Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,959 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra (6980 Views)

DSS Parades Suspected Kidnappers Of Jonathan’s Uncle, Others / Suspected Kidnappers Of Nkiru Sylvanus Paraded, Ransom Recovered / 9 Suspected Kidnappers Of ESUT VC Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by Dainfamous: 2:12am On Aug 06, 2012
WKA—SECURITY operatives, yesterday, arrested four suspected kidnappers at Nkpor, a suburb of Onitsha, Anambra State and sealed Arthur Garden Hotel in the area where they were allegedly using as a base.

The arrest was said to have been made about 3.00am following a tip-off.

As news of the arrest filtered into Government House in Awka, Governor Peter Obi, personally led the security operatives to seal the hotel at Umusiome village in Nkpor.

Obi said during the operation that his government would prevent the resurgence of violent crimes in the state.

According to the governor, the hotel would remain closed until investigations were concluded, contending that if it was proved that the hotel served as the kidnappers’ den, government would not hesitate to demolish it and confiscate the land.

He explained that he decided to lead security agencies to seal the hotel to drive the message home to all those engaged in, or were aiding and abetting kidnapping, that Anambra was no longer a place for them.

Chairman of Idemili North caretaker committee, Mr. Ralph Nnabuife commended the governor for his prompt response and assured the people of the area that their security remained a priority of government.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/security-operatives-arrest-4-suspected-kidnappers-in-anambra/
Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by Afam4eva(m): 1:29pm On Aug 06, 2012
You mods just keep doing the same thing over and over again. Are you not ashamed of yourselves??

3 Likes

Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by cogbuagu: 1:29pm On Aug 06, 2012
That is not what i wan to hear,
where is the Igwe of my village ooo
Igwe of Upko in Anambra state.

Obi should find him to prove what he is talking about.

embarassed

1 Like

Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by gboyex(m): 1:33pm On Aug 06, 2012
This is serious oh, that's the local Government area that am currently serving oh, God save someone from all this richualist in the east,esp in anambra state imagine in a community having 21gods and numerous shrine,and still flood catholic church on sunday morning. Gov Peter You have to do more to curb this menace.
Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by ebamma(m): 1:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
kidnappers in the east, opc in the west, militants in the south and bokoharam in the north,is nigeria heading towards becoming another somalia?
Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 06, 2012
afam4eva: You mods just keep doing the same thing over and over again. Are you not ashamed of yourselves??

Do what ? Are they the ones kidnapping people in Anambra ?
Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by Mrchippychappy(m): 1:39pm On Aug 06, 2012
afam4eva: You mods just keep doing the same thing over and over again. Are you not ashamed of yourselves??

I thought i was the only one who noticed it . Shame ? This moderators? hahaha ..... They are a classes bunch .

2 Likes

Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by ifyalways(f): 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
I really don't get why the hotel would be sealed and the property permanently confiscated by the govt?well, unless its proved that kidnapped victims were kept in the hotel premises. Even at that, does that make the hotel and its management criminals?what does the law say, anyone
Its pretty much like sealing a cyber cafe Cos 'yahoo boys' were caught there.
Anyway, where are the names, pictures of the arrested 4 na? Are they dead or alive?
Obi went with SSS to arrest and seal the hotel ? We shall hear the "main gist and full details" later. LOL
Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by ifyalways(f): 1:47pm On Aug 06, 2012
Mu he he
You are a grammar "richualist" and I'm afraid of you.
tongue

gboyex: This is serious oh, that's the local Government area that am currently serving oh, God save someone from all this richualist in the east,esp in anambra state imagine in a community having 21gods and numerous shrine,and still flood catholic church on sunday morning. Gov Peter You have to do more to curb this menace.

6 Likes

Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by pyyxxaro: 1:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
Igbo kwenu.................. grin tongue cheesy
Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by greall1: 2:08pm On Aug 06, 2012
PIX
Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 06, 2012
NA TODAY
Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by FSU: 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2012
Driver in court over rape of teenage food vendor
On August 6, 2012 · In News
1:00 pm

Lagos – A 43-year-old commercial bus driver, who allegedly raped a teenage food vendor, on Monday appeared before a Yaba Magistrates’ Court in Lagos on a one-count charge.

Felix Adedayo is standing trial before Magistrate Patrick Adekomaya, but he pleaded not guilty, and was granted bail in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties in like sum.

The prosecutor, Insp Godwin Anyanwu, said that Adedayo, a resident of Adisatu Close in Orile, raped the 17-year-old on July 30 at 7.15 p.m. at the Oyingbo Motor Park.

The prosecutor told the court that the defendant had pretended to be buying the “Agidi” (corn mill) being hawked by the teenager .

The prosecutor told the court that the offence contravened Section 258 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Lagos State.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by dadicvila(m): 2:28pm On Aug 06, 2012
FSU:
Driver in court over rape of teenage food vendor
On August 6, 2012 · In News
1:00 pm

Lagos – A 43-year-old commercial bus driver, who allegedly raped a teenage food vendor, on Monday appeared before a Yaba Magistrates’ Court in Lagos on a one-count charge.

Felix Adedayo is standing trial before Magistrate Patrick Adekomaya, but he pleaded not guilty, and was granted bail in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties in like sum.

The prosecutor, Insp Godwin Anyanwu, said that Adedayo, a resident of Adisatu Close in Orile, raped the 17-year-old on July 30 at 7.15 p.m. at the Oyingbo Motor Park.

The prosecutor told the court that the defendant had pretended to be buying the “Agidi” (corn mill) being hawked by the teenager .

The prosecutor told the court that the offence contravened Section 258 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Lagos State.
lwkmd...make una kill una self
Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2012
I tire my brother! Kidnapping isn't new to me anymore.afterall it didn't start in the southeast and its not gonna end there either! undecided

1 Like

Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by achi4u(m): 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kidnapping business is dieing in the east.
thank GOD
Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by Ndata(m): 2:47pm On Aug 06, 2012

'Prophet',2 others arrested with heavy weapons,stolen items in Ibadan

Crime Guard Sunday, August 5, 2011

The long white robe with a sign of cross at the front that [b]Tunde Adeyinka [/b]had on when paraded at the Oyo State Police Command, Eleyele, Ibadan reminds one of Brother Jero in Wole Soyinka's Trials of Brother Jero. In fact, it would not be an overstatement to nickname him 'three in one'.

*The suspects with one of the stolen goats

Or,how else would you describe someone who performs the role of a prophet, a traditional ruler and an Alfa. With the way he looks, you can hardly resist saying amen, if he says God bless you and with some Arabic words and some calabashes of black soap, he can easily hoodwink his victims.

Behind all these, the man and his colleagues,who were arrested in a building along P- Ajao area of Ogbomosho were allegedly in possession of one AK 49 rifle, two locally-made double barrel pistols with five live cartridges,two AK 47 rifles, one double sim Techno handset, one Nokia handset, one Toyota Camry Saloon car with registration no. 'Lagos' MUS 159 AG, one unregistered motorcycle and three cutlasses.

Thinking that he could still convince people watching him unbelievably, he said he was a genuine man of God and that he was using all the items found on him to help mankind.

When asked what he was doing with black soap, cowry shells, horns, red cloth with Islamic wordings,he was dumbfounded.

Oyo State Police Command Deputy Commissioner,Clement Adoda while parading the suspects said, "Upon a tip off to the Ogbomosho Area Commander, ACP. Patrick Ezeani, three men and three women; Tunde Adeyinka,34,Sunday Olanrewaju,29,and Popoola Omotayo,27, were arrested in a building along P-Ajao area, of Ogbomosho".

On interrogation, he said the arrested notorious criminals confessed to be a gang of criminals who engaged in inter-state robberies, especially within the South Western axis. The arrested suspects who claimed to be "Woli" (Prophets) will soon be charged to court".

As if that was not enough, the Deputy Commissioner of Police in the state also told newsmen about a 25-year-old man who defiled a four- year old girl. The man, [b]Femi Owolabi [/b]who is now being detained at the State Criminal Investigation Department, Iyaganku-Ibadan was said to have committed the ungodly act on July 30, 2012.

The mother of the unfortunate little girl, upon discovery of blood stains on her legs examined her and later noticed that she was bleeding profusely from her private part. She then went to the Agugu Police Division to report the matter.

The police quoted the mother as saying she saw the little girl coming out of the suspect's room with blood all over her legs.

Another gang of suspected hoodlums who allegedly specialized in stealing goats and robbing people of valuables at gun point at Omi Adio and its environs were also rounded up by the police.

According to Police authorities in the state, "On July 27, 2012, at about 8:25pm, one Amuzat of Ajibade village via Omi Adio, Ibadan reported that unknown thieves had stolen five of his goats. Based on the report, policemen at Apata Division swung into action and searched the surrounding bush where one Azeez Shaibu was found hiding inside the bush with the goats. His arrest led to the arrest of two other members of the gang. The arrested members are: Azeez Shaubu, Ojo Ogunmola and Idowu Yekini.

Meanwhile, in his confessional statement, one of the suspects, Azeez Shaibu revealed that they are robbers who have been terrorizing the village. Equally arrested are Lukman Ganiyu who allegedly taught the gang members techniques of stealing goats, and Kunle Ojo, the landlord who hid them from police arrest. Recovered from the suspects was one dane gun"

The speed with which news of crime that has to do with Igbo make it to the front page is disturbing.The moderators will always hide those that has to do with Yoruba.Is this fair?

4 Likes

Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by FSU: 2:50pm On Aug 06, 2012

What is the complaint about? You know the motives of the mods, just thwart it by posting 11 Yoruba evil post for every 1 Igbo post. Whinning about what you cannot change is not a solution.

1 Like

Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by FSU: 2:51pm On Aug 06, 2012
Woman kills in-law’s son in Lagos

| Print | E-mail

Written by Olalekan Olabulo Monday, 06 August 2012

There was real tension around Ijegun, a a suburb of Lagos, on Sunday, as a woman beat her son-in-law to death.
The incident happened around 3p.m. at 8, Amosun Street, Ashafa area of Ijegun, Ikotun area of the state. The woman, identified simply as[b] Iya Anu,[/b] beat the son of his late brother-in-law to death. She had reportedly accused the deceased’s son of misplacing one thousand naira.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that the incident created serious pandemonium, as some angry residents attempted to lynch the woman killing the boy, identified simply as Sebo. A resident of the area, who identified himself as Kazeem, said that "the woman had, in the past, been maltreating the boy."

He also added that the woman had attempted to cover up the murder, when she tried to deposit him at Mercyland Hospital in the area.

The incident has been reported at Isheri Oshun police station. A police officer who pleaded anonymity while speaking with the Nigerian Tribune, confirmed the incident, but stated that "they just brought in the case."

4 Likes

Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by Nightshift(m): 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2012
Nairaland's "Ethnic Snipers" on duty. All armed against their fellow Africans. Any of you ever got niggered?

2 Likes

Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by BinghiNya(m): 3:09pm On Aug 06, 2012
Christians and Kidnapping. When will these christians stop kidnapping people. Did Christ tell you to be ritualists. Igbo kwenu
Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 06, 2012
gboyex: This is serious oh, that's the local Government area that am currently serving oh, God save someone from all this richualist in the east,esp in anambra state imagine in a community having 21gods and numerous shrine,and still flood catholic church on sunday morning. Gov Peter You have to do more to curb this menace.
Gboyex, you have to do something to curb the menace of rubbish spelling by graduates angry

3 Likes

Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 06, 2012
BinghiNya: Christians and Kidnapping. When will these christians stop kidnapping people. Did Christ tell you to be ritualists. Igbo kwenu
Ara gbachikwa gi nti ngahu!! Ewu Yoruba.
Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by Okijajuju1(m): 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2012

Nwokem, hapu go di.. Anyi ga ele onye ika ga gwu.

When them tire, them go stop..
Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by afajack(m): 3:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
Peter obi is just doing play play, may b he hs problem with d own b4 das why he sealed d hotel i dnt see d reason why sealed d hotel
Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by muktarmtt(m): 4:37pm On Aug 06, 2012
Dat wat dey r gud at dey go kinappd evrybody in thr region bunch Of fools gud 4nish u, daz way I lyk north dey never kidnappd anybody 4 money mumu igbos. Dey can do anyting 4 money mtsw heartless ppl.
Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by FSU: 4:45pm On Aug 06, 2012
muktar mtt: Dat wat dey r gud at dey go kinappd evrybody in thr region bunch Of fools gud 4nish u, daz way I lyk north dey never kidnappd anybody 4 money mumu igbos. Dey can do anyting 4 money mtsw heartless ppl.

Not more than what you do, killing others for the sake of going to hell to fukc some phantom 77 virgins. Brainwashed lot.

1 Like

Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by muktarmtt(m): 4:50pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kidnappd my foot waiting dey worry does igbo ppl, 4 north I saw Aliko Dangote on road dey walker 4 motor nd we meet in kaduna gamji park no one give a damn abt him only him nd his frnds dey chill but try dat in anambara, Delta, or imo nd c wat happnd I tink dey kidnappers go start a war of b/t dem I saw him first no I fisrt u.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by FSU: 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
muktar mtt: Kidnappd my foot waiting dey worry does igbo ppl, 4 north I saw Aliko Dangote on road dey walker 4 motor nd we meet in kaduna gamji park no one give a damn abt him only him nd his frnds dey chill but try dat in anambara, Delta, or imo nd c wat happnd I tink dey kidnappers go start a war of b/t dem I saw him first no I fisrt u.

I'd rather be kidnapped, pay a ransom and be released than be killed by some ignorant, 77 virgin-seeking brain-washed muslims.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by bisi16(m): 5:01pm On Aug 06, 2012
You sound silly with this your comment. So ritualists are only found in the east ehn?!
Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by bisi16(m): 5:07pm On Aug 06, 2012
muktar mtt: Kidnappd my foot waiting dey worry does igbo ppl, 4 north I saw Aliko Dangote on road dey walker 4 motor nd we meet in kaduna gamji park no one give a damn abt him only him nd his frnds dey chill but try dat in anambara, Delta, or imo nd c wat happnd I tink dey kidnappers go start a war of b/t dem I saw him first no I fisrt u.
Can you imagine the level of foo.lishness & illiteracy.. Laughing so loud, with pity, for your children.

1 Like

Re: 4 Suspected Kidnappers Arrested In Anambra by bilaya(m): 5:19pm On Aug 06, 2012

Look at this dirty Yoruba maggot.Two dirty yorubas like you killed their own brother for rituals in festac Lagos.Your dirty Yoruba brother beheaded a nine year old girl for rituals in Ogun last year.May God punish you.I hope they will kill you wherever you are and may pigs rape your useless mother.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Who Posted The Dream She Had 2days Ago On FB About Plane Crash Came To Past / LP- An Igbo Woman Won Won House Of Reps In Lagos / Coups In Nigeria •ibb’s Adc, Uk Bello, Pretended To Be With Us And Was Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.