Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Vista Versus Xp - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Vista Versus Xp (876 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vista Versus Xp by saintade01(m): 12:20pm On Dec 18, 2007
xp has some features i think vista dont have. what do you think about vista
Re: Vista Versus Xp by anusule(m): 5:01pm On Dec 18, 2007
Re: Vista Versus Xp by lynxnoon(m): 1:31am On Dec 19, 2007
saintade01:

xp has some features i think vista don't have. what do you think about vista
angryCRAP angry
XP beta jo , or yet still UBUNTU grin grin grin
Re: Vista Versus Xp by ThePhantom(m): 11:28am On Dec 20, 2007
Xp is better now.  Vista still has a bunch of bugs in it. I will wait a Year more before switching. Give em time to fix  the bugs.
Re: Vista Versus Xp by Ivvie: 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2007
Vista is a complete apology. If you are keeping to details, you'd discover that Vista is microsoft's biggest loss. If you are into Operating Systems, you'd clearly understand that Vista is XP in a fancy looking dress.
Re: Vista Versus Xp by akinsmojo: 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2007
i really agree with u about the VISTA SOFTWARE.i tried to upgrade my system only to discover that i wasn't able to play all the music i saved initially again.it caused me a lot of embarrassment
Re: Vista Versus Xp by Ivvie: 9:10pm On Dec 21, 2007
M$ did a bad job making a Windows version of MAC OS X.
Re: Vista Versus Xp by megakadgra(m): 11:49pm On Dec 21, 2007
i ll not take everyones opinion as a kill for it,,,
i think maybe lookin on the bright side vista's cool

if u can run it, then u no it runs programs faster than XP,
its quite smart in its decisions giving u better options than Xp does,

everybody complains of compatibility,, but Vista's backward compatibility option is far more effective than that of XP,,

and lets not forget  that people once said that  Win98 waz better than XP,,,

why not letz give it a chance!!!
Re: Vista Versus Xp by Ivvie: 12:53am On Dec 22, 2007
megakadgra:

i ll not take everyones opinion as a kill for it,,,
i think maybe lookin on the bright side vista's cool

if u can run it, then u no it runs programs faster than XP,
its quite smart in its decisions giving u better options than Xp does,

everybody complains of compatibility,, but Vista's backward compatibility option is far more effective than that of XP,,

and lets not forget that people once said that Win98 waz better than XP,,,

why not letz give it a chance!!!

Have you run Vista or currently a user?! I doubt you are - saying Vista is faster than XP. It's complicated, a hog in resources and a categorical nonsense from an OS point of view. I downgraded to XP and for a notebook with a 3600 FSB, it's blazing fast. You need a powerful machine to run Vista and most computers aren't Vista ready. Worse, programs designated for Vista only sometimes give you the error message that program isn't compatible with XP but Vista. Meaning, a coated XP! The best to date is Windows 2000 but many aren't savvy enough to handle the 2000 NT. May not be as fast but stable.

Windows 98 2nd Edition is better than XP. XP is based on Windows 2000 NT technology and multimedia biased. I am yet to find a major corporation running on XP. It's Windows 2000. This is due to stability and security. Exxon partly runs on Windows 98 Corporate and recently switched to Windows 2000.

Try running mechanical analysis/simulations on Vista. You'd experience frequent screen of deaths (if vista ready).
Re: Vista Versus Xp by megakadgra(m): 1:38pm On Dec 25, 2007
iam currently runnin d ultimate version of vista,,, my words were if u can run it, then 'it runs programs faster' nd 'not run faster', it manages its cache better than xp does, is logon process is smart, it make networking so easy with so much views and support.

it also can by default without a third party software configure a wireless ad-hoc network which no service pack in xp cannot give,,
with an inbuilt power management scheme for laps' which just cant be compared to d later.

n i bet u've seen the GUI, u dont need 1 rubbish tuneup or style that makes using inefficient,

there has been updates to patch bugs which really works ,,,
so whatz do fuss---- or maybe u guyz need a training on how to go about the use!!!
Re: Vista Versus Xp by anusule(m): 4:29pm On Dec 25, 2007
megakadgra:

iam currently runnin d ultimate version of vista,,, my words were if u can run it, then 'it runs programs faster' nd 'not run faster', it manages its cache better than xp does, is logon process is smart, it make networking so easy with so much views and support.

it also can by default without a third party software configure a wireless ad-hoc network which no service pack in xp cannot give,,
with an inbuilt power management scheme for laps' which just can't be compared to d later.

n i bet u've seen the GUI, u don't need 1 rubbish tuneup or style that makes using inefficient,

there has been updates to patch bugs which really works ,,,
so whatz do fuss---- or maybe u guys need a training on how to go about the use!!!

tell them, i think later on, they would have no choice but move on to vista. grin
Re: Vista Versus Xp by kaylala(m): 8:31pm On Dec 25, 2007
I use Xp but alot of my colleagues that uses Vista complains and they are changing to Xp.

For example,some laptops using Vista don't integrate seamlessly with Starcomm EVDO and some other programs.
Re: Vista Versus Xp by topeteadr(m): 11:46pm On Dec 25, 2007
What u guys don't get is that current version of vista avialable is just the demo version.
And if u dont have a very good or an internet connection, then u problably wuld hv problems with ur vista.
This is because vista programs needs updates on a regular basis. So imagine if u dont download the updates and upgrade neccessary programs that are supposed to be updated, then u sure wuld hv problems. Well microsoft hs seen the bug report and is working very hard to release the full version that has all the neccessary programs updated once u install it. So guys downgrade back to xp and wait 4 the full version of ''MICROSOFT VISTA''. And merry christmas to u all.
Re: Vista Versus Xp by topeteadr(m): 11:52pm On Dec 25, 2007
And guys, stop spitting crap. Windows 98 ain't beta dan xp. Only that 98 is rugged and durable.
But xp is the don of microsoft.

And guys for u to xperience a pleasurable time wit ur pc, just upgrade from win 98se to 'ME' then to '2000' then to 'XP'.
The last time my system crashed was 4 yrs ago. * no listen to wetin him dey talk oh!, na lie him don 4mat nd reload him system 3 times dis mth.*
Re: Vista Versus Xp by Ivvie: 1:48am On Dec 26, 2007
tope_teadr:

And guys, stop spitting crap. Windows 98 ain't beta dan xp. Only that 98 is rugged and durable.
But xp is the don of microsoft.

And guys for u to xperience a pleasurable time wit your pc, just upgrade from win 98se to 'ME' then to '2000' then to 'XP'.
The last time my system crashed was 4 years ago. * no listen to wetin him dey talk oh!, na lie him don 4mat nd reload him system 3 times this mth.*

The stable of all is Windows 2000. It's only slower than XP. That is why companies still stick to it. Sure enough, it's coming of age but it's the ideal IT OS.
Re: Vista Versus Xp by topeteadr(m): 1:39pm On Dec 26, 2007
The best os 2 use as a server to client is window xp server (edition). Just saw it yesterday.
Re: Vista Versus Xp by anusule(m): 11:07pm On Dec 26, 2007
tope_teadr:

What u guys don't get is that current version of vista avialable is just the demo version.
And if u don't have a very good or an internet connection, then u problably wuld hv problems with your vista.
This is because vista programs needs updates on a regular basis. So imagine if u don't download the updates and upgrade neccessary programs that are supposed to be updated, then u sure wuld hv problems. Well microsoft hs seen the bug report and is working very hard to release the full version that has all the neccessary programs updated once u install it. So guys downgrade back to xp and wait for the full version of ''MICROSOFT VISTA''. And merry christmas to u all.
what do you mean when you say ''full version'', undecided lipsrsealed you also talked about demo version, lipsrsealed what are you trin to say?
i did not get you, grin come again
Re: Vista Versus Xp by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 27, 2007
If not for any other reason, XP has a better user interface.
Easily understandable n for this vista thing, you need to look into a book for most of the features which microsoft deliberately decided to alter thereby making vista OS look complicated in an attempt to deceive users. As if we don't already know that Vista is XP in a mask.
don't be deceived, XP is still the best.
Merry Xmas n Happy New Yr in Advance to all Nairalanders.
Re: Vista Versus Xp by paribus(m): 1:42pm On Dec 27, 2007
Ivvie:

Windows 98 2nd Edition is better than XP. XP is based on Windows 2000 NT technology and multimedia biased. I am yet to find a major corporation running on XP. It's Windows 2000. This is due to stability and security. Exxon partly runs on Windows 98 Corporate and recently switched to Windows 2000.

Ivvie:

The stable of all is Windows 2000. It's only slower than XP. That is why companies still stick to it. Sure enough, it's coming of age but it's the ideal IT OS.

@Ivie
Are you basing your observation on Exxon IT infrastructure alone?. Most forward thinking organisations have moved on from Windows 2000 ages ago. The few organisations still out there on windows 2000 are most likely not hanging on to it because of stability - but rather costs and feasibility of migration.  For companies with a user base running into thousands or tens of thousands, upgrading to XP is a major expenditure that goes beyond just buying licenses and scheduling deployment. Application compatibility needs to be thoroughly tested, staff needs to be trained, tech support needs to be available etc.

I've supported Windows NT4, 2000 for many years and i'll say their stability are nowhere compared to that of Windows XP. While i can't comment much on Vista at the moment having not used it long enough to make any meaningful tech observations, i'll surely say Windows 2000 is definitely not the best Windows OS out there. Regards

(1) (Reply)

For The Gurus Only- Help Needed! / I Need A Laptop / I Need A Laptop Badly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.