Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,920 members, 7,821,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims (13220 Views)

What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? / Saudi Arabia Detains 400 Nigerian Female Hajj Pilgrims / Kano Hisbah Board Nabs 20 For Refusing To Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by gramci: 8:39am On Aug 08, 2012
About 20 persons arrested by Kano State Hisbah Board for deliberately refusing to fast during the ongoing Ramadan period would be held in detention for three days until they learn how to fast, the Acting Commander General of the board, Barrister Labahani Usman, told reporters yesterday.
Personnel of the Hisbah Board have been conducting raids around Kano city aimed at arresting Muslims who intentionally refused to observe fasting since the month of Ramadan commenced almost 20days ago.
The offenders who included women had been arrested in various hot spots across the metropolis by the plain cloth personnel of the Hisbah command.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/08/kano-state-hisbah-board-arrests-20.html
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 08, 2012
Is it a must what if they have health challenges

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by qualified(f): 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2012
How many people have they arrested because they killed innocent and defenceless people?

3 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Yeske2(m): 12:13pm On Aug 08, 2012
I guess that's their only way of curtailing the excesses of Boko Haram and reducing poverty, poor mentality will continue to delude them.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by ojofu(m): 12:55pm On Aug 08, 2012
this by force religion na wah!

4 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Kobojunkie: 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2012
NO, give em Stata Police . . . . Hisbah with guns and see grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Afam4eva(m): 3:59pm On Aug 08, 2012
This is the reason why people have negative things to say about Islam. How can you arrest people for living their lives the way they want it. I also find it hard to believe that whichever law they used to arrest those people overides the law of the federal republic of Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by 76Naira(m): 4:00pm On Aug 08, 2012
Religion by force.
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by miteolu(m): 4:01pm On Aug 08, 2012
This should be joke of the week. Islam is not a must. Religion is not a way to heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 08, 2012
Is it just me, or does Hisbah sound awfully close to Hezbollah(?)?

6 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Nwoka(m): 4:02pm On Aug 08, 2012
How e consign me
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by executinal(m): 4:04pm On Aug 08, 2012
This is like leader of church forcing you to go Church grin grin grin grin grin
Na by force??

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Rawkey(m): 4:06pm On Aug 08, 2012
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by revomind(m): 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2012
So the Hisbah board in Kano can detain people. Yet the 19 northern governors are against state police.

10 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by miteolu(m): 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2012
Nwoka: How e consign me

For you to contribute by "How e consign me" means it concerned you if not you wont have typed jargons

2 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by obowunmi(m): 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2012
Na wa....I think all Muslims should have a peaceful protest in Borno, Kano, and Kogi...Islam doesn't sound like a religion of peace. Fight, fight, fight...why won't you let imaginary Allah (SWE) fight your battles for you.
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Sholexyz(m): 4:09pm On Aug 08, 2012
Only God or Allah knows who is truly serving him, why force ppl 2 fast
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by jossysage: 4:09pm On Aug 08, 2012
Na wa for this so called islam,na by force person dey fast.

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Beync(f): 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2012
this is madness, God doenst force people to worship him

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2012
Just passing

7 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by LagosShia: 4:18pm On Aug 08, 2012
I AM A MUSLIM AND SOMEONE SHOULD TELL HISBAH THAT WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS NOT ISLAM.

THE QURAN ADDRESSES FASTING THE HOLY MONTH OF RAMADAN FOR MUSLIMS AND NOT FOR NON-MUSLIMS.SHARIA LAWS ARE FOR MUSLIMS TO UPHOLD AND NOT TO BE IMPOSED ON NON-MUSLIMS."THERE IS NO COMPULSION IN RELIGION" (Quran 2:256).

Holy Quran 2:183
"O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous -"

7 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:18pm On Aug 08, 2012
D 2nd ridiculous news I v heared since Sunday.
FMJ!
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by LagosShia: 4:19pm On Aug 08, 2012
maryjames9: It's Islam again. I'm beggining to wonder if the people practicing dis religion are extremists. I thought it was Alqaeda,taliban,boko haram only,now it's Hisbolah or what's the name again. This homo sapiens called Muslims should be killed without mercy.They are full of hatred,sadness,bitterness,vengeance and all sorts.I wil keep saying the world will know no peace until islam and islamist are wiped out completely. Inhumanity at the peak. What if they have health related issues. This is sacriligous,outdated,rejected,denounced,unpalatable,unspeakable,outrageous custom or principle. Warmonging terrorists set of people

^
words of a loving christian! grin

5 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by emsgray: 4:21pm On Aug 08, 2012
wrong move, it seams to be a bondage to be a muslim? prove me wrong. i know that the law prohibits the violation of human right. right to freedom of religion is included.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by kennethromanus: 4:24pm On Aug 08, 2012
Just passing by...
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by 76Naira(m): 4:24pm On Aug 08, 2012
Better not to fast than to fast & only dream of food.
These abokis sef!

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 08, 2012
I know that this must has a reason pls they must give more explanation on this becouse I wonder what could have been happon if the prophet arest those abstain from fasting
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by alaoeri: 4:27pm On Aug 08, 2012
Short of word.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dealing With Zina And Shamelessness- The Muslim Youth / Meaning Of Alhaji Or Alhaja In Arabic / Islamic Way Of Congratulating Parent On The Occasion Of Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.