Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,983 members, 7,810,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo (36164 Views)

Olumba's Supreme Temple Calabar: God's Third And Last Temple Will Be In Calabar / 144 Virgins To Organise Birthday Party For Olumba Olumba Obu In Calabar / Debate! Debate!! Debate!!! Who Is Olumba Olumba Obu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Busta(f): 9:38pm On Dec 17, 2007
I am soooooo curious about the church brotherhood of the cross and star----any member in here?

anybody know anything about the Olumba Olumba Church?

good or bad?
evil or good?

heard so many stories about the church.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by jerrymania(m): 10:29pm On Dec 17, 2007
Busta:

I am soooooo curious about the church brotherhood of the cross and star----any member in here?

good or bad?
evil or good?

why do u want to know wen the only stories u've heard are all bad. what truth r u lookin for again?
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Busta(f): 10:32pm On Dec 17, 2007
Like I said, I am curious.

if u can't answer the question or give ur own insights, maybe u shld just skip along.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by jerrymania(m): 10:41pm On Dec 17, 2007
Busta, u've heard stories and they are all bad, so they r bad period. what else do want to know? or how olumba sleept with his different female church members? or how they witchhunt fallen out members?
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by grafikdon: 12:41am On Dec 18, 2007
I love the way the fuse African beats in their praise and worship music. I think they literally bounce in da Lord, African style. There was a branch behind our apartment in Awka (Don't know if it is still there). I used to enjoy their morning devotion music. . . I think it is an interesting church and I like their style of 'Jesus musical'. . . very mesmerizing when they break out with the drums. . . you either shake what your mama gave ya or nod behind closed doors. grin
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Busta(f): 3:15pm On Dec 18, 2007
jerrymania:

Busta, u've heard stories and they are all bad, so they r bad period. what else do want to know? or how olumba sleept with his different female church members? or how they witchhunt fallen out members?

get a life!

Like I said, if u ain't got an answer for me. . . . skip along.

wat really is it that makes them bad? where u there when he slept his members? how do u know they witchhunt fallen members-----don't say what u do not know.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Mewuoki(m): 7:58pm On Feb 04, 2008
The Nigerian Society is so funny a place that we accept information without verification. People, in the name of "trying to be current" will misinform the society and we will never verify these rumours. I have grew up to hear so many things abt olumba olumba, many of these stories are not even verified and i live very close to these people, I personally have to investigate these things and found out that most of these are propagandas raised by top public figures to show down on the Church. While Newspapers picked on every forms of lies to make money selling fake stories abt olumba, the so called born against also used these stories to buy members to themselves.One of the stories was that Olumba sucks Blood, and yet more people are rushing to the Church, are they not affraid of their blood be sucked. By conclusion, i know its difficult to quench rumours but i believe this the 21st century and we have information gadgets and systems that can be used in effective findings either to exposed or bring to light the activities of Sects, Churches and even individuals, Lets make use of these systems, Instate of reprinting what u hear without verifications.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by sancaras: 1:15am On Apr 14, 2008
Hi , i'm so sorry if i distruble any body or brother's and sisters now for my question. What i would like to know it's may be complicate but if some one there can help me please dont leave me in darkness.
My question is " I would like to know more about Psycology"?.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by zedkya(f): 9:55pm On Oct 01, 2008
my uncle is in the brotherhood of the cross and star,in south africa, im really worried about him, he needs medical attention but they wont let him go to a doctor or hospital cry
any suggestions
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 5:43pm On Oct 02, 2008
zedkya:

my uncle is in the brotherhood of the cross and star,in south africa, I'm really worried about him, he needs medical attention but they wont let him go to a doctor or hospital cry
any suggestions

Zedkya - Something is definitely wrong somewhere! I have been a member of Brotherhood of the Cross & Star for the last 24 years and there is no law in Brotherhood doctrine that forbids anyone from going to a doctor of visiting a hospital.

If there are such people, like you say, then they are not true brotherhood members and your uncle is in serious trouble!

As far as I know, we don't have any staunch brotherhood members or an actual official location, in South Africa. Although You don't necessarily have to have been in Brotherhood for a long period of time to be a true brotherhood member, you just have to be led by the Holy Spirit. And if you are led by the Holy Spirit, you will be hard pressed to offend anyone!

If you care to provide a contact number for these "members" I will attempt to contact them. It is against the teachings of the Holy Spirit to hold anyone against their will or force anyone to do anything in the name of God! God does not force you to do anything against your will!

As time permits, I will respond to any and all queries regarding Olumba Olumba Obu and Brotherhood of the Cross & Star.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2008
Busta:

good or bad?
evil or good?

Hi Busta, I'll be glad to give you any info you require, but I need you to ask specific questions so that I can address these directly.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2008
jerrymania:

why do u want to know when the only stories u've heard are all bad. what truth r u lookin for again?

Jerrymania - I think you've misunderstood Busta! She's saying she wants to know anything and everything there is to know about Brotherhood/Olumba.

This will somehow help inform her decision about what Brotherhood is.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 6:16pm On Oct 02, 2008
grafikdon:

I love the way the fuse African beats in their praise and worship music. I think they literally bounce in da Lord, African style. There was a branch behind our apartment in Awka (Don't know if it is still there). I used to enjoy their morning devotion music. . . I think it is an interesting church and I like their style of 'Jesus musical'. . . very mesmerizing when they break out with the drums. . . you either shake what your mama gave ya or nod behind closed doors. grin

Grafikdon - I like what you write, but the truth is that we do not use drums in Brotherhood! The highest musical instrument we use is a Piano/keyboard/organ and these are used only during specific occasions.

If you heard what sounds like a drum, it must have been a chorister imitating the sound of a drum with the help of a microphone. Just like a human beatbox.

1 Like

Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 6:19pm On Oct 02, 2008
Mewuoki:

The Nigerian Society is so funny a place that we accept information without verification. People, in the name of "trying to be current" will misinform the society and we will never verify these rumours. I have grew up to hear so many things about olumba olumba, many of these stories are not even verified and i live very close to these people, I personally have to investigate these things and found out that most of these are propagandas raised by top public figures to show down on the Church. While Newspapers picked on every forms of lies to make money selling fake stories about olumba, the so called born against also used these stories to buy members to themselves.One of the stories was that Olumba sucks Blood, and yet more people are rushing to the Church, are they not affraid of their blood be sucked. By conclusion, i know its difficult to quench rumours but i believe this the 21st century and we have information gadgets and systems that can be used in effective findings either to exposed or bring to light the activities of Sects, Churches and even individuals, Lets make use of these systems, Instate of reprinting what u hear without verifications.

True talk!
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 03, 2008
@mewuoki
How are you so sure of what you are saying?How do you know if its harmful or not or devil's advocate or not?Have you met him?Did you eat with him?Please dont say things that you dont knw about him.Or are yu trying to initiate new converts into there using this forum(if thats your agenda,am very sure am amongst those that wont roll along with you?).Keep your mouth shut and stop supporting things you know nada abt.Let the wucci or whatever his name is herald his master and church.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by zedkya(f): 11:42am On Oct 03, 2008
hi wuciwug thanks for your recent info it was very helpful, although it has made me even more concerned about my uncle. cry
the people at the brotherhood have told him that he is a prophet and that he doesn't need to see a doctor as olumba olumba obu will heal him. he lives in south africa, although he is in england at the moment for a few days, he has come back to get access to more money! he once had his own restaurant and was doing quite well for himself but lost everything including his home here in england when he joined ther brotherhood 18 years ago. any bit of money he gets goes to them and he drinks nothing but undiluted squash as he believes it is pure fruit juice because this is what they have told him. they also tell him that he must love O.O.O more than his wife,brothers and children and so has no pretty much abandoned his whole family. he is completely on his own out there. he has hernia and we believe he may have cateracts but as i say is not allowed to seek medical attention. 18years ago when he joined the brotherhood his wife joined too but when she realised that they were not genuine she voiced her opinions and they then turned on her convincing my uncle that she was trying to do him wrong of some sort, they placed their hands on her forehead and screamed saying that she was on fire (which i think means she is the devil). this is what they have told my uncle anyway. it seems that this particular sect are frauds! you said you were in the brothehood, may i ask why you are no longer a member?

1 Like

Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:10pm On Oct 03, 2008
they serve good rice and fish on sundays
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 11:47pm On Oct 03, 2008
zedkya:

hi wuciwug thanks for your recent info it was very helpful, although it has made me even more concerned about my uncle. cry
the people at the brotherhood have told him that he is a prophet and that he doesn't need to see a doctor as olumba olumba obu will heal him. he lives in south africa, although he is in england at the moment for a few days, he has come back to get access to more money! he once had his own restaurant and was doing quite well for himself but lost everything including his home here in england when he joined ther brotherhood 18 years ago. any bit of money he gets goes to them and he drinks nothing but undiluted squash as he believes it is pure fruit juice because this is what they have told him. they also tell him that he must love O.O.O more than his wife,brothers and children and so has no pretty much abandoned his whole family. he is completely on his own out there. he has hernia and we believe he may have cateracts but as i say is not allowed to seek medical attention. 18years ago when he joined the brotherhood his wife joined too but when she realised that they were not genuine she voiced her opinions and they then turned on her convincing my uncle that she was trying to do him wrong of some sort, they placed their hands on her forehead and screamed saying that she was on fire (which i think means she is the devil). this is what they have told my uncle anyway. it seems that this particular sect are frauds! you said you were in the brothehood, may i ask why you are no longer a member?

Zedkya - I am still a member of Brotherhood.

Whoever your uncle is with or dealing with is obviously confused and unaware of what Brotherhood really is. It seems to me like they are after your Uncle's money and nothing else. These are not true brotherhood members. They are con artists.

To get at his money, they have succeeded in making desert his family so as gain full control of him and his money. I would suggest that you use any means possible to get your uncle out of their midst.

These people from what you have shared are neither God fearing people or with any conscience. Their practices are far removed from true brotherhood practices.

If it's possible to involve the police, I would say go ahead. You must get your aunt (your uncle's wife) to try and fight for her husband. He has fallen into the hands of crooked folks out to feed their bellies.

If need be go to court, have them declare your uncle incompetent. This way you would have the right to remove him from amongst them.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 12:28am On Oct 04, 2008
poetikalz:

@mewuoki
How are you so sure of what you are saying?How do you know if its harmful or not or devil's advocate or not?Have you met him?Did you eat with him?Please don't say things that you don't knw about him.Or are yu trying to initiate new converts into there using this forum(if thats your agenda,am very sure am amongst those that wont roll along with you?).Keep your mouth shut and stop supporting things you know nada about.Let the wucci or whatever his name is herald his master and church.

Poetikalz - There is no need to insult Mewuoki because you disagree with his opinion, after all, what you are also doing here is giving your own opinion. We might not agree on our differing opinions but we can at least be civil with each other.

You have to consider this, what makes your opinion right and that of Mewuoki wrong? All we can all give/share is our individual points of view, controversial or not.

Mewuoki has said he/she is within close proximity of some brotherhood members, and by virtue of this proximity has been able to confirm/disprove in his/her opinion, certain things about Brotherhood of the Cross & Star. This is something good! Why? Here is someone who can talk from first hand experience and not "them say". So no matter what conclusion Mewuoki comes to, is as objective as one can hope for, even though there is still the possibility of misinterpretation.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by zedkya(f): 4:49pm On Oct 04, 2008
hi again wuciwug.

just figured out what your name stands for,i like it grin

i have arranged to meet with my uncle next week and as you seem like a very genuine kind person i was wondering if there is any other way i can contact you and if it would be at all possible for you to chat with him as you seem to be our only lifeline and only chance of making him see that these people are frauds.

my aunt lives in london,uk so if he was to come back to england permanently he would be residing there with her so maybe you could also give him some advice on where he could find a genuine brotherhood church.

i know its a long shot but i could do with your help we are desperate to help him but he will not listen to us but with you being a member of the brotherhood i am sure he will listen to you.

please help if you can it would mean the world to us kiss
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 5:42pm On Oct 04, 2008
zedkya:

hi again wuciwug.

just figured out what your name stands for,i like it grin

i have arranged to meet with my uncle next week and as you seem like a very genuine kind person i was wondering if there is any other way i can contact you and if it would be at all possible for you to chat with him as you seem to be our only lifeline and only chance of making him see that these people are frauds.

my aunt lives in london,uk so if he was to come back to england permanently he would be residing there with her so maybe you could also give him some advice on where he could find a genuine brotherhood church.

i know its a long shot but i could do with your help we are desperate to help him but he will not listen to us but with you being a member of the brotherhood i am sure he will listen to you.

please help if you can it would mean the world to us kiss

Hi Zedkya - I would be quite glad to help out any way I can. You can contact me at my forum name (which u figured out, as abbreviated)@live.co.uk
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Nimshi: 6:19am On Oct 05, 2008
Hi wuciwug,

thank you for your contributions. It is a new perspective to obtain information by one who understands the Brotherhood. My contact with the Brotherhood has only been through a family I know who've been members for along time. I understood they were/are Christians, but we never bothered to discuss religion. Until one day a little even (not an unpleasant one, I should add) made it clear to me they were members of the Brotherhood. It didn't change a thing because, from all I know about this family, it wouldn't have mattered: their children are well-adjusted, we've had small parties where everyone played badminton and other sports together, they are helpful, respectful, pleasant and all you'd like in a any good family. The parents are always fair in their dealings, and my experience has been that they'll go out of their way to help people; this last fact has resulted in people taking advantage of them.

When we needed their assistance, they gave willingly of their time and other resources. And although I've heard nothing good about the Brotherhood prior to meeting this family (rumours of demons, witches, cult-ish practices and other fantastic reports that one would suspect couldn't be plausibly true. . . ), my interaction with them has been a blessing and a blast of fresh air, confirming the wise position of not making judgements about people from hearsay. Yet, could it be that this one family are an exception? Now, I will submit that no one group could be all bad; and that it is difficult to get a good understanding of religious organisations without being involved. But, if there's no smoke without a fire (and I agree that could be smoke without a fire) why is it that the Brotherhood have had so much bad press?

I have invited my friend to take a look at this thread. Nothing that will be discussed will change the impression I have formed of him and his family; they are good people. The practice of their faith (irrespective of the teachings and doctrines and other beliefs) is at a level that so high that many 'regular' Christians wouldn't even meet up to it. I am interested in the teachings of the Brotherhood, and was hoping that you would perhaps be willing to answer some questions? If not on this open thread, it could be in private . . .

Cheers.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2008
Nimshi:

Hi wuciwug,

thank you for your contributions. It is a new perspective to obtain information by one who understands the Brotherhood. My contact with the Brotherhood has only been through a family I know who've been members for along time. I understood they were/are Christians, but we never bothered to discuss religion. Until one day a little even (not an unpleasant one, I should add) made it clear to me they were members of the Brotherhood. It didn't change a thing because, from all I know about this family, it wouldn't have mattered: their children are well-adjusted, we've had small parties where everyone played badminton and other sports together, they are helpful, respectful, pleasant and all you'D like in a any good family. The parents are always fair in their dealings, and my experience has been that they'll go out of their way to help people; this last fact has resulted in people taking advantage of them.

When we needed their assistance, they gave willingly of their time and other resources. And although I've heard nothing good about the Brotherhood prior to meeting this family (rumours of demons, witches, cult-ish practices and other fantastic reports that one would suspect couldn't be plausibly true. . . ), my interaction with them has been a blessing and a blast of fresh air, confirming the wise position of not making judgements about people from hearsay. Yet, could it be that this one family are an exception? Now, I will submit that no one group could be all bad; and that it is difficult to get a good understanding of religious organisations without being involved. But, if there's no smoke without a fire (and I agree that could be smoke without a fire) why is it that the Brotherhood have had so much bad pres

I have invited my friend to take a look at this thread. Nothing that will be discussed will change the impression I have formed of him and his family; they are good people. The practice of their faith (irrespective of the teachings and doctrines and other beliefs) is at a level that so high that many 'regular' Christians wouldn't even meet up to it. I am interested in the teachings of the Brotherhood, and was hoping that you would perhaps be willing to answer some questions? If not on this open thread, it could be in private . . .

Cheers.

Nimshi - It's nice to know that you have met some members of brotherhood, who do not conform to the "norm" the norm being the negative hearsay, rumours and false witnessing by many others. As you have rightly pointed out, no group is without its bad eggs!

Considering how you still chose to accept this brotherhood family, despite being made aware of their being brotherhood members, can only mean that you are one of the very few exceptional human beings, with the rare quality of not judging a book by its cover, but by its merits.

Most of the information out there about brotherhood is either mostly false, misconstrued or as a result of the misrepresentation of some bad eggs in our midst.

For the most part, peoples' fears largely contribute to their misperception and misconception of brotherhood. Take for example this same family you have spoken well of, just like you have been able to look beyond their membership of brotherhood, there are many others who I can assure you have freaked out after they got to know about their involvement with brotherhood. Not because they now found out that they were/are bad or diabolical, but because they have been conditioned to think and believe so.

An incident that happened to me a few months ago, involved a woman I had never met before. A close family friend had asked her to help bring some Nigerian music over for me. Since she was visiting from Nigeria, I had to go and collect the items from her. Upon getting there, I rang the door bell and she let me into the flat. We got talking and she said she had heard many nice things about me from this friend, no sooner the conversation got round to religion and my place of worship.

When I said brotherhood, she screamed! She said Olumba's church? I said yes! All the while with a big smile on my face. She said she has been made to understand that we always have to walk through doors backwards and I didn't! She said she has heard numerous negative things about brotherhood which did not fit my behaviour.

The main reason for telling this story is that the friend she was staying with now came out her room and joined in the conversation. She recounted the story of a particular church (I can't remember its name) and its pastor she had heard about when she was still living in Nigeria. This pastor according to her had received a lot of negative press and was considered no good and down right evil.

Since she lived within close proximity to this pastor's church, she had to walk past the church almost everyday and each time she had to walk past she always had a blinding headache! She attributed this headache to the evil forces operating with the pastor.

Now, this lady moved abroad and one day was listening to a gospel channel. Tuned in, in the middle of the preaching and liked the gospel being preached. At some point, the preacher started a prayer and she placed her hand on the tv, to receive the prayers. At the end of the prayers, the preacher tuned out to be the same pastor she thought was evil! She could not believe her ears nor her eyes! She said she thought back to everyone she has told negative things about this pastor and his church and now here she was listening to him preach this wonderful gospel and say this wonderful powerful prayer!

When she now visits Nigeria, she walks past this church without any more headaches and she no longer has any fear for it. Is this a case of hysteria, or possibly that she has now being bewitched to change her mind? You decide!

This woman's story is similar to what many people experience about brotherhood. If you must know, brotherhood does not lack members, neither does it solicit for members. Brotherhood sharing its existence with other is only on the basis of sharing what is considered useful information. Similar to condom adverts telling you the benefits of using condom but not telling you whom to buy condoms from!

Brotherhood bethels (we don't call them churches) exit all over the world, even as far as Russia! How does an establishment such as this extend itself beyond the shores of Nigeria without its leader ever going to any of these countries? How can an organization such as this still exist after 60 odd years?

Contrary to what many think, brotherhood is not a place all an d sundry can go. If God does not extend an invitation to you, you cannot come! If you do come without God himself revealing brotherhood to you, you cannot and will not accept it! Without this special invitation from God, anything and everything brotherhood will stink to you. Its a case of some will have eyes but cannot see. Some will have ears, but they will not hear because God has both deafened and blinded them!

Again, you will cause to differ and disagree, but remember, anything not established by God cannot and will not stand, either in the long or short term!

I can boldly say that God will surely destroy brotherhood and Olumba if they are not from him!

Nimshi, if you have any question to ask about brotherhood, please fire away! There is nothing about brotherhood that cannot be discussed openly!
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Nimshi: 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2008
Hi again wuciwug: thanks for your response. It is encouraging to hear that you're willing to address things in the open. Some of the question could sound ridiculous, but I hope you'D bear up. The questioning may also appear to be random, I hope you'D be able to accommodate that; this is no interrogation . . .

1) Is it true that you guys enter your places of worship with your backs facibg the door?
2) Follow-up on 1): have there been occasions where the backside-in style is ever done?
3) Did Olumba Olumba Obu (henceforth OOO) pronounce himself God and/or one fo the Trinity?
4) Is it true that for over 50 years OOO never left the premises of the Brotherhood place of worship in Calabar?
5) Is it correct that OOO taught that since Jesus had only 3 years for his ministry on earth, it was not possible for many other things to be revealed and that he, OOO, embodies other revelations?
6) Did OOO teach that salvation can be attained by obeying instructions from himself?
7) I understand that members of the Brotherhood must be vegans/vegetarians; is this true? If yes, why?
8 ) What about the consumption of alcohol and alcoholic beverages, is this allowed?
9) What about medicines? Are (some) common medicines restricted? If yes, why?
10) What about injections: intravenous and/or intramuscular? Are these restricted?
11) What roles ahev the members of OOO's family played within the brotherhood?
12) Has OOO and/or the Brotherhood made any unfulfilled prophecies?

Let's stop at 12, it being a special number  wink
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 11:53pm On Oct 06, 2008
Nimshi:

Hi again wuciwug: thanks for your response. It is encouraging to hear that you're willing to address things in the open. Some of the question could sound ridiculous, but I hope you'D bear up. The questioning may also appear to be random, I hope you'D be able to accommodate that; this is no interrogation . . .

1) Is it true that you guys enter your places of worship with your backs facibg the door?
2) Follow-up on 1): have there been occasions where the backside-in style is ever done?
3) Did Olumba Olumba Obu (henceforth OOO) pronounce himself God and/or one fo the Trinity?
4) Is it true that for over 50 years OOO never left the premises of the Brotherhood place of worship in Calabar?
5) Is it correct that OOO taught that since Jesus had only 3 years for his ministry on earth, it was not possible for many other things to be revealed and that he, OOO, embodies other revelations?
6) Did OOO teach that salvation can be attained by obeying instructions from himself?
7) I understand that members of the Brotherhood must be vegans/vegetarians; is this true? If yes, why?
8 ) What about the consumption of alcohol and alcoholic beverages, is this allowed?
9) What about medicines? Are (some) common medicines restricted? If yes, why?
10) What about injections: intravenous and/or intramuscular? Are these restricted?
11) What roles ahev the members of OOO's family played within the brotherhood?
12) Has OOO and/or the Brotherhood made any unfulfilled prophecies?

Let's stop at 12, it being a special number wink

Nimshi – Before I proceed to answer you questions, you must realize somewhat that this could be a futile exercise, why? Most people will not comprehend my responses; neither will they find it acceptable. It’s almost impossible to convince anyone of anything (let alone a Christian trying to convince a Muslim of each others’ belief systems), all that can be done is to try to understand why someone has certain beliefs and not necessarily accept what they believe in.

Only God can open anyone’s heart to accept or find truth where all manner of preconceived notions, rumours and hearsay have taken root!

It’s important to remember that at the start, the followers of Christ had to hide and worship undercover. They could not openly pledge any allegiance to Christ. More still is the fact that Christ’s teachings were at variance with the teachings as upheld by the Scribes and the Pharisees.

Everything Christ stood for challenged everything the then “popular churches” represented by the Scribes, Pharisees and Sadducees.

To make sense of brotherhood requires understanding the role of Christ in respect to the Scribes and Pharisees. Christ was considered a radical. He was not accepted by “established religion”. Thousands of years later, we can now all openly claim Christ and pledge our allegiance to him. Now we can openly proclaim his name, which was not previously possible.

Contrary to popular belief, any and every gospel or teaching from Olumba is always based on the teachings of Christ and the contents of the bible. The unique difference about what Olumba does is that he expands on all of Christ’s teachings and the contents of the bible, taking spiritual understanding to a whole new level.

In my opinion, you can draw lines of comparison between brotherhood now and the followers of Christ then. We go against the grain and are considered radical and unacceptable by orthodox Christianity.
To the outsider, brotherhood is demonic, ungodly and anti-Christian, but to the true brotherhood member, we are true Christians following the teachings of Christ having being privileged to witness the manifestation of Christ’s teachings and prophesy.

True members of brotherhood are neither perfect nor saints, but we do try our best to live up to what we believe in. If you were not previously aware we were brotherhood members, you will easily find us acceptable. That is until you find out that we are brotherhood members. Any and all good done by a brotherhood member then becomes questionable and unacceptable! Why? Because when such a person or people find out that we are brotherhood, they find that they have to convince themselves that we are evil because accepting our good as good, means there is something good about brotherhood! And that in itself becomes unacceptable!

Now to your questions:

1. Is it true that you guys enter your places of worship with your backs facing the door?
2. Follow-up on 1): have there been occasions where the backside-in style is ever done?

There has never been any occasion where any true brotherhood member has had to enter backwards through any door, regardless of its location. It is not a brotherhood practice.

3. Did Olumba Olumba Obu (henceforth OOO) pronounce himself God and/or one of the Trinity?

Olumba has never pronounced himself God, but we his true followers have found reason to call him so based on the scriptures and individual revelations. It’s not a must that any call him God or that he be referred to as God, but when you encounter a being whose name puts fear in the heart of evil. What would you call such a being?

This is a simply case of by your faith you are healed. If to you Olumba is a man, he will operate as a man to you. If you think he is a prophet, to you he is a prophet.

One piece of Scripture I find consolation in, is Acts 5: 38 – 39. This has to do with the persecution of the Apostles by the Sadducees. They did not like the radical teachings being taught by the Apostles or their belief in Christ.

Acts 5:38-39 (New King James Version)

38 And now I say to you, keep away from these men and let them alone; for if this plan or this work is of men, it will come to nothing; 39 but if it is of God, you cannot overthrow it—lest you even be found to fight against God.”

Christ was and is the Almighty God we all pray to. He became human, and we received him as the Son of God. Not even his disciples knew who he truly was. Only a privileged few truly knew who Christ was/is.

Remember that till tomorrow the orthodox Jews still do not accept that God came in the flesh. Likewise Christ also said that until they accept that he Christ came in the flesh, a specific gate in Jerusalem will remain closed. That gate still stands till today.

Olumba never speaks about himself as God neither as the Holy Spirit. Neither did Christ ever refer to himself as God or the Holy Spirit or even the Creator, despite the fact that he was and is. Christ’s followers and disciples attributed or ascribed various titles to his deity, but only those (only a handful of people) alive then truly knew whom Christ was and they knew by divine revelation.

Likewise, we the true followers of Olumba, by divine grace and mercy realize and acknowledge the true personality of Olumba Olumba Obu. He has no law or commandments other than that which Christ gave us, love ye one another as he Christ loves us. Olumba teaches us about Christ from a much deeper level than can possibly be imagined. So based the spiritual mysteries he continues to unravel and explain, we know and believe that when he speaks about God or the Holy Spirit, that he indirectly speaks of himself.

Based on this information, we the followers of Olumba Olumba Obu are responsible, for whatever name ascribed to him, either good or bad. Interestingly, Olumba, regardless of what he is called either by brotherhood members or non-members, good or bad, does not bother him. His only interest is that you, I and everyone learn from his teachings of Love. His challenge to anyone is if they can practice his teachings of Love they will witness a remarkable change in their lives.

How each of us or anyone for that matter, chooses to indentify or acknowledge Olumba is based on individual revelation (dreams and visions) given to each of us, and enlightenment from the Holy Spirit.

Ordinarily I don’t go about telling people that Olumba is God or the Holy Spirit because it’s my personal revelation; neither should any brotherhood member do this, but some, if not many do. But if you out rightly ask me who I think he is I will tell you what I think and believe and the reasoning behind my understanding and belief.

4. Is it true that for over 50 years OOO never left the premises of the Brotherhood place of worship in Calabar?

This is true! Olumba has never left the shores of Nigeria to go anywhere. We have bethels all over Nigeria and not once has he set foot in any bethel outside two main locations in Calabar (and there are many other locations in Calabar he has never set foot inside of), much less abroad where brotherhood is firmly established.

5. Is it correct that OOO taught that since Jesus had only 3 years for his ministry on earth, it was not possible for many other things to be revealed and that he, OOO, embodies other revelations?

I wouldn’t quite phrase this way, but yes going by the Scriptures, Christ said, I have yet many things to teach you but you cannot understand or receive them now, but when the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. See John 16: 12 – 16 for the full reading. Preferably use the KJV (Kings James Version) or the NKJV (New Kings James Version). These are quite explicit.

Let’s put things into proper perspective. God came down to earth and beheld him as the son of God. His purpose for coming was to reunite man to God; this was why he gave his life as a sacrifice. Now that this part of his assignment has been completed, he informed us that he has to go away to enable the coming of the Comforter.

The purpose or assignment of the Comforter, who is also the Holy Spirit, is to bring us into the accurate knowledge of truth and lead us into the kingdom of God. From all indication, the Scriptures through Revelation, informs us that God himself will be with us and we will see him in person, and he will teach us all things. Christ used analogies to describe events that were to come. A point in case is the parable of the husbandmen. The servants were sent and killed, and then the son and finally the owner of the vineyard himself had to come. The owner of the vineyard is God himself!

Just like it was difficult for the Scribes and Pharisees to accept that Christ was the Son of God (even though we do know that he was actually God in the flesh), so also in this present time it’s also difficult for the world to accept that God will ever come in human form! The irony here is that we somehow accept that God previously came in the flesh as Christ! How weird is this!

Even if we all choose to ignore or overlook the fact that we acknowledge Olumba Olumba Obu as the promised Comforter in brotherhood, the fact remains that the Scriptures tells us that God will once again come in the flesh.

This was why Christ gave hints about the coming of the Holy Spirit; he will come like a thief in the night, the coming of the Lord will like in the days of Noah! The days of Noah being referred to, had to do with the fact that people were forewarned about a coming event. An event that should be prepared for and not take people unawares.

Like the coming of a thief in the night, people only become aware after the actual event! We are told by the Scriptures that we know in part, but when he that is perfect comes, we will know in full.

Again, all I am doing is sharing my understanding of something I believe in. I have no desire or intention of converting or wining anyone over. No one comes to God except God calls or extends an invitation to such a person.

6. Did OOO teach that salvation can be attained by obeying instructions from himself?

Olumba teaches that when we follow the teachings of the Holy Spirit, we are able to overcome the flesh and we gain eternal life. Overcoming the flesh is overcoming anger, annoyance, hate, envy, malice, jealousy, selfishness, fornication, adultery etc.

There’s only one law in brotherhood, love.

Every other thing comes under the umbrella of love. Love does not force or compel you to do anything. Love for example, presents the facts and reasons why smoking is not good for you, but love will not take cigarettes away from you, ostracise or alienate you, simply because you are yet to give up a vice.

Every vice is a weakness and to some greater or lesser degree, an addiction. Addictions or habits are not formed overnight; neither will a cure, in most cases be found overnight. God gives us time to heal.

7. I understand that members of the Brotherhood must be vegans/vegetarians; is this true? If yes, why?

Not all members are vegan or vegetarian. Those who have been blessed with the ability are. Those who have not been given the ability, yet still eat meat and all that they find pleasing to their stomachs.

I don’t eat meat or any animal flesh, yet my wife and kids do. What you eat or do not eat does not make you a better person or Christian.

As absurd as it may seem and at variance with popular consensus, the bible actually tells us that in the beginning God intended for both man and animals to be vegetarians/vegans. It wasn’t until Adam and Eve fell from grace that Man and animal knew chaos. They all now had to eat flesh. Similarly, God’s initial plan was not for man to toil before he eats or for women to suffer through child-birth.

Genesis 1:29-30 (New King James Version)

29 And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food. 30 Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food”; and it was so.

8. What about the consumption of alcohol and alcoholic beverages, is this allowed?

Just like all issues in brotherhood, we are taught about the things that grieve the Spirit. On a spiritual level, these are things that would hinder our direct link with the Holy Spirit, while on a physical level; alcohol has been proven to have adverse effects on the body.

On the whole everyone is quick to jump at any chance to quote the bible passage that says one should drink in moderation, but no one highlights the passage that tell you that in order to be holy you should abstain from any type of alcoholic drink!

Numbers 6:1-4 (New King James Version)

The Law of the Nazirite

1 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 2 “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘When either a man or woman consecrates an offering to take the vow of a Nazirite, to separate himself to the LORD, 3 he shall separate himself from wine and similar drink; he shall drink neither vinegar made from wine nor vinegar made from similar drink; neither shall he drink any grape juice, nor eat fresh grapes or raisins. 4 All the days of his separation he shall eat nothing that is produced by the grapevine, from seed to skin.

As you must have gathered, the ways of the Nairite is all about keeping yourself Holy for God’s use. In this new era of the Holy Sprit, we are been taught how to lives worthy of Children of God.

This is all part of the new or extended teachings of the Holy Spirit, but mind you, nothing is cast in stone! Everyone has the freewill to decide what they choose to do!

Hence, on the issue of alcohol and it being disallowed in brotherhood, there is no such law, command or order that prohibits its use!

Individuals have to decide for themselves what it is they want from life and their relationship with God. But we must always remember that to whom much is given, much is also expected of. Not everyone has been given the ability to refrain from the different vices to which we all prone, but we can always strive to do our best and be our best at all times.

Whatever your individual ability, as given by God, use it to glorify God by allowing yourself be a guiding light to others who are blind or less fortunate than yourself. This has nothing to do with possessions or wealth, but fruits of the spirit; love, patience, tolerance etc.

9. What about medicines? Are (some) common medicines restricted? If yes, why?
10. What about injections: intravenous and/or intramuscular? Are these restricted?

These two questions will be treated as one. As previously stated there are no laws in brotherhood that prevent s or forbids the use of medicines, going to hospitals, having blood transfusions or any type of injection.
Brotherhood members do use hospitals, doctors and medicine. If these were banned then brotherhood member would also not be allowed to take up or engage in such professions!
THE Scriptures teach that with faith we can move mountains. Olumba teaches us that if we have faith there is nothing beyond our reach. Hence if you have the kind of faith which believes that you will be healed by prayers, and your faith is strong enough, you will be healed.
For others their faith lies in the fact that God will make or allow medicine aid their cure. To them, this still is faith, but of a different category!

11. What roles have the members of OOO's family played within the brotherhood?

Brotherhood is not a family business that creates positions for the owners children. If you make yourself a vessel fit for God’s use then by all means you are a child of God. If you are a child of God, then you are a child of light. If you are a child of light, then God will make good use of you. Christ said only those who do the will of my Father are my brethren. God does not recognise mother, father, brother or sister or relatives! All that is important is for us to allow love guide our paths, so that God’s name will be praised.

12. Has OOO and/or the Brotherhood made any unfulfilled prophecies?

Olumba never makes or gives prophesies, he makes pronouncements and they have all come to pass. All prophesies given or approved by the Olumba have all been fulfilled. The only prophesy that matters in brotherhood are those given directly by those he approves.

1 Like

Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Nimshi: 4:32pm On Oct 08, 2008
Nimshi – Before I proceed to answer you questions, you must realize somewhat that this could be a futile exercise, why? Most people will not comprehend my responses; neither will they find it acceptable.  It's almost impossible to convince anyone of anything (let alone a Christian trying to convince a Muslim of each others' belief systems), all that can be done is to try to understand why someone has certain beliefs and not necessarily accept what they believe in.

wuciwug: well, perhaps not for me. I will have been genuinely enriched, if only with a more informed understanding of what a member of the brotherhood thinks. Perhaps your responses may not be mainstream, perhaps they'll be. But one thing about discussion is that it does widen out, and one may stumble on things yet unknown; it'll be about the journey, not the destination. For my part, I will be subjecting your responses to the same scrutiny one would a new idea. It is my hope that you will not be offended. I will, of course, show some respect, if not for anything else, but for your time, and the very fact that you're human, and, well, that we're all 'God's children'.

To make sense of brotherhood requires understanding the role of Christ in respect to the Scribes and Pharisees. Christ was considered a radical. He was not accepted by "established religion". Thousands of years later, we can now all openly claim Christ and pledge our allegiance to him. Now we can openly proclaim his name, which was not previously possible. Contrary to popular belief, any and every gospel or teaching from Olumba is always based on the teachings of Christ and the contents of the bible. The unique difference about what Olumba does is that he expands on all of Christ's teachings and the contents of the bible, taking spiritual understanding to a whole new level.

This, basically is what all branches of religions do: Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, etc. I recognise that for a religion to survive, this must happen. Thus, Christians say they're against slavery, (as reasonable Muslims must also say), yet, the scriptures had all the chance to outrightly condemn slavery; that never happened. Some of the Muslim brothers still subscribe to stoning to death and other rather exceedingly cruel punishments. . . no religion that fails to mve on may survive. So yes, religious explanations must try to keep up with the modern world; the "devil" is in the details.

In my opinion, you can draw lines of comparison between brotherhood now and the followers of Christ then. We go against the grain and are considered radical and unacceptable by orthodox Christianity. To the outsider, brotherhood is demonic, ungodly and anti-Christian, but to the true brotherhood member, we are true Christians following the teachings of Christ having being privileged to witness the manifestation of Christ's teachings and prophesy. True members of brotherhood are neither perfect nor saints, but we do try our best to live up to what we believe in. If you were not previously aware we were brotherhood members, you will easily find us acceptable. That is until you find out that we are brotherhood members. Any and all good done by a brotherhood member then becomes questionable and unacceptable! Why? Because when such a person or people find out that we are brotherhood, they find that they have to convince themselves that we are evil because accepting our good as good, means there is something good about brotherhood! And that in itself becomes unacceptable!

You've just described the irrational mind: to make judgments of actions/words based only on their source is quite irrational indeed. A truth is a truth, no matter what if it was pronounced by the devil; and, someone with a reputation for badness and warp-edness could make sound, valid observations too (God agreed with Satan in the heavenly court when Satan made a correct statement about Job, say); so there: beliefs alone cannot invalidate good acts and behaviour.

3.   Did Olumba Olumba Obu (henceforth OOO) pronounce himself God and/or one of the Trinity?

Olumba never speaks about himself as God neither as the Holy Spirit. Neither did Christ ever refer to himself as God or the Holy Spirit or even the Creator, despite the fact that he was and is. Christ's followers and disciples attributed or ascribed various titles to his deity, but only those (only a handful of people) alive then truly knew whom Christ was and they knew by divine revelation.

Likewise, we the true followers of Olumba, by divine grace and mercy realize and acknowledge the true personality of Olumba Olumba Obu.  He has no law or commandments other than that which Christ gave us, love ye one another as he Christ loves us. Olumba teaches us about Christ from a much deeper level than can possibly be imagined. So based the spiritual mysteries he continues to unravel and explain, we know and believe that when he speaks about God or the Holy Spirit, that he indirectly speaks of himself.

Ordinarily I don't go about telling people that Olumba is God or the Holy Spirit because it's my personal revelation; neither should any brotherhood member do this, but some, if not many do.  But if you out rightly ask me who I think he is I will tell you what I think and the reasoning behind my understanding and belief.

What does it mean to call OOO God?
*** What is the scriptural basis for calling him God?
*** What is the scriptural basis for calling OOO the holy spirit?
*** What was OOO's reaction to being called God by his true followers?

4.    Is it true that for over 50 years OOO never left the premises of the Brotherhood place of worship in Calabar?

This is true! Olumba has never left the shores of Nigeria to go anywhere. We have bethels all over Nigeria and not once has he set foot in any bethel outside two main locations in Calabar (and there are many other locations in Calabar he has never set foot inside of), much less abroad where brotherhood is firmly established.
**** Is OOO still alive?
**** If yes, how old is he? If no, when did he die, and where are his remains?

5.   Is it correct that OOO taught that since Jesus had only 3 years for his ministry on earth, it was not possible for many other things to be revealed and that he, OOO, embodies other revelations?

I wouldn't quite phrase this way, but yes going by the Scriptures, Christ said, I have yet many things to teach you but you cannot understand or receive them now, but when the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. See John 16: 12 – 16 for the full reading.  Preferably use the KJV (Kings James Version) or the NKJV (New Kings James Version). These are quite explicit. . .

*** From here, could one summarise that some Brotherhood members may believe that OOO is God the Father himself in the flesh?

*** Is OOO the Holy Spirit?

6.    Did OOO teach that salvation can be attained by obeying instructions from himself?

Olumba teaches that when we follow the teachings of the Holy Spirit, we are able to overcome the flesh and we gain eternal life. Overcoming the flesh is overcoming anger, annoyance, hate, envy, malice, jealousy, selfishness, fornication, adultery etc. There's only one law in brotherhood, love. Every other thing comes under the umbrella of love. Love does not force or compel you to do anything.  Love for example, presents the facts and reasons why smoking is not good for you, but love will not take cigarettes away from you, ostracise or alienate you, simply because you are yet to give up a vice. Every vice is a weakness and to some greater or lesser degree, an addiction. Addictions or habits are not formed overnight; neither will a cure, in most cases be found overnight. God gives us time to heal.

*** It appears my question is yet unanswered.
*** Has OOO ever taught that salvation can be attained by obeying instructions from him (along with the teachings of the Holy spirit)?

7.   I understand that members of the Brotherhood must be vegans/vegetarians; is this true? If yes, why?

Not all members are vegan or vegetarian. Those who have been blessed with the ability are. Those who have not been given the ability, yet still eat meat and all that they find pleasing to their stomachs. I don't eat meat or any animal flesh, yet my wife and kids do. What you eat or do not eat does not make you a better person or Christian. As absurd as it may seem and at variance with popular consensus, the bible actually tells us that in the beginning God intended for both man and animals to be vegetarians/vegans. It wasn't until Adam and Eve fell from grace that Man and animal knew chaos.  They all now had to eat flesh. Similarly, God's initial plan was not for man to toil before he eats or for women to suffer through child-birth.

***I agree that humans were initially vegans/vegetarian; but permission to eat meat was granted after Noah's flood.

*** It appears that being vegan/vegetarian is a "higher" level encouragement in the Brotherhood; what is the reason for this?

8.   What about the consumption of alcohol and alcoholic beverages, is this allowed?

Just like all issues in brotherhood, we are taught about the things that grieve the Spirit.  On a spiritual level, these are things that would hinder our direct link with the Holy Spirit, while on a physical level; alcohol has been proven to have adverse effects on the body. On the whole everyone is quick to jump at any chance to quote the bible passage that says one should drink in moderation, but no one highlights the passage that tell you that in order to be holy you should abstain from any type of alcoholic drink!
. . .

*** All these seem clear. But, there's a detail: is there a limit to the quantity of alcohol? I ask because alcohol is present in several foods.

11.   What roles have the members of OOO's family played within the brotherhood?

Brotherhood is not a family business that creates positions for the owners children.  If you make yourself a vessel fit for God's use then by all means you are a child of God. If you are a child of God, then you are a child of light. If you are a child of light, then God will make good use of you. Christ said only those who do the will of my Father are my brethren. God does not recognise mother, father, brother or sister or relatives! All that is important is for us to allow love guide our paths, so that God's name will be praised.

*** All this is clear. Yet, my question remains, er, unanswered. I will – going forward – assume that any member of OOO's family who're involved in the Brotherhood have met the high requirements you mentioned about. But, could you tell what roles the members of his family have played, and what/who these family members are?

12.  Has OOO and/or the Brotherhood made any unfulfilled prophecies?

Olumba never makes or gives prophesies, he makes pronouncements and they have all come to pass. All prophesies given or approved by the Olumba have all been fulfilled. The only prophesy that matters in brotherhood are those given directly by those he approves.

*** Could you give examples of the major prophecies that OOO have pronounced that have come to pass?

*** Could you give examples of prophecies given by those approved by OOO that have come to pass?

*** Could you give examples of such prophecies that have had national and world impact?

*** Could you give examples of prophecies by OOO or those approved by OOO that should be fulfilled in the near and not-so-near future?

Additional questions:

13) Is there a body of documented teachings by OOO and/or the Brotherhood?

14) What do true Brotherhood members think of other Christians?

15) Do true Brotherhood members use charms, amulets, and other such items?

16) Do Brotherhood members pray? If yes, in what format?

1 Like

Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:02pm On Oct 08, 2008
Me I have learnt loads too oh , the only thing I knew was that they used to do weird things so whenever I saw them doing some sort of fellowship I was always on the look out for funny stuff.

Please to add to nimshi's questions about alcohol why is that of alcohol encouraged and the instructions to stone people who do not obey certain commandments fail to be enforced?
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 10:50pm On Oct 12, 2008
All - My sincere apologies for the delay in responding to Nimshi's questions.

Work and family commitments have not permitted me to respond as quickly as I would have liked to.

I will endeavour to respond before Wednesday, by God's grace.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 10:54pm On Oct 12, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Me I have learnt loads too oh , the only thing I knew was that they used to do weird things so whenever I saw them doing some sort of fellowship I was always on the look out for funny stuff.

Please to add to nimshi's questions about alcohol why is that of alcohol encouraged and the instructions to stone people who do not obey certain commandments fail to be enforced?

I think you have misunderstood Nimshi's post. Stoning has to do with Islam, while alcohol drinking is an individual choice.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 13, 2008
@ all,
It doent matter what kind of faith you belong, what matter most is your relationship with the ALMIGTHY.
It's only that way a genuine salvation is guarantee.

Where wont you find swindlers, they are everywhere in all faiths, even among the ones chosen by our lord Jesus Kristo
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Andyjoy(f): 12:01pm On Oct 13, 2008
Please my question:

Who is Olumba Olumba Obu.

Is he human or a spirit?

Explain ur answer please
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 13, 2008
@ andyjoy,
olumba olumba is a human spirit clothed with this physical earthly body like you and I, he's not in any way superior in terms of whence he came from to either you or me, ok?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbogbo Demolition: Angry Worshippers Hold Service In Demolished Church / T.B Joshua Gives N4.4m To Libya Deportees This Week / Apostle Suleman Celebrates Nigeria's 57th Independence With Green & White Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.