Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

DSTV Increases Tariffs Again - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / DSTV Increases Tariffs Again (34764 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by omosexy1: 10:03am On Aug 06, 2012
Multichoice Nigeria, owners of DSTV, have increased their access tariffs again. The company has introduced new subscription charges, citing increases in the company’s operational and ancillary costs which include, content acquisition and development, technical infrastructure, satellite lease, facilities and maintenance.

The new tariffs are: DStv Family, from N2, 800 to N3, 000; DStv Compact, from N4, 800 to N5, 000; DStv Compact Plus, from N7, 000 to N7, 500 and DStv Premium, from N10, 000 to N11, 000.

Managing Director of MultiChoice Nigeria, John Ugbe said, “We are mindful of the current economic challenges and the impact on the purchasing power given the myriad of competing needs. As a family-oriented company, we have proposed this deal aimed at creating a WIN-WIN situation that ensures that this increase has no negative impact on our subscribers who take up our offer. Our esteemed subscribers will have an opportunity to pay less than they were previously paying.”

Ugbe said for subscribers who take advantage of the special offer, the 10 per cent discount translates to N1,350 from N1,500 (N150 less than the new rate) for DStv Access; N2,700 from N3, 000 (N300 less than the new rate) for DStv Family; N4, 500 from N5, 000 (N500 less than the new rate) for DStv Compact; N6,750 from N7, 500 (N750 less than new rate) for DStv Compact Plus; and N9, 900 from N11, 000 (N1,100 less than the new rate) for the DStv Premium.

Source: http://businessnews.com.ng/2012/08/06/dstv-increases-tariffs-again/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=dstv-increases-tariffs-again
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Chanchit: 10:18am On Aug 06, 2012
Don't worry, i watch mine for free.... If u manage to block it, then i will come and complain abt the new tarrif..

9 Likes

Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 06, 2012
Chanchit: Don't worry, i watch mine for free.... If u manage to block it, then i will come and complain abt the new tarrif..
How did you do it ?

1 Like

Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by otokx(m): 1:11pm On Aug 06, 2012
When there is no competition? What do you expect?
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Afam4eva(m): 1:12pm On Aug 06, 2012
See the people wey dey spoil naija
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 06, 2012
No wahala.... As it still covers my internet cost.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Youngk(m): 1:13pm On Aug 06, 2012
pls landers,who knows about the metro digital television that shows all live football via an arab tv station?,pls i want the cost of purchasing their decoder and their diffrent tarrifs .thanks

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Excuzeme: 1:14pm On Aug 06, 2012
use your "PM" to discuss with him or do you expect him to yarn that type of thing "so openly"?

BTW, DSTV is not food, therefore, its not a must and there are alternatives you can explore...like above. wink wink

1 Like

Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 06, 2012
Ok...next please
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by omodapson(m): 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2012
I don't understand... what is the special package they are talking about in the second paragraph. But I think it is high time consumers cried out. I pity Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 06, 2012
What happened to HITV?
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by temmytanny(m): 1:21pm On Aug 06, 2012
SIGNS OF MONOPOLISTIC MARKET
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by mikolo08(m): 1:21pm On Aug 06, 2012
Abi Multi-chioce dey mad ni angry angry angry?,another increment,this people need to be called to order,more over there are no strong competitor undecided. *spits*!!!.
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by trigar12(m): 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2012
These guys are mad, wot nonsense, they keep repeating 1 film for a month they are still increasing their tariff, STAR TIMES is a beta choice

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Youngk(m): 1:24pm On Aug 06, 2012
i think they increased it cos of the football leagues coming up soon bt most of the plans do not have "realtime" football channels.nawooo.......South Africa milking us dry
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Shuen: 1:25pm On Aug 06, 2012
Increment again? I guess they are warming up for the new premier league season shocked shocked. In naija,anything can happen.
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Youngk(m): 1:25pm On Aug 06, 2012
Youngk: pls landers,who knows about the metro digital television that shows all live football via an arab tv station?,pls i want the cost of purchasing their decoder and their diffrent tarrifs .thanks
still waitin for an answer
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Decryptor(m): 1:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
Billyonaire: How did you do it ?
There is a chip in the decoder which when soldered out, and read with a device on a computer enables you to rewrite some codes in the chip. that chip is responsible for reading the tariff information of your smart card. Once you rewrite, put in your smart card even without a subsription and you are live!
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by ebamma(m): 1:32pm On Aug 06, 2012
im not suprise, Dstv spent about 100 million dollars(16 billion naira), to acquire the the rights to show english premier league,and african magic which is show nollywood movies,always pay the owners of the movies.
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by KayDee4: 1:34pm On Aug 06, 2012
[size=13pt] Nor be their fault, hitv turned out to be the most useless competitor ever.[/size]

1 Like

Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Lordave: 1:34pm On Aug 06, 2012
Youngk: still waitin for an answer
try Aljazeera sports, but they don't show EPL. Abu Dhabi sports & DSTV have EPL
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by greall1: 1:34pm On Aug 06, 2012
RUNDOWN

Bob_E: What happened to HITV?

1 Like

Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by temmytanny(m): 1:34pm On Aug 06, 2012
ebamma: im not suprise, Dstv spent about 100 million dollars(16 billion naira), to acquire the the rights to show english premier league,and african magic which is show nollywood movies,always pay the owners of the movies.
I dont think so bro, EPL no pass $30million a season and africa magic no pass $2m a year. Am not arguing with you oooo just prove me wrong
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 06, 2012
Decryptor: There is a chip in the decoder which when soldered out, and read with a device on a computer enables you to rewrite some codes in the chip. that chip is responsible for reading the tariff information of your smart card. Once you rewrite, put in your smart card even without a subsription and you are live!
Wow, if you can do this, then we are in business.
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by DerMeister: 1:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
Awwww, not again, they jes increased tariffs last year! Comcast and BSkyB please come save us!
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by agog: 1:39pm On Aug 06, 2012
WHEN WILL THIS NEW TARIFF TAKES EFFECT ABEG
omosexy1: Multichoice Nigeria, owners of DSTV, have increased their access tariffs again. The company has introduced new subscription charges, citing increases in the company’s operational and ancillary costs which include, content acquisition and development, technical infrastructure, satellite lease, facilities and maintenance.

The new tariffs are: DStv Family, from N2, 800 to N3, 000; DStv Compact, from N4, 800 to N5, 000; DStv Compact Plus, from N7, 000 to N7, 500 and DStv Premium, from N10, 000 to N11, 000.

Managing Director of MultiChoice Nigeria, John Ugbe said, “We are mindful of the current economic challenges and the impact on the purchasing power given the myriad of competing needs. As a family-oriented company, we have proposed this deal aimed at creating a WIN-WIN situation that ensures that this increase has no negative impact on our subscribers who take up our offer. Our esteemed subscribers will have an opportunity to pay less than they were previously paying.”

Ugbe said for subscribers who take advantage of the special offer, the 10 per cent discount translates to N1,350 from N1,500 (N150 less than the new rate) for DStv Access; N2,700 from N3, 000 (N300 less than the new rate) for DStv Family; N4, 500 from N5, 000 (N500 less than the new rate) for DStv Compact; N6,750 from N7, 500 (N750 less than new rate) for DStv Compact Plus; and N9, 900 from N11, 000 (N1,100 less than the new rate) for the DStv Premium.

Source: http://businessnews.com.ng/2012/08/06/dstv-increases-tariffs-again/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=dstv-increases-tariffs-again
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by temmytanny(m): 1:39pm On Aug 06, 2012
DerMeister: Awwww, not again, they jes increased tariffs last year! Comcast and BSkyB please come save us!
That would save the day but will our politicians who are benefiting from DSTV allow them to come?
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Decryptor(m): 1:41pm On Aug 06, 2012
Billyonaire: Wow, if you can do this, then we are in business.
Oh really? How do i know if you are not a DStv staff?

11 Likes

Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by gonon: 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2012
If only HiTv played their cards right......... cry
Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 06, 2012
this post has expired..thanks

1 Like

Re: DSTV Increases Tariffs Again by jossy26: 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2012
@OP, what do they mean by the special offer and how does it work?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Make My Gotv Work In A New Location, Moved Away From My Former Location / Please Advice... Which Is The Best FTA Decoder To Buy Currently? / Price Of Dstv Walka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.