Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? (41502 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by deshclones(m): 7:42am On Aug 08, 2012
afam4eva: E be like say me sef go begin make moves to go Yankee because from the tone of voice of this yankee people e be like say the place make sense die.

Guy,me never go yankee...but uk...helll no...don't even bother going there..even for shopping...that country is maad...naija boys there go beg you wella...you meet alot of naija dudes openly asking you if you are from naija,once you answer in the affirmative..the next thing is to regale you with stories of how life is tough for them and they will demand moni from you...its a fact...that country is a wicked country..no avenues to save...shymmex is here now cos his next shift is from 9am....he works at the one of the olympic venue...after olympics he will sharply resume at his daily tube cleaning job.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Afam4eva(m): 7:44am On Aug 08, 2012
pDude:

Nna bros, the place make sense o. We'll be expecting you soon. smiley
Pls expect me oo. I'm tired of the preventable stress in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 08, 2012
afam4eva: E be like say me sef go begin make moves to go Yankee because from the tone of voice of this yankee people e be like say the place make sense die.

Yes o.

Diamonds on the sidewalk, just laying about. The schnitzel.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 08, 2012
afam4eva:
Pls expect me oo. I'm tired of the preventable stress in Nigeria.

PS werent you supposed to be moving to USA for schooling? You mentioned it in one of your posts somewhere.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Afam4eva(m): 7:53am On Aug 08, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

PS werent you supposed to be moving to USA for schooling? You mentioned it in one of your posts somewhere.
Yes, I did. But I kinda put it on hold for some time. But I think I will renew that dream.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 08, 2012
werepeLeri:

Just ignore them. Replying them makes them feel noticed.

That's what I'm going to start doing now.. grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by justwise(m): 8:11am On Aug 08, 2012
People stop derailing this thread, you know yourselves. Thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by anonimi: 8:44am On Aug 08, 2012
dayokanu: Anyone that has FACTS should bring it forward and lets see for ourselves.

I spoke to one Ibo girl not long ago.

She went to a Nursing school in Iboland, Got to America in 2010 wthout Papers. Currently, She has built a house in her village. Story building with pent house at the back up to roofing

She has set his brother in business to the tune of 2m naira.

She has papers now, Works legally and she just turned 27 like 2 months ago.

She is doing quite well in America, drives a brand new car and she is planning to buy a house in US by next year

Just wondering if you already replied to the response below for clarifications of your above story.

omanzo02: And u believe all that?

Even if she prostitut.e or deals in drug, don't she have overhead cost to pay?, because nobody is going to take u indoor without contributing to payoff bills, not in the US, Europe, Australia, New Zealand some countries in asia. Did u bother to ask her monthly savings etc?

It could be possible if she is a yahoo yahoo girl.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2012
pDude:

cheesy whether you like it or not, we are coming there. California sucks, Texas rocks.

@ All
I am very sorry for lieing ooo. We are really suffering in Texas. Right now, i am typing from the Cemetry. I dey wash deady body for dia. All the story wey i talk na big lie. No need for anyone to move here. Nigeria is so much better. Una don hear am. All the trucks we drive are borrowed leases. The homes we live in are about to be taken away. We borrow money to attend "owambe" at various naija clubs in houston. No need coming to texas. Unemployment is like 70%. Walahi life is HARD here... tongue
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Kayuzze1: 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2012
Nobody even made mention of canada,It is very peaceful here in canada once you are a legal immigrant.. Fortunately for me, my parents have been in canada for 8-10years, so i came in via permanent residence visa.. My parent had set the floor for me, so i have things goin smooth and easy for me ova here. I don't work anyway cos am a bit young,but they beg my mum to work for more hours.. Can u just imagine? She works wif the govt anyway! My dad works veri hard cos he bliv Nigeria is the best place for him to establish himself and enjoy the fruit of his labor... When he tells me his horrible experience in the u.k, i always felt that pain for him rili.. He was sent home 6 times, his closest friend ova in the u.k who had immigration papers , absconded with his savings that he had gathered ova the years.. Roughly 45000 pounds(big money as at 1996).. He couldn't fight or take him to court since he was not a legal immigrant then, so he made up his mind to migrate to canada, where tinz are nw workin for him.. Above all, he has his landed document(immigration papers).. Nothin bothers him anymore, and all he plans now is to come home and establish himself.. So back to the question, it is rosy depending on where you reside.. Life is not easy in the u.k!! Canada is quite peaceful and veri comfortable to stay 1CE U ARE A LEGAL IMMIGRANT AND U AV ALL THE TOOLS B4 LEAVIN HOME... Will be back to explain the tools needed..
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by omoobanla(m): 1:47pm On Aug 08, 2012
MY ANSWER FOR U POSTER IS THAT FOR PPLE LIVING IN EUROPE AUSTRALIA, USA CANADA , SCANDINAVIA NATIONS EVEN INCLUDE ALL THE ARAB COUNTRYS, THINGS ARE ROSY THERE BETTER THAN NIGERIA.

NOW THE QUESTION IS THAT WHAT STATE OF LIFE U CONSIDER AS
ROSY.

LET SEE FOR OURSELVES, HERE ARE TWO PPLE LIVING IN DEFERENT NATION, MR A AND MR B.

LET SAY THAT MR A LIVE IN NIGERIA AND MR B LIVE IN SCANDINAVIA FINLAND IN PARTICULAR.

LET SAY MR WHO LIVE IN NIGERIA IN A WEALTHY MAN AND MR B WHO IS IN FINLAND IS MIDDLE CLASS OR EVEN A POOR MAN.

MR A HAS A POLE HOLE IN HIS HOUSE BUT HE CAN'T DRINK THE WATER STRAIGHT FROM THE WEEL.

MR B IS EVEN UNEMPLOYED MAN BUT WITH THINK ABOUT HOW HE LL SEND A NABOUR TO HELP HIM TO BUT BOTTLE WATER TO DRINK WHEN HE GOT HOME.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by denzel2009: 1:49pm On Aug 08, 2012
omooba-nla:
MY ANSWER FOR U POSTER IS THAT FOR PPLE LIVING IN EUROPE AUSTRALIA, USA CANADA , SCANDINAVIA NATIONS EVEN INCLUDE ALL THE ARAB COUNTRYS, THINGS ARE ROSY THERE BETTER THAN NIGERIA.

NOW THE QUESTION IS THAT WHAT STATE OF LIFE U CONSIDER AS
ROSY.

LET SEE FOR OURSELVES, HERE ARE TWO PPLE LIVING IN DEFERENT NATION, MR A AND MR B.

LET SAY THAT MR A LIVE IN NIGERIA AND MR B LIVE IN SCANDINAVIA FINLAND IN PARTICULAR.

LET SAY MR WHO LIVE IN NIGERIA IN A WEALTHY MAN AND MR B WHO IS IN FINLAND IS MIDDLE CLASS OR EVEN A POOR MAN.

MR A HAS A POLE HOLE IN HIS HOUSE BUT HE CAN'T DRINK THE WATER STRAIGHT FROM THE WEEL.

MR B IS EVEN UNEMPLOYED MAN BUT WITH THINK ABOUT HOW HE LL SEND A NABOUR TO HELP HIM TO BUT BOTTLE WATER TO DRINK WHEN HE GOT HOME.

Gibberish!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 08, 2012
Anyone that has FACTS should bring it forward and lets see for ourselves.

I spoke to one Ibo girl not long ago.

She went to a Nursing school in Iboland, Got to America in 2010 wthout Papers. Currently, She has built a house in her village. Story building with pent house at the back up to roofing

She has set his brother in business to the tune of 2m naira.

She has papers now, Works legally and she just turned 27 like 2 months ago.

She is doing quite well in America, drives a brand new car and she is planning to buy a house in US by next year
Ur Ibo girl is whoring in the US, imagine doing all that in just 2yrs. . .either u are lying or we have a pro slut. It's people like u who go spreading tales that makes others think the US is paved with gold. Are we not talking about the same US i know?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Afam4eva(m): 3:33pm On Aug 08, 2012
Aqva:
Ur Ibo girl is whoring in the US, imagine doing all that in just 2yrs. . .either u are lying or we have a pro slut. It's people like u who go spreading tales that makes others think the US is paved with gold. Are we not talking about the same US i know?
The same US where a 25 year old guy named Michael Zuckerberg is worth about 13 billion dollars. That you can't work as hard and achieve as much as other people are doing does not mean it's not possible.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 08, 2012
And what happens to them after residency?

I am sure pdude would give you first hand experience.

I have a friend who is a doctor, the guy was telling me maybe he would go on the street and start hustling cos the thing doesnt pay at all in Nigeria.

I know several Doctors who are now bankers due to poor conditions of living

I wonder the kind of circle u moved in while in Nigeria. Hungry men club.. grin.
Even my small cousin who graduated from med sch in 2010 is already pushing a brand new ride. Ur friend probably dropped out of med school and is deceiving u that he graduated. Docs in naija are doing very well right now. If PDude claims to have suffered as a doc in Naija then i put it to him that he flunked med school and was kicked out or a curse is following him.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2012
afam4eva:
The same US where a 25 year old guy named Michael Zuckerberg is worth about 13 billion dollars. That you can't work as hard and achieve as much as other people are doing does not mean it's not possible.

Stop being silly. Zuckerberg isn't an illegal immigrant working as a nurse. That girl is either a LovePeddler or a drug dealer. Not saying u can't make it but nothing good comes so fast and so easy especially for a black, illegal, female immigrant .
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Afam4eva(m): 3:57pm On Aug 08, 2012
Aqva:

Stop being silly. Zuckerberg isn't an illegal immigrant working as a nurse. That girl is either a LovePeddler or a drug dealer. Not saying u can't make it but nothing good comes so easy.
Nothing good comes easy, but it eventually comes to those who work extra smart and extra smart. You don't know what the lady has gone through to make it for herself and you're here calling someone you don't know a prostitutee. Dude, don't hate. Just work hard and maybe someday mother luck will smile on you.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2012
Aqva:

Stop being silly. Zuckerberg isn't an illegal immigrant working as a nurse. That girl is either a LovePeddler or a drug dealer. Not saying u can't make it but nothing good comes so fast and so easy especially for a black, illegal, female immigrant .

I believe the initial poster mentioned she has her papers so im guessing along the way she became legal. It's not entirely impossible. Nurses do make a lot of money. The only problem is that they work overtime A LOT. Nurses easily make 100 000 per annum with overtime so she doesn't have to be a LovePeddler to do well. The ones that actually are RNs even make more.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by occam(m): 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2012
kushe: Who read today's front page article of the guardian? It reads Nigerians bemoan rate of unemployment,seek action. I fall into the category of comfortable semi returnees but then make we no lie,what is the size of nigeria's privileged class. I once told someone to add all the plum jobs in the IOCs,telecomms,banking and allied financial services,Fast moving consumer goods sectors,the breweries and maybe international charities like the DFIDs and USAIDs of this world.Are those jobs,two million ? I seriously doubt it,yet 3.2 million people have been unleashed on the labour Market in 2010/2011.

Let me break it down for you,Nigeria's revenue is declining,foolishness and corruption is on the increase,our population is ballooning, infrastructure is decaying. Graduates cannot find work,hence the multiplier effect of their engagement is non existent meaning existing businesses will suffer the impact of lower anticipated revenues and to stay afloat,more jobs will have to be slashed and hence further shrinking of the economy.Brace up Nigeria, with these fools in government,Nigeria is simply to hell what a shower is before a dip in the pool.

Nowhere is immune to the meltdown but Nigeria's response is a classic calamity.Wonder why ritual killings and kidnappings are on the rise and for all my people,sitting pretty in 1004, Lekki , Ikoyi and all the posh estates scattered around the metropolis,how do you intend to enjoy your privileged status with so many hungry mouths around. We can live in gated communities, but we have house helps,nannies, cooks ,drivers,dispatch riders and cleaners at work. We can run,but we cant hide from this monster we have allowed the Nigerian government to create.

Bolded is very crucial for business planning. Even though Nigerian population is rising it does not translate to more opportunity to sell more stuff = more revenue. Well noted
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 08, 2012
hey we hv more of african american dudes commenting, wat happened 2our bros dem in turkey, kuwait, qatar, australia, malaysia etc or are they busy hustlin on the street, gat no time 2enlighten us about dia parols however guys i hav actually learnt few things on this, the hilarious insults inclusive lol
My ernest suggestion is dat God is the One Who gives us power,grace & wisdom 2make wealth. If u've been in 9ja & nothin seems 2work 4u, plz kindly try abroad & vice versa. I wil buttress my point wit a testimony, one my uncles, travelld abroad wit 3 of his frnds 2europe dose days, his frnds all made it except him then resorted in changing countries,toured the whole europe & south american in search of a greener pasture yet 2no avail, just like 2prodigal son in the Bible, 1day he decided 2return home empty handed after all d hustles & struggles, he came in, remained in Lag & nobody he was in town,his siblings believin dia is in obodo oyibo. Pathetic enof, he started as danfo conductor den later 2a danfo driver til he was able 2buy one danfo bus 4himself. dat was how ventured into pure water business,infact he is among the pioneers of the water in lag dose days, as i write, he is a multi milionaire wit factories across d nation, he now does table/bottle water dispenser even tanker supplys, today he is a role model 2many young pple. Dis som1 who has successfully wandered round d globe...a danfo conductor...lol
LESSON 101, plz dont b ashamed 2com bak home or change location, swallow ur pride, dnt give a damn about wat pple wud says besides they wil neva eva care 2help, wat matters is the result or end point. Plz dont stagnant in one place where things aint working 4u regardless ur guys are flourishin dia.
2crown it all, have confidence in God coz destiny has alot of role 2play in our lives, yes! joseph in the Bible made in it in a foreign land likewise oda dudes in the Bible made it in dia homeland.
TRUST IN GOD
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by dayokanu(m): 4:22pm On Aug 08, 2012
A-town:

I believe the initial poster mentioned she has her papers so im guessing along the way she became legal. It's not entirely impossible. Nurses do make a lot of money. The only problem is that they work overtime A LOT. Nurses easily make 100 000 per annum with overtime so she doesn't have to be a LovePeddler to do well. The ones that actually are RNs even make more.

leave them and let them continue to wallow in their ignorance

dayokanu: You mean someone I know very well? in 2011 alone she made 115k a year . Thats like 18.4m Per annum

She came in 2010 and arranged her papers, Started working and made about 115k in 2011.

Let them continue to wallow in their ignorance. Prostitution is even illegal in US, if you think prostitutes would make 100k a yr, then you must be on a very long thing

I have another friend used to work in a very big IB in Nigeria came here in 2010 for his MBA in one of the best schools in the world. Completed this summer. His first job at a hedge fund he is making 160k before bonus
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by kokoye(m): 4:39pm On Aug 08, 2012
This thread was created solely to bash people outside of Nigeria. I wonder why.

Is it a crime to choose to live elsewhere?

Some bash on you because you live outside of naija while you are here working hard to take care of your family both here and back home in Naija.

The funny thing is if you say you want to move back home, the same exact people will start beefing you..saying you shouldnt expect you can use your 'fake degree and phonetics' to get jobs when you return.

I wonder what we really want.

HATE for your fellow man.

No wonder it is difficult to grow and advance in life.

Cant we all just get along??

Life is not a bed of roses anywhere. We have to try to work hard and with God our our side, there is hope.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply)

A Sinkhole Along The Kaduna-Zaria Expressway (Photos) / Ghastly Accident Along Jos-bauchi Road - Warning Graphic Photos / Nigerian Women Quarrel On The Street Of London (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.