Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,412 members, 7,836,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? (58196 Views)

Poll: Is it advisable for a woman to share her past with her man?

Yes - honesty is beneficial: 63% (101 votes)
No - most men can't handle it: 36% (57 votes)
This poll has ended

Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? / How Can A Man Know That He Is Good At Bed? / God Exposed My Girlfriend's Past And Present When She Went For Youth Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by mlawal: 1:30pm On Jan 25, 2008
if it's health wise YES! why not?.men are vey jealous!!! when it's comes to dat,especially when they are truely in love.when a man knows ur past ,that man will use its against u(as in yab you) make u regret why u told him about ur past.
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by squirrel20(f): 7:08pm On Feb 06, 2008
IF THE MAN WANTS TO KNOW, THEN HE CAN ASK HIS WIFE BUT I DON'T THINK IT IS NECESSARY THE WIFE STARTS TELLING HIM ABOUT ALL THE THINGS SHE HAS DONE IN THE PAST COS AT THE END OF THE DAY THE MAN/HUSBAND WOULD HAVE DONE OTHER THINGS IN THE PAST AS WELL, EVEN IF HE HEARS IT FROM SOMEONE ELSE, I DON'T THINK HE HAS ANY RIGHT TO GET UPSET COS EVERYTHING HAPPENED IN THE PAST BEFORE THEY GOT MARRIED.
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by yemivictor: 10:18am On Feb 07, 2008
squirrel20:

IF THE MAN WANTS TO KNOW, THEN HE CAN ASK HIS WIFE BUT I DON'T THINK IT IS NECESSARY THE WIFE STARTS TELLING HIM ABOUT ALL THE THINGS SHE HAS DONE IN THE PAST COS AT THE END OF THE DAY THE MAN/HUSBAND WOULD HAVE DONE OTHER THINGS IN THE PAST AS WELL, EVEN IF HE HEARS IT FROM SOMEONE ELSE, I DON'T THINK HE HAS ANY RIGHT TO GET UPSET COS EVERYTHING HAPPENED IN THE PAST BEFORE THEY GOT MARRIED.

Crap!!! angry
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by squirrel20(f): 11:52am On Feb 07, 2008
yemivictor:

Crap!!!  angry

ALL YOU'VE SAID IS CRAP, SAY SOMETHING BETTER THAT IS IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY.
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by kingsikaz(m): 4:23pm On Feb 07, 2008
true relationship should be base on the foundation of trust and sincerity. both parties must be open-minded. a relationship in which either of of the parties has closed mind is heading to the grave.

genuiness is the word.

both parties must know each other secrets though nothing is secret on earth.

they shouldn't be ignorant of past issues about their lives.

you might say it doesn't matter . mind you what doesn't matter today will later be the matters-arising!

dont be a stranger !
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by yemivictor: 11:49am On Feb 08, 2008
squirrel20:

ALL YOU'VE SAID IS CRAP, SAY SOMETHING BETTER THAT IS IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY.

NEED I SAY MORE!!!

You see! This is what happens when people just stumble on a thread and post, just for the sake of posting without carefully reading through the pages!

Go through the pages and you'd see my numerous contributions!

And if you're mentally lazy to do that, just read the post right after the last one you posted!

If it'll make any sense to you . . . that is! cool
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by squirrel20(f): 6:12pm On Feb 08, 2008
yemivictor:

NEED I SAY MORE!!!

You see! This is what happens when people just stumble on a thread and post, just for the sake of posting without carefully reading through the pages!

Go through the pages and you'd see my numerous contributions!

And if you're mentally lazy to do that, just read the post right after the last one you posted!

If it'll make any sense to you . . . that is! cool

ALL I CAN SAY IS YOU NEED HELP.
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by ruudgal: 12:05am On Feb 09, 2008
i still find it amazing that men beleive their pasts can be forgiven and well ladies, subject to contemplation,

a player who has dated and used other girls suddenly claims redemption and says i want to settle down, she accepts and she;s OK,

she says, i have dated laods of men, i've done this, done that, and the guy immediately thinks, she's going to do the same thing to me, or damn, how do i compete witha ll these shadows in her past/////////////////

if a guy killed or robbed, hed expect his chic to stick by him,,

why cant females be given that same loop hole, we cant all be perfect wives or husbands, Show me a poerosn who doesnt have a past and i'll show u someone who has not yet been born,

Dont be judgemental about your girl, its good to know about the past, that way, nothign anyone says can shock u, wher eu should have cause for concern is if she speaks about ti with so much pride and arrogance as opposed to someone who is repentant,

Then you can question how far your willing to go in the relationship,

Anyother reason for being judgemental is just not acceptable,
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by michelin: 2:49am On Feb 09, 2008
If a woman is faithful to his man so i dont see any reason why she should not shear her past with her man. And on the other side, a man should always tke it as a thing of past and should not take it as a thing of consideration becouse it has becomes a thing of past.
That is my own idea.
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by treadstone(m): 5:05am On Feb 09, 2008
it is just like beating around the bush.the only thing you have to know about your future wife is her origination.every other thing is irrelevant.because you might faint when you hear from inquiry that she was formerly a red street light agent.be specific,go for gold.
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by almondjoy(f): 5:29am On Feb 09, 2008
treadstone:

it is just like beating around the bush.the only thing you have to know about your future wife is her origination.every other thing is irrelevant[b].because you might faint when you hear from inquiry that she was formerly a red street light agent.be specific,go for gold.[/b]

Boy. I am so glad I left out a lot of details----Sorry Mr. Almondo--don't want to know yours either. Just keep paying the bills.  That is the only thing that concerns us. People just use things against you when they are mad at you.

God forbid!--The magic of the Nigerian loose tongue.  The most glorious of gossips! cry

michelin:

If a woman is faithful to his man so i don't see any reason why she should not shear her past with her man. And on the other side, a man should always tke it as a thing of past and should not take it as a thing of consideration becouse it has becomes a thing of past.   That is my own idea.

Sure!  Looks good on paper! kiss
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by shuppie(f): 3:09pm On Jun 12, 2008
@ sienna ,  i agree with u,  whatever happened in the past should stay in the past. we are human beings, and we re meant to make mistakes,  unless a woman was into prostitution, carrying aristo, participated in a sex orgy, or had been involved in a swing, anything apart from these. and people should not be judged by the mistakes they made, but by the goodness in them which they can show to others, it's as simple as that. if the man insists, and if he feels he can handle the truth, then goodluck to them.
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by kingsikaz(m): 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2008
i fink there's need for d couple to sit down n discuss their past with positive n lovin mindset( not for condemnation). they need to iron-out those things DONE IN D DARK for there's no such thing as SECRET for SECRET (itself) IS EVEN LOOKING FOR a hidding place from generation2generation.

everythin matters when it comes to marriage for "True marriage is based on the foundation of Trust, sincerity,honesty and openess of heart"

what seems doesn't matter will later becomes the matters-arising!
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by folly69(m): 1:38pm On Jun 13, 2008
Really i think a man should know his womans past only if he can handle it and he truly loves her e.g real life scenario a girl told her boyfriend about her past ,she got drunk once and two guys she took as friends had thier way with her while she was unconcious as they say its a small world afterall one of those guys happened to b the boyfriends younger brothers friend well since the guy already knew what happened the culprit wanted to slander her but her boyfriend shut him up made him to apologize to her for what him and his friend did.So i personally think its rite for a guy to know about his girls past provided he loves her truly and can handle it. wink
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by buzyDiva(f): 1:38pm On Jun 13, 2008
What u don't know won't kill u!!!
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by yemivictor: 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2008
buzyDiva:

What u don't know won't kill u!!!

That is a lie from the pit of hell!!! shocked
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by yemivictor: 2:04pm On Jun 13, 2008
There's no greater disease than ignorance . . . . .
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by bdaf(m): 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2008
knowig each others past helps
one to understand certain situations, such when a boy/girl friend from the past wants to mess up one's present relationship.

by knowing b4 hand, situation will b put under check becos of
knowledge of the past.

also, it helps one to make corrections
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by MyAfriplac: 1:20am On Jun 21, 2008
leave the past behind but as one writer said it is important to know if there are any significant health issues. other than that leave her ex's or his ex's in the past. Bringing them up will create ghosts

www.Myafriplace.com
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by galatico(m): 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2008
It doesn't matter al that matters it when you meet you turn a new leaf, Let the past be gone what matters is the future,
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by Chat2MeBac(f): 6:53am On Jun 22, 2008
@topic
As long as he is willing to share his( and the truthful version) Why not??
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by MrCrackles(m): 12:37pm On Sep 22, 2008
what is there to gain by knowing about someone's past?!
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by ceasyc(f): 10:16pm On Sep 22, 2008
its a no no!! they (men) just cant handle it
talking from experience

dont start getting ideas oh
i didnt do nutin wrong - well so i tot
just told him wat happened
during my childhood/wen i waz a child
he went bonkers, asked me 2 revenge (horrible type)
i didnt so he made my secret/past public
& ended marriage

he was my hubby 4 pete's sake!
just some1 2 talk to (sort of therapeutic)
& i tot past was past
1 or 2 guys i told after marriage ended
did not react like he did & i was only dating dem

well different ppl react to d same tin differently
so it depends
but u cant read minds and no who will
take it well or not
so its best not to

i've moved on now - thx 2 God
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by ula(f): 11:09am On Sep 23, 2008
i dont think so. most guys wont be able 2 handle it. 4 heavens sake, can u as a woman tell a man the number of men uve dated or the things u did in the relationship? it takes a great deal of maturity 2 handle knowing one's past.
if its a situation like having a baby, that can b told because it will always be known some day but any other thing shouldnt.

when i was in final yr in the university, i told my boyfriend at the time my past. he couldnt handle it. we dated 4 a semester and he broke it off, said he couldnt get it out of his mind. his friends even asked why i told him. they advised i dont tell anything about my past becos a lot of guys cant handle it. so i learnt.

whats important is the present and the future.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by yemivictor: 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2008
When you girls keep saying a guy can't handle knowing about your past!

I keep wondering if you screwed 2 guys @ the same time or what!? undecided
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by Maykelly(f): 11:02am On Oct 06, 2008
Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past?
Yes. It is very important that a man should know the past of his wife ( or intending to marry). It is good for the man or the woman to kn each other past so that outsiders will not tell them some part of their past lives.
This should based on the truth.
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by 4Play(m): 3:18am On Jan 02, 2009
@Topic

Of course! I want to know who she ever slept with, where and when. grin What if it is an enemy of mine or a rival? shocked
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by TOYOSI20(f): 3:23am On Jan 02, 2009
@ Topic

Whatever it is that is revlevant needs to be told but aside from that keep your mouth shut. . . . .  wink

it ain't worth it at all, raising unnecessary dust for nothing,  undecided
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by martho(m): 10:01am On Jan 02, 2009
May kelly:

Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past?
Yes. It is very important that a man should know the past of his wife ( or intending to marry). It is good for the man or the woman to kn each other past so that outsiders will not tell them some part of their past lives.
This should based on the truth.
very correct,
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by Derison: 2:43pm On Jan 12, 2009
I think its important, instead of u living with the fear or shame that your Boyfriend/girlfriend might not like u as much if she knew, if they cant handle it then know that u will find someone who will. That's my own 2 cents.
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by Feelitx(m): 3:39pm On Jan 12, 2009
Gentlemen: Happiness in this world comes from knowing less.
Re: Should A Man Know His Wife Or Girlfriend's Past? by djcrucifix(m): 4:07pm On Jan 12, 2009
i believe a relationship is meant to be open and full of trust so it's necessary for two partners to know bout each other's pasts or misdeeds. besides if they really love and care bout each other, then they should be able to forgive and move on, and that will in-turn improve their relationship. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Couple Take Their Pre-wedding Photos To The Pharmacy / Naija Sex Story: My Night Sex With The Store Attendant / Zambian Man Catches Wife With Another Man 4 Months After Giving Birth. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.