Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? (12605 Views)

Oya, come & confess- which of these did you do as a child? / You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child / Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by BJ4REEL(m): 8:09pm On Aug 15, 2012
Hmmmmm...thats y i love nairalandrz....a thread lyk diz makes one reflect, 'those' good old dayz,when men where boyz....sweet childhood dayz; wish one can revisit them again....
We all did most of those things...
I remember once when,our cushion chairs were due for repair; and for me & my siblings,then,we'd prefered some strokes to taking drugs,when eva we fell sick...;<the amount of drugs dat waz later recovered inside those chairs,during repair,was enuf to open a small chemist...lol...with enuf spanking as a deterrent......
And many other funny things that we deny,when we are being reminded by our parent

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by MrEverest(m): 8:33pm On Aug 15, 2012
Tearing out our match box just to use it to play dice.
Sticking a knife to the ground when two cocks are fighting, so they wont stop!
Scavenging dustbins of beer palours, looking for lucky promo cocks to go and redeem!
Building castles on wet sand.
Rolling wheel with a spoke along the streets.
Scraping ice from the fridge wall and licking it.
Shouting up NEPA whenever they brought light.
Pouring groundnut into mineral

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by chux76(m): 9:33pm On Aug 15, 2012
Maria-Goretti:
All i remember doin was being sick always n each time, was taken to d hospital for treatment.

U b wicked child...
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by greaterlove(m): 9:35pm On Aug 15, 2012
edjuzion: - Dip the bread inside the tea
- mix the entire white rice and stew before eating
- pour dry garri on your bean porridge
- share the meat and let the eldest pick
- suck out the marrow
- can't eat the meat until you finish the food
- put the morning tea in freezer to block
- bite the crown and put into the bottle of cook
- Use the meat to finish the remaining eba
- Put the medicine inside the roll of eba
- Licking the plate with your tongue after eating
- after eating biscuit or bread you use your finger to remove the ones on your teeth and then lick it?

-
All of the above
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by razznaija(f): 9:49pm On Aug 15, 2012
edjuzion: - Dip the bread inside the tea
- mix the entire white rice and stew before eating
- pour dry garri on your bean porridge
- share the meat and let the eldest pick
- suck out the marrow
- can't eat the meat until you finish the food
- put the morning tea in freezer to block
- [s]bite the crown and put into the bottle of cook[/s]
- Use the meat to finish the remaining eba
- Put the medicine inside the roll of eba
- [s]Licking the plate with your tongue after eating[/s]
- after eating biscuit or bread you use your finger to remove the ones on your teeth and then lick it?

-
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by amiskurie(m): 10:10pm On Aug 15, 2012
This thread is so cool.
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by amiskurie(m): 10:10pm On Aug 15, 2012
Most of abandon vehicles in the hood then automatically becomes mine...mehn,kon see speed for one spot.**voooooom,voooooo,vooooooooooooooooooo....mehn!

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by amiskurie(m): 10:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
*I use to wrap up papers to smoke
*i use to consume at-least packets of sword sweet in a day..
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by cutefiola(f): 11:29pm On Aug 15, 2012
cheesy i also did all n more. I use to play with sand n cook with leaves.and teach empty chairs n table afta closing hours in school
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by http(m): 11:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
@ poster, all of the darm above..

Plus going to school with a small bowl of DRY Garri saturated with sugar, during break time,use my biro to sniff the Garri like sniffing cocaine grin
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by MariaGoretti: 7:23am On Aug 16, 2012
chux76:

U b wicked child...
U d ogbanje
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Connoisseur(m): 7:25am On Aug 16, 2012
freecocoa: -I didn't pour garri on beans(mum will spank you silly)
-I don't remember sharing meat(unless I'm being kind by sharing mine with a sibling)
- No licking of plate as a kid(na now i dey do that one in the comfort of my roomcheesy)
-No medicine inside eba for my house(my dad used to threaten us with cane saying "since
you can fall ill,you should be able to take drugs"wink
-No pouring of tea inside freezer as a kid(mumsy will spank,i started doing that as a teenager even till now,i call it choco ice cream)

I remember going back to cream my body after i must have dressed up(our cream no dey last then,i was always shining) grin
that means you had carryover for child's play.
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Chikebrain: 9:24am On Aug 16, 2012
Okija_juju:

All except using meat to eat eba..

Also

1. Hide my share of anything that was given to us, wait for others to finish theirs and then slowly eat mine.
2. Build a 'saving-box' with wood.
3. Made knock-out with spark plugs.
4. Always waited to clear my fathers plate after eating so that I can grab the last remaining piece of meat in it.
5. Sneak out at night to watch NTA late night movie
6. Walk around scavenging used straws and balloons at birthday parties.
7. Bath under the rain.
8. Washed my next day school uniform in the night and iron dry it in the morning.
9. Played 'catcher' and always scrapped my knee.
10. Made Totems from Tigerhead batteries and Bic Pen covers.
11. Knelt in the backseat of the car facing back and making faces at the following car behind.
12. Used my Chruch offering money to buy Ice Cream after church and eat so fast before my daddy came out and caught me.
13. Used to play this game in school were we put one sock inside the other and use it as a weapon during break.
LMAO, I did most of them
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by blackbeau1(f): 9:39am On Aug 16, 2012
All of the above.and I know some of us still do all of this things now angry cheesy
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by donugapi(m): 10:15am On Aug 16, 2012
I did all of the above including the following.

-Tying a shirt over your face to look like a ninja.
-Climbing trees even when my mother would have killed me if i was caught.
-Using stones to kill lizards on the wall.
-Locking your two index fingers to pull down a bird grin (we were stupid sha..haha)
-Grinding chalk and using it to smoke.
-Rolling a paint bucket cover with a metal hanger
-Catching tadpoles from the gutter.. (I thought they were fish.. sad )
-Boat race whenever it rains in the gutter water.
-Gambling with rubber bands..

Plus many more i can't remember now... hehehe grin

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:03am On Aug 16, 2012
donugapi: I did all of the above including the following.

-Tying a shirt over your face to look like a ninja.
-Climbing trees even when my mother would have killed me if i was caught.
-Using stones to kill lizards on the wall.
-Locking your two index fingers to pull down a bird grin (we were stupid sha..haha)
-Grinding chalk and using it to smoke.
-Rolling a paint bucket cover with a metal hanger
-Catching tadpoles from the gutter.. (I thought they were fish.. sad )
-Boat race whenever it rains in the gutter water.
-Gambling with rubber bands..

Plus many more i can't remember now... hehehe grin

NA WAH O!!

You sure say we no been be neighbours.

I did all that and more..

Like;

*. Make my Ninja sword out of two pieces of wood nailed in the shape of a cross..
*. Tie my bedsheet around my neck and run around like superman
*. Do front flips on my mattress
*. Play canta-ball with crowns of sodas and beers.. Even wrap them with paper and write names and jersey numbers on them.
*. Write my name and put inside my pen.
*. Pass a rope around my BIC pen and hang it around my neck.
*. Would memorize the number on the tail-end on my pen incase someone stole it..

And lots more silly stuff like that!! grin

#Goodtimes
[/quote]
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by toria1980(f): 12:30pm On Aug 16, 2012
my brother,till date i purposely pour large quantity of
water in my porridge beans just to make me pour more garri,
soft and sweet.[/quote]

me no be boy o
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by nuruoniwo(m): 12:43pm On Aug 16, 2012
Buying rubber catapult in the countryside come to the streets to chase birds and end up braking peoples window glasses,pick eye glass from the gutter and tell my friends that its recommended,catch tadpoles from gutter and put in a glass and call them golden fish till they die before third day,buy fried fish head for 10kobo with transport money when coming back from school and then trecK home,train and keep a dog and have bicycle without my parents knowing,go to natoinal stadium and thearter without my parents knowing,being knocked down by bike and never tell at home because I was given money and haveused it to eat "EBA IBO"yellow garri........too many
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Onims1(f): 2:20pm On Aug 16, 2012
black_beau: All of the above.and I know some of us still do all of this things now angry cheesy
Mehn...i'm a living example...lol
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Fhemmmy: 2:23pm On Aug 16, 2012
Mr Everest:
Sticking a knife to the ground when two cocks are fighting, so they wont stop!

I remember this one too and nailing a nail to the ground when 2 dogs are doing their thing . . . tongue
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:13pm On Aug 16, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I remember this one too and nailing a nail to the ground when 2 dogs are doing their thing . . . tongue

Thank God say no be only me get pkako childhood.. I think say una be playstation children!! grin
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Fhemmmy: 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2012
Okija_juju:

Thank God say no be only me get pkako childhood.. I think say una be playstation children!! grin

Lol . . . Chief, growing up was not bread and butter oh, but we made something out of our life and thank God for how far our parents could go
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by edogram1(m): 6:56pm On Aug 16, 2012
Using odinary leg/feet to go to school while the ground is very hot in the afteroon with heavy sun and then put ur bag on ur head, following someone on the back and puting ur feet the same spot on the ground after him or her and Zap.i.n.g without ur d.i.c.k entering the V hole.
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Bluemoon1(f): 8:29pm On Aug 20, 2012
- Dip the bread inside the tea done
- mix the entire white rice and stew before eating done
- pour dry garri on your bean porridge done
- share the meat and let the eldest pick done
- suck out the marrow done
- can't eat the meat until you finish the food always ate my meat first
- put the morning tea in freezer to block i no know this one o
- bite the crown and put into the bottle of cook done
- Use the meat to finish the remaining eba once soup/meat don finish. i go throw the eba
- Put the medicine inside the roll of eba done
- Licking the plate with your tongue after eating Nope
- after eating biscuit or bread you use your finger to remove the ones on your teeth and then lick it? Nope (meat? yes)
Re: Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? by Nanaiky(f): 10:09pm On Jan 09, 2015
Playing hide and seek with my siblings and cousins, and whenever I am the seeker, I would just go upstairs and never return,...I was the youngest, they could hide so well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sex During Fasting For Christians (RCCG) / 300 Divorces, Widows Get Married At Mass Weddings Sponsored By Kebbi State / I Am Scared To Leave My Fiance Behind For My Studies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.