Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:47 PM

Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims (13454 Views)

What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? / Saudi Arabia Detains 400 Nigerian Female Hajj Pilgrims / Kano Hisbah Board Nabs 20 For Refusing To Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by sansid(m): 6:56pm On Aug 08, 2012
If u ve to coerce pple to fast ,then d whole essence of d fast itself had been defeated.

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by airfinance(m): 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2012
LagosShia: I AM A MUSLIM AND SOMEONE SHOULD TELL HISBAH THAT WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS NOT ISLAM.

THE QURAN ADDRESSES FASTING THE HOLY MONTH OF RAMADAN FOR MUSLIMS AND NOT FOR NON-MUSLIMS.SHARIA LAWS ARE FOR MUSLIMS TO UPHOLD AND NOT TO BE IMPOSED ON NON-MUSLIMS."THERE IS NO COMPULSION IN RELIGION" (Quran 2:256).

Holy Quran 2:183
"O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous -"
I was just about to condemn this act. This totally unislamic.
There are politicians looting in this ramadan claiming to be given arms. Come to niger state and see what I'm talking about. Why not arrest these poeple insyead of given islam bad image.
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by simontosy(m): 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2012
If God gives instruction it is left for someone to follow,nobody can force anybody no wonder they claim they are fighting for Allah
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Beync(f): 7:55pm On Aug 08, 2012
passionate88:
or to kill for Him, or to force others to worship Him... That's barbaric..
it's obvious mohamed instructed them
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by gegee(m): 8:16pm On Aug 08, 2012
If una like make una dey hide my post d truth cannot be hidden u have to be crazy to follow an armed robber, peadophile,lier and a lunatic like mohamed piss be upon him

2 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Akiika: 8:18pm On Aug 08, 2012
Another gibberish fabricated by NL! waste your time commenting on it.
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Joowilliams: 8:26pm On Aug 08, 2012
Since those arrested are not complaining, then no problem. That was a weird action from Hisbah though.
Besides religion has never and can never set anyone free. The more you practise religion, the more you put yourself into bondage. Until you know the truth, you will remain under your master(religion).
But...
YOU SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE.
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Zimzy(m): 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2012
Na wa o 4 this their religion o, Everything na by force. Conversion na by force or them go kill you. God pls help them.
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by BetaThings: 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2012
maryjames9: It's Islam again. I'm beggining to wonder if the people practicing dis religion are extremists. I thought it was Alqaeda,taliban,boko haram only,now it's Hisbolah or what's the name again. This homo sapiens called Muslims should be killed without mercy.They are full of hatred,sadness,bitterness,vengeance and all sorts.I wil keep saying the world will know no peace until islam and islamist are wiped out completely. Inhumanity at the peak. What if they have health related issues. This is sacriligous,outdated,rejected,denounced,unpalatable,unspeakable,outrageous custom or principle. Warmonging terrorists set of people
Some people arrest a group of people
You say inhumanity at its peak. But then your humane recommendation, full of kindness, devoid of bitterness is that they should be killed without mercy
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by evanscjmac: 9:04pm On Aug 08, 2012
na force to fast again. na wah ohh
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by BetaThings: 9:04pm On Aug 08, 2012
Zimzy :
Na wa o 4 this their religion o, Everything na by force. Conversion na by force or them go kill you. God pls help them.
Can you bring evidence that muslims and converting people by force?
And is forceful conversion wrong? If yes, how come christians did it in Nigerian and are still doing it
Christians in Nigeria would not allow muslims attend their schools unless they converted. This is a truth that cannot be controverted
The NLFT in India has been converting Hindus to christianity at gunpoint
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by yosmen: 9:24pm On Aug 08, 2012
executinal: This is like leader of church forcing you to go Church grin grin grin grin grin
Na by force??
don't ever in your life comapare christains. with muslims.....they don't have a common ground.
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by yosmen: 9:25pm On Aug 08, 2012
executinal: This is like leader of church forcing you to go Church grin grin grin grin grin
Na by force??
don't ever n your life co..mapare christains. with musli..ms.....they don't have a common ground.
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by BetaThings: 9:27pm On Aug 08, 2012
PapaBrowne: Islam. Time is ticking. Unless there is some kind of change or perhaps quasi-modernization in the religion, the next natural line is extinction.

Muslims will not be dictated to simply because some people carrying the banner of Islam have gone into extremes
We don't prescribe how others conduct their religious and cult activities, and we would not be instructed on how to practice Islam
There is no point painting extremism as part of Islam in order to execute a selfish agenda against muslims
Extremism was exhibited at the time of the Prophet (PBUH) and he denounced it.

PapaBrowne: Islam. Time is ticking. Unless there is some kind of change or perhaps quasi-modernization in the religion, the next natural line is extinction.
The children(especially the females) of the current generation would by virtue of the internet be exposed to other forms of worship and begin to ask questions.
Why is my religion the only one throwing bombs. Why are we the only ones that suppress women. Why are almost all our countries at some kind of war? Why is everything by force. Why don't we have any brilliant countries that create technologies or promote advancement?

Empty sophistry. How are women suppressed? By being made to advertise (half naked) with sex-ual undertones? Even countries do this
Are the women complaining? Why do you think the muslim ladies on NL need you to complain on their behalf? Is that not usurpation?
Leave us to worry about what the youths would think.
We only need you to stop peddling the lies and invading muslim countries
Next time Iran brings down another drone ask yourself why your country of millions of brilliant christians is only known for yahoo yahoo

And why are your ideas of freedom, liberty and progress not based on Nigerian culture or those you originated yourself
Why must you just mouth only "ideals" espoused by foreigners to accomplish cultural imperialism

PapaBrowne:
As they grow older, Slowly and steadily they would begin to disconnect. They would pass that disconnection to their children and in a moment, the religion would begin to vanish from the surface of planet earth. Except the voice of peace in Islam gets louder than the voice of violence.

Islam as it is cannot survive freedom of existence. Liberal Muslims must as a matter of urgency take over the space and populate the air with a voice of peace in such a way that it drowns the voice of force and violence that has pervaded Islam in the last decade.
Will you not be happy at that outcome
Or why do your publishers design elaborate falsehood to project untrue images of Islam

Let me ask you?
Which countries have brought the most hardship to mankind?
Which countries have brought about the largest massacre to the human race?
Which countries have the largest stock of biological weapons?
Which countries have started and participated in wars all over the world?
Why was the EU set up?

If christianity really believe that the truth will set you free, I challenge you to answer truthfully!
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Soulcaine(m): 9:29pm On Aug 08, 2012
The children(especially the females) of the current generation would by virtue of the internet be exposed to other forms of worship and begin to ask questions.
Why is my religion the only one throwing bombs. Why are we the only ones that suppress women. Why are almost all our countries at some kind of war? Why is everything by force. Why don't we have any brilliant countries that create technologies or promote advancement?

As they grow older, Slowly and steadily they would begin to disconnect. They would pass that disconnection to their children and in a moment, the religion would begin to vanish from the surface of planet earth. Except the voice of peace in Islam gets louder than the voice of violence.

Islam as it is cannot survive freedom of existence. Liberal Muslims must as a matter of urgency take over the space and populate the air with a voice of peace in such a way that it drowns the voice of force and violence that has pervaded Islam in the last decade.

@Topic
It beat me how Kano state is able to run a quasi police force and at the same time feels like state police should not be followed through across Nigeria.

on point. I have a friend like that. Almost everybody around me think he is a christian but alas they are always shocked to find out he is a muslim my best friend. I used to force him to go for their prayers he'll jst tell me: see am a liberal muslim i dont understand most of what they do. His closest friends are christians, he confided that he feels more comfortable around christians.
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by bluejeff(m): 9:40pm On Aug 08, 2012
Thank God its muslims and thank God its in kano. I bought a bottle of coke this afternoon and i really felt uncomfortable the way some dudes were staring at me.
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by BetaThings: 9:40pm On Aug 08, 2012
Soul_caine:

on point. I have a friend like that. Almost everybody around me think he is a christian but alas they are always shocked to find out he is a muslim my best friend. I used to force him to go for their prayers he'll jst tell me: see am a liberal muslim i dont understand most of what they do. His closest friends are christians, he confided that he feels more comfortable around christians.
Hahaha
Tell your friend to go learn about Islam. There are tons of stuff on the net
Calling himself a liberal muslim means what? (He does not have to pray etc?)
Nobody is asking him to emulate Boko Haram or Al Qaeda = those ones are doing deeds that give a ticket to hellfire
How many people taught Herbert Macaulay and co to fight for independence
There is a day of judgement. The situation you have described will hold no water on that day
We can encourage ourselves here, but everybody will give account only for himself on that day
Yes, nobody has been to the hereafter to tell us actual stories. But since we must all die there is a need for a backup plan
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by makizee(m): 9:50pm On Aug 08, 2012
First of all(resisting the urge to put "introduction" as in the Olamide single), This news sounds fake...How do u identify if one is a muslim or not..How do u differentiate one that is fasting from one who is not..except the person is eating in a buka with a very big tag on him/her saying LOOK AT ME, AM A MUSLIM AND AM NOT FASTING...hmmn..i think there is someone, somewhere coming up with these ridiculous stories concerning Muslims and Islam, First, it was the sex workers complaints of low patronage in the month of Rammadan and now this

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 08, 2012
Like i always say,if u see a muslim and a snake. Kill the muslim and let the snake live. The worst a snake wil do is bite and kill one or two,but a muslim targets killng millions for allah so that muhamhed who's probably regretng what his blind followers are doing in hell most likely wl reward him with a million * 6 virgins. A man that pioneer this religion of death is definitely gona have a special place reserved 4 him in hell. Muslim are full of hatred,bitterness,anger and intolerant fuelng a killing instinct. Even their leaders; iman and afas who shld set gud examples threaten non muslims at every single misundstanding or differences. These people are murderers joor. Islam is a broadway to hell and i'd rather become atheist or budha than a muslim cos they are worst
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by revomind(m): 10:18pm On Aug 08, 2012
I really do not care about how the religion of Islam functions or its perceived shortcomings. What bothers me is this Hisbah board and the ironic opposition of the kano state government to state police. We all are witnesses to the way they made sharia their standard law against the constitution of the country. One body ideally must ensure compliance to the law and that's the Hisbah.
To me, this is hypocrisy; "Nigeria is a federal state and yes we should have sharia if we want" and then " No, we shouldn't have state police because we are not ripe for it and can't afford it". I challenge all the muslims on this thread to prove any of the Northern states is ripe enough to implement Sharia in its purest form.

You can't demand for a proper federalism and yet want the police to remain as it is. Safe to say the Northern states are opposed to a restructuring of the country. And for me and many people, the main problem of this country is in its structure. A better federal structure will change our political culture for the better slowly but surely.
Some of these Northern governors will probably throw their hats into the ring for the presidential election in 2015. When southerners refuse to vote for them, people will cry foul again and probably stir up trouble again like what we're seeing now. They'll fail to realise it isn't hatred or unfair. Its just a pessimism about their willingness to right the wrongs of the past. Babangida Aliyu can make all the noise like he likes doing in the media but if he can't stick out and walk the talk at this level, he damn right wouldn't if he were president for example.

This country of ours will remain backward forever if we don't do the right things and time is ticking.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by jenny2007(f): 10:31pm On Aug 08, 2012
When I think of Islam I only come up with three(3) V's -violence,violence, violence. No offense to muslims o.
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by proo212(m): 10:40pm On Aug 08, 2012
Not only in Kano but Pakistan too...I suppose the Police in Islamabad enforcing the law too and you guys are saying they are taking it too far or they do not understand Islam. Why does Kano State have Hisbah? Does Saudi Arabia not have sharia enforcement police? Perhaps if they also enforce such, they will be taking it too far....

According to Lagosshia quote of Quran 2:183 O you who have believed, DECREED upon you is fasting as it was DECREED upon those before you that you may become righteou
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 08, 2012
One thing u notice about muslems NLders is that any news they do not like is falsehood and a properganda against islam. Every other person is brainwash yet they are the ones who believe in a paradice flowing with rivers of wine and virgins with lustrous breast. They the ones who believe that only jihad will get u reward in alujana. Yet they are decieve
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by LagosShia: 10:52pm On Aug 08, 2012
siddiq202:
In as much as I condemn the act..I still have to correct you that they didn't arrest non-muslim

i sincerely thought it was non-muslims that were being harassed/arrested for not fasting.i didn't pay attention to know they are muslims because of the way christians are whining in this thread.

the christians should go and lecture Oyedepo who slapped a "witch" in his church so violently and shown on tv and he later came out to brag about it that he would do the same thing again.

a Muslim who isn't sick and is healthy to fast,should fast.at least if he doesn't,this isnt something he'd show publically when others are fasting especially in a Muslim land.if a Muslim does that openly,then he is finding trouble for hismelf and provoking others especially those who would not tolerate an open display of not abiding by the rules.

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Nyntynplus: 10:58pm On Aug 08, 2012
Internet privilage hv gvn so much freedom to type wteva non-sense, hw does dis concern any idio.t hr 4 goin against islam.. D truth is dt so many of u bastard tlkn rub'bish can only write it hr nd if nt, if u blv say na ur mother open her dirty smelly unwashable totoo born u, mk u go kano tell dem wt u r sayin hr..
D MORE U HATE ISLAM D MORE IT GOT SPREAD..

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Chudi99(m): 11:26pm On Aug 08, 2012
Should i believe you are a moslem and u are strictly participating in the fast too?
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 11:48pm On Aug 08, 2012
D same way dat xtia do 2 any new they don't like.Classify it as false,so wat d Bleep are u talking?
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by proo212(m): 12:02am On Aug 09, 2012
@Lagosshia, exactly the point a lot people are trying to make. Where is the freedom in Islam if one is looking for trouble by not fasting. What is the point of starving yourself if you don't want to fast? That means there is compulsion in religion. Another lie from either the Quran or His bah. Which is true?

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by LagosShia: 12:19am On Aug 09, 2012
proo212: @Lagosshia, exactly the point a lot people are trying to make. Where is the freedom in Islam if one is looking for trouble by not fasting. What is the point of starving yourself if you don't want to fast? That means there is compulsion in religion. Another lie from either the Quran or His bah. Which is true?

in Islam,the most sincere act of worship is fasting.i can eat secretly and even have sex if i wish so,and claim to be fasting.outwardly i can be fasting while inwardly i am not fasting.so fasting is a sincere act of worship for God Almighty alone.

i think the idea that they have being arrested for not fasting therefore is wrong.they were arrested for whatever they were publically doing or possibly talking to incite and provoke the feelings of others.now there are many people who are sick and cannot fast and Islam exempts them.no one can force anyone to fast.whether you fast or you do not,just do that maturely.if i am fasting,i do not enter into a beer parlor lets say to watch a football match and expect everyone to stop drinking because i am fasting.it is not done like that.infact i should know where i should go and not to go.also,when you're not fasting you do not do certain things out of respect and a sign of maturity to offend others.as a Muslim,i understand and i am thought that even though i can do many things ofcourse under the idea of "freedom",there i things i should not do so that i do not offend others.not offending others is also part of responsibility.you do not just do as you wish and claim it is freedom.there are limits.
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Tittos: 12:38am On Aug 09, 2012
Am sure those Northern goveronors would be eating a full chicken in their houses but will arrest others for not observing the fast
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by ruledworld: 12:51am On Aug 09, 2012
cheapest fake news ever!
unfortunately believed by many fools grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Despite Obstacles, Islam Continues To Spread / Why Was Ali's Compilation Of Quran Rejected And Abu Bakr And Umar Accepted?. / Why I Propagate Islam - Funlola Aofiyebi Raimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.