Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Let Down By Gtbank - Any Other Banks? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Let Down By Gtbank - Any Other Banks? (1099 Views)

CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms / Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs / Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Down By Gtbank - Any Other Banks? by Nimshi: 12:09pm On Aug 06, 2012
Having banked with GTBank for over a decade, we have been let down. Perhaps this is temporary for the bank, but the events of the last two weeks have been very costly to us. Are there any viable alternatives to GTBank? The minimum required:

1) Full online banking capabilities:
- intra-bank transfers, online
- inter-bank transfers, online
- FX transfers from outside Nigeria into the Nigerian bank account
- FX exchange into Naira online (direct sale to the bank), online
- Receipts for transactions, online

GTBank provides all these services; the bank has been excellent. But in view of the last two weeks, it is clear it's a poor strategy to have just one bank within Nigeria, and we're paying for it. . .

Any suggestions, please?
Re: Let Down By Gtbank - Any Other Banks? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 06, 2012
Apparently u don't know abt first bank. All those things listed including paying your bills & recharging your fone. First banks online banking platform is d bomb. I use it so I know
Re: Let Down By Gtbank - Any Other Banks? by Nimshi: 1:33pm On Aug 06, 2012
No, I don't; that's why I'd asked.

When I opened my GTBank account, First Bank did not have these capabilities.

Things have certainly improved, so I seek the experience of neutral clients; it's one thing to have the services, but it's another for the services to function as intended. In the case of GTBank, the last two weeks have been disappointing . . .
Re: Let Down By Gtbank - Any Other Banks? by McNelson(m): 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2012
The problem with GTBANK is that hackers has been intruding into their system......for those that have a token, plese b careful with it.
Re: Let Down By Gtbank - Any Other Banks? by Nimshi: 4:02pm On Aug 06, 2012
You're right.

But what's special? Why would the GTBank systems especially attract crackers?

In any case: whenever customers suffer - for any reason - then the bank isn't doing well enough.

In this case, the problem isn't that the IT system 'upgrade' failed, but also that many (not most, not all) GTBank officers couldn't handle the pressure. And the ban failed to inform beforehand that they were to implement an upgrade that could impact services . . .

(1) (Reply)

Dealmakers Dreaming Of African Riches Move Bankers To Next China / 2mbbl Of BLCO To Ghana Water On TTO Is Available / How To Start Your Business With Little Capital (200,000 Naira)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.