Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,919 members, 7,810,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? (10009 Views)

What Fell The Men Who Came To Arrest Jesus? / Turkish Police Storm RCCG Church In Istanbul To Arrest Members (video) / Snake That Came To Attack RCCG Pastor Daniel In Lagos Dies As Pastor Preaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:08am On Mar 29
What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus?

John 18:6 (KJV)

As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

It was a strange occurrence considering that they were fully armed with weapons, and it was armless Jesus they had come to arrest, so what could have made them suddenly reverse and fall to the ground?

Was it Christophobia or a panic attack they had because of Jesus?

8 Likes

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:08am On Mar 29
I believe they were arrested themselves by the Holy Ghost Whose presence also served as a protective shield around Jesus, so if not that Jesus had decided to willingly submit Himself to them as He Himself had said, no band or battalion of army in the world could have been able to arrest Him. John 10:10, 17-18, 15:13.

He did that because of the love He had for His Father and His sheep.

God bless.

77 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:08am On Mar 29
John 10:11 (KJV)

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

John 10:17-18 (KJV)

Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

John 15:13 (KJV)

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by SEGLIZ: 7:14am On Mar 29
thanks for spiritual depth.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Timoleon(m): 7:21am On Mar 29
Simple. When they got to Jesus, they observed that men mount. Peter and his boys brought out different stainless so they were startled undecided

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:55am On Mar 29
Timoleon:
Simple. When they got to Jesus, they observed that men mount. Peter and his boys brought out different stainless so they were startled undecided
So they were hence startled but had to wait for Jesus to say, "I am He", before they acted it out, right?

10 Likes

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Timoleon(m): 7:58am On Mar 29
jesusjnr2020:
So they were hence startled but had to wait for Jesus to say, "I am He", before they acted it out, right?

If you have a contrary video evidence, I'd be glad to watch it.

1 Like

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:18am On Mar 29
Timoleon:

If you have a contrary video evidence, I'd be glad to watch it.
You can watch it on John 18:16.

If you don't mind, let me also have yours.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Emyogalanya: 10:10am On Mar 29
E Shock dem na. But if e pain you go to court

1 Like

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by OMEGA009(m): 10:10am On Mar 29
Biblical translation isn’t copy and paste. Some things need to be read in the original language

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Kloenboi: 10:11am On Mar 29
That was not the plan.

As a sacrificial Lamb 🐑, God the father has designed a path for his existence & crusifixion on earth.

Lamb of God may you take away the sins of the world..

Have mercy on us and grant us peace 🕊️.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Emyogalanya: 10:11am On Mar 29
jesusjnr2020:

As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

It was a strange occurrence considering that they were fully armed with weapons, and it was armless Jesus they had come to arrest, so what could have made them suddenly reverse and fall to the ground?

if na nig army dem for don invade Nazareth kee all the villagers, Burn all the houses including manger where dem born jesus arrest the community leader and charge jesus with treason. Put am for Dss custody

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by ToteJesus: 10:11am On Mar 29
Being slain in the spirit. That's the HOLY spirit at work.

It occurs frequently in Christian gatherings.

10 Likes

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Hezmatosky: 10:12am On Mar 29
It was not written anywhere in NKJV that soldiers fell
Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by todaynewsreview: 10:12am On Mar 29
Happy Good Friday all

2 Likes

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by BigDawsNet: 10:12am On Mar 29
Holy spirit
Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:12am On Mar 29
cheesy cheesy
Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by AntiChristian: 10:12am On Mar 29
Na only John see this fall report am out of four people o!

I don't trust this Bible at all!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by NFBI: 10:13am On Mar 29
The best role model to follow is JESUS

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Image123(m): 10:14am On Mar 29
Abido shaker, what else, abi which kain question this one dey ask on Good Friday?

11 Likes

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Sonnobax15(m): 10:14am On Mar 29
lipsrsealed
Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by 99thEnemy(m): 10:16am On Mar 29
Timoleon:
Chronicles of Bros J grin

2 Likes

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Olabode211: 10:18am On Mar 29
Abeg where does jesus daddy come from gangan? I no he is not from isreal.
Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Jewessgratitud3: 10:18am On Mar 29
The bible says at the mention of the name of Jesus every kneel shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord.

The moment he declared himself as the "He" they had no choice but to bow to the power behind His Lordship.

JESUS' IS LORD!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by 99thEnemy(m): 10:19am On Mar 29
jesusjnr2020:

The power of the Word

The Word is God.

4 Likes

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by StatusSymbol: 10:19am On Mar 29
Naa juju
Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Smithwilliams826: 10:19am On Mar 29
To me, it means bow

1 Like

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Roger3D(m): 10:20am On Mar 29
jesusjnr2020:

Absolutely nothing. They were just doing their jobs
Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by MuslimIgbo: 10:21am On Mar 29
YẸYẸ

Was he ready for death? NO

Was he afraid of death? YES

father father, WHY HAVE THOU FORSAKEN ME ..

If Deuteronomy 24:16 says that no man can die for other man’s sins, how come Jesus died for my sins?

Why will Almighty and all forgiving God need the blood and sacrifice of an innocent man for his own atonement and appeasement?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? by Emyogalanya: 10:21am On Mar 29
AntiChristian:
Na only John see this fall report am out of four people o!

I don't trust this Bible at all!
carry your warped mind go to islamic thread. The killings in okuama has been reported with different figures you wont ask why. Its a mob action someone can say the soldiers were 300 another may say 200 or 150. Its even possible for someone to say soldiers came to arrest him without giving out any figure of soldiers. Its possible for someone to even see soldiers marching but maybe he just left the place and if you tell same person they have arrested jesus he will even swear on Oath that its not true. So park well. And stop using Logic that makes no sense

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? / Is Faith Incompatible With Reason? / What Is The Meaning Of The Tree Of Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.