Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? (10099 Views)

Growth Of Churches/mosques via gsm data base and bulksms / Rich Churches, Poor Members / Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by awesomebenji(m): 12:22pm On Aug 10, 2012
@OP, I'm tested 2 abuse u 4 trying 2 point fingers 2d house of d Most High God as an inbeneficial factor 2d society BUT I won't do so.
Library is good no doubt bt churches nd mosques also helps our society 2b a better place 2live.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by mkmyers45(m): 12:23pm On Aug 10, 2012
megxo: library.......bt kitchen wud com before it grin
put kitchen in dat list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grin grin grin
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by mkmyers45(m): 12:24pm On Aug 10, 2012
awesome_benji: @OP, I'm tested 2 abuse u 4 trying 2 point fingers 2d house of d Most High God as an inbeneficial factor 2d society BUT I won't do so.
Library is good no doubt bt churches nd mosques also helps our society 2b a better place 2live.

Mr Man keep quiet...the library is the more reason why we have a better society
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by newsgistscom: 12:25pm On Aug 10, 2012
Churches

Hey guys pally with me via www.mypallys.com, the Africa Facebook n from Nigeria. it fun n free but free airtime weekly from Airtel only. join n see

Hey guys pally with me via www.mypallys.com, the Africa Facebook n from Nigeria. it fun n free but free airtime weekly from Airtel only. join n see

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Agiliti(m): 12:27pm On Aug 10, 2012
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Chubhie: 12:28pm On Aug 10, 2012
plaetton: This comes to my mind as I learn that Governor Peter Obi has completed a modern e-library in Anambra State.

Before that, the last Public Library was built in 1966.

Now we often ask ourselves questions about why we are so underdeveloped and why we are so disorganised and unable to properly manage our vast human and natural resources.

In the face of this revelation, can the answers be far-fetched?
No library built since 1966?
When the Great Awolowo wanted to bring education to his people, He was advised against such on the premise that an educated mind is difficult to control.... I have come up close with one of the top ranking bishops in naija and one of the things i can codely tell you is that these men are armed to the teeth ranging from mass phychology,bussiness,power,logic amongst others...my point is that someone somewhere will always profit from anothers ignorance.......Read read read wide..readers are leaders....listen to the man am borrowing his business empire model from-winners......he once said he read a book that changed him...daniel in the book of daniels speaking says i daniel understood by books.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by CHouse: 12:29pm On Aug 10, 2012
@op your question was twisted and ill-conceived. Are you even aware that the church and other religious bodies were responsible for the introduction of earliest libraries ever? Their roles cut beyond just inculcating morals but educational knowlegde to the benefit of mankind. They have been centres crucial to the preservation of valuable historical texts, antiques, and science thereby laying out foundation for the ones you are so endeared to today and many have benefited from such libraries in the past. Bro, i don't know what your animosity against the church or mosque is but please don't be one-sided in your judgement ok. Monks, Islamic scholars who spent virtually most of their lives at worship places have contributed to the development of humanity over the centuries. Be appreciative and don't disrespect. Thanks!
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by hakymbiyiyaho: 12:32pm On Aug 10, 2012
Apart from being natural anybody seen as a rightous person in our society today should be traced to either the church or the mosque, where sermons are given and questions are entertained from individual on how to live and leave as at when due.A non righteous will not tell you that is what he or she learnt from the scriptures but while comparing LIBRARY it is seen as a monumental place for the books where stories and tales are kept for the people, here no question, no side talking, no music or sharing of experience with anyone. What you read is what you know.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by ZUBY77(m): 12:34pm On Aug 10, 2012
Nigeria being what it is, Christian fanatics will chose Churches while Muslim fanatics will chose Mosques.
The reasonables and intelectuals will chose library anyday.
Those intelectuals worship in Churches and Mosques as well but they dont bury their heads in the sand.
The knowledge of what we are today, technology, can not come from somewhere else except books/library.
Chose what you want but the truth remains that 1 good Library is far more better than all the Churches and Mosques in West Africa.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by KiKatanga: 12:35pm On Aug 10, 2012
Keshik:
Sorry Sir, if you know all that but still don't know the place of God in your life, you're just as daft as there ever was ala Prof Hawkins. BTW, all what you listed is simply knowledge and doesn't prve you're wise.

For the record, I don't think I am wise, but out of interest, what makes one wise?
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by ANYPEN(m): 12:36pm On Aug 10, 2012
If the number of churches/ mosques is the number of libraries & the number of libraries is the number of churches/mosques in this country, then won't be complaining of basic human needs & that wouldn't mean we will be less Godly. Even Jesus provided food, health & peace for his followers, if churches can't do that anymore & books will do it then let what should be be. Afterall it is all about human & his well being

I don't know what religious bodies represent outside this country , all I know is that religious bodies in this country have lost their values.

People that go to these religious institutions all the time to grow spiritually are lazy & weak both physically & spiritually. People are lazy to read, make researches & develop their own belief system themselves, they rather want others (spiritual leaders) to do all these for them. That's the reason There's no growth.

Library will give you the liberty to develop your own belief system & @ the same time acquire knowledge. Bibles & Quran are in libraries
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by VeektourStober(m): 12:43pm On Aug 10, 2012
I beliv both d church $ d library. 'Cos evn in d church, u cn gt gud books 2 read.....
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by plaetton: 12:43pm On Aug 10, 2012
CHouse: @op your question was twisted and ill-conceived. Are you even aware that the church and other religious bodies were responsible for the introduction of earliest libraries ever? Their roles cut beyond just inculcating morals but educational knowlegde to the benefit of mankind. They have been centres crucial to the preservation of valuable historical texts, antiques, and science thereby laying out foundation for the ones you are so endeared to today and many have benefited from such libraries in the past. Bro, i don't know what your animosity against the church or mosque is but please don't be one-sided in your judgement ok. Monks, Islamic scholars who spent virtually most of their lives at worship places have contributed to the development of humanity over the centuries. Be appreciative and don't disrespect. Thanks!

I What planet did all this happen? Can you furnish us with names, places and time?
Nonesense, There were librabraries long long beforte the advents of churches and mosques. So what if monks had libraries in their monasteries?

The question is simple, mosques, churche and libraris, which is more beneficial to a society? Would you prefer to have your children spend their free time int the librariy or ih the church or mosque?
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by mkmyers45(m): 12:45pm On Aug 10, 2012
Veektour Stober: I beliv both d church $ d library. 'Cos evn in d church, u cn gt gud books 2 read.....

thats a library now and not a church angry angry
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by billyG(m): 12:46pm On Aug 10, 2012
wesley80: Proverbs 4:7-9 Wisdom is the principal thing therefor get wisdom and in all thine getting, get understanding 8 Exalt Her and She shall promote thee, she shall bring thee to honour when thou embrace her 9 She shall give to thine head an ornament of Grace; A crown of Glory shall she deliver thee.

1 Corinthians 1:25 The foolishness of God is wiser than men.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of the world is foolishness unto God.

If there be a house that teaches "wisdom" aside the church, show it to me and therein shall I abide for surely there lies the Spirit of God!

The above quotation of paul in corinthians 1:25 is clearly a blasphemy agst Almighty God,Is paul telling us that God is foo.......?(pls God 4give me) cry cry
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Sirsuky(m): 12:48pm On Aug 10, 2012
To my own openion christianity is the best cos christianity is not a religion is the way to acces God through Jesus, even Jesus hate religion.those that persecuted him are religion leader and if we are talkin about church is not the bulding but the worshiper of living God.is when people are practising christianity as religion that is whn riot wil step in.so christianity means christ like and we know who the prince of peace is.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by plaetton: 12:49pm On Aug 10, 2012
hakym_biyi@yaho:
Apart from being natural anybody seen as a rightous person in our society today should be traced to either the church or the mosque, where sermons are given and questions are entertained from individual on how to live and leave as at when due.A non righteous will not tell you that is what he or she learnt from the scriptures but while comparing LIBRARY it is seen as a monumental place for the books where stories and tales are kept for the people, here no question, no side talking, no music or sharing of experience with anyone. What you read is what you know.

Really? so all the rightous people in our society are products of churches and mosques?
Wow!
So with all the churhces and mosques in every nook and crany of our cities and villages, Nigeria should be the brightest shinning example of riteiousness in the whole world, dont you think so?
Is that the case?

Infact,there is a strong corrolation between the explosion of religiousity and the break down of morality, division, confusion and the disfigurement of the social landscape.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by billyG(m): 12:52pm On Aug 10, 2012
wesley80: Proverbs 4:7-9 Wisdom is the principal thing therefor get wisdom and in all thine getting, get understanding 8 Exalt Her and She shall promote thee, she shall bring thee to honour when thou embrace her 9 She shall give to thine head an ornament of Grace; A crown of Glory shall she deliver thee.

1 Corinthians 1:25 The foolishness of God is wiser than men.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of the world is foolishness unto God.

If there be a house that teaches "wisdom" aside the church, show it to me and therein shall I abide for surely there lies the Spirit of God!

The above qoutation by paul in 1cor:1:25 is clearly Blasphemy agst God is paul telling us(the gullible ones) that God is foo....(pls God 4give me) cry cry
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by plaetton: 12:54pm On Aug 10, 2012
awesome_benji: @OP, I'm tested 2 abuse u 4 trying 2 point fingers 2d house of d Most High God as an inbeneficial factor 2d society BUT I won't do so.

How has churches and mosques helped our society or made it a better place to live?
Are there societies that function very well without the predominance of churches and mosques?
Your answer is ...................
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by wesley80(m): 12:57pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

For the record, I don't think I am wise, but out of interest, what makes one wise?
Now you're beginning to put that knowledge you have to work by asking the right questions.
1st Timothy 3:15 ... And that from a child thou hast known the Holy scriptures which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through Faith which is in Christ Jesus.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Abuklaw(m): 12:58pm On Aug 10, 2012
Comparing mosque to anyoda tin in my opinion is wrong,mosque is d place where i always resort to wheneva i nid 2 refresh my intellect, even at d moment 'MOSQUE TINS ON MY MIND'
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by KiKatanga: 12:58pm On Aug 10, 2012
wesley80:
Now you're beginning to put that knowledge you have to work by asking the right questions.
1st Timothy 3:15 ... And that from a child thou hast known the Holy scriptures which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through Faith which is in Christ Jesus.
Ah -- got it.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by cheddarking(m): 1:00pm On Aug 10, 2012
The obvious answer is a Library.
A secular Government has no business erecting religious buildings anyway.
Religion has never been useful tool to building up society, rather it has been divisive factor through out the history of time, fragmenting populations and formenting trouble.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by ajf(m): 1:01pm On Aug 10, 2012
ZUBY77: I follow your post a lot and like them. I dont know what you hope to achieve with this very one but my answers are :

Churches: A place where gullible black people gather to contribute money and materials for those who tell them Lies.

Mosques: A place where the other half of gullible black people gather to bow down and hear from their leaders that anyone who does not worship with them is an infidel and should be killed.

Libraries: A place where you can go and read about Churches and Mosques, and then chose what to believe and not what you are told. The developed Countries prefer Library while the black ones prefer the other two.

So the most important among them is the Library even if it is only Oliver twist and Animal farm inside it.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by kingparagon1: 1:12pm On Aug 10, 2012
ZUBY77: I follow your post a lot and like them. I dont know what you hope to achieve with this very one but my answers are :

Churches: A place where gullible black people gather to contribute money and materials for those who tell them Lies.

Mosques: A place where the other half of gullible black people gather to bow down and hear from their leaders that anyone who does not worship with them is an infidel and should be killed.

Libraries: A place where you can go and read about Churches and Mosques, and then chose what to believe and not what you are told. The developed Countries prefer Library while the black ones prefer the other two.

So the most important among them is the Library even if it is only Oliver twist and Animal farm inside it.
ur post shows that u are living in fool's paradise who says there is no GOD. we learn spiritualism; human body, soul & spirit in true churches, God's way of life; earthly knowlegde in libraries which is foolishness unto GOD; while d activities of BH shows what is learnt in mosques.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 10, 2012
Na more mortuary we need,afta all we go all die
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by talk2xp: 1:12pm On Aug 10, 2012
Well for the i think the OP is up to something and might start getting it soon. Both the church and mosque are far better than the library. So why start this trend in the first place ask the OP the last time he visited the library. The earlier we understand the motives behind some post the better for us on this forum. Everyone seems to be catching the web of BH and fake pastors but let us remember that our experience in all of these menace is as a result for the quest for power, money and control. No reasonable Moslem will kill another, have got a lot of them as friends and they are far from such I have got an english Koran and its far from what this BH guys passes across. Some prophets fought war even Elijah killed the prophet of Baal with swords. Please read 1king 18-22 New Century Version (NCV). Religion is a bigger political tool for destruction now cause its difficult to challenge and also fight. Slavery of blacks spread for decades and as a student of history and my dad been catholic its a known fact that Pope Nicholas V(15 November 1397 – 24 March 1455), born Tommaso Parentucelli, was Pope from 6 March 1447 until his death in 1455.Nicholas issued the bull "Dum Diversas" (18 June 1452) in response to a request from the Portuguese monarchy. King Alfonso V was conferred the right to "attack, conquer, and subjugate Saracens, Pagans and other enemies of Christ wherever they may be found." Well this is not the teachings of Christ my savior. Religion is a political tool as a result of its significance. Like I always say not all Germans are Nazi's. Its a face and it will fade off some day. God is love and Love is God.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by FOLLEY20(m): 1:17pm On Aug 10, 2012
musKeeto: librabries - we need more quiet and less holy goat noise so ppl can start thinking properly agakn regardless of religion..
May God open ur eyes to d truth of d gospel of Jesus Christ. Let me u, no matter ur level of knowledge/education without Christ in u, u are nothing but a failure & such a person will be doing things he ought not to do ............ (Roman 1:28-32)
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by mkmyers45(m): 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
king-paragon:
ur post shows that u are living in fool's paradise who says there is no GOD. we learn spiritualism; human body, soul & spirit in true churches, God's way of life; earthly knowlegde in libraries which is foolishness unto GOD; while d activities of BH shows what is learnt in mosques.

I think you didnt read the post at all but as usual on impulse you start typing...Please how is religion beneficial to a secular society?
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Dambudzo: 1:20pm On Aug 10, 2012
gramci: There is a negative correlation between the number of religious houses and economic development.

grin
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by mkmyers45(m): 1:20pm On Aug 10, 2012
talk2xp: Well for the i think the OP is up to something and might start getting it soon. Both the church and mosque are far better than the library. So why start this trend in the first place ask the OP the last time he visited the library. The earlier we understand the motives behind some post the better for us on this forum. Everyone seems to be catching the web of BH and fake pastors but let us remember that our experience in all of these menace is as a result for the quest for power, money and control. No reasonable Moslem will kill another, have got a lot of them as friends and they are far from such I have got an english Koran and its far from what this BH guys passes across. Some prophets fought war even Elijah killed the prophet of Baal with swords. Please read 1king 18-22 New Century Version (NCV). Religion is a bigger political tool for destruction now cause its difficult to challenge and also fight. Slavery of blacks spread for decades and as a student of history and my dad been catholic its a known fact that Pope Nicholas V(15 November 1397 – 24 March 1455), born Tommaso Parentucelli, was Pope from 6 March 1447 until his death in 1455.Nicholas issued the bull "Dum Diversas" (18 June 1452) in response to a request from the Portuguese monarchy. King Alfonso V was conferred the right to "attack, conquer, and subjugate Saracens, Pagans and other enemies of Christ wherever they may be found." Well this is not the teachings of Christ my savior. Religion is a political tool as a result of its significance. Like I always say not all Germans are Nazi's. Its a face and it will fade off some day. God is love and Love is God.

You have summed up your biased and mypoic nature in 1 post....What is a library? So you finished school without ever consulting books? WTF? Your dictionary at home is a library...so are your other books abi dont you make reference to them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Must We Shout When We Pray? / What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? / Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.