Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland (8539 Views)

Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News / FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway / FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland by lookmangiw(m): 6:17pm On Aug 07, 2012
dedeike:
What is misleading about the post? How else would the govt start the clean up if not the setting up of HYPREP?
It is HYPREP that will carry out the implementation of the project. You can't hold an Olympics with an IOC local organizing committee. You can't start EPL Without the FA.
The UN knows this much hence the immediate commendation of GEJ's move.
Those who also want to insinuate that this latest move was borne out of fear for the kangaroo declaration of Ogoni state last weekend should draw their eyes to the second paragraph of the above report.
That paragraph clearly states that GEJ had already given approval since last week far before the Ogoni declaration.
We must appreciate that this govt is pro active and we are witnessing the best ever Petroluem minister in history.
shocked
dedeike:
What is misleading about the post? How else would the govt start the clean up if not the setting up of HYPREP?
It is HYPREP that will carry out the implementation of the project. You can't hold an Olympics with an IOC local organizing committee. You can't start EPL Without the FA.
The UN knows this much hence the immediate commendation of GEJ's move.
Those who also want to insinuate that this latest move was borne out of fear for the kangaroo declaration of Ogoni state last weekend should draw their eyes to the second paragraph of the above report.
That paragraph clearly states that GEJ had already given approval since last week far before the Ogoni declaration.
We must appreciate that this govt is pro active and we are witnessing the best ever Petroluem minister in history.
did i just hear you call diezani madueke the best petroleum minister in nigeria's history. You must be high on the cheapest of weed.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland by proudlyafrican(m): 7:12pm On Aug 07, 2012
Beaf:

This is just daft.
The very first paragraph of the article says that the FG is implementing the UNEP report. angry
Why can't some Nigerians bother to read?
Here it is again:
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/federal-govt-begins-clean-up-of-ogoniland/121749/

I guess you have a problem with comprehension.Now go back to my submission,at no time did i say that the Federal Government is not implementing the UNEP report but when did they start it`s implementation? One year after the report and not till the declaration of political autonomy by the Ogoni people having been frustrated by the nonchalant attitude of the PDP Government led by a fisherman`s son,sorry Dr.of animals.I know you follow the political trend very well,FG your paymasters are yet to comment on the declaration (i stand to be corrected) but hurriedly trying to clean up the Ogoni land with hope that they can deceive the people.My gross is why did it take an Ijaw man who understands what his Ogoni brothers have gone through and are still going through due to the damage of oil exploration on their land and source of livelihood this long to start implementing the report. Why did they have to wait till the Ogoni people have become frustrated and wants to disassociate themselves from this entity called Nigeria? Now,you will understand that the President intent and the rush in implementing the report is not only questionable but laughable because they will never clean up the Ogoni land.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland by Demdem(m): 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2012
Kobojunkie: Begins? Begins? um . . . only about 2 or 3 days ago, there was a report on Aljazeera suggesting no such thing taking place. Our journalists should please do a better job. No more lies for the administration. The topic should be on hold till when the clean-up does begin.

i dont need a journalist at all. i am on ground gidigba and i can tell u authoritatively that there is nothing on ground to suggest that govt has commence the implementation. I think what the govt means is that the clean-up will commence from Abuja, we are still waiting though.
Re: FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland by francisca5: 7:25pm On Aug 07, 2012
Trust federal government of nigeria.they will clean up half way and abandon d project oo. Ogoni's don't be fooled oo.
Re: FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland by dedeike: 8:27pm On Aug 07, 2012
lookmangiw: :odid i just hear you call diezani madueke the best petroleum minister in nigeria's history. You must be high on the cheapest of weed.
You heard me right. DIEZANI ALLISON MADUEKE has proven to be the best minister of Petroluem in Nigeria's history.
She is the first minister to improve our local content in the crude export market.
She is the first minister to open up NNPC and oil sector to public scrutiny. Under her watch, govt set up the AIG committe probe which has duly submitted its report and provided the much needed grounds for the ongoing trial of subsidy thieves.
She invited the anti corruption czar and fearless Ribadu to oversee our oil revenue profile. Which minister has ever or will ever take this bold step?
She is the first Minister to prosecute oil thieves and cabal in Nigeria.
She is presently rehabilitating our refineries and some will be due by November.
She is also reviving ailing depots like the Aba depot which was grounded since 10 years ago.
She is spearheading several PPP initiatives with private investors like Vulcan for building of more refineries in Nigeria.
She is the first minister to formulate a comprehensive and revolutionary PIB for passage by the National Assembly.

Please I challenge everyone to come out with a better performance of an oil minister in the history of Nigeria. This is just one year. More are still in the pipeline.
Re: FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland by Beaf: 8:49pm On Aug 07, 2012
proudlyafrican: [/b]

I guess you have a problem with comprehension.Now go back to my submission,at no time did i say that the Federal Government is not implementing the UNEP report but when did they start it`s implementation? One year after the report and not till the declaration of political autonomy by the Ogoni people having been frustrated by the nonchalant attitude of the PDP Government led by a fisherman`s son,sorry Dr.of animals.I know you follow the political trend very well,FG your paymasters are yet to comment on the declaration (i stand to be corrected) but hurriedly trying to clean up the Ogoni land with hope that they can deceive the people.My gross is why did it take an Ijaw man who understands what his Ogoni brothers have gone through and are still going through due to the damage of oil exploration on their land and source of livelihood this long to start implementing the report. Why did they have to wait till the Ogoni people have become frustrated and wants to disassociate themselves from this entity called Nigeria? Now,you will understand that the President intent and the rush in implementing the report is not only questionable but laughable because they will never clean up the Ogoni land.

Again, you are daft, bro. No need for loooooooong worthless stories to cover up the shame of your being exposed as a liar.
The FG is implementing the UNEP report, which you lied that it wasn't; only a mental cripple and moral maggot would argue against stuff that is written in black and white. Where did you learn to lie so shamelessly?
Here is the very first line of the article again:

After suffering delays caused by the January protests over the fuel subsidy removal, the Federal Government Monday announced that it has commenced the implementation of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) report on the clean-up of Ogoniland, damaged by years of oil exploration.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/federal-govt-begins-clean-up-of-ogoniland/121749/

Surely, you ain't blind, bro. It is written there, "UNEP." UNEPuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!
Not only is the FG implementing the UNEP report, it was signed into law long before the Ogoni declaration (easy to suss from the article)... But, we already know that, just like a thief, you hate reading, thinking or telling the truth.

How does it feel to be such a resounding dunce, bruv? Doesn't it give you a headache? embarassed
Re: FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland by blacksta(m): 9:07pm On Aug 07, 2012
Lies upon lies, wake me when the first cleaning boat arrives, Ogoni people please don't be deceived by this useless tactics
Re: FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland by stpat1(m): 9:46pm On Aug 07, 2012
This GEJ doesn't just know his right from his left. he's too confused for my liking. He doesn't what to do at the right time. so its because Ogoni land declared independence that he's trying to hurriedly doing all these eye service that will never see the light of the day. I just dislike the guy too much.
Re: FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland by jenny2007(f): 10:24pm On Aug 07, 2012
the.game:
e go be like film-trick for your eyes when biafra go do their own and government no go answer them

Because they don't take Ndigbo serious which is very sad. However, igbos need someone to do an ojukwu's biafra again, oil or not, the FG will look our way like ogoni people.
Re: FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland by brownlord: 10:26pm On Aug 07, 2012
stpat1: This GEJ doesn't just know his right from his left. he's too confused for my liking. He doesn't what to do at the right time. so its because Ogoni land declared independence that he's trying to hurriedly doing all these eye service that will never see the light of the day. I just dislike the guy too much.

I understand u bro, but next time try and write in english for others to comprehend, we do not understand portugueese in this forum
Re: FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland by alonso2214(m): 10:55pm On Aug 07, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^And they deserve much more if you ask me. Nigeria and certain greedy/corrupt individuals have made tens of billions of $$$$$ from their land, and all Ogonians have to show for it is pollution, sickness, underdevelopment, decimation of their peoples through state sponsored terrorism, and all round sufferness.

No world class city or infrastructure in their land for all the oil wealth that has been derived from it, so $1 billion is nothing.
gbam na so ebi useless leadership
Re: FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland by dayokanu(m): 12:51am On Aug 08, 2012
So if dem no declare independence, The govt of Retardeen wont remember them
Re: FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland by YorubaOmoge: 1:13am On Aug 08, 2012
I hope they're ready for the 30 years worth of clean-up.
Re: FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland by lookmangiw(m): 6:58am On Aug 08, 2012
dedeike:
You heard me right. DIEZANI ALLISON MADUEKE has proven to be the best minister of Petroluem in Nigeria's history.
She is the first minister to improve our local content in the crude export market.
She is the first minister to open up NNPC and oil sector to public scrutiny. Under her watch, govt set up the AIG committe probe which has duly submitted its report and provided the much needed grounds for the ongoing trial of subsidy thieves.
She invited the anti corruption czar and fearless Ribadu to oversee our oil revenue profile. Which minister has ever or will ever take this bold step?
She is the first Minister to prosecute oil thieves and cabal in Nigeria.
She is presently rehabilitating our refineries and some will be due by November.
She is also reviving ailing depots like the Aba depot which was grounded since 10 years ago.
She is spearheading several PPP initiatives with private investors like Vulcan for building of more refineries in Nigeria.
She is the first minister to formulate a comprehensive and revolutionary PIB for passage by the National Assembly.

Please I challenge everyone to come out with a better performance of an oil minister in the history of Nigeria. This is just one year. More are still in the pipeline.
you members of 40 laptops squad dont always fail to amazed me. Under this your super HERO, the country was defrauded of oil subsidy fund to the tune of #2.6 trillion, yet you still claim that she is the best oil minister in the history of the country. Please, how much did you sell your conscience? Answer me. I'm begging
Re: FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland by fortyfeet(m): 7:39am On Aug 08, 2012
LETS WATCH THE SCRIPT PLAY OUT. HA HAHAHAHA!
Re: FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland by Demdem(m): 8:07am On Aug 08, 2012
Demdem:

i dont need a journalist at all. i am on ground gidigba and i can tell u authoritatively that there is nothing on ground to suggest that govt has commence the implementation. I think what the govt means is that the clean-up will commence from Abuja, we are still waiting though.

For the second time, i am bold to say that the govt headed by the Retardeen is lying. Nothing is going on on ground. The clean-up is just on the pages on newspapers at least till date. i challenge the govt and their cohorts here on NL to give us pictures, yes pictures of work presently going on in Ogoniland. if truly there is, am sure the govt will be proud to reveal such. we have BP spill clean up pictures, where is the one for Ogoniland clean-up
Nigerians, dont be deceived

Re: FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland by deb(m): 4:40am On Aug 09, 2012
Reactive government. Always needing threats, violence or ransom to wake up to any responsiblity. Shameless set of rulers not worthy to be called leaders.

What if the Ogoni people did not declare their own indepence? I guess the siddon dey look would have continued. Clueless set of rulers
Re: FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland by barikagbogreat(m): 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2022
please govt say lies what have they done so far

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Clean-up Of Ogoniland by kenny714433(m): 12:53pm On Dec 22, 2022
Government of lies and deceit

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy And Exchange Rate / Three Bombs Uncovered At Bayero University , Kano / Multiple Suicide Bombing Reported Around Muna Garage In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.