Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo (36213 Views)

Olumba's Supreme Temple Calabar: God's Third And Last Temple Will Be In Calabar / 144 Virgins To Organise Birthday Party For Olumba Olumba Obu In Calabar / Debate! Debate!! Debate!!! Who Is Olumba Olumba Obu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by mazaje(m): 10:10am On Oct 14, 2008
olumba olumba? is the guy a calabar man?
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Nobody: 2:30am On Oct 15, 2008
He lives in a somehow secluded place in cross-river state
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 11:43pm On Oct 15, 2008
All - I reckon that if I wait until I have sufficient time to respond to Nimshi's questions, It will take a long time before I respond.

So I've decided to take it one step at a time, owing to time constraints.

The questions to you might seem simple and straightforward, but the required answers are not.

So here goes,
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 11:52pm On Oct 15, 2008
As we embark upon this journey of enquiry, certain things need to be made clear. We need to know or have an idea of our destination. To do this requires that we know where we are starting from. Everyone is curious about God for different reasons, but many do not realise that we need to look at God in the past, to enable us learn about God in the present. In Malachi 3: 6, God says, “I am the Lord, I change not, ” that is to say God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

In so many ways God is an enigma, likewise the bible which is an authority on God, is the most enigmatic book ever written. Unknown to many people, the bible contains secrets and mysteries that are yet to be revealed to the world. Some of these secrets and mysteries have already been revealed to a chosen few.

Consider the various Christian denominations in existence; their very existence confirms that so much confusion surrounds the knowledge and understanding of God’s existence. Now go a step further to the existence of various religions and then it becomes much more apparent that so much confusion abounds about this being called God.

One thing is quite certain beyond all doubt, without the guidance of the Holy Spirit no one can truly claim to have any understanding about God. If you are not spiritually inclined, going by the contents of the bible, all that you will find are reasons to denounce the existence of God. Take a brief walk through the Nairaland religious section threads and you will find reasons why it’s almost pointless having an enlightened informed discussion with anyone about God! People’s beliefs and understanding vary, if not conflict!

To cite an example; Is Satan Really As Bad As The Christian Smear Campaign Makes Him Out To Be? Reading through threads like these, it becomes quite apparent and essential, like Christ pointed out, that we need to be spiritually inclined if we are to know God.

To those who still wonder about the existence of God, anything and everything you cannot see, but yet exists, can be considered a spiritual thing. The thoughts you think are spiritual in nature and come into being when we act upon them. Look around you! The chair you sit on, the computer you are reading from all used to be a thought until they were given a physical existence by us creating them.

This act of creating something out of “nothing” the nothing being our thoughts is a trait we share with God. If you can comprehend the nature or existence of thoughts, then you can comprehend the existence of God.

One crucial point to note is that Christ did not intend to establish any religion. His goal was to reunite man to God. Hence, he came to teach us a way of life and not how to be religious.

In knowing God, who can decipher the reasoning behind his actions? Who knows why he does what he does? Does God need man’s approval for his actions? Does God need to consult man before taking any action?

God’s wisdom is foolishness to man, so how can the created know better than the Creator? How can the finite comprehend the infinite?

God tells us through Isaiah that our thoughts are not his thoughts. Likewise his ways are not our ways, because his thoughts are higher than our thoughts, and his ways are higher than our ways (Isaiah 55: 7 – 9).

Bearing the above in mind, how do we then proceed by using our limited knowledge and understanding to comprehend something that is infinite?
Consider this; God sent Moses to Pharaoh to let his people go, but this same God also hardened Pharaoh’s heart to resist the will of God. And since God hardened Pharaoh’s heart, can he be blamed for his actions?

This same God revealed to Joseph that he would be elevated high above his parents and siblings. The manner in which God fulfilled this pronouncement on Joseph was by making his siblings hate him to the point of that they were willing to murder him but this same God made them consider the fact that they stood to gain more if he was sold into slavery. Through slavery, Joseph became the Governor of Egypt.

God made sure only Joseph could interpret the dreams of Pharaoh, which he, God had given to the Pharaoh, but he made sure Pharaoh was tormented enough to seek the interpretation of the dream. Now, would you or can you blame Joseph’s siblings for their actions?

Now consider the story of Jacob and Esau, before their birth God had already determined that the older will serve the younger. Esau first sold his birthright. Then the time came for Esau to be blessed, but their mother helped Jacob “steal” Esau’s blessing.

Now consider this: What wrong did Esau do in selling his birthright for food? What wrong did their mother do in helping Jacob “steal” Esau’s blessings?
If you consider these stories, you will ultimately realise that God does not give us anything on a platter of gold. Whatever he promises us, we have to earn. Similarly, if there is a lesson to be learnt, he allows us to acquire the understanding, knowledge and wisdom practically.

For example, if you pray for patience, God will not give you patience. Rather, he gives you opportunities to learn how to be patience. And those opportunities will not necessarily be nice ones!

This is the God we worship.

What does it mean to call OOO God?
*** What is the scriptural basis for calling him God?
*** What is the scriptural basis for calling OOO the Holy Spirit?
*** What was OOO's reaction to being called God by his true followers?

What does it mean to call OOO God?

Before the crucifixion of Christ, he asked his disciples a probing question, he asked, who do the people say I am? They replied, some say John the Baptist, some Jeremiah, Elijah, and some say prophet.

He then asked, who do you say I am? Simon Peter answered and said, you are the Christ, Son of the living God.
Christ responded by saying flesh and blood could not have revealed this to you but my Father in heaven. He then commanded his disciples not to tell anyone what had been revealed to them (Mat 16: 13 – 20)

On a similar note, Paul equally points out that only a man knows the secrets men. Likewise only God knows his secrets. (1 Corinthians 2: 11)
As can be seen from the above, God does not reveal himself to the masses! He selects those to whom he reveals his secrets to.

Now, you ask me, what it means to call Olumba God. But my answers will mean nothing to you since the understanding I have was revealed personally to me and to those who know what they know. Just like the personal revelation to Christ’s disciples.

Calling Olumba God means the exact same thing it means to anyone and everyone that believes in God. Especially since I believe that we all worship the same God but we identify him differently. One simple but crucial fact I believe most Christians seem to ignore or are ignorant of, is that there is only one God in existence, regardless of the name God is called or the religion!

Let it be known that we all worship a living God and we live in a spiritual world, as much as we exist in a physical world. Any being without the authority to command all spirits, and such a being is called God, will surely fall!

If Olumba Olumba Obu is not who we believe him to be in brotherhood, then he will surely fall and fail! No one can take up the name or role of God without being God! It is a sure recipe for the disaster and the quick demise of any such fool, foolish enough to be called God when he isn’t.

Consider this simple example given in the bible:

Acts 19: 15 – 16 (KJV)

15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

As you can see, evil spirits do not respond to the command, recognise or fear those without the light in them. In this particular instance, these were Jews whom had no spirit of God in them, neither had they been anointed or appointed by God to have power over evil or every ungodly spirit.
I make bold to say that if Olumba Olumba Obu is false, in any sense of the word, then a faith worse than that of the Jews would have befallen him by now!

Regardless of whatever name you choose to call God or identify him as, regardless of the language or path you choose, God remains one and the same.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 12:41am On Oct 16, 2008

I will treat these two questions as one and the same.

Let’s rephrase your second question: What is the scriptural basis for calling Christ God? My response; whatever scriptural extract that can be produced to support our Lord Jesus Christ as the being been prophesied about before his actual coming, can equally be disputed, by those lacking spiritual understanding! After all the orthodox Jews maintain that Christ is yet to come, talk less of being the son of God!

The following bible passages confirm/answers questions about the basis of referring to Olumba as God or the Holy Spirit. But then again, isn’t this a futile exercise?

What these texts point to is the fact that someone is to come, not a spirit, but a person! You don’t have to accept that Olumba is the one been referred to, but that at least someone will come.

If someone is to come, he has to be born, if he has to be born, he needs to come through the womb of a woman. This means whoever this being is will go through the pains of childhood into adulthood! Remember this being is supposed to teach, guide and lead us, which means that he will live amongst us.

Consider Daniel 2: 1 – end, but more specifically verse 44:

And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Now, considering the fact that God is supposed to set up his kingdom on earth and not leave anyone else in charge of it, who else but God will govern his kingdom?

For this same reason Christ gave the parable of the wicked husbandmen. The Lord of the vineyard being spoken about is God. He sent his prophets and then his Son. Finally he himself had to come to put things straight.

Another key text that helps clarify things is Acts 1: 10 – 11. The angel asks the disciples, why do you stand gazing into the sky? That is to say the answers you seek do not lie in staring at the skies. The same way you see him go is the same way he will return, which many think means he will descend from the sky, but the actual meaning is that as he ascended in human form, he will also return in human form!

How do we verify that Christ ascended in the flesh? After his resurrection, it was no longer possible for those who previously knew him to identify him. One of two things had happened if not both, after the resurrection he was now operating from a higher spiritual plane which required ones eyes to be opened spiritually so as to identify him and Christ took on a new appearance and not the appearance his disciples were used too. This was why Thomas asked to be shown the crucifixion marks. He also did touch the wounds, only then did they truly recognise Christ.

The point here is that they saw and physically touched Christ, confirming that he ascended in physical form.

John 14:16 (KJV)

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 (KJV)

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 (KJV)

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7 (KJV)

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Luke 17:20-26 (KJV)

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.
23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.
24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.
25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.
26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

Acts 1:10-11 (KJV)

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Revelation 2:17 (KJV)

17He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 12:5 (KJV)

5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Revelation 19:11-15 (KJV)

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Revelation 21:1-5 (KJV)

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

As explained previously in my last post, Olumba does not have any reaction to being called any name whatsoever. Whatever name you choose to call him, either God, demon, devil or prophet, means nothing to him. He remains impervious to whatever name you call him. Remember, Christ had no cause or compulsion to respond to the various names he was given.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Nimshi: 9:12pm On Oct 17, 2008
wuciwug:

I will treat these two questions as one and the same.

Let’s rephrase your second question: What is the scriptural basis for calling Christ God? My response; whatever scriptural extract that can be produced to support our Lord Jesus Christ as the being been prophesied about before his actual coming, can equally be disputed, by those lacking spiritual understanding! After all the orthodox Jews maintain that Christ is yet to come, talk less of being the son of God!

I think I understand your point; but, the fact that answer could/would be disputed does not preclude giving an answer at all.

The following bible passages confirm/answers questions about the basis of referring to Olumba as God or the Holy Spirit. But then again, isn’t this a futile exercise?

The exercise need not be futile. If the explanations are clear, one may "understand" them, even if one disagrees with them. Understanding, here, is much more useful than agreement.

What these texts point to is the fact that someone is to come, not a spirit, but a person! You don’t have to accept that Olumba is the one been referred to, but that at least someone will come.

Agreed. But conventional Christianity knows the identity of he who is to come;

If someone is to come, he has to be born, if he has to be born, he needs to come through the womb of a woman. This means whoever this being is will go through the pains of childhood into adulthood! Remember this being is supposed to teach, guide and lead us, which means that he will live amongst us.

Interesting. Do you exlcude that the person to come would be born of the fusion of the sperm of the male and a female? (I ask this question specificall because of the ambiguity in "he needs to come through the womb of a woman".

Consider Daniel 2: 1 – end, but more specifically verse 44:
And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

I'm curious as the the application of this scripture to Olumba (I have now adopted "Olumba" for "OOO" since it appears that is fine to you). Which kings are the "these kings" in this verse of scripture? And, how does the new kingdom "break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms"? How is this fulfilled?

Now, considering the fact that God is supposed to set up his kingdom on earth and not leave anyone else in charge of it, who else but God will govern his kingdom? For this same reason Christ gave the parable of the wicked husbandmen. The Lord of the vineyard being spoken about is God. He sent his prophets and then his Son. Finally he himself had to come to put things straight.

How does this parable apply to Olumba? A clear explanation will be helpful.

Another key text that helps clarify things is Acts 1: 10 – 11. The angel asks the disciples, why do you stand gazing into the sky? That is to say the answers you seek do not lie in staring at the skies. The same way you see him go is the same way he will return, which many think means he will descend from the sky, but the actual meaning is that as he ascended in human form, he will also return in human form!

How do we verify that Christ ascended in the flesh? After his resurrection, it was no longer possible for those who previously knew him to identify him. One of two things had happened if not both, after the resurrection he was now operating from a higher spiritual plane which required ones eyes to be opened spiritually so as to identify him and Christ took on a new appearance and not the appearance his disciples were used too. This was why Thomas asked to be shown the crucifixion marks. He also did touch the wounds, only then did they truly recognise Christ.

The interpretation of the story appears contradictory to me. If If Jesus ascended to heaven in the flesh (and in the same mantle of flesh he had before his death and resurrection) why weren't people able to recognise him, including the beloved Mary Nagdalene? I'll exlude the obvious question of how regular human flesh will have survived in extreme conditions. As for Thomas, why did he have to see the marks? What happened to looking at the face to identify the person?

The point here is that they saw and physically touched Christ, confirming that he ascended in physical form.

I don't think it's this straighforward: Jesus may have shown a physical form necessary for him to be identified to the disciples, and then took another different form that's still somewhat recognizable to ascend into the skies. In any case, it remains a curious question that people who knew him couldn't recognise him after his resurrection. This is certainly unique among the resurrections recorded in the bible. Lazarus, say, was fully recognizable.

John 14:16 (KJV)

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 (KJV)

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Do you mean that Olumba is this Comforter?

John 15:26 (KJV)[/b]But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
[b]
John 16:7 (KJV)

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Luke 17:20-26 (KJV)

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.
23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.
24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.
25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.
26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

Acts 1:10-11 (KJV)

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Revelation 2:17 (KJV)

17He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 12:5 (KJV)

5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Revelation 19:11-15 (KJV)

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Revelation 21:1-5 (KJV)

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

I'm trying to avoid any misunderstanding on my part; do you conclude that Olumba is the manifestation of the one being referred to in these scriptures?

As explained previously in my last post, Olumba does not have any reaction to being called any name whatsoever. Whatever name you choose to call him, either God, demon, devil or prophet, means nothing to him. He remains impervious to whatever name you call him. Remember, Christ had no cause or compulsion to respond to the various names he was given.

I am yet unclear about this answer. I can understand someone being called the devil; heck, I have been called the devil; yet, I'm completely harmless; I may not even respond to anyone calling me the devil; but being called God would elicit some response. As for Jesus the Christ, he made clear, unambiguous comments to clarify that he is not the Father; he refused being called "good", saying only God was good. Herod was punished in quite a disgusting way for accepting praise due to God.

When called God, does Olumba's silence indicate consent? I am interested in knowing the reaction to being called God; the other names are not quite relevant to my enquiry.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Nimshi: 9:59pm On Oct 17, 2008
Now, you ask me, what it means to call Olumba God. But my answers will mean nothing to you since the understanding I have was revealed personally to me and to those who know what they know. Just like the personal revelation to Christ’s disciples.

That's not correct. That your understanding was revealed personally to you does not mean anyone else couldn't understand it were you to explain clearly. These things are so far out that I'm only seeking clarity. And, since you referred to Jesus the Christ, when Peter gave the correct answer, Jesus confirmed, and no doubt, some of the apostles understood too. And, others, not just the apostles, came to recognose Jesus as the son of the living God.

Calling Olumba God means the exact same thing it means to anyone and everyone that believes in God. Especially since I believe that we all worship the same God but we identify him differently.

Is it them correct - from the first sentence - that you believe that Olumba is God the Father himself manifested in the flesh?

Does it then follow from the second sentence that you believe that Olumba is the God all Christians call on to?

One simple but crucial fact I believe most Christians seem to ignore or are ignorant of, is that there is only one God in existence, regardless of the name God is called or the religion!

And your belief is that Olumba is this God?
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 11:49am On Oct 29, 2008
Hi Niaralanders/Nimshi

once again, I would like to apologise for the delay in responding to posts. I have been having serious computer problems in addition to work constraints.

Please bear with me, as I will respond to posts as time permits.

Nimshi considering the nature of your questions, I cannot respond as fast as you are able to come up with them, so please bear with me.

Thanks for even bothering to ask, and not assume what you have heard is truth. If anything, I will either confirm these rumours or lay them to rest.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Maykelly(f): 12:19pm On Oct 30, 2008
ooo is not a church, it is a secret cult. ooo is not God neither nor Jesus, ooo is simply a goddess in calabar. Woe to his followers! how blind they are! they have eyes but cannot see, ears cannot hear, noise cannot breath, head without understanding and wisdom.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 6:03am On Nov 04, 2008
Once again, before I continue with answering the questions asked, I must point out that unless the Holy Spirit gives enlightenment, no one can fully comprehend neither appreciate the ways of God.

Matthew 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

1 Corinthians 1:25:

Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

The bottom line is this, the promised Comforter is meant to expound upon the mysteries of the bible, just like Christ came to “fulfill” the law. Fulfilling the law, from Christ’s point of view, meant moving the consciousness and understanding of the people from the outdated ways of understanding and worshipping God. This also gives us some insights into the long awaited government of the Comforter. Bearing this in mind, why would you expect him to regurgitate the teachings of Christ?
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 6:32am On Nov 04, 2008
**** Is OOO still alive?
**** If yes, how old is he? If no, when did he die, and where are his remains?

I will start off by answering your questions, before proceeding to explain my understanding of these questions.

Olumba is alive and he is 90 years old. But to reverse your question, is Christ alive or dead? If alive, how old is he? If Christ is not dead, have you seen him? If you happened to run into Christ on the streets today, how would identify/recognise him? If he has not been seen, and yet he is alive, does this make him dead?

I will assume that the questions you ask about Olumba being dead or alive were brought about by rumours of Olumba’s demise. These rumours have existed for many years. Therefore, based on these rumours, it is assumed that if Olumba is alive, he can’t live forever, and then he will die at some point.  Now once he is dead, then this supposedly, confirms that he is not God as claimed!
These rumours and line of questioning, draws attention to the need to understand the true nature of man, who or what God is, and the mystery of death.

What is God’s true nature?  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth (John 4: 24).  Can any man (flesh) see God in his spirit form?  No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him (John 1:18). Bottom line, flesh cannot reveal the spirit, but the Spirit can reveal itself to the flesh.

What we have established above is that when God is in spirit form, the only way he can be seen is if we are also in spirit form.  So how does this fit in with other parts of the bible which tells us that we will see him in person? For this answer, we will turn to Genesis 1: 26 – 27. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

What we learn here is how God created a home to house the spirit while it journeys here on earth. Or rather, how God created “clothing” for the spirit. By so doing, God made it possible for spirits to take physical abode here on earth. We are also told in Genesis about how God walked in the cool of the day, and could be seen.  Which begs the question, why could he been seen?  The answer, “Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews” (Job 10:11).  The “me” being referred to, is the spirit, clothed with flesh.

When God is on earth he takes human form.  How else could he be able to walk and be seen?  This is why God proclaims,” …The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? And where is the place of my rest? Isaiah 66: 1.

The heaven is God’s throne because on earth he is a man.  The heaven represents or is symbolic of the mind of man where thoughts emanate from, which is the seat or throne of consciousness.  The earth is his footstool, because he walks or moves about with his feet, which rests upon the earth, thereby making it his footstool.

God is a spirit and being created in his image makes us spirits and his likeness in us is our human form. If all that man truly had is a physical existence, it would confirm the bible passage that says, For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten (Ecclesiastes 9:5).

But, what is not immediately evident to most of us that read the bible, as evident from this current extract from Ecclesiates, is that everything from Genesis to Revelations has a chronological order or sequence of events or occurrences meant to reflect the understanding of that period or point in time.  These sequences of events are synonymous with our spiritual growth and understanding, similar to stages which psychologists identify as stages of development.  These stages range from infancy into adulthood.

According to psychologists, each stage between infancy to adulthood takes into account our physiological and psychological development. What these stages do not take into account is our spiritual development, which from God’s point of view, is predestined and interwoven with our physiological and psychological growth.

See the story of Esau and Jacob (Genesis 25:23, Romans 9: 10 - 16), the story of Elijah, predestined to prepare the way for God’s coming (Mlachi 4: 5 – 6).  In Romans 8: 28 – 30, we are made aware that God knew us before conception and that he has predestined those of us he has chosen, to have Christ-like qualities.

Starting off with the story of creation, Adam and Eve, represent man at infancy.  At infancy, we are surrounded by immense knowledge, information, understanding and wisdom, yet despite all at our disposal, we remain helpless in the midst of power.

To all intents and purposes, Adam and Eve were new born babies with the intellect and understanding reflecting infancy.  Putting things into proper perspective, Adam and Eve could not have done anything other than what all babies do, which is to do exactly what they are told not to do! They lacked the wisdom or ability to discern right from wrong, or good from evil. Life was an experiment for them. They were and we all are at infancy, discoverers and seekers eager to experience our immediate surroundings. And like all parents with their babies, all Adam and Eve had, was God to direct and guide them.
When we were all born into this world, we were oblivious to the perils that surround us. We had no understanding either of good and evil and there was no way any of our parents could communicate their wisdom, knowledge or understanding to us. We all learnt, to a greater extent, by experiencing, giving rise to the popular saying, experience is the best teacher.

Hence, just like our earthly parents cannot hand down their wisdom and understanding to us, so also could God not hand down his knowledge, wisdom or understanding to us his creation and children. Parents all know that no matter how much we as parents try to protect and guide our babies, we cannot prevent them from seeking knowledge and understanding. We cannot stop them from experiencing the yearning or thirst for knowledge.

It should be clear to us by now that wisdom cannot be handed down like an inheritance from father to son. It is earned! So, yes, God did create us in his image and likeness which makes us gods (with a small ‘g’), since he our father is God, but it was not and is not possible for God to just hand us similar powers to his! If God had done that with Adam and Eve, mankind would have ceased to exist a long time ago. Why, you might ask? Because such an act would be tantamount to handing a baby a loaded gun to play with!  It’s either the baby hurts itself or someone else, period!

Synonymous with man’s birth since creation, is human evolution. Man has evolved from one age (ie, Stone age) to the next, each time advancing, growing and evolving.  This is all possible with the help of reincarnation.

Reincarnation to God is the stages of growth or development from infancy to adulthood to us, man.  Hence, if you can understand our process physiological and psychological growth, you can then begin to understand how God has used the process of reincarnation to ensure human evolution, progress and growth. We are continually moving forward in time with our spiritual understanding and growth.
At infancy, a child can see its parents unclothedness and be privy to their most private and secret moments. As time goes on, we move from infancy to being toddlers, to preschool etc. The point being that for every stage of our development, our ability to absorb, withhold, digest and make sense of knowledge, information and understanding was limited.

I reckon there no better time than now to correct the impression/belief/understanding most Christians have about the bible.  The bible is not and has never been handed down a complete book. It’s a collection of “works” inspired /revealed by God, doctored by those who translated from the original scripts! Their futile attempt on one level was ungodly, while on another level, their ignorance of spiritual things and having no clue of the reasoning behind God’s actions, which to them seems to lack moral fibre, gave them the courage to edit the translation of the ancient manuscripts.

A situation that only people with a foreign language can truly appreciate is the inability to translate exactly, the true meaning of a message conveyed in a foreign language! Something vital about the information is always lost! When this is not a problem, knowing the exact thoughts behind a word, the feelings and intent being conveyed is not exactly easy.  This is almost like the Chinese whispers phenomenon: it shows how easily information being passed from person to the next can become distorted.

God did inspire and reveal the contents of the bible, but so much crucial information is absent/missing or deliberately being excluded. Read the preface of most bibles, but essentially, get a copy of THE LOST BOOKS OF THE BIBLE AND THE FORGOTTEN BOOKS OF EDEN – (1926) Publisher – Meridan. Here, you will find information crucial to our understanding of God and why various councils saw it fit not to have them included in the bible.  There are/were a group of people whose “job” is to decide what goes in or stays out of the bible! Did God give them this “authority”?

Returning to the nature of God and therefore the nature of man, since God is a spirit, and we are also spirits, we cannot die.  Contrary to the belief of some Christians, reincarnation as a phenomenal was widely accepted and acknowledged as evident in the bible.  Take for example the words of God, when he says, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living (Matthew 22:32).

Again Christ confirms this, But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God (Luke 9:27). If you consider the above statements, it’s either Christ deliberately lied, was deluded or was talking from his understanding of the process of reincarnation.  Christ used the simply analogy of planting corn to explain the process of reincarnation. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Simply put, when the flesh dies, the sprit which inhabited the body multiplies. Similar to planting a small piece of yam which after decomposes goes on to become 6 or 7 ears of yam.
Having established that God is a spirit that takes on human form to exist on earth, what role does death play in the grand scheme of things? Death is an essential part of our spiritual growth and advancement, which involves the process of reincarnation.  With reincarnation God’s will on us and for us is fulfilled. Reincarnation and the laws of karma were considered part and parcel of everyday existence and was accepted as norm.  It did not require teaching.

Below are some excerpts from the bible on karma and reincarnation:

Psa 9:16 The LORD is known by the judgment which he executeth: the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah. (Karma)

Prov 6:27 Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned? (Karma 27-28)

Prov 24:12 If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works? (Karma)

Jer 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. (Reincarnation)

Jer 25:14 For many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of them also: and I will recompense them according to their deeds, and according to the works of their own hands. (Karma)

Mal 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: (Reincarnation - John the Baptist was Elijah.)

Mat 11:14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come. (Reincarnation when Elias returned as John the Baptist.)

Mat 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. (Karma)

Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. (Reincarnation)

Mat 17:11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. Mat 17:12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. Mat 17:13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist. (Reincarnation)

John 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. (Without knowing what someone's karma is, how can one judge another?)

John 9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? (This is an open reference to the Law of Rebirth - Reincarnation - "This man" could only have caused his sin if karma were in effect.)

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. (Reincarnation - The law of rebirth may come to an end to those who overcome this earth - become a Master of the planet.)

In case anyone was wondering why John the Baptist was beheaded, it wasn’t because someone asked for his head, but to fulfil the laws of karma, about those who live by the sword, dying by the sword, or what you sow is what you reap.  As Elijah the prophet, he had the prophets of Baal killed, after proving to the people that his God was Lord.  (See Kings 18: 40)

Why did the Jews suffer at the hands of Hitler? When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it. Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.

How can you account for the suffering of the Jews without taking into account the curse they placed on themselves? Without reincarnation and karma in existence anyone can get away with anything.
No one can escape the law of karma! If you don’t pay now, you’ll pay later!

Consider your stance on reincarnation; if you choose to refute reincarnation you make a liar out of God! Christ himself said, Verily I say unto you, “There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom”(Mat 16:28). Are these people still alive, as they were when Christ made this statement? Whose kingdom and how will they see it, unless they are alive to witness it? The only logical answer is that through the process of reincarnation, these same people are alive today!

Dead or alive (in human form), God is a being that cannot be known in the flesh.  What constitutes God is not how we perceive him physically, but how we know him spiritually. And no one can know him spiritually, if he, God does not first reveal himself to you. Our physical form, existence and sinful nature are a limitation and a hindrance to us truly knowing God in the flesh.

Matthew 13: 11 – 12 (KJV)

He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.  12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

1 Corinthians 2:14 (KJV)

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Corinthians 13:9-10 (KJV)

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

The one that is to come that is perfect is God himself! Hence, since his purpose is to bring us into the accurate knowledge of truth, whatever truth he has to impart to us will be such like we have never heard before.

The problems anyone might have with the teachings of the Holy Spirit here in brotherhood is simply that they cannot comprehend it because “(According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hearwink unto this day” (Romans 11: 8 )

Remember, with every change in government comes a change in law. The prophets came and each had their own law and way of doing things. Christ came and there was an uprising against him simply because his teachings did not conform to the teachings of the prophets, rather his teachings went beyond the prophets to be considered radical and unacceptable.  Worthy of note is that Christ’s understanding was much deeper than they could comprehend.  Now, during this advent of the Holy Spirit, why would you expect his teachings to be a repetition of Christ’s teachings?
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law (Hebrews 7:11). The priesthood in this instance is that of the Holy Spirit, who has come to lead us into the kingdom of God.

God is a being that we all claim to believe is Omnipresent (present everywhere), Omnipotent (all powerful) and Omniscient (all knowing).  Yet our actions betray this belief.  God cannot be known in the flesh, only in the spirit. We fight for God like his an invalid. We speak on his behalf like he is dumb!
Do not think that because our understanding is limited, God is also limited by being in human form. God in human form is not a mere mortal like you and I.
The concept of death is something that has continued to baffle many.  Different religions have different ways of explaining death, but there is an element of truth in the differing views about God, death, after life, reincarnation, re-birth or seeing the whole concept as a continuous cycle.

[b]*** From here, could one summarise that some Brotherhood members may believe that OOO is God the Father himself in the flesh?
Once again, as previously answered, my answer is yes, and like I also said previously you will only know and accept this if it has been revealed to you, personally.

Matthew 16: 17[/b]

17Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.

*** Is OOO the Holy Spirit?
The Comforter promised by Christ, is the Holy Spirit and since we believe Olumba to be the Comforter, so yes he is the Holy Spirit.

*** Is OOO the Holy Spirit?

The Comforter promised by Christ, is the Holy Spirit and since we believe Olumba to be the Comforter, so yes he is the Holy Spirit.

*** It appears my question is yet unanswered.
*** Has OOO ever taught that salvation can be attained by obeying instructions from him (along with the teachings of the Holy Spirit)?

No!

***I agree that humans were initially vegans/vegetarian; but permission to eat meat was granted after Noah's flood.

When we were babies we took milk, but now that we have become adults our diet changes. As we grow physically our metabolism slows down and we are advised to eat more healthily.  Similarly, as we grow spiritually, we also start to realise that certain foods are not good for us, but their is no law preventing you from eating what you like or choose to.

*** It appears that being vegan/vegetarian is a "higher" level encouragement in the Brotherhood; what is the reason for this?

Brotherhood members are not encouraged to become vegetarians or vegans. We are taught that Brotherhood is the sum total of all God’s creation.  Man, animals, sun, moon, stars and all things animate and inanimate.

All of God’s creations are meant to co-exist in harmony.  Part of Co-existing in harmony means not killing animals for food, since God exists in all creation.
Besides living in harmony with all God’s creation, abstinence from various things like alcohol, and not eating meat helps ones spiritual awareness, which is explained in my previous post.

*** All these seem clear. But, there's a detail: is there a limit to the quantity of alcohol? I ask because alcohol is present in several foods.

Yes, it’s a known fact that there are trace alcohol present in several foods, its quantity does not matter.  We are not fanatic about anything in brotherhood. If such foods and drinks can be avoided, then they will be but we don’t go about checking alcohol levels is foods we eat. This highlights the reason why it’s important to bless food before eating.

*** All this is clear. Yet, my question remains, er, unanswered. I will – going forward – assume that any member of OOO's family who're involved in the Brotherhood have met the high requirements you mentioned about. But, could you tell what roles the members of his family have played, and what/who these family members are?

The only important role in the grand scheme of things is held by Sister Helen Obu. She is the Secretary General and the Head of Administration and Sole signatory to all brotherhood documents.

The other role is held by Brother Roland Obu.  His role is unlawful, un-brotherhood and self made.  He fancies himself to be Olumba’s replacement and has since crowned himself King of kings!!!
For this reason he has created his own fraction in brotherhood which he leads.  Everything they do is contrary to the teachings of Olumba Olumba Obu and the tenets of Brotherhood of the Cross & Star.

*** Could you give examples of the major prophecies that OOO have pronounced that have come to pass?
*** Could you give examples of prophecies given by those approved by OOO that have come to pass?

*** Could you give examples of such prophecies that have had national and world impact?

*** Could you give examples of prophecies by OOO or those approved by OOO that should be fulfilled in the near and not-so-near future?

I intend to answer the above questions collectively.

These are the few I can recall for the moment, but I will add more as we go along;
Immediately after the last coup by Abacha, Olumba pronounced their will be no more coups in Nigeria. He said if any attempt or plan a coup, not only will they fail, but that they will not get away unpunished.
During the Nigerian/Cameroun problems, he pronounced that there will be no war.
He pronounced the release of Mandela.
He said pronounced that when Nigeria celebrates its 60th independence anniversary, Nigeria would be a place to be reckoned with. He said Nigerian currency will be the strongest in the world, and that Nigeria will be the place everyone is scrambling to live. He said if you own land in Nigeria, hold on to it, if you don’t go and get some because a time will come soon when to find land to buy will be almost impossible and scarce.
Some years ago, he said America will have a black president, but he did not give a time frame.

Additional questions:

13) Is there a body of documented teachings by OOO and/or the Brotherhood?

Yes.

14) What do true Brotherhood members think of other Christians?

We are all one and the same.

15) Do true Brotherhood members use charms, amulets, and other such items?
No

16) Do Brotherhood members pray? If yes, in what format?

Prayer start and end this way:

Let thanks and praises be given to God in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Let honour and praises by given to God, through the precious blood of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Let dominion, power, might, adoration and strength by given to God, even now and forever more. Amen

***I agree that humans were initially vegans/vegetarian; but permission to eat meat was granted after Noah's flood.

When we were babies we took milk, but now that we have become adults our diet changes. As we grow physically our metabolism slows down and we are advised to eat more healthily.  Similarly, as we grow spiritually, we also start to realise that certain foods are not good for us, but their is no law preventing you from eating what you like or choose to.

*** It appears that being vegan/vegetarian is a "higher" level encouragement in the Brotherhood; what is the reason for this?
Brotherhood members are not encouraged to become vegetarians or vegans. We are taught that Brotherhood is the sum total of all God’s creation.  Man, animals, sun, moon, stars and all things animate and inanimate.

All of God’s creations are meant to co-exist in harmony.  Part of Co-existing in harmony means not killing animals for food, since God exists in all creation.
Besides living in harmony with all God’s creation, abstinence from various things like alcohol, and not eating meat helps ones spiritual awareness, which is explained in my previous post.

*** All these seem clear. But, there's a detail: is there a limit to the quantity of alcohol? I ask because alcohol is present in several foods.
Yes, it’s a known fact that there are trace alcohol present in several foods, its quantity does not matter.  We are not fanatic about anything in brotherhood. If such foods and drinks can be avoided, then they will be but we don’t go about checking alcohol levels is foods we eat. This highlights the reason why it’s important to bless food before eating.

*** All this is clear. Yet, my question remains, er, unanswered. I will – going forward – assume that any member of OOO's family who're involved in the Brotherhood have met the high requirements you mentioned about. But, could you tell what roles the members of his family have played, and what/who these family members are?
The only important role in the grand scheme of things is held by Sister Helen Obu. She is the Secretary General and the Head of Administration and Sole signatory to all brotherhood documents.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by ikeyman00(m): 7:03am On Nov 04, 2008
well this is what i know from the source close to your brotherhood

i was told the deceased pope john paul will be the last! believe it or not

2 most of them beleive the world will be over in 2000 hence they wasnt gona build any house

3 they are vegetarian, cant even kill house fly in their house, dnt take medicine neither beleive it o not!

OOO himself yes is a spirit, he never leave calabar physically, but he travel to london in spirit, and they sees himself everytime he come around

etc etc
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 04, 2008
I really do not give a damn about what dumb religious fanatics worship.
However, i must confess that i distance myself from this ooo members cos my uncle was a member and died mysteriously in his room after refusing to go to hospital.
Since he joined the ooo; he became totally a different person, disassociated himself from his family and friends. Good thing he made up with his family days before his death.(he must have known his death was near)
The organization seems to be like 'the more you get in, the harder it is to re-access yourself personally. Death seems to be the only way out.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 11:54am On Nov 04, 2008
May kelly:

ooo is not a church, it is a secret cult. ooo is not God neither nor Jesus, ooo is simply a goddess in calabar. Woe to his followers! how blind they are! they have eyes but cannot see, ears cannot hear, noise cannot breath, head without understanding and wisdom.

May Kelly – Wow! Seeing that you write with so much authority and conviction, I will assume that you know exactly what you are talking about and you write from experience and you are obviously welcome to your opinions, but It would be beneficiary to everyone if you can share your first hand knowledge of your experience or contact with brotherhood, this way you can back up your assertions.

You won’t be the first or neither the last to think or speak evil about brotherhood. Let’s hope for your sake this isn’t a case similar to Saul who later became Paul after persecuting and killing Christians.
But remember! And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God

I have taken it upon myself to provide you with attributes of a cult.

25 Attributes of a Cult:

by Anonymous

25 ATTRIBUTES OF A CULT:

This list is taken from a college course called “The Psychology of Fundamentalism” offered by the University of Texas

1. the leader is charismatic and often militaristically demanding
2. the leader is always right
3. elitism, the leaders treated as royalty or a sense of awe, hierarchical, authoritarian power structure
4. lower members get no respect, or get abused
5. leader is not held accountable for his actions or the actions of his authority structure
6. leader will not tolerate or receive criticism, but leader criticizes all others
7. there is no exit (There is always an exit - it’s the same doors you came in!!)
8. if members exit they are considered rebellious, out of the will of a higher power or the leader
9. members do not have any association with members that have left the group
10. there are no graduates from the “program” or group, just deserters or evil people
11. there is cult speak (a language many others can not understand)
12. personal attacks on critics or those who are not in the group
13. solidarity within themselves, no outside allegiance or association
14. use of guilt to manipulate members (I don’t carry guilt so I can’t relate to this.)
15. the leaders of group are self absorbed
16. instant community
17. members unable to tell the truth
18. money grubbing
19. newcomers don’t “think right” and need to be trained
20. system of punishment and reward
21. intrusiveness
22. sense of powerless, dependency, covert fear, guilt
23. members and leaders are imbalanced or mentally ill
24. thought stopping language, clichés, or slogans
25. demands of ultra loyalty or ultra trust in the groups process and others
WOW!! It’s so interesting to look back and consider the churches that we’ve come through over the years. In thinking specifically of the one of the two main churches we were involved in here in San Antonio - I can’t believe how many of these “qualities” are “spot on!” I bolded the qualities which were, to me, obviously present in that church body. Others who defected from the church may highlight all of them, or not the same ones as I. It would, of course, depend on your mental state (how deprogrammed or programmed are you) and your experiences in the cult and once you left the cult, and of course your ability to use Godly discernment in these matters. Present members will be able to defend themselves against all these charges. I, however, can think of specific examples of how these attritbutes correctly describe the “Standard Operating Procedures” of the cult that we spent 4 years fellowshipping with.

How To Identify A Cult:
http://www.christiancourier.com/articles/250-how-to-identify-a-cult
http://soulhunter.net/cult-ID.htm
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 12:19pm On Nov 04, 2008
nuzo:

I really do not give a damn about what dumb religious fanatics worship.
However, i must confess that i distance myself from this ooo members because my uncle was a member and died mysteriously in his room after refusing to go to hospital.
Since he joined the ooo; he became totally a different person, disassociated himself from his family and friends. Good thing he made up with his family days before his death.(he must have known his death was near)
The organization seems to be like 'the more you get in, the harder it is to re-access yourself personally. Death seems to be the only way out.

Nuzo - Sorry about the loss of your uncle. But I must say that its easy to blame anyone for anything if you are already biased towards the person, thing or organisation in question.

I called into brotherhood 24 years ago, when I was only 17 years old. Within a few days of becoming a member, my parents kicked up a fuss and wanted me to stop attending brotherhood.

I was given the choice to stop attending brotherhood or leave home! And I was happy and willing to leave home considering what had been revealed to me about brotherhood, but the members through

whom I got baptised advised me not to leave home, simply because I did not need to attend the church in order to be a true member, but rather I should let my family see the changes in me and then they

will know that there is something unique and good about brotherhood.

This is the brotherhood I know! As with every organisation, there will be those who go to one extreme or the other, owing to how they choose to see and understand things.

Often times the individual is to blame.

I know many folks, young and old who have left brotherhood and they are still alive and well and have nothing against brotherhood other than that we call Olumba God!

There is no compulsion for anyone to remain a brotherhood member. If I so choose I am free to leave brotherhood without fear of any repercussion.

So go figure!
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by ikeyman00(m): 11:07pm On Nov 04, 2008
ooo member dnt pretend that u didnt see my post! so me waitin as usual

wuciwug
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 12:11am On Nov 05, 2008
ikeyman00:

ooo member dnt pretend that u didnt see my post! so me waitin as usual

wuciwug

Ikeyman00 - (lol) Wetin now bros! I didn't think you wanted a response, but here goes,

ikeyman00:

well this is what i know from the source close to your brotherhood

i was told the deceased pope john paul will be the last! believe it or not

2 most of them beleive the world will be over in 2000 hence they wasnt gona build any house

3 they are vegetarian, can't even kill house fly in their house, dnt take medicine neither beleive it o not!

OOO himself yes is a spirit, he never leave calabar physically, but he travel to london in spirit, and they sees himself everytime he come around

etc etc

I know nothing about this "prophesy" regarding the pope, and quite honestly, I doubt is veracity.

On the world coming to an end in 2000, this false understanding stemmed from some brotherhood members reading meaning into Olumba's words. A number of years ago Olumba said something spectacular will happen in 1999.  Some members dedicated books to the subject with elaborate write ups. They wrote with authority and no one challenged any of these books, not even Olumba himself (which you will find baffling as I did a point in time). Only thing Olumba maintained was that something spectacular would happen.

Most brotherhood members were shocked by the series of events that took place during the end of 1999 into the year 2000.  Brother Roland Obu took steps to remove his father Olumba Olumba Obu and enthroned himself King of Kings! Almost immediately, there was a separation between brotherhood members. Many followed brother Roland, while others like me remained with Olumba.

Despite all these occurrences, Olumba still remains calm and says nothing.  He says nothing simply because he teaches us to allow evil take its course and constantly reminds us not to resist an evil doer.

He teaches that there is a time, a season  and a purpose to everything under the sun. Hence if you prevent anything from running its natural course, you are bound to cause a much worse situation than already being experienced.

See my previous posts above regarding vegetarianism.

OOO is in human form, yet is able to be seen lavishly around the world, but he only reveals himself to those he chooses.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by ikeyman00(m): 4:01am On Nov 05, 2008
k right i agree with u. i got my words from the source very very close to the man himself. very very close, !! so so far i will say u right. i evn have the chance to watch vedios of some kind of praisin, singin in your base in calabar

as for the problem, yes i did notice some kinda all of a sudden ur pastors are fightin eachother, who controls the money, hmm 419; how they will share the money lipsrsealed

so do u know people that have seen him physically away from calabar then
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 7:54am On Nov 05, 2008
ikeyman00:

k right i agree with u. i got my words from the source very very close to the man himself. very very close, !! so so far i will say u right. i evn have the chance to watch vedios of some kind of praisin, singin in your base in calabar

as for the problem, yes i did notice some kind of all of a sudden ur pastors are fightin eachother, who controls the money, hmm 419; how they will share the money lipsrsealed

so do u know people that have seen him physically away from calabar then

Ikeyman00 - You are right on the money! Everything about brother Roland and his group is all about money! The lady who came to this thread seeking for help with her uncle drew attention to the fact that all the money her uncle has it being given to "brotherhood", what she didn't know, which I discovered after talking with her uncle, is that he belongs to the brother Roland group!

Unfortunately, I realised that I can be of no help to this woman since her uncle already belongs in the wrong group.  Money and all the trimmings is what matters to them, but their time is short lived.

The amazing thing about Olumba is that despite what is considered norm for church leaders and most leaders in an organisation, he owns nothing, but yet he has everything!

He owns no car or vehicle! He has never had need for any!

He own no fancy clothes! All he owns are white shorts, white vests, and soutanes, and all these were made in Nigeria! He does not even own a pair of slippers or shoes!

The people Olumba reveals himself to lavishly, are usually those who have never met him. This incident happened around 1986 and 1989, in London, Mill Hill.

Mill Hill is a predominantly white rich area, where brotherhood happens to have a bethel and close by to this bethel is a church full of nuns. One day a brotherhood member decided that she would pay these

nuns a visit so as to fellowship with them.  Through the course of their conversation, one of the nuns came back with the sister to see the bethel and then she exclaimed when she saw Olumba's picture!

She said that's the man who has been coming to teach them daily for some time.  This was how we got to know about Olumba revealing himself to the nuns.

There are many such stories all around the world.  Many non Nigerians and white people have testified to knowing Olumba from childhood. They claim he has been teaching them from a tender age about

God, hence when they now come into contact with a brotherhood member, they share their story with us and usually become members.

This also is my story and how I came to accept brotherhood and Olumba.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by ud4u: 4:06pm On Nov 05, 2008
wuciwug:

Nuzo - Sorry about the loss of your uncle. But I must say that its easy to blame anyone for anything if you are already biased towards the person, thing or organisation in question.

I called into brotherhood 24 years ago, when I was only 17 years old. Within a few days of becoming a member, my parents kicked up a fuss and wanted me to stop attending brotherhood.

I was given the choice to stop attending brotherhood or leave home! And I was happy and willing to leave home considering what had been revealed to me about brotherhood, but the members through

whom I got baptised advised me not to leave home, simply because I did not need to attend the church in order to be a true member, but rather I should let my family see the changes in me and then they

will know that there is something unique and good about brotherhood.

This is the brotherhood I know! As with every organisation, there will be those who go to one extreme or the other, owing to how they choose to see and understand things.

Often times the individual is to blame.

I know many folks, young and old who have left brotherhood and they are still alive and well and have nothing against brotherhood other than that we call Olumba God!

There is no compulsion for anyone to remain a brotherhood member. If I so choose I am free to leave brotherhood without fear of any repercussion.

So go figure!

My brother how can you be in a congregation where they call a man God, God forbid. My dear brother make haste and come out from among them and accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour and it shall be well with in Jesus Name Amen.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by wuciwug: 9:28pm On Nov 05, 2008
ud4u:

My brother how can you be in a congregation where they call a man God, God forbid. My dear brother make haste and come out from among them and accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour and it shall be well with in Jesus Name Amen.

Ud4u - Thanks for your concern, but since you raise the issue about calling a man God, was Christ a stone? Part of the accusations levied against Christ was that he being a man, made himself equal to God!

His reply to this accusation lies in Psalm 82: 6; I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. This equally applies to every human being, because our Father is God we his children are gods. Just like a child whose parents are king and queen, automatically making the child or children prince and princesses.

Man is God in action. If you place man in a barren land, before you know it in a matter of time all sorts of infrastructure will spring up.  God manifests himself through man, because man represents God on earth.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by ikeyman00(m): 9:41pm On Nov 05, 2008
wuci
so which one be father or shall i say holy father huh, queen mother, or mother

na wooo! i bet u, ur money don de multiply there hmm
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Ositar: 12:00pm On Dec 18, 2008
With dues respect and a promise to respect each and every member therein, i am a 26yr old Man based in Cototnou Benin Rep. but because i am not properous, in my business they all take me as a shaft, SO I WILL LIKE TO SEEK FOR HELP HERE IN THE BROTHERHOOD OF CROSS AND STAR, because i want to cross and shine like the star.

Osita.
contact number 00229 96072832[/b]
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by chika98: 7:47pm On Dec 18, 2008
We had an olumba church in our neighborhood in Nigeria. One of my friends in high school attended that church. It is nothing but an occult where people gather together to do all sorts of things. Holy spirit ko? preaching to folks at a tender age ke? I have been around them and I know they are bad news. Tufiakwa! Chineke agahi ekwe ihe ojo
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Pepeye(f): 10:42pm On Dec 18, 2008
chika98:

We had an olumba church in our neighborhood in Nigeria. One of my friends in high school attended that church. It is nothing but an occult where people gather together to do all sorts of things. Holy spirit ko? preaching to folks at a tender age ke? I have been around them and I know they are bad news. Tufiakwa! Chineke agahi ekwe ihe ojo

i second that, Seems its synonymous with evil lipsrsealed
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Nimshi: 11:27am On Dec 19, 2008
chika98:

Did you attend the Brotherhood congregation? Apparently you didn't; your friend did. Did you come to your conclusions based on what your friend reported?

The assertion in the quoted post doesn't appear to be supported by fact. There's a lot of suggestive information surrounding the Brotherhood faith; perhaps some are true, but these extreme allegations are tough to swallow.

chika98:
It is nothing but an occult where people gather together to do all sorts of things.

What sort of things?
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by chika98: 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2008
Nimshi:

Did you attend the Brotherhood congregation? Apparently you didn't; your friend did. Did you come to your conclusions based on what your friend reported?

The assertion in the quoted post doesn't appear to be supported by fact. There's a lot of suggestive information surrounding the Brotherhood faith; perhaps some are true, but these extreme allegations are tough to swallow.

What sort of things?

Tufiakwa! Why would i do such a thing?? I don't need anyone to tell me what goes on there. I have seen how they worship and they can sing though that i give to them but I cannot understand why anyone would be involved with such a faith. I will keep my comments to myself.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Nimshi: 3:11am On Dec 20, 2008
chika98:

Tufiakwa! Why would i do such a thing?? I don't need anyone to tell me what goes on there. I have seen how they worship and they can sing though that i give to them but I cannot understand why anyone would be involved with such a faith. I will keep my comments to myself.

Amazing; you haven't attended any of their meetings, yet, you have seen how they worship.

Who wouldn't want such powers!

grin
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by fayahsoul: 4:46pm On Dec 20, 2008
The article below is an interesting read.

It is in line with my intuition, our history and time cycles.

and his face does look familiar, don't know were i have seen it though.

I must find out who this man truely is.

Does he have a biological father?

WHO IS THIS MAN, OLUMBA OLUMBA OBU?

The readers digest Universal dictionary defines God as a Being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.

The Holy Bible, on the other hand, tells us that God is a Spirit; and they that worship Him must do so in spirit and in truth. John 4: 24. Our Lord Jesus Christ talked about the spirit as the one to lead humankind to the truth (John 15: 26. But when the Comforter (Helper) comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of Truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will testify of me and He knows that of all things in existence, the Holy Spirit is most perfect.

The qualities of the Spirit include: LOVE, PEACE, JOY, PATIENCE, GENTLENESS, GOODNESS, FAITH, MEEKNESS, AND TEMPERANCE – Galatians 5: 22;

From these texts mentioned above namely:

John 4: 24

Galatians 5: 22

John 15: 26

One acknowledges that no one can possess these qualities or attributes except God. God is not man, tree, mountain, water, air etc. He is Spirit. Any person you come across who is without blemish (perfect) is God and Spirit at the same time.

There has arrived on the world stage "An Entity", looking as an ordinary human being in every way, but extremely mysterious in other aspect. His name is OLUMBA OLUMBA OBU. He was born in Biakpan, Cross River State of Nigeria on 30th December 1918. His birth had been announced, according to Biakpan oral history, over 400 years ago, when a mysterious man in white shorts and shirt wrote "O. O. O" on the body of a dead man and the man came back to life. The mysterious man then disappeared. More recently, His birth was announced in Fatima, Portugal by an angelic apparition which handed a written announcement of the birth of O O O for onward transmission to the Pope. Of course, Vatican has refused to publish the announcement.

Events Tell who O. O. O. Is:

Three day old baby O. O. O gave sight to a blind woman who held Him in her arms during the traditional embrace of a newborn baby. Four year old O. O. O raised the dead. He prayed and the body of a dead woman in her village, and she immediately resurrected.

In the beginning was the Word and Word was with God and the Word was God. John 1: 1-5. Leader Olumba Olumba Obu as is followe His followers call Him, makes and unmakes with HIS WORD. Who is that Being who will just pronounce something and it happens as He says?

What do you call a Being who tells people who have gone round the world’s hospitals looking for children, "Go, I have given you children",

and instantly they start having children. There are thousands of such. Someone comes crying that he is owing and this Being says:

"Go, I have repaid your debts" and the person on reaching home receives a letter or phone call acknowledging receipt of a cheque defraying his debt yet he the debtor issued no cheque.

Can the world tell me the origin of a Being to whom you go with all sorts of problems and He says:

"Go, All Is Well",

and as you get home, everything becomes well just as He pronounced.

-2-

Yes tell me which other human born of woman will just look at you and all the sickness and diseases in you vanish on the spot, yes, just mere looking at you. In fact He does not need to look at you because once you set your eyes on Him (His Red Garment), everything is made well with you.

Yes, here is a brother who qualified as a medical doctor in July 1971 more than 27 years ago in Bonn, Germany and practised there for a couple of years. He practised in Ghana, went over to Brazil (South America) and the Middle East (Lebanon and Israel), came to England for post-graduate Studies in Tertiary hospitals in London and University of London, was almost blind, paralysed, walking with aid of walking stick. This Being has forgiven this brother of his sins and healed him of his infirmities when this brother set his eyes on this Being. This makes the worldly doctors to marvel at this wondrous healing. This Brother is no other person than the writer of this article.

A group of villagers went to this Being to complain that the river in their area, their only means of livelihood as fishermen, were being overtaken and blocked by sand. This Being blessed them and said, "Go, I have cleared the sand", yes, they arrived home the next day to find the river flowing as always and no traces of sand. Tell me, who else has the POWER OF THE SPOKEN WORD. When He speaks, the air stands, He speaks again and the wind blows. He speaks and the sun shines. He speaks again and the sun ceases to shine.

The power of HIS WORDS and the authority of His teachings reveal Him. He can never be compared with any man, He is the truth, and the Truth does not change. His teachings are consistent. He can never be compared with any man ever born of woman who has manifested on this earth place. He appears lavishly in the dream to all men of goodwill all over the world. People pass Him on the way and deal with Him everyday all over the world without knowing He is the one. He has manifested in various forms in different places at the same time. In the Kingdom of fish, He is fish. In the Kingdom of birds He is a bird, He is an ant, He is a tree, a rock, and in the plane of humans, He manifests as a man, a beggar, a leper in any form, as a small child, as a man as well as a woman.

He teaches and practices LOVE. How many Popes, Archbishops or reverends or whoever have you ever heard say "I am making this pronouncement from the Highest heavens". Do they know the meaning of heaven not to talk of the highest heaven? These people claim to know Jesus the Christ and represent Him, yet they teach people to do penance so that they will go to heaven when they die whereas our Lord Jesus teaches that if you obey Him and practise His teachings, you will not die. Jesus did not teach that death leads to heaven (glory) because it is sin that leads to death. He teaches that death can be overcome through practice of His words.

After each worship, after each lecture or Bible Class Studies, you hear Leader Olumba Olumba Obu, say "Let My Peace and Blessings abide with the entire world, now and forever more". Amen. If you are not the author of peace, how can you dare utter such words? Who else blesses with the two outstretched hands?

What Are His Characteristics?

Leader Olumba Olumba Obu had existed before the world was formed. Daniel 7: 9:

"……………and the ancient of days did sit and the hair of his head like pure wool".

In Revelation 1: 13-15:

"…………, And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of Man………

His hairs were like wool. His eyes as flame of fire….

His name is called the WORD OF GOD.

Further more, in Rev. 19: 16:

…………….And He has on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, King of Kings and

Lord of Lords" and refers to what the Prophet stated in Isaiah 9: 6.

-3-

"For unto us a child is born; for unto us a son is given; and the government shall be on His shoulder; and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father and the Prince of Peace".

It also refers to that statement in Rev. 12: 5: and she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron; and her child was caught up unto God, and to His throne".

Leader Olumba Olumba Obu, a perfect, omnipotent and omniscient, originator and ruler of the Universe, that is the only one with the name Sole spiritual Head of the Universe asks,

Who among men can do the works that I am doing now"?

Is there a government, church, organisation, society, angel or spirit that can do these works?

Baptism of the Holy Ghost:

According to our Lord Jesus Christ: Mark 16: 16-18:

"He that believeth and is baptised shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned, and these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name they shall cast out devils, they shall speak with new tongues. They shall take up serpents and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover". These signs do follow even little infants baptised in the Brotherhood of the cross and Star, Christ Spiritual School of Practical Christianity, the Kingdom of God which our Lord Jesus Christ taught us to pray for it, "let thy Kingdom come" Matt. 6: 10 established by Leader Olumba Olumba Obu. He has instituted baptism of the Holy Ghost as the mode of admission into this School. Since these signs follow whoever gets baptised in BCS, Leader Olumba Olumba Obu must therefore, be the man of God, John the Baptist foretold that would come to institute baptism of the Holy Ghost.

He is the Lion of Judah, since He alone can open the Holy Book and explain the contents thereof. He is a test that many of us have made on Leader Olumba Olumba Obu. When He cites a section of the Bible, and jumping quickly to read, a totally different part of the bible, He quickly stops the reader and corrects them. Not a single teacher, catechist, evangelist, priest or pastor remembers ever seeing Leader Olumba Olumba Obu in his church or Sunday class. He had less than three years of attendance at primary school which He hardly sat in since there was nothing the teacher could teach Him. He therefore must be a Supernatural Teacher. That is why He has such a mysterious and perfect command of the Bible, when the Bible says:

"No man on earth and in heaven is able to read and understand the Bible except the Lion of Judah". Genesis 49: 8-11, states:

"Judah, your brothers will praise you, you hold your enemies by the neck. Your

brothers will bow down before you Judah is like a lion, killing his victim and

returning to his den, stretching out and lying down no one dares disturb him.

Judah will hold the royal sceptre and his descendants will always rule nations will

Bring him tribute and bow in obedience before him. He has his young donkey to a

Grapevine, to the very best of the vines. He washes his clothes in blood red wine".

Isaiah 63: 1-6: states:

"Who is this coming from the city of Edom? Who is this so splendidly dressed in red, marching

along in power and strength, it is the Lord, powerful to save, coming to announce his victory. Why

is his clothing so red like that of a man who tramples grapes to make wine?

The Lord answers "I have trampled the nations like grapes and no one can help me. I trampled them in my anger and their blood has stained all my clothing". I decided that was the time to punish their enemies. I was amazed when I looked and saw that there was no one to help me. But my anger made me strong, and I won the victory myself. In my anger I trampled upon nations and shattered them. I poured out their life blood on the ground".

-4-

Further references are:

Revelation 19: 11 – end

Revelation 7: 9 – end

Revelation 3: 4-5

Matthew 6: 9-11/

Leader Olumba Olumba Obu is neither Adam, nor Abraham, nor Moses, nor Elijah, nor John the Baptist nor our Lord Jesus Christ nor Peter nor Paul, but from the horse’s own mouth "I am that I am".

He has been preaching the Word of God. He practises the Word of God. These godly virtues are found in him: Humility, Honesty, Truth, Goodness, Kindness, Righteousness, Faithfulness, Meekness, Gentleness and Self-control.

He has opened the Holy Bible. He has closed and re-opened it. He has emptied it and turned it upside down. He has revealed the contents, He has practised and has taught you and me LOVE, What then remains? Every person testifies that Leader Olumba Olumba Obu preaches the real WORD OF GOD, practices the WORD, and that He is a real man of God. Yes, that is His qualification.

Search throughout the world, and mention any person who can open and read and practice the contents of the book. Adam came to the world, married a wife, but because of fornication (sexual immorality) both of them fell out of the grace of God. Both John the Baptist and our Lord Jesus Christ came and had no wives, yet could not practise the Word of God.

Leader Olumba Olumba Obu, the Sole Spiritual Head of the Universe has come with brothers, sisters, and every other thing. But he is able to practise the Word to the satisfaction of everybody. Somebody going to remain at a place for a short time goes with only a briefcase, but a person who goes to live in a place as his final home, must go there bag and baggage.

Our Lord Jesus Christ had only 12 Apostles, but consider the present situation where Leader O. O. O have many Apostles and disciples in all states of the Federation of Nigeria, and in India, Britain, America and all parts of the world. He has come to teach man to the accurate knowledge of the truth, He has come to transform man to the ways of God, He has come to establish the Kingdom of God on earth. He has come by Himself sending no one else, He has come to die no more. He is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords and He shall reign forever and ever. Amen.

THANK YOU FATHER.

Elder/(Dr.) Alfred Bannerman.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by Czarskit(m): 5:24pm On Dec 20, 2008
cry Not interesting,
More junk than trash,
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by fayahsoul: 6:52pm On Dec 20, 2008
Hmmm, this report below raises questions about this "brotherhood."

Bishops Fight Olumba
The crisis in the Brotherhood has deepened as Olumba Olumba Obu is dragged to the police station, the first time he would step out of the sect’s premises in 53 years

By Obong Akpaekong

The crisis currently rocking the Brotherhood of the Cross and Star is deepening. Four bishops of the Calabar-based sect are up in arms against Olumba Olumba Obu, the sole spiritual head of the church and Rowland, his first son, whom he purportedly named as his successor. The bishops said Rowland has introduced “unwholesome” practices and teachings in the church. They also said Rowland now answers Olumba Olumba Obu, which he is not. The bishops also dragged Olumba to the police on this matter.

The bishops, namely Cyrinus O. Akpan, Asukwo Ekanem, Okpalla Williams and Matthew Ejedawe are unhappy with the “holy father” for appointing his son as the chairman of the Brotherhood executive council and head of the church instead of one of the bishops or Ibum, his first daughter, who are grounded in the affairs and teachings of the church.

The angry bishops have now pulled out of the Calabar headquarters of the sect to establish their own faction in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital. Newswatch learnt that the battle between the bishops and Rowland has torn the church into a brotherhood of discord. Each group now tries to woo members to its own fold. For instance, in Akwa Ibom State , ownership of the church buildings is being hotly contested by the factions while campaign for loyalty of church members has heightened tension.

Besides, the two groups are also struggling to get hold of the updated version of the certificate of trustee of the church, now with the Corporate Affairs Commission, CAC, Abuja . The bishops, who spoke to Newswatch said the children of Olumba have now taken divine titles that are unscriptural. For instance, Rowland is now said to answer “king of kings and lord of lords” while Ibum answers “Queen Mother.” Ajah, one of Olumba’s daughters has the title “Supreme Mother” while another called Onoghen is addressed as “Blessed Mother.”

Ekanem, one of the bishops told Newswatch that the titles are even against the original teachings of Olumba and are being frowned against by the congregation. Ekanem also said Rowland had introduced sacrifices into the sect’s practices. According to him, goats, fowls and other animals are now being slaughtered on regular basis in the church premises for ritual purposes. Ekanem insisted that the practice is ungoldly and not in consonance with Olumba’s teachings.

Newswatch also learnt that Rowland has now turned the church’s 144,000 Virgins into a worldly gang. The Virgins are boys and girls who usually sit in the vestry to sing the praise of Olumba. They were supposed to be pure and holy. Ogar Osim is said to be the leader of the 144,000 Virgins.

But Ekanem said they are now “known to be committing immorality among themselves.” He accused them of stubbornness and disobedience. He also said they have become highly materialistic. “They are highly carnal,” he said.

Lovina Amagala Iburene, an ex-member of the church, even said that the so-called virgins nearly beat to death one “Sister Maria.”

The 85-year-old Olumba, who is said to have now turned blind appointed Rowland, his first son, his successor, head of administration and chairman of the church’s executive council in April 2001. The appointment sparked protest and counter protests. The bishops and some members said Rolwand was almost a stranger to the Brotherhood Kingdom as he had not been involved in the fellowship long enough.

A large number of the members rallied round Rowland. Others were behind Ibum, and the bishops. The polarisation of the Brotherhood membership resulted in violent clashes between Rowland’s supporters and those of Ibum and the bishops. Machetes and other dangerous weapons were freely used in the fights, which took place within the 34, Ambo Street , Calabar premises of the sect and the surrounding Streets. Many people were wounded, with some spending several weeks receiving treatment in hospitals.

The crisis split Olumba’s children into two camps. Obu Olumba Obu who is a bishop, and Olumba’s second son, for instance, pitched tent with the elder sister and the other bishops. The crisis eventually led to the bishops and Ibum, fleeing from Calabar to Uyo.

The new Brotherhood headquarters in Uyo, is located somewhere behind the University of Uyo . Ibum lives within the premises of the church. Some members defected from the Pentecostal centre along the town’s Ekpenyong Street , to join them. The bishops’ faction of the Brotherhood is also springing up in many states, townships and villages in parts of the country. Newswatch learnt that efforts are being made to take the new Brotherhood to other African countries as well as Europe and America . Ekanem, however, told Newswatch that their faction of the Brotherhood still worships the same Olumba who he said is God-incarnate.

The 144,000 Virgins of the church, however, pitched their tent with Rowland. On June 29, they addressed a press conference on the crisis ,at the No. 3, Akobi Crescent , Surulere, Lagos cathedral of Brotherhood. Rowland, earlier said to be the one to address the conference was represented by Joseph Dike, a “senior Christ servant,” who came in from Calabar. Dike read to the journalists an 18-page document entitled: “BCS - The True Perspective,” which traced the history of Brotherhood, spoke about its doctrines and told the story of the crisis. It blamed the crisis on Akpan, Ekanem, Ejedawe and Williams. The bishops were accused of inciting the members to rebel against the authority of Olumba and Rowland. They were accused of trying to put their names in the Brotherhood trustees council without consulting Olumba.

The Virgins said Olumba in November 1991, gave Rowland the divine titles of king of kings and lord of lords,” and Ibum that of “Queen mother.” Olumba was also said to have, on May 27, 1997 , summoned Brotherhood workers worldwide to 34, Ambo Street , and presented Rowland as the “Christ of God in His Second Advent.” He was also said to have directed that Rowland would from that time be known as Olumba Olumba Obu, explaining that these were Rowland’s names at birth. Olumba was also said to have introduced a new sitting arrangement in Brotherhood with Rowland sitting on his right and Ibum on his left.

The bishops, the Virgins said, did not like all these. “They then started grouping behind Ibum to checkmate him.” The journalists were also told at the conference how the bishops tried to introduce certain practices considered to have been at variance with Olumba’s teachings. They were, for instance, said to have asked for permission to wear skullcaps as is worn by bishops in other religious folds. They were also said to have demanded to sit separate from the congregation and to even sit with the Virgins, and Olumba on the altar. The Virgins claimed the bishops demanded that people who wanted to meet with Olumba should pass through them.

The Virgins also accused the bishops of publishing standing orders conveying executive powers on Ibum, which enabled her take certain actions and even ordered a re-screening of the Virgins, a directive they said Olumba alone could give.

Rowland had, in an earlier interview with Newswatch, accused the bishops of trying to scatter the Brotherhood after his father appointed him head of Brotherhood administration. He said the bishops would have preferred Ibum who, he said, would be easy to control. He also accused the bishops of trying to hijack the trusteeship of Brotherhood. Rowland insisted that the bishops, who he described as rebels were dismissed by his father for their roles in the sect’s crisis. He, however, denied that animals were sacrificed in the church.

Akpan, who had earlier spoken to Newswatch on the crisis in Brotherhood and the clash between Rowland’s supporters and those of the bishops and Ibum at the Brotherhood headquarters in April last year refused to comment on the allegations made against the bishops by the Virgins when Newswatch called on him in Uyo.

But Ekanem reacted sharply. “The bishops are not responsible for crisis in the Brotherhood. Rowland is, he told Newswatch. Rowland, according to him, did not receive Olumba’s backing in all the actions he has taken in the Brotherhood. He said contrary to the claim by the Virgins that the bishops feared that Olumba was ageing and schemed how to take over Brotherhood, it was Olumba’s children, particularly Rowland and Ajah, who nursed the fear and wanted to take over to secure Brotherhood property and estates. Ekanem said he and the other bishops had already become wealthy people before joining the Brotherhood. He said Ejedawe, an engineer, built Nicon Noga Hotel in Abuja and was the first manager of Nicon Property. He said the bishop was responsible for the development of most physical structures of BCS. Ekanem said as Olumba’s overseas representative, he spent a lot of his personal money in setting up Brotherhood centres in parts of the world including Newark , New Jersey and Brooklyn , all in the United States of America . Williams was said to have donated the secretariat, and the worship hall, among other structures, at the Calabar headquarters.

“I do not see any of the bishops having interest in Brotherhood property or money. We are interested in promoting the kingdom,” he said. Ekanem said Olumba offered him salvation when he joined Brotherhood in 1970 and he decided to stick to him and to draw many others worldwide to embrace the good thing found in a black man.

The bishops are insisting that Olumba did not make his son head of Brotherhood. They said as sole spiritual head of BCS, Olumba cannot have a deputy or successor during his lifetime. “Leader O.O. Obu is the only “king of kings” and “lord of lords” that we know. The father, son and the holy spirit are all in him,” Ekanem said. He argued that Rowland, being human cannot answer the title of “king of kings” and “lord of lords,” nor can he be “God the son.”

He said members of Brotherhood were also not happy with Olumba’s children for the divine titles they had taken. They argued that they were human beings full of faults and could not merit such titles.

Ekanem also denied that the bishops ever wanted to put on the skullcap as alleged by the Virgins. He said Olumba was always teaching his followers to be humble, adding that the bishops would not have sought for any exalted sitting arrangement that did not come from Olumba.

Ekanem also denied allegations that Olumba dismissed them from Brotherhood. There is no dismissal or suspension in Brotherhood. We left on our own to further Olumba’s instructions and preserve his teachings,” he told Newswatch.

The retired navy captain recently published a 48-page book entitled “Beware, Judgment Has Started in the Kingdom.” In the book, he traced the origin of the Brotherhood crisis. He insisted that Olumba is God and persuaded Brotherhood members to pitch their tents with Ibum and the bishops. He claimed Olumba predicted the split in the church during a message he gave to his followers on Easter Monday, 2000.

In the book, which Ekanem is still distributing to members of the Brotherhood and the public, he said Olumba chose Ibum to administer Brotherhood not Rowland. “The father had issued out a circular on 13th October, 2000 stating his preference for carrying the administration of Brotherhood of the Cross and Star. He appointed Ibum Olumba Obu, the Queen Mother, to do the administration for him,” the book stated. The book claimed that Olumba announced Ibum’s position on the 25th of October, 2000 . He claimed it was on this day that those who did not want Ibum to head Brotherhood administration started a revolt.

Williams, in a separate interview with Calabar-based journalists was also quoted as saying the bishops quit 34, Ambo Street for the safety of their lives. “If you threaten a human, he will run for his life,” he said. Williams said Rowland was not the recognised leader of Brotherhood, because, according to him, Rowland was not anointed for such job by Olumba.

As for the Virgins, Ekanem said they were hardly virgins. He accused them of committing immorality among themselves. He said they were stubborn and disobedient and that unlike the Christ witnesses and students, another set of youngsters serving full-time in the Brotherhood kingdom, the Virgins were very materialistic. He said many of them had radio and television sets in their hostels and were listening to music all the time. He accused them of wearing very costly materials. “They are carnal, he insisted. Ekanem said on one occasion, Olumba asked him to speak to or advise them to put away disobedience, carnality and worldliness from their midst. He said the body was set up by Rowland to challenge and malign Olumba, noting that the youngsters did not know much about Brotherhood, let alone address a press conference on the crisis within the organisation.

Iburene, a former evangelist of BCS who claimed to have been Olumba’s representative in Lagos and some other places while she was in the organisation, also descended heavily on the Virgins. She sent a four-page letter to Newswatch the week the Virgins addressed the press, saying they did not know Olumba well enough or his son, Rowland to speak to the press about them. Iburene also accused them of disobedience, noting that Olumba has been preaching against their lifestyles and lamenting that parents sent their disobedient children to him. She, however, said a few of them, personally selected by Olumba, were good.

Iburene also said there were quite a number of bullies among the “virgins” and that in 1999, they insulted and almost beat up Williams. Their action, she said, infuriated Olumba, who asked them to apologise but they refused. She said they later apologised when Olumba threatened to send them back to their parents. She alleged that the Virgins in 1998 nearly beat to death one “Sister Maria,” a member of the church she claimed sold the plot of land Brotherhood erected a building for the “virgins” on the 34, Ambo Street premises.

Maria’s offence, according to her was that she invited a female visioner to a feast held in her residence who described them as “agents of the devil.” According to Iburene, Olumba and Rowland practically begged the lady not to take the matter to the police.

Iburene said Deji Ayinde, a Lagos lawyer and pastor of the Akobi Crescent Cathedral and Mercy Ute Ushede, a deaconess of the church and Olumba’s Lagos representative who co-ordinated the press conference, were ignorant of Olumba’s evil nature. She argued that the bishops and their supporters were not the ones sowing seeds of discord in the church, but that the time had come for God to expose Olumba and his work.

Iburene, who claims she accepted Jesus before leaving Brotherhood now runs the Truth Transport Evangelical Ministry, based in Badagry, Lagos State. She claimed that God called her out of Brotherhood to, among other things, expose evil perpetrated in the Brotherhood Kingdom as well as the evil nature of Olumba. She had earlier written two books proclaiming that Olumba was God and calling on the world to worship him. She said she wrote the book out of ignorance.

But Ogar Osim, leader of the Virgins, denied that the Virgins were immoral or troublesome.

Ibum is said to be in possession of Brotherhood accounts and documents in major Nigerian banks namely First Bank, Union Bank and United Bank for Africa , UBA. She is also said to be keeping the cheque books of Brotherhood’s London account. She pulled out of the church soon after her father gave her power of attorney to supervise Brotherhood property, take charge and operate Brotherhood accounts on his behalf in a letter signed by Olumba on March 28, 2001 . She did not return the books of accounts.

Newswatch learnt that her refusal to return the accounts books to the father has put the Calabar group in serious cash squeeze situation. Rowland told Newswatch that he had taken her to court to hand over the accounting books. But the case is yet to be decided.

This is not the only matter the Brotherhood brethren are sorting out in the court of law. Ibum is also said to have been taken to court to give information on the sect’s landed property and estates worldwide. She had been in charge of all these during her days as general secretary of the Brotherhood.

The police in Calabar recently invited Olumba to their headquarters on Diamond Hill area of the town in their attempt to resolve the issue of trusteeship of the Brotherhood. This was when officials of the Corporate Affairs Commission went to the city to verify the claims of the two Brotherhood factions on the membership of the trustee council. They were said to have requested that the meeting hold outside 34, Ambo Street . The bishops were also said to have made the same request to the police. Rowland, Newswatch learnt, informed his father and later drove him in a Nissan Quest car to the police headquarters. This is said to have been the first time in 53 years that Olumba would have left Brotherhood premises.

News quickly spread around that the man who many believed was long dead or gone blind was in the police station. A large crowd was said to have gathered outside the police station to catch a glimpse of the man. The police later issued a statement denying responsibility for that exposure of Olumba, whom many saw as humiliating. The bishops’ faction also denied responsibility for the action.

The dispute over Brotherhood council of trustees has been on for five years. The Corporate Affairs Commission registered Brotherhold of the Cross and Star as a religious organisation in 1957. Over the years, three of the four registered trustees died, leaving only Olumba.

There are two versions of the story on the attempt to replace the three dead members of the trustees. Rowland claimed that the bishops, had without due consultations with Olumba, tried to replace the names of deceased trustees with Cyrinus Akpan, Okpalla Williams and M.O. Ejedawe.

He said they connived with officials of the Cross River State Social Welfare Division and some officials of the Corporate Affairs Commission to affect the fraud. The plan, according to him, leaked before the certificate was issued. They were stopped and the certificate was not issued.

But Akpan and Ekanem claimed Olumba had in 1998, nominated Akpan as representative of Brotherhood members from Akwa Ibom, Williams as representative of Igbo-speaking Nigerians in Brotherhood and Ejedawe as representative of Nigerians from other tribes in the trustee council to replace the trustee members who had died.

They said Rowland learnt about it and approached his father to put his name but his father refused to do it. Rowland was said to have later prepared a separate list of board of BCS trustees for the commission, which had 12 names including those of all Olumba’s nine siblings. The list was said to have been put aside by the commission.

Ekanem said soon after this, (1998) the trustee application form disappeared for several months from the Corporate Affairs Commission offices. When it was eventually found, the Corporate Affairs Commission officials started fresh investigations into the controversy surrounding the trusteeship. He said the commission eventually declared that even though there was crisis in Brotherhood, Olumba’s nomination for the trustee council was for real. The commission has, however, not released the certificate till today.

The Brotherhood crisis is already causing a lot of concern to the organisation’s members within and outside the country. Last Tuesday, Parkson Edjeketa, who until a couple of months ago, was Brotherhood’s missionary in Norway , walked into Newswatch ‘s newsroom in Lagos and lamented that the crisis was giving Brotherhood too much negative publicity. Edjeketa, a member of Universal New-World Missionary Crusade Fellowship, Brotherhood’s foreign service wing, however, argued that the problem the church was passing through was no crisis.

Edjeketa, who belongs to the Calabar faction described what was happening in Brotherhood as “separation of the sheep from the goats. “He described the bishops as rebels saying they did not know what they were doing. Edjeketa said although some weak members of Brotherhood may have quit during the period, many members of the church had been strengthened in their faith. Edjeketa described Olumba as “God of the universe.” He said Olumba will never die. Edjeketa said at the appointed time, the crisis will come to an end.

Reported by Geoffrey Ekena.

Newswatch Volume 36 No 9, September 2, 2002

More Stories

Column: Attention Deficit
There was so much hope that Obasanjo will perform and it must be accepted that he has indeed scratched the surface of some of the problems we face. It is the lack of cohesion and a clear direction of where he wants to take the nation that blights all his efforts
Bishops Fight Olumba
The crisis in the Brotherhood has deepened as Olumba Olumba Obu is dragged to the police station, the first time he would step out of the sect’s premises in 53 years
The Big Chase, the Big Fall
They went in hot pursuit of big bucks by getting involved, big time, in the hard drug trade but crashed in the process and are in the net of drugs law enforcement agency, NDLEA
Apostle of Change
National Democratic Party is out with a message which makes no pretensions that it stands for political power shift that will enthrone the youths in the next dispensation
Where Is the Trickster?
Sale of NICON Hilton Hotel raises dust as NICON Insurance Corporation and BPE exchange verbal punches over allegation that it is a bad transaction
Here, You Can Buy Just Everything, even Human Parts
What makes Jankara a special market? Well, in Lagos there is a saying that whatever you want to buy and you cannot find it elsewhere, you go to Jankara market. And these also include items that are traded for in whispers -human parts.
Re: Olumba Olumba Obu - Ooo by waleola99: 4:01pm On May 02, 2009
Olumba church is bad news, I have been there and it is the highway to hell. I was made to attend that occultic gathering in my earlier days as a child by my uncle who was my guardian. There is nothing good in the gathering. Dont use the word church for it, it is not and will never be related to the body of christ. It stills worship from God. It is only a scam to enrich the Obu family who run organisation mafia style. They call themselves the holy family, the God family on earth. Olumba Obu is dead now, his son roland obu has taken over godship of the organization. Have you ever heard of a dead god?

People are just so naive that they sometimes don't stop to think. How can the creator of the heaven and the earth die and be buried?

Christ came for a purpose, to be offered as a sacrifice, when i was young and being made to congregate with this hell bound congregation, the doctorine was that olumba would never die because he has come to establish the kingdom of heaven on earth, that jesus christ was not going to fall from the sky but that god has come and that he is going to produce his family here. hence roland who is now head was pronounced king of kings, the expected christ and his daughter was named holy queen mother, the person of mary mother of christ.

The family own and run one of the biggest plantations in cross river state, they have built a large business empire from monies generated from members (most are societal dejects, frustrated people facing issues in life). I must mention that my uncle was forced into the gathering when he lost all he had worked for in life and had no where to turn.

Going to the BCs as it is called is signing up a contract with the devil for your soul, it takes the grace of God to break that bound. Don't go near there.

to before warned is to before armed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blind Prophet, Moses Kasali To Buhari: "Contest And Be Disgraced!" / "My Wife's Leg Is Decaying Because Of Witch Fire" - Man Cries For Help (Graphic) / Paul Adefarasin Displays Super Eagles Jersey With Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 330
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.