omokri's #Osinbajo'sChallenge: Name 1 Osinbajo Achievement, Earn $1,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.