Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? (10097 Views)

Growth Of Churches/mosques via gsm data base and bulksms / Rich Churches, Poor Members / Churches, Mosques To Report Their Financial Transactions From January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by benzion72(m): 1:33pm On Aug 10, 2012
The fool has said there is no God. Has any of you tried to google the Anambra library and try subscription on it. E library without e-presence
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by rodeo0070(m): 1:37pm On Aug 10, 2012
***Listening to MLTR-Wild Women(Dirty money in the left hand
While the preacher's shaking my right hand
They made me a winner they made me a sinner
I don't know what to do)***

LIBRARY LIBRARY LIBRARY LIBRARY LIBRARY LIBRARY
Anytime Anyday...
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by bubadaniel13: 1:38pm On Aug 10, 2012
I don't think neither the church or mosque is a bad to be,but the kind of people that oversee sacred places and their followers.At the risk of sounding religious,we can't do without God,no matter how many book we may read in this life,we will be wasting our time if we miss our creator,at the same time fanatism and hypocrisy should be completely discarded.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by comm: 1:41pm On Aug 10, 2012
Which ever we have the most must be the most important, though for library i doubt how many ppl have need or even access to when they eventually need one, but every sunday n friday we see ppl flock to their respective places of worship, isn't that suppose to make a candid conclusion, remember this is nL not the urban and/or rural area of any society made of the learneth n non-learneth that should actually be a good sample space for this comparison
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by ibnjarir(m): 1:41pm On Aug 10, 2012
ZUBY77: I follow your post a lot and like them. I dont know what you hope to achieve with this very one but my answers are :

Churches: A place where gullible black people gather to contribute money and materials for those who tell them Lies.

Mosques: A place where the other half of gullible black people gather to bow down and hear from their leaders that anyone who does not worship with them is an infidel and should be killed.

Libraries: A place where you can go and read about Churches and Mosques, and then chose what to believe and not what you are told. The developed Countries prefer Library while the black ones prefer the other two.

So the most important among them is the Library even if it is only Oliver twist and Animal farm inside it.
. Rubbish!
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by raytech1: 1:42pm On Aug 10, 2012
Silly post.
plaetton: This comes to my mind as I learn that Governor Peter Obi has completed a modern e-library in Anambra State.

Before that, the last Public Library was built in 1966.

Now we often ask ourselves questions about why we are so underdeveloped and why we are so disorganised and unable to properly manage our vast human and natural resources.

In the face of this revelation, can the answers be far-fetched?
No library built since 1966?
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by ibnjarir(m): 1:42pm On Aug 10, 2012
ZUBY77: I follow your post a lot and like them. I dont know what you hope to achieve with this very one but my answers are :

Churches: A place where gullible black people gather to contribute money and materials for those who tell them Lies.

Mosques: A place where the other half of gullible black people gather to bow down and hear from their leaders that anyone who does not worship with them is an infidel and should be killed.

Libraries: A place where you can go and read about Churches and Mosques, and then chose what to believe and not what you are told. The developed Countries prefer Library while the black ones prefer the other two.

So the most important among them is the Library even if it is only Oliver twist and Animal farm inside it.
. Sentimental Rubbish!
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by KiKatanga: 1:43pm On Aug 10, 2012
ibnjarir: . Rubbish!
Yes. Rubbish! It's evidently true, but still...
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by mkmyers45(m): 1:47pm On Aug 10, 2012
rayt_ech: Silly post.

whats with you? Isnt that the truth?
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Bella3(f): 1:51pm On Aug 10, 2012
Go and ask pastor with 5 jets and u'd get a slap dat wil chase out al the demons in ur life.
Ask BH jihadists and ur life wil neva remain desame becos u'l be burnt beyond recognision.
On a more serious note they could al be benificial depending on how u use it. I used to go to church to read my books then the scripture then pray. It realy helped!
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by webizone(m): 1:52pm On Aug 10, 2012
Developed countries take science as a premium over religion. Me in my undeveloped society.
Developed citizens think putting their mouths to people's genitals is a good thing.
At least the goats and hens in my village don't.

Modern knowledge without discretion is satanic. Whatever you like, anyway.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by KiKatanga: 1:55pm On Aug 10, 2012
webizone: Developed countries take science as a premium over religion. Me in my undeveloped society.
Developed citizens think putting their mouths to people's genitals is a good thing.

Why is what happens in people's bedrooms so important to you?

Do you think it is a coincidence that the more religious a country the more economically and socially backward it is?
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by seyenko(m): 1:56pm On Aug 10, 2012
Even †ђξ Bible said ωε should seek wisdom, understanding,knowledge απϑ discerning spirit. Thus †ђξ library Ȋ̊s very important tọ̥ Ђåvε̲ . There Ȋ̊s a strong correlation between literacy rate απϑ development. So also Ȋ̊s there a strong correlation between religiosity απϑ underdevelopment. Please take the statistic ☺f religious countries απϑ their level ☺f development
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by maigaskiya1: 2:07pm On Aug 10, 2012
plaetton: This comes to my mind as I learn that Governor Peter Obi has completed a modern e-library in Anambra State.

Before that, the last Public Library was built in 1966.

Now we often ask ourselves questions about why we are so underdeveloped and why we are so disorganised and unable to properly manage our vast human and natural resources.

In the face of this revelation, can the answers be far-fetched?
No library built since 1966?
specal thanks 2d arewa born 2rule group.atleast u hav mentiond one of d resultant effect of arewas 38ys of bkwardnes
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by samkoro: 2:12pm On Aug 10, 2012
Church is the best legacy for mankind. Church in the true biblical sense of the word is not a building but the body of Christ.A church is a group of followers of the lifestyle of Christ which epitomises LOVE ,KINDNESS,FORGIVENESS.A lifestyle that leads to eternal life in paradise.

Mosque is a building where those who follow the lifestyle of Mohamed worship.Mohamed started well as a preacher of rightousness,he so much desired to be a prophet,and be recognised by everyone including the jews. When asked to show them signs as a prophet ( performing miracles) he failed.The men,women and children made fun and mockery of him.

In annoyance he left and the Devil took hold of him.That was when the thought of revenge and murder took hold of him.You know what,women,children,men that were non-moslems were killed by Mohmed and his army. Mohameds lifestyle changed,he approved lies,rape and murder against non moslems.He married a 9year old. Today mosque is a place were all Mohameds idea/lifestyle are thought.

Library is always a good legacy.A society that neglects it must fail.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by proudlyafrican(m): 2:18pm On Aug 10, 2012
Nigerians have claimed to be among the most religious people in the world. In a recent survey conducted by the British Broadcasting Cooperation, Nigeria topped the list of ten countries by having the highest percentage of people who believe in God, compared to 46% in the UK and only 28% in South Korea. Yet, the 2004 report of Transparency International, the Berlin-based global corruption watchdog, showed that Nigeria has still maintained its permanent position as the second most corrupt country in the world, after Bangladesh. Meanwhile, episodes of religious violence engulfed the nation once again, resulting in the destruction of property and the deaths of hundreds of innocent victims.Within Nigeria itself, not a single community can boast of uninterrupted access to clean water or electricity in any 24-hour period. Hardly a week will pass without news report of religious massacre of one people by another. Daily life in our country has simply become synonymous with tragedy, ranging from highway robberies in which several people lose their lives within a shouting distance of a police checkpoint.The question then arises, how can a people claiming to be among the most religious on the planet, manifest this kind of behaviour?Nigeria is a country of religious zealots who have found it difficult to tolerate each other, and that we all worship a god who teaches us to be corrupt and to kill and maim one another, on the slightest excuse.Nigerians,are nothing more than a bunch of morally decadent hypocrites passing for Muslims and Christians. We invoke the name of God only when it suits our purpose, while in reality we are liars, thieves and murderers who try to deceive ourselves and the rest of the world into thinking that we a more religious people than the rest of humanity, when evidence to the contrary is there for all to see. Dr. Nura H. Alkali

In the above light i support the notion that we need more libraries built than churches and mosques to remove the plagues in our eyes.

1 Like

Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by KiKatanga: 2:18pm On Aug 10, 2012
samkoro: Church is the best legacy for mankind. Church in the true biblical sense of the word is not a building but the body of Christ.A church is a group of followers of the lifestyle of Christ which epitomises LOVE ,KINDNESS,FORGIVENESS.A lifestyle that leads to eternal life in paradise.

Mosque is a building where those who follow the lifestyle of Mohamed worship.Mohamed started well as a preacher of rightousness,he so much desired to be a prophet,and be recognised by everyone including the jews. When asked to show them signs as a prophet ( performing miracles) he failed.The men,women and children made fun and mockery of him.

In annoyance he left and the Devil took hold of him.That was when the thought of revenge and murder took hold of him.You know what,women,children,men that were non-moslems were killed by Mohmed and his army. Mohameds lifestyle changed,he approved lies,rape and murder against non moslems.He married a 9year old. Today mosque is a place were all Mohameds idea/lifestyle are thought.

Library is always a good legacy.A society that neglects it must fail.

Which Church follows the lifestyle of Jesus? Jesus never asked anyone about their sexuality? He was friends with protitutes! He said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

I don't even believe in god but that seems like a man to respect.

The Christians on here seem do little except judge others.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Richardid: 2:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
MAN read books to get understanding,these books were written by man through Gods help. The church has shaped the society through man that wrote the books in the libraries. On the other hand, most of the outstanding discoveries made by men in the world that we still enjoys today were gotten through inspiration from God and not what they read in the libraries. Libraries can only give you understanding,but true knowledge comes from the church (GOD).
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Philolos: 2:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
ZUBY77 said it well. It’s certainly the library. Both the church and mosque have a spin on the type of knowledge they want their brethrens to consume. Like being in the so-called Garden of Even and eating JUST from the apple tree. But eating knowledge from the library, you could if you so chose to consume knowledge from a menu of well organized headings and topics, and could also customized the type of knowledge you want. And in Anambra, it would appear, you can do it from the corner of your own home or wherever you find internet access. What a blessing this gesture is to the people of Anambra. About time we slow down the building of new churches and increase the building of libraries and rebuilding of school. Hidden in the holy books from the so-called gullible followers, it says, “Without knowledge his people will perish.” Mr. Governor, it would appear you read and took to heart this quote for the people of Anambra State. Now your people should say, “God bless you.”
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by KiKatanga: 2:23pm On Aug 10, 2012
Richardid: MAN read books to get understanding,these books were written by man through Gods help. The church has shaped the society through man that wrote the books in the libraries. On the other hand, most of the outstanding discoveries made by men in the world that we still enjoys today were gotten through inspiration from God and not what they read in the libraries. Libraries can only give you understanding,but true knowledge comes from the church (GOD).

So, I ask on my computer, over the internet...

Which believers contributed pivotally to this?
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by galaxy4rep(m): 2:30pm On Aug 10, 2012
sychophancy! U
ar trying to draw our atention to peter obi make bliv government,he did't build any libry,he only rnovtd osha libry.u tink we ar all fools! Hw much did he pay u 4dis post,.?
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by greaterlove(m): 2:31pm On Aug 10, 2012
if i am to build any of the three in my community, i will definitely build a library. religious houses are important too, but no country has ever risen to dominance without investing in knowledge.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by ZUBY77(m): 2:42pm On Aug 10, 2012
king-paragon:
ur post shows that u are living in fool's paradise who says there is no GOD. we learn spiritualism; human body, soul & spirit in true churches, God's way of life; earthly knowlegde in libraries which is foolishness unto GOD; while d activities of BH shows what is learnt in mosques.

Are you saying that all Muslims will go to hell, your Christian hell?
Does it occur to you that you Christians are going to their own hell too?
As a matter of fact, the Christians in the North are already going to their hell through inceasant bombings.
Grow up.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by KiKatanga: 2:51pm On Aug 10, 2012
ZUBY77:

As a matter of fact, the Christians in the North are already going to their hell through inceasant bombings.
Grow up.
Catholics go to protestant, Shia and Sunni Hells
Protestants go to Catholic, Shia and Sunni Hells
Sunnis go to Shia, Protestant and Catholic Hells
Shias go to Sunni, Protestant and Catholic Hells

Hope that hells.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by plaetton: 2:51pm On Aug 10, 2012
Richardid: MAN read books to get understanding,these books were written by man through Gods help. The church has shaped the society through man that wrote the books in the libraries. On the other hand, most of the outstanding discoveries made by men in the world that we still enjoys today were gotten through inspiration from God and not what they read in the libraries. Libraries can only give you understanding,but true knowledge comes from the church (GOD).

What kind of nonsense is this?

This is a case of complex ignorance.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by scud(m): 2:54pm On Aug 10, 2012
@poster u lack understanding. Church is not a building but an assembly of people who share common belief in and of Jesus Christ. You don't need a building to have a church. Where we worship is not a church but church building. However, how do we read if you don't have library. Moses studied in Egypt that was why he could write the ten commandments, Paul studied under Gamaliel and wrote many epistles.Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, argued with Lawyers because He could read and write. If we have libraries all around us, people will be able to think deeply about God and come to comprehension. There was a school in the Acts of Apostles called the school of Tyranus where people reasons- they were Christians. @poster please grow up. Christianity is not for doboosi yes sir, iya n ko, oloooto
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Bella3(f): 2:59pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

Which Church follows the lifestyle of Jesus? Jesus never asked anyone about their sexuality? He was friends with protitutes! He said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

I don't even believe in god but that seems like a man to respect.

The Christians on here seem do little except judge others.
u've made a point, we are busy judging while our lives are nt perfect. I am guilty of this. I hereby apologize to al
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by Richardid: 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2012
@poster your comparison here smacks of hilarous ignorance. How can you compare somethng physical and that which is spiritual, are you an atheist, if you are one,then i understand where you are coming from.
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by talk2xp: 3:45pm On Aug 10, 2012
[quote author=mkmyers45]

You have summed up your biased and mypoic nature in 1 post....What is a library? So you finished school without ever consulting books? WTF? Your dictionary at home is a library...so are your other books abi dont you make reference to them?[/quote

I sure do understand where you are driving @ as 've always said some things wud neva change. Do u 've a problem comprehending things? Sure u do bt aint going to dwell some much on ur post a lot of u just want to type. Next time try to have an open mind to issues. Am sure u know what I mean. wink
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by plaetton: 3:59pm On Aug 10, 2012
Richardid: @poster your comparison here smacks of hilarous ignorance. How can you compare somethng physical and that which is spiritual, are you an atheist, if you are one,then i understand where you are coming from.

So the the more than 20,000 chruches in Lagos are spiritual centers?
Spiritual centers for .............................?
For producing ..................?

And fanally, it is working? Are these ubiquitoous spiritual centers producing lots of .....................?
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by plaetton: 4:00pm On Aug 10, 2012
scud: @poster u lack understanding. Church is not a building but an assembly of people who share common belief in and of Jesus Christ. You don't need a building to have a church. Where we worship is not a church but church building. However, how do we read if you don't have library. Moses studied in Egypt that was why he could write the ten commandments, Paul studied under Gamaliel and wrote many epistles.Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, argued with Lawyers because He could read and write. If we have libraries all around us, people will be able to think deeply about God and come to comprehension. There was a school in the Acts of Apostles called the school of Tyranus where people reasons- they were Christians. @poster please grow up. Christianity is not for doboosi yes sir, iya n ko, oloooto

So would you let your children spend their free time in a library or in a church or mosque?
Re: Churches, Mosques Or Libraries. Which Is More Beneficial To A Society? by samkoro: 4:10pm On Aug 10, 2012
ZUBY77:

Grow up.

You just made one of the most interesting comment in Nairaland.This brings us to the question; "how do we know the basic truth in so much claim and counter claims of all religions"?.I'm a Christian today because I've tried and never discovered any flaw in the lifestyle of Christ and not because I was born a christian,no !!. I have the freedom of choice,thus I chose the best unlike a moslem who may not have the freedom to read a bible,talkless of making a choice.

To simplify this method of knowing the truth by asking some simple questions

1) How does creating a scene of butchered dead bodies,beheaded men and women,pool of human blood,slashed tongues and human intestines look so good and beautifull as an act that will take one to. a place as beautifull as paradise ?

2)We all agree that the scene above is evil.Now tell me ,does evil lead to good.? This defies all good reasoning and sensibility.

3) Did those killed by Mohamed and stii being killed by his followers deserve to die for being non_moslems?

4)Is it not logical,reasonable and sensible that only good works and love for all mankind that eventualy leads to greater good/reward like paradise.?

There are lots more but let's keep it as simple as the above.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Must We Shout When We Pray? / Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? / Christians And Muslins How Would You Bash Hermaphrodites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.