Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,602 members, 7,823,616 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims (13223 Views)

What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? / Saudi Arabia Detains 400 Nigerian Female Hajj Pilgrims / Kano Hisbah Board Nabs 20 For Refusing To Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by PapaBrowne(m): 1:15am On Aug 09, 2012
LagosShia:

i sincerely thought it was non-muslims that were being harassed/arrested for not fasting.i didn't pay attention to know they are muslims because of the way christians are whining in this thread.

the christians should go and lecture Oyedepo who slapped a "witch" in his church so violently and shown on tv and he later came out to brag about it that he would do the same thing again.

a Muslim who isn't sick and is healthy to fast,should fast.at least if he doesn't,this isnt something he'd show publically when others are fasting especially in a Muslim land.if a Muslim does that openly,then he is finding trouble for hismelf and provoking others especially those who would not tolerate an open display of not abiding by the rules.

Go back to that thread and you'll find one interesting difference between Christians and muslims. The majority of people who condemned and insulted Oyedepo were christains. They rattled on him for simply slapping a woman. Muslims on the other hand are very economical with their condemnation of Boko Haram. Rather than condemn Boko Haram you hear people talk about poverty and dialogue. It baffles every sane non muslim. This is where Muslims are failing the religion of Islam and doing it so much harm. Except the air is populated with the ideals of Liberal Islam, unless the silent majority rises up and populates the air with a peaceful version of Islam like we have in Turkey, then I feel sorry because in the next generation there would be little or nothing left of the religion. Go study historic patterns and you'll find that violent Islam has the potential to exterminate the religion.

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by cesil92: 2:07am On Aug 09, 2012
"Islam is never a voilent religion" yet they go about contravening the law.. I can never be a Muslim, I rather be an Occult.. Must one be forced to go against his/her wishes?
Very soon dem go begin force person to go marry virgins for heaven.
Their behaves shows how delluded dey are..

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by deols(f): 2:23am On Aug 09, 2012
Nigerianeye.com. finding the story hard to believe
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by farolee(m): 4:30am On Aug 09, 2012
76Naira: Religion by force.
.The yoruba interpretation of islam is knowledge by force.Just wonder;why worshipping god that can not fight for himself,that kind of god must be a very small god.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by IleIfe2(m): 4:34am On Aug 09, 2012
farolee: .The yoruba interpretation of islam is knowledge by force.Just wonder;why worshipping god that can not fight for himself,that kind of god must be a very small god.

Imole. lol

Nice to see state police has started already. great news.
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by lukkie(m): 5:37am On Aug 09, 2012
maryjames9: It's Islam again. I'm beggining to wonder if the people practicing dis religion are extremists. I thought it was Alqaeda,taliban,boko haram only,now it's Hisbolah or what's the name again. This homo sapiens called Muslims should be killed without mercy.They are full of hatred,sadness,bitterness,vengeance and all sorts.I wil keep saying the world will know no peace until islam and islamist are wiped out completely. Inhumanity at the peak. What if they have health related issues. This is sacriligous,outdated,rejected,denounced,unpalatable,unspeakable,outrageous custom or principle. Warmonging terrorists set of people

Very shameful comment. Aren't you worse than the people you're condemning? And the equally shameless people 'liking' your comment. Nigerians, when did you become savages?
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by DUBES(m): 6:55am On Aug 09, 2012
This goes to show how primitive, myopic and backward hausas are even the ones that are educated. Imagine a lawyer being the heard of the board and he doesn't have common sense. Aboki will always be aboki
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by noble84: 8:00am On Aug 09, 2012
jossysage: Na wa for this so called islam,na by force person dey fast.
they were forced to accept the religion so what do u expect.they are like captives who must do what thier master wants.they must fast o.some dey even hide eat.one was asking me where he could eat secretely that he wasn't feeling fine and if others see him eating,they wont understand
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Modelling(f): 8:14am On Aug 09, 2012
LagosShia: I AM A MUSLIM AND SOMEONE SHOULD TELL HISBAH THAT WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS NOT ISLAM.

THE QURAN ADDRESSES FASTING THE HOLY MONTH OF RAMADAN FOR MUSLIMS AND NOT FOR NON-MUSLIMS.SHARIA LAWS ARE FOR MUSLIMS TO UPHOLD AND NOT TO BE IMPOSED ON NON-MUSLIMS."THERE IS NO COMPULSION IN RELIGION" (Quran 2:256).

Holy Quran 2:183
"O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous -"
Sorry I dnt fink they arrested non moslims. Is there no condition under which a moslim shld not fast, I mean, is d fasting by force?
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Modelling(f): 8:18am On Aug 09, 2012
LagosShia: I AM A MUSLIM AND SOMEONE SHOULD TELL HISBAH THAT WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS NOT ISLAM.

THE QURAN ADDRESSES FASTING THE HOLY MONTH OF RAMADAN FOR MUSLIMS AND NOT FOR NON-MUSLIMS.SHARIA LAWS ARE FOR MUSLIMS TO UPHOLD AND NOT TO BE IMPOSED ON NON-MUSLIMS."THERE IS NO COMPULSION IN RELIGION" (Quran 2:256).

"O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous -"
I dnt fink they arrested non moslims. Is there no condition under which a moslim can not fast? I mean, is d fasting by force?
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by jmoraks(m): 8:23am On Aug 09, 2012
We shud be clear on one thing Islam and Muslims are not the problem, but those who twist the Information in their holy books and turn prayer grounds to breeding grounds for their evil plans. Religion has been around since the creation of man and those who twist it too have always been around. We shud learn from the past, strongly condemn evil acts early even if by our own blood relatives and not shield them soo they don't come back to do it again.

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by BetaThings: 9:11am On Aug 09, 2012
maryjames9: Like i always say,if u see a muslim and a snake. Kill the muslim and let the snake live.t

The victims here don't agree with you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMJvxCc8PQQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJT1Sa7H0-E
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1383732/Buried-alive-New-report-reveals-suffering-Nigerias-child-witches.html

Those 6million jews (children, women, aged) gassed and killed would have prayed to have had their encounter with muslims
The Latin American states colonised, enslaved and brutalised by the same Spain (that brought christianity to them) would prefer Islam to christianity

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by damas11111(m): 9:18am On Aug 09, 2012
maryjames9: It's Islam again. I'm beggining to wonder if the people practicing dis religion are extremists. I thought it was Alqaeda,taliban,boko haram only,now it's Hisbolah or what's the name again. This homo sapiens called Muslims should be killed without mercy.They are full of hatred,sadness,bitterness,vengeance and all sorts.I wil keep saying the world will know no peace until islam and islamist are wiped out completely. Inhumanity at the peak. What if they have health related issues. This is sacriligous,outdated,rejected,denounced,unpalatable,unspeakable,outrageous custom or principle. Warmonging terrorists set of people

You're filled with so much hatred! You must be living a pathetic life. Sorry for you man.
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by damas11111(m): 9:22am On Aug 09, 2012
noble84: they were forced to accept the religion so what do u expect.they are like captives who must do what thier master wants.they must fast o.some dey even hide eat.one was asking me where he could eat secretely that he wasn't feeling fine and if others see him eating,they wont understand

Use your brain! How possible is it for anyone to be forced to accept a religion? At least, try to make a sense when you open your mouth next time.
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by damas11111(m): 9:24am On Aug 09, 2012
gegee: If una like make una dey hide my post d truth cannot be hidden u have to be crazy to follow an armed robber, peadophile,lier and a lunatic like mohamed piss be upon him

You must be suffering from undiagnosable disease!
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by NOLONGTIN1(m): 9:32am On Aug 09, 2012
abdulkayus:

islam is a religion of peace, get dat into ur empty skull

Its proven every day..... Action speaks louder than words

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by gramci: 9:50am On Aug 09, 2012
jenny2007: When I think of Islam I only come up with three(3) V's -violence,violence, violence. No offense to muslims o.

Virgins, Virgins and Virgins!
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by lukkie(m): 9:51am On Aug 09, 2012
PapaBrowne: Islam. Time is ticking. Unless there is some kind of change or perhaps quasi-modernization in the religion, the next natural line is extinction.
The children(especially the females) of the current generation would by virtue of the internet be exposed to other forms of worship and begin to ask questions.
Why is my religion the only one throwing bombs. Why are we the only ones that suppress women. Why are almost all our countries at some kind of war? Why is everything by force. Why don't we have any brilliant countries that create technologies or promote advancement?

As they grow older, Slowly and steadily they would begin to disconnect. They would pass that disconnection to their children and in a moment, the religion would begin to vanish from the surface of planet earth. Except the voice of peace in Islam gets louder than the voice of violence.

Islam as it is cannot survive freedom of existence. Liberal Muslims must as a matter of urgency take over the space and populate the air with a voice of peace in such a way that it drowns the voice of force and violence that has pervaded Islam in the last decade.

@Topic
It beat me how Kano state is able to run a quasi police force and at the same time feels like state police should not be followed through across Nigeria.

This is difficult to admit for an average muslim but you're absolutely right. Violence makes Islam less attractive everyday. But unfortunately, moderate muslims can't do much because the fanatics will turn against them (as some will turn against me here).

Religion is generally losing its lustre though. More people are realising that they can live happy lives without the complications of mass religion(ism). And you can't blame them because wherever you look, the story is not nice. It's either people killing innocents in God's name or people duping innocents in God's name, or worse. Meanwhile, the primary function of religion (making people better human beings) has been forgotten a long time ago.
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by NOLONGTIN1(m): 10:21am On Aug 09, 2012
simontosy: If God gives instruction it is left for someone to follow,nobody can force anybody no wonder ggthey claim they are fighting for Allah

You only fight FOR someone who is weak..... I think they are trying to tell us something
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by JimmyBoy1: 10:54am On Aug 09, 2012
I cant even imagine this.
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Saintparis1: 11:18am On Aug 09, 2012
LagosShia:
a Muslim who isn't sick and is healthy to fast,should fast.at least if he doesn't,this isnt something he'd show publically when others are fasting especially in a Muslim land.if a Muslim does that openly,then he is finding trouble for hismelf and provoking others especially those who would not tolerate an open display of not abiding by the rules.
So much for the religious tolerance you preach. lipsrsealed
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by hurricaneChris: 11:19am On Aug 09, 2012
Islam! Islam!! Islam!!! When will ur god dammed followers convince us dt this religion is not for blood suckers and sadists? These monsters in d north should stop living obsolete lives in dis century
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by gegee(m): 12:06pm On Aug 09, 2012
damas11111:

You must be suffering from undiagnosable disease!
is either u dont know the history of mohamed or u have decided to deceive urself

1 Like

Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by megxo(m): 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2012
AH CANT FIT SHOUT............. RELIGION RIDICULE
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by kinguwem: 12:49pm On Aug 09, 2012
Nigeria is a secular country. There is freedom of worship & association. These people's fundamental human rights have been breeched. They should sue the KNSG & Hisbah Board for damages.
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by kinguwem: 12:54pm On Aug 09, 2012
Nigeria is a secular state. There is freedom of worship & association. These people's fundamental human rights have been breeched. They should sue the Kano State Government & Hisbah Board for damages.
The Governor has misplaced priorities. He is looking for more revenue allocation but is wasting funds to infringe on citizen's fundamental human rights.
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by BetaThings: 2:56pm On Aug 09, 2012
PapaBrowne:

Go back to that thread and you'll find one interesting difference between Christians and muslims. The majority of people who condemned and insulted Oyedepo were christains. They rattled on him for simply slapping a woman. Muslims on the other hand are very economical with their condemnation of Boko Haram. Rather than condemn Boko Haram you hear people talk about poverty and dialogue. It baffles every sane non muslim. This is where Muslims are failing the religion of Islam and doing it so much harm. Except the air is populated with the ideals of Liberal Islam, unless the silent majority rises up and populates the air with a peaceful version of Islam like we have in Turkey, then I feel sorry because in the next generation there would be little or nothing left of the religion. Go study historic patterns and you'll find that violent Islam has the potential to exterminate the religion.

Who are these liberal muslims? Those who don't pray, fast, like to get tipsy once in a while?
No sane muslim will support Boko Haram. What would be the reason? Boko Haram will not allow muslims who don't share their views express it
They murder people who demonstrate with evidence that BH is miguided
Islam is practised with knowledge, not passion
When some people killed children and argued that the children were offsprings of polytheists, the Prophet (PBUH) reminded them that they too were polytheists at some time in the past

Muslims opened a thread in 2010 to deliberate on how to stop Boko Haram. Christians said no, you guys are lying, your religion is violent
https://www.nairaland.com/576809/nigerian-muslims-lets-wake-up

Here we are being accused of not condemning Boko Haram

It is difficult not to believe that christians, at least those on NL, most of whom have not experienced the atrocities of Boko Haram want to exploit the crisis to engineer a copy cat version of Islam that they are well pleased with
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by oke225: 4:54pm On Aug 09, 2012
Evrything in IsLam is by force if force is remove from Islam nothing will remain of it because majority of muslims are afraid to leave this dangerous religion because they fear for their lifes.
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by BetaThings: 8:38pm On Aug 09, 2012
oke225: Evrything in IsLam is by force if force is remove from Islam nothing will remain of it because majority of muslims are afraid to leave this dangerous religion because they fear for their lifes.
Hahaha
And you cannot see the contradiction in your post. Can you?
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by EyesWideOpen(m): 9:15pm On Aug 09, 2012

Haven't you read the heading? They arrested non-fasting MUSLIMS!
Mtswww, ppl shud wori bout their own wahala. Wetin concern una with Kano Muslims? You dey pity them? They are there applauding Hisba for its commendable works of fighting unislamic behaviours among Muslims, or by ppl of other faiths in an Islamic society and you're here wasting ur data. Worry about yourselves pls.
Re: Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims by Gudiza(m): 1:10am On Aug 10, 2012
Can't personally confirm this story but it does seem some folks commenting here have somehow confused the word 'non-fasting muslims' with 'non-muslims'. Can't help you there.

jossysage: Na wa for this so called islam,na by force person dey fast.
Like one aboki I knew those days used to say: "If Mohammedd does not go to the mountain,..............."

Joowilliams: Since those arrested are not complaining, then no problem. That was a weird action from Hisbah though.
Besides religion has never and can never set anyone free. The more you practise religion, the more you put yourself into bondage. Until you know the truth, you will remain under your master(religion).
But...
YOU SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE.

Could not have been better said. Well done Sir....Just as I was watching my telly the other day, was on AIT during one of these ramadan shows (I guess) and there was this Islamic Scholar (trying to foster religious harmony]) who said something like "....God has a reason for making us muslims and christians and that if he'd wanted us ALL be either a muslim or christian he would've done so" and I was like Um..bro, God gat nothing to do with your religions, that siht was manmade. He already gave you humanity c'mon! *sighs*

BetaThings:
Tell your friend to go learn about Islam.
Calling himself a liberal muslim means what? (He does not have to pray etc?)
Nobody is asking him to emulate Boko Haram or Al Qaeda = those ones are doing deeds that give a ticket to hellfire.
How many people taught Herbert Macaulay and co to fight for independence
.There is a day of judgement. The situation you have described will hold no water on that day.
We can encourage ourselves here, but everybody will give account only for himself on that day
. Yes, nobody has been to the hereafter to tell us actual stories. But since we must all die there is a need for a backup plan

....might not agree with u but still, kinda like where your heads at. But you have to admit the things folks do in your gods name are revolting;
and yeah, whats up with ur virgins in heaven? seriously? for what if I may ask? fukcing?...in heaven? and for eternity? yeah, thats what I thought...you just might want to tweak that part a little.

jmoraks: We shud be clear on one thing Islam and Muslims are not the problem, but those who twist the Information in their holy books and turn prayer grounds to breeding grounds for their evil plans. Religion has been around since the creation of man and those who twist it too have always been around. We shud learn from the past, strongly condemn evil acts early even if by our own blood relatives and not shield them soo they don't come back to do it again.

It's not just that the 'Holy' book probably left an open clause in its decrees thus rendering it incomplete.

Or that the project allows for selfish persons to manipulate, abuse and take advantage of this loophole in its act to carryout of their 'evil plans' by simply filling in the void (and you declare 'your wish is my command')

BUT, the most devastating part is that this piece of compilation cannot be debugged thus making it impossible for scripting or modification if you like thereby subjecting its adherents to total bondage. Today, we have folks that are literarily trapped by their puppeteers.

It's never too late to correct mistakes of the past. Everyone deserves a chance right?. What do you do with obsolete softwares?? Upgrade.

Nyntynplus: ....D MORE U HATE ISLAM D MORE IT GOT SPREAD..

*womp* *womp* *shedding animated tears*

Ramaddam Kareem Benzemaaaa!

frawzey version 2.9

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dealing With Zina And Shamelessness- The Muslim Youth / Only Three Things Are Needed For A Proper Islamic Marriage (short Summary) / Islamic Way Of Congratulating Parent On The Occasion Of Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.